Feathers & Blade [IC]

Nyrath

Night time, or day time, patrolling; a time honoured practice among heroes. Just about every super-hero starts out doing at least a few to get a feel for heroics. Alex remembered her own early days. Hell, she's still doing it at least once every other night, usually in disguise to draw out crooks with some really tasty bait. This time though her dear lover Moira had asked her to look into seeing if she could help a newcomer to the hero scene. According to the redhead Sarah Prescott seemed like an earnest young girl who could probably use a little help in getting started.

All of which led up to Mongrel Angel touching down on the balcony of the swordwoman's home hoping to catch the younger heroinne before she went out. "Anyone home?"

Having finished dinner, Sarah was planning to get some reading in before she headed out for patrol that night. Just as she sat down, however, she saw a figure alight on her balcony and heard it call out.

Startled, Sarah practically leaped from her chair to grab her sword before whirling back towards the mystery woman.

"Alright, who's there?" she called out.

The swordswoman's reaction was perhaps a little startling, but Maenheld took it in stride. "Wooo! Easy there. The dark angel called out holding up her hands in the classic cautionary position. "Name's Mongrel Angel, though you can just call me Alex, Sarah. Moira asked me to see if I could lend you a hand." The steel eyed amazon takes a moment to give Prescott a proper look over. "Nice reflexes by the way." she said with a smile.

Relaxing slightly at mention of Moira, Sarah stared at her visitor a few moments more before remembering the name Mongrel Angel and vanishing her sword

"Yeah, Moira mentioned you last night. Please, take a seat. Care for something to drink?" she asked, waving towards the couch.

"So what sort of help do you mean?

The sight of Sarah's sword just vanishing causes Alex to raise an eyebrow even as she lowers her hands. At the swordswoman's invitation the dark angel casually walks over and gingerly takes a seat at one end of it, taking care not to upset anything with her wings. "No need for something to drink, though the offer is kind."

The tall woman shifts slightly to get more comfortable with her wings before continuing. "As for the help on offer. I have been heroing for years now, so since you're just starting out there might be something I can help you with there. I'm also Moira's 'coach' when it comes to fighting, so I might be of some use there. And while I don't know how much you know but our mutual gorgeous redheaded friend did mention that you said you'd basically just dropped into this situation so I might be of some help with somewhat, mystical, know-how." All while talking the part-succubus casually regards the younger heroinne, gauging how she reacts. And appreciating her looks as well while she's at it.

"Well, according to Mr. Eldritch, my sword's apparently from shortly after Atlantis sank, so..." Sarah shrugged.

"I have a few tricks myself, but I don't where to get more knowledge about magic, so I would appreciate help there. And I've noticed just being in combat has helped my fighting skills, so a sparring partner would be good as well."

Alex listened intentively at what her host had to say. Atlantis, that's a bit outside my area of expertise. Will be needing to do some research then. "Well, fortunately I do know. My knowledge is more theoretical than practical, but I can certainly help. Though Atlantean artifacts are a bit outside my field of expertise, I can always do some research. And as for combat influencing combat skills, that's pretty much a given. I'll gladly help in any case. For tonight though I figured we might try a paired patrol, see how the other operates that kind of thing. You up for it?"

"Well for me it's more like I'm remembering how to fight. And I'm definitely up for a patrol."

Sarah then concentrates a few moments before heavily blurring for moment, reappearing in a dark suit and wrap-around sunglasses. Resting her sword on her shoulder, she grins at Mongrel Angel.

"So, did you have somewhere in mind?"

"Great, I take it you can see out from behind those glasses of yours." Alex stod up as she talked, having remained seated while her host did her rapid change. Shame I couldn't see through that blurring. Ah well. "I was thinking Lincoln, it's simply been a little while since I went through there. Just how do you get around? Do you use a vehicle, fly, hoof it or even teleport?"

"Corner of 32nd and I? Think you can get there with any ease?" Alex inquired as her form flowed and shifted. Within moments she had lost a good nine inches, shortened and effectively bleached her hair and let her skin tone shift to that of a 'white'. Her eyes stayed the same though even while her wings melded into her back, seemingly forming a back to the t'shirt she wore. Out of, somewhere, the now rather a lot shorter woman pulled a jacket which she pulled on while listening to any comfirmation.

"No problem. See you there!"

With that, Sarah gave Alex a grin and wave before vanishing. Making her way in a series of jumps, she eventually arrived at the address a few minutes later. Warping to a roof top at the intersection, Sarah looked around her to find Alex.

Alex, in her new form, nodded as her host waved and teleported out. The newly formed blonde followed suit a moment later, and indeed arrived ahead of Sarah by virtue of longer teleport jumps. Upon arriving the supernatural mixed-breed takes a moment to make sure no one noticed her sudden arrival but the the streets are understandably quiet. So she merely waits for her partner for the night to arrive as well. "Over here." The disguised angel waves her companion over. "Now, basic idea is that I act as bait. I tend to draw out criminals like honey draws bees." Given how the part succubus seemed to have draw attention from just about everyone she meet this certainly wasn't exageration.

• 2 weeks later...

"Alright. So, do we pick an empty alley and I hide while you pull our marks to there or what?"

Once the plan is finalized, Sarah proceeded to hide herself wherever it was most convenient and wait for the show to start.