Cry Havok! OOC

angrydurf

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, this is a tough one; I'm assuming Phalanx and Gos can keep the bad guys occupied, so M2's gotta come up with a Gadget that'll stop keep Havok from getting anyone hurt until Dok A can disable the machine entirely. Teamwork!

How does this sound:

Nullify Communication 10 (Extra: Area [50' radius, Burst, Attached] Duration [sustained], Flaw: Action [Full Action], Limited [Radio Only], Range [Touch]) [10PP]

I'm assuming here that if the antennae itself is Nullified, that'll keep the signal from reaching the rest of the city, right?

Tch, yeah, I guess a giant radio tower would rank pretty high! Well with an Area effect he's limited to +12 anyway; there's not any way to apply Sneak Attack here, is there?

I think he should have the 1 HP from Luck available, just in case. Think Havok using the old midnight mist gun tech for nefarious use could net him an activation of his Legacy complication?

Yes Havok bots are up. They will do a big aid/combined attack thing on Midnight, Phalanx will interpose they can't overwhelm his impervious.

The signal is blocked so its effectively safe to just yank out the Electromagnetic Screwdriver now. With a few moments you could of course rewire the device to give the commands you want. Doc is up

Okay, a week's passed, no word from anyone else, so I'll take first crack.

Dok has 4 HP (and is also fatigued). Let's see what he can do.

He can try and stunt/use Gadgets for some sort of Teleport Others thing, and whisk everyone to safety. Or...

Hypothesis: The Fake!Havok before them was a relay for the real Havok's controls, so components in it could be used by a certain Super-Genius to control the puppet-like HavokBots, and not only stop them from opening fire on the people but also save the woman who's about to fall to her doom.

But, Havok may've blown up those specific components, so we can't use them to track the signals down and so track him down.

On the other hand, Dok's clearly more intelligent (and good-looking) than Havok, so he can make a remote control for them with his own gear.

Actually, there's probably not enough time to usurp control over them and get them to rescue the woman, but he can at least stop the 'Bots from opening fire on the others. He's fairly confident that between Phalanx's speed and Gossamer's hair, someone can rescue her.

He barely knows Midnight, so he's not sure how he can help.

How far are the civilians from us?

And how high up are they?

• 1 month later...

Sure! We're almost wrapped up anyway.

The civilians are around 20 stories up the woman falling is the same though she's a little closer.

Feel free to stunt/gadgets up a mind/machine control gizmo to take over the bots between the parts in the havok suit and what you have on hand you have what you need. I'll give this to midnight fer free that the fake havok bot is about to blow much like the ones you disabled earlier. So go ahead and post your Science! Doc and Giz an heritage can put up their reactions after. If no one else gets to it Phalanx will swoop in to save the falling lady but I'll give you all a chance first.

Reaction: HP to cancel fatigue (3 now)

Move Action: Reconfigure Gadgets

Mind Control 15 (Robot Control Systems Override; Extra: Area; Flaws: Action [Full], Unreliable [50/50 chance])

Free Action: Extra Effort to SURGE and gain another move action.

Full Round: Use Mind Control

Unreliable check; 1-10 does not work, 11-20 works (1d20=16)

Mind Control check (1d20+15=31)

They won't be resisting so if you can get in range (which I'm pretty sure you can with swinging and your hairs elongation) you can nab whatever you have limbs/strength for.

Well she can form 25 separate strands and has Enhanced Strength 20/Super-Strength 3, so I'm guessing quite a few! I will post forthwith.

• 3 weeks later...