The Games Afoot OOC

angrydurf

Alright, using his Electromagnetic Screwdriver, but keeping his brain set on Enhanced Charisma, Doc has a +26 on Disable Device. And he's got Skill Mastery on it, so he can Take 10 for a 36.

And some Subtle Telekinesis so he can manipulate it from afar.

Enhanced Skills 6 (Disable Device +6) [2pp]

Telekinesis 3 (Str 15; Extra: Range/Perception; PFs: Precise, Subtle) [11pp]

2+11 = 13/15 points spent in his Gadget

Displacer You're welcome to join in if you have a link to Doc then I think having him call you in might be the way to go with introducing you so it might take a couple posts.

Okay, cool. Could someone send me a PM when you're ready for me to join in? I'll try to watch the thread in the meantime and catch up on what's been happening.

• 4 weeks later...

The script the name of a Japanese tech firm, if you do even a little digging you'll find that a truckload of microprocessors from the company was stolen a week or so ago. Nothing terribly exciting, parts for like clock radios or those little AM/FM radio headsets that never actually work.

The papers look to be lists of names and addresses, they look to be gathered from different sources. If you go and look under the papers there's a class list and what looks like surveillance pictures of the students on the list. Given Docs big ol brain and the fact that he sent an agent there recently he'll recognize it as claremont Academy. There are also several cunningly forged notices canceling a filed trip to ASTRO Labs but none of the ones here have names filled in.

Using his full braininess (i.e., switching to Enhanced Int) and the Screwdriver's commlink to access useful cutting-edge software (video and image filters, patter-matching algorithms, criminal databases, etc.) (i.e., the fluff for the +6 bonus on Investigate his HQ gives, or, to be more accurate, the fluff for switching his Gadget to give him +6 on Investigate), he's got +25. He can't use his Mental Quickness, since you can't Take 20 on Investigate checks.

Unless there's something on the roof interrupting him, I'll Take 10, and get a 35.

That'll do.

Cross referencing what you have the field trip was scheduled for this very morning (Coincidentally enough)

Slowing down the video and using assorted filters reveals a telltale flicker of a hologram unit cloaking the individual as Erik though you can't make out the features underneath it looks like there is some kind of armored suit though.

On the audio there is a spike in a particular sub-harmonic range right before the meeting ends. Matching it against samples available shows a match to Maestros sonic mind control devices.

If you want to go to ASTRO labs you can join up with the crew that just engaged the thief there.