Hero Work (IC)

Electra

Moira wondered if the drink was that strong to make Stesha forget. "[divine]No, you only drank one thing that night. It was an amber type liquid. It does have a euphoric dream-like deal to it, which is why you might not remember everything.[/divine]" Moira took a her hand off Stesha and stepped closer. Some would call this personal space, but Moira was happy for her friend "[divine]As 'part divine', I mean you have... qualities above normal humans. You will never get sick. You will never grow old. You will never die permanently.[/divine]" She paused to let it all sink in, "[divine]You are partly divine.[/divine]"

There was silence for a moment as Stesha stared and tried to take that in. The seeds that were in her hand slipped from her fingers and rooted in the ground at her feet, sending runners trailing over her ankles. "The wine did that?" she asked incredulously, sounding more staggered than angry. It was a lot to take in all at once. "But it was just wine! Really good wine, granted, but we had it with cheesecake! I think I broke a couple of laws carrying it in the car! It... does it always do that?"

Moira nodded, "[divine]Yeah, it does that all the time. Well, for mortals. The divine are already divine.[/divine]" Moira stepped back and happily watched Stesha. It was like a newly blossoming being. Sure, it was a lot to take in but she'd get used to it after a while. "[divine]Are there any other questions you want to ask?[/divine]"

"Um, yeah, a couple," Stesha said incredulously. "Like why didn't you mention it beforehand, or afterwards, or like, ever? Not that I don't appreciate not dying when my ticket got punched, but if I'd known beforehand, it could've spared Derrick and Taylor quite a bit of mental pain. Does it do anything else you haven't told me about?" She held up her new, slightly greener hands and looked at them as though seeing them for their first time. They didn't look even slightly quasi-divine to her, but the evidence was at least suggestive.

Moira sighed contentedly watching Stesha play with her hand. "[divine]Well, by the time I woke up that morning, you were gone. I didn't see you for a while after that. By the time I saw you next it was not on my mind.[/divine]" Moira shrugged, "[divine]As far as I know there's nothing else that it does. No side effects either! Did you wake up with a hangover? Of course you didn't! It's just that good.[/divine]" Moira chuckled, "[divine]Then again I've never given anyone as much as you. There could be more that I don't know about.[/divine]"

Stesha grimaced, but didn't seem actually angry. "Guess it'll be an adventure finding out then," she said ruefully. She tossed a few more handfuls of seeds, filling in bare spots with grass and flowers. "I think I'm done here," she admitted. "Did you still want to go out patrolling tonight?" Her tone of voice still bespoke reluctance, for all she'd already agreed to go.

Moira smiled and crossed her arms, "[divine]No, you've been through one emotional memory tonight. I'm not going to put you through another one.[/divine]" She straightened her toga, "[divine]Besides, we can do this anytime you feel like.[/divine]" She winked, "[divine]That, and there's cheesecake and drink at home if you want some.[/divine]"

At Moira's words, Stesha's discomfort melted into a smile. "I'd like that a lot," she told Moira. "It's been a long time since I had any really good cheesecake. I think I may stick with coffee tonight, though." She extended a hand to Moira and transported them both back to the light and warmth of Moira's home. Crime would, for tonight at least, wait.