Out with the Old, in with the New... (OOC)

Nightshyft

This is your thread, so I'm flexible, but here's how I would normally play it:

1. A readied action takes place in the initiative order just before the triggering action, so the Cop still goes before you in the initiative order.

Naw, no problem whatsoever. I need to get use to playing with a Ref anyway so it's good to see how things work out.

2. I'd say that Damage effects are noticeable by default regardless of descriptor. They are noticeable not just because they hurt people, but the fact that they are powers is what's noticeable. For example, Protection is not noticeable by default even if people watch bullets bounce off of your skin. If you don't want your damage effects to look like superpowers then "subtle" is what you are looking for. Also, if you want a noticeable power that doesn't appear to originate from your character (but isn't subtle), check out Indirect.

I went around checking about that and it seems you're correct. I simply misunderstood how the Damage AP was written in the UP. Later, I'll do an extensive write up on the descriptors of my powers so that I and others know how his powers work.

Round 2 (continued)

3. Cop 2, Attack vs. Ghost (Defense 11). (1d20+3=16) That's a hit. Toughness save = DC 18.

Spending a villain point to improve the roll.

Touchness DC 18 (1d20+5-1=5)

Toughness DC 18 [reroll from villian point] (1d20+5-1=12) Which makes it an 22.

Round 3

1. Cop 1 is readying his action again.

2. Ghost is up.

IC post is in the works

Looks like it's time for the Ghost to vamoose. :D

Premeating through the floor.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't mind Hub somehow ending up there, I could bring him in.

Hub nearly deserves the Complication: Weirdness Magnet from all the different threads he has been in. UFO landing, "alien" goo meeting, evil monk fighting, assassin delaying... and that's just off the top of my head.

Hub nearly deserves the Complication: Weirdness Magnet from all the different threads he has been in. UFO landing, "alien" goo meeting, evil monk fighting, assassin delaying... and that's just off the top of my head.

I don't mind but as you stated, Hub has been around quite a bit in various threads. i'd like to off the opening to newer players first to give them an option to play.

I'll give it a few more days to see if anyone is interested before shooting it your way, though. I hope you don't mind the wait. I don't want to stretch you too thin. :D

I don't mind but as you stated, Hub has been around quite a bit in various threads. i'd like to off the opening to newer players first to give them an option to play.

I'll give it a few more days to see if anyone is interested before shooting it your way, though. I hope you don't mind the wait. I don't want to stretch you too thin. :D

• 2 weeks later...