No Mutation Without Representation! (OOC)

Bots group 3

10 more appear down the hallway. They will all fire at the closest opponent, and I'm going to say that's Doc, since your all clustered around, Arrowhawk was shooting group 2, Sarah took this attack last time, and Jack is still on the floor.

I believe Doc's current Def is 18. Even at that level, they still need to roll nat 20's to hit, so I'm just going to let'em rip:

Not surprisingly, they all miss.

They recognize their true master.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knievel beats that without rolling, even with a +2 circumstance bonus. Knievel hits DC 30 on sense motive automatically with skill mastery.

I'm going to have Malice roll against it as well, because that seems appropriate. Malice has to roll vs. a DC 30.

Initiative and Status

Knievel (if needed) 30 - Unharmed

Arrowhawk - 26 - Unharmed - HPx1

Jack - 22 - Bruised x2 - HPx1

Sarah - 20 - Unharmed - HPx1

Phalanx - 17 - Unharmed - HPx4, will be fatigued at the start of the next round unless he spends a Hero Point.

Bots Group 1 - 14 - 10 remaining

Archeville - 13 - Unharmed - HPx1, will be Fatigued at the start of the next round unless he spends a Hero Point.

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Bots Group 3 - 13 - 10 remaining

Bots Group 2 - 2 - 10 remaining

Jack is up.

Knievel auto passes with a 30 on skill mastery.

Let the record show that I am so sorely tempted to give you that check, though. Man, if you'd rolled even one point higher! You're IC post was like spot on perfect, it would have earned you +4, which still doesn't make it :(

Initiative and Status

Sarah - 20 - Unharmed - HPx1

Phalanx - 17 - Unharmed - HPx4, will be fatigued at the start of the next round unless he spends a Hero Point.

Archeville - 13 - Unharmed - HPx1, will be Fatigued at the start of the next round unless he spends a Hero Point.

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Sarah!

Ooh! Good tactic! And one I hadn't thought of. Hero Point for that.

I'll say those spawn thingies have a toughness of 10 since they're made of steel. Taking ten, the 5 units on that wall all fail by 2, leaving them injured. Which wall did you attack?

Unless you say otherwise, I'll assume its one of the center walls, thats where the most dangerou bots are coming from anyways.

So this encounter essentially just got a new win condition:

Either Break down the door (Or convince Knievel to open them), or destroy the cyborg replication units (It's a working title)

Initiative and Status

Sarah - 20 - Unharmed - HPx2

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Phalanx is up. Gonna spend that HP?

Took this from Chat when asked about what rolls Malice had to make:

Okay so...I'm actually going to say he gets a -2 circumstance penalty for this. Due to the nature of the comment.

On this, and this, I'm going to say that he neither benefits nor suffers. While the In Character Comments weren't really directed at him, he still might be interested (which is why he's having to roll).

If Malice fails any of the Tricks, He'll call off the bots on his turn (Free Action to stop maintaining what we'll call an ad hoc summon power *handwave* *handwave*). If he fails the Taunt, he will suffer the normal effects of the taunt.

End result: No more reinforcements.

On Malice's turn, he may act normally. This includes making whatever dramatic soliloquy he desires, and or opening the doors. Note that Knievel's readied action still goes off no matter who is doing the opening!

Also, I had forgotten to roll initiative for the giant robot...(I really should start statting this thing out). >_> For now, since it's a robot, I'll just give it +0 init

giant robot initiative (1d20=11)

Initiative and Status

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Giant Robot - 11 - Unharmed

Spend HP to clear the fatigue.

Move: Get into melee range with as many of the bots in this central corridor as I can.

Standard: attack the bots All out attack 4 Take 10 to hit a 24 at a DC 31 toughness save. Only take down attack 1 this time so that should clear any I can get in range of.

The bots are all piled together, so that will KO all of them... again...

Initiative and Status

Phalanx - 17 - Unharmed - HPx3

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

As there are no more reinforcements, those bots are out of the picture for good. Doc's turn!

Ack! Sorry, I totally missed it was my turn!

Free Action: Maintain Force Field

Free Action: Maintain Obscure

Obscure 7 (all senses, 500 ft. radius; Extra: Selective Attack; Flaws: Action/Full Round, Range/Touch, Unreliable)

Descriptor: fluctuating EM field interfering with cyborg and battlesuit systems, specifically their sensory interfaces.

Full Round Action: Switch Tentacle Brain Array to "Combat Mode"

Free Action: Fiat the Door Open (basically so we don't have to worry about actions)

Free Action: Activate the Master Plan from 4 months ago

Move Action: Get into position

Free Action: Monologue

Standard: Begin Full Round Action

Free Action: Fiat Again to Surge

Standard: Complete Full Round Acton

Disintegration Attack roll vs Arrowhawk, AoA/PA 5, DC 29 Fort, DC 34 Toughness. Includes MP bonuses. (1d20+15=23)

Free action: ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff----

Free Action: Fiat to Reroll

Disintegration Attack roll vs Arrowhawk, AoA/PA 5, DC 29 Fort, DC 34 Toughness. Includes MP bonuses; Fiat Reroll (1d20+15=32)

Readied actions! Whee!

Captain Knievel

Move Action: Stand in front of Malice\

Fiat: Gain Progression [Width] on the Cannon for the round.

Standard Action: Adrenaline Cannon ... FIRE!

With a 325 foot range, he hits everyone in the hallway with this. Strike 13 "Adrenaline Cannon" -- 23/REF + 28/TOU -- Damage (Plasma Energy)

As this attack normally would not have hit Phalanx, Dr. Archeville, and Jack, they all get HP from it AFTER the rolls are resolved.

I'm just going to go ahead and cut the last two groups of bots from this fight. They're dead to me anyway :P

IC post incoming:

Initiative and Status

Arrowhawk - 26 - Unharmed - HPx3

Jack - 22 - Bruised x2 - HPx2

Phalanx - 17 - Unharmed - HPx4

Archeville - 13 - Unharmed - HPx2, Fatigued

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Knievel 13 - Unharmed

And oh look, the Giant Robot goes!

He will ready an action for when someone actually comes through the door.

Initiative and Status

Arrowhawk - 26 - Unharmed - HPx3

Jack - 22 - Bruised x2 - HPx2

Phalanx - 17 - Unharmed - HPx4

Archeville - 13 - Unharmed - HPx2, Fatigued

Malice - 13 - Unharmed

Knievel 13 - Unharmed

Giant Robot - 11 - Unharmed - Readied action

I'll use the +2 Reflex vs Areas on Defensive Roll, for... DC 23 Reflex with Evasion, then Toughness DC 28 (1d20+14=31)

Arrowhawk's round Unharmed, 3 Hero Points

Free action:- Switch back to using Defensive Roll on Toughness

Free action:- Switch Trick Arrow array to single target Blast. Then shoot Knieval in the chest.

Standard action: Power Attack for 3. DC 25 Toughness save (1d20+14=21) Well, that's no good. I'm now down to 2 HP. Now, with a minimum roll of 11, I only miss on a 1 or 11. Re-roll! (1d20.minroll(11)+14=28) Bazinga.