Cry Havok! OOC

angrydurf

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Knowledge Technology checks for figuring out stuff about the bots origins. Separate Knowledge tech or investigation to try and figure out what the pieces described could be constructed into or how it would be deployed.

Midnight II you get a secure com transmission from the old man himself. "A transport I was using to transfer an early prototype of the midnight mist gun was hijacked on its way to the super museum. I'm heading over to investigate but it appears that the drivers were waylaid and replaced. More when I look at the scene."

Archeville does have Skill Mastery for Knowledge/Technology, so using his full braininess (i.e. switching from the Enhanced Wis he had coming in to his Enhanced Int) and his Electromagnetic Screwdriver as an assortment of scanners and probes & to access his databases at home (i.e., using Gadgets to get Enhanced Knowledge [Technology] 6), he can Take 10 and get a 44.

Or, using his Mental Quickness, and his Gadgets to provide a CommLink so he can access the Library at his home, he can Take 20 in (1 hour / 100) = 36 seconds, and get a 54. Yes, I think I'll go with that. :science:

That'll do.

Robots are not controlled by true AI but they do have exceedingly advanced control programs with many pre generated tactical outlays. These are all run by some kind of communal processor allowing them function in a highly organized manner despite not having any real ability to socialize on their own.

Their components are actually fairly common. They're armored with heavy duty composites common to these kinds of applications. Their power source is high capacity batteries rather than an internal source. The robotics are fairly standard as well. What you do note most out of the ordinary is that there are components that are far more advanced than the basic chassis. The weapon systems and holo projectors are highly advanced though you've heard of or seen similar designs in prototypes. These components are integrated into the chassis whole suggesting that the builder has only basic understanding of the actual science behind their functioning.

The parts list is a little trickier with the info you have at this time. The Gasses are psychoactives that have very fast onsets, In tandem with some tailoring they could be used to place a victim in a highly suggestive state. The Antenna array and control modulator is designed to hijack multiple media formats with a single signal. It was being developed as a emergency broadcast system it would seize control of any TV, Radio, Cell Phone, many Laptops and desktops, and any other device with a wireless receiver and speakers basically. If used together they could create a potent mind control mechanism. The Device from star Island could be used to as a delivery mechanism but the person behind this would need to develop or steal some means of rapidly putting the gas into a high volume aerosol suspension and access to a large transmitting antenna to amp up the signal.

Anything indicating where the 'bots had been (if not where they were built)? Like, video footage in their memory about where they'd been, or of their surroundings when they were first brought online? Or are their minds too simple to have even that?

Also, could any sufficiently large transmitting antenna (like, say, the one at the Globe Broadcasting Network tower in Parkside) do for Havok's Evil!Plans, or would it need to be a specially purpose-built antenna?

With what he got here all he would need is a large antenna such as the one you mentioned.

They only really have short term memory basically so all you have is the fight. The one you are looking at was supposed to tie up security while another unit retrieved the materials. None of the ones assigned to collect the Items were taken out. It also had orders that as of the retreat it wa supposed to self destruct but it seems it was stopped before it could.

Doc is partially lying. He's pretending he knew Midnight had been there, when really he's quite surprised to see him. But his mind works so fast, he can (usually) hide any surprise reactions he experiences, and his mental quickness would also let him Take 20 on a Notice or Search check (getting 30 and 27, respectively) to find any clues that might be in the immediate area (like Midnight Mist residue) that would let him craft a plausible "Ah, I knew you were here because..." line. Appearances must be kept up!

Trevor's Skill Mastery lets him Take 10 to get a 25 on Sense Motive. This matches what Doc can get on a Bluff check at the moment (since he's not using Enhanced Cha, and his Attractive wouldn't figure in) with a nat 20, so he easily sees through the lie.

Setting Gadgets to

Super-Senses 15 (extended 3 [10,000 ft. increment] trace flight [olfactory], extended 3 [10,000 ft. increment] trace flight [radio], extended 3 [10,000 ft. increment] trace teleport [radio])

Take 20 on a Notice check to get 30; Mental Quickness lets him do so in 0.6 seconds.

First Trace Flight is tracking via the vapor trails and jet fuels.

Second Trace Flight, and the Trace Teleport, are both for electromagnetic or gravitic-based flight or teleportation.

• 2 weeks later...

On the drive home, I realized Dok could be doing more than just verbally assault those workers: he could be scanning them. With, say, Super-Senses 4 (acute analytical ranged detect technology [radio sense]) from his Gadgets.

Would it be kosher for me to edit my last post to show him doing such?

Quite. Also ... Well I was about to ask for a knowledge tech check but you can hit the DC without rolling so here you go.

Even you would be hard pressed to make the necessary alterations and manufacturing of the midnight mist gun or likely the control module in the time he's had. I'll pop up a post noteing what you see with the enhanced senses.

Bots and Havok (1d20+3=16, 1d20+6=23)

Initiative (1d20+4=13)

Phalanx and the others will arrive at the top of round three.

Havoks Actions (He's currently concealed this the extra HP for Doc)

Move: Fly up to where Doc is hovering.

Standard: Initiate a Melee disarm of the Elektromagnetischer Schraubenzieher Attack roll For Disarm attempt (1d20+4=8) BAH! Another HP for Doc! Reroll TIEM! (1d20+4=23) That's more like it. Opposed strength check Strength Check (1d20+5=8) Curse you IC!

Initiative

23 Havok Uninjured

20 Doctor Archeville uninjured 7 HP

16 Havok Bots 5

Doc is up if IC shows him the hate like it showed me and Havok wins that he'll have the DEVICE! in hand.

Opposed Str check v. Havok's disarm attempt (1d20=4)

My Science! No!

... that's the first time anyone's ever tried doing that in the middle of combat, so I'm gonna let it go.

Free Action: Maintain Flight

Free Action: Switch to Cloaking Field

Full Round Action: Switch Pseudonatural Brain Array, using an HP for Heroic Feat (alternate power power feat).

Anatomical Knowledge: Enhanced Feats 12 (Attack Specialization [Power Knuckles] 6, Improved Critical 2 [Power Knuckles], Power Attack, Sneak Attack 3). Unarmed/Strike Attack +20, Damage +0, +5 w/ Sneak Attack.

Descriptor: "Head cocked to de left. Partial deafness in ear. First point of attack. Two: throat; paralyze vocal chords, stop scream. Three: got to be heavy drinker. Floating rib to de liver. Four: finally, drag in left leg, fist to patella. Summary prognosis: unconscious in ninety seconds, partial efficacy quarter of an hour at best. Full faculty recovery: unlikely."

... and hope he thinks Dok teleported away once his Gadget was stolen, and he wastes some time gloating...