Out with the Old, in with the New... (OOC)

Nightshyft

Using the Police Officer PL3 archetypes found in the core book p 228 for the guards.

The first floor, has two stationary guards. One has a clear view of the front entrance and the elevators. The other has a clear view of the stairs and the back corridor which The ghost just came in from. The two guards do not have line of sight with each other, but through walkie talkies, can stay in contact with each other.

notice check (1d20+5=9) for the guard to hear Sammy's approach. Not enough to hear once the distance modifiers are in place.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using the Police Officer PL3 archetypes found in the core book p 228 for the guards.

The first floor, has two stationary guards. One has a clear view of the front entrance and the elevators. The other has a clear view of the stairs and the back corridor which The ghost just came in from. The two guards do not have line of sight with each other, but through walkie talkies, can stay in contact with each other.

notice check (1d20+5=9) for the guard to hear Sammy's approach. Not enough to hear once the distance modifiers are in place.

Number of Guards on 2nd floor (1d6=4)

There is a percentage chance of a guard being located near Sammy's present location.

2nd floor has 25% chance of a guard being nearby. Roll each time to see how many guards are nearby.

25% chance of nearby guard (1d100=75, 1d100=24, 1d100=64, 1d100=21)

Two guards are nearby.

Ghost stealth vs guards notice (1d20+5=8, 1d20+5=19, 1d20+5=8)

Looks like someone's getting the drop on the Ghost. :cry:

There is a percentage chance of a guard being located near Sammy's present location.

2nd floor has 25% chance of a guard being nearby. Roll each time to see how many guards are nearby.

Two guards are nearby.

Two guards are nearby.

Round 1

As soon as Ghost activates his Probability Control power, the first cop, who readied his action, fires his gun at Ghost. I had to wing it in my post, since your sheet doesn't describe what your Damage extra looks like.

1. Attack Roll vs Ghost (Defense 11). (1d20+3=16) That's a hit. The Toughness save DC is 18.

2. Then the policeman gets shot by his partner (Ghost's Damage Effect).

Toughness Save vs. DC 21. (1d20+4=22). His vest stops the bullet, and he is uninjured.

3. The 2nd cop shoots at the Ghost too.

Attack Roll vs. Ghost (Defense 16). (1d20 3=9). Missed.

Round 2

1. Cop 1 fires again.

Attack Roll vs. Ghost (Defense 16). (1d20 3=22) Another hit. The DC is still 18.

2. Ghost is up.

Round 1

As soon as Ghost activates his Probability Control power, the first cop, who readied his action, fires his gun at Ghost. I had to wing it in my post, since your sheet doesn't describe what your Damage extra looks like.

1. Attack Roll vs Ghost (Defense 11). (1d20+3=16) That's a hit. The Toughness save DC is 18.

Toughness Save vs. DC 21. (1d20+4=22). His vest stops the bullet, and he is uninjured.

Round 2

1. Cop 1 fires again.

Attack Roll vs. Ghost (Defense 16). (1d20 3=22) Another hit. The DC is still 18.

2. Ghost is up.

Round 1

Round 2

1. Cop 1 fires again.

2. Ghost is up.

It seems I made a few mistakes. The DC is only a 20 for his Damage attack. I have 5 ranks, not 6.

Next, the guard had held his action, or Readied, to shot. So his initiative drops to even with Ghost, right? As for the descriptor of his Damage AP, it is simply unlikely accidents. Would it be noticeable as origniating from Ghost that way opr would I still have to buy the subtle feat to make it difficult to notice?

To keep things moving, here's the Toughness roll.

Toughness DC 18 (1d20+5=10) Ouch!

The Ghost is Stunned and Bruised. So the next shot goes off, hitting him again in Rnd 2.

Toughness DC 18 (1d20+5-1=23)

Shakes off that second shot. Yeah! But the second guard still gets his shot. :(

It seems I made a few mistakes. The DC is only a 20 for his Damage attack. I have 5 ranks, not 6.

Next, the guard had held his action, or Readied, to shot. So his initiative drops to even with Ghost, right? As for the descriptor of his Damage AP, it is simply unlikely accidents. Would it be noticeable as origniating from Ghost that way opr would I still have to buy the subtle feat to make it difficult to notice?

The Ghost is Stunned and Bruised. So the next shot goes off, hitting him again in Rnd 2.

This is your thread, so I'm flexible, but here's how I would normally play it:

1. A readied action takes place in the initiative order just before the triggering action, so the Cop still goes before you in the initiative order.

2. I'd say that Damage effects are noticeable by default regardless of descriptor. They are noticeable not just because they hurt people, but the fact that they are powers is what's noticeable. For example, Protection is not noticeable by default even if people watch bullets bounce off of your skin. If you don't want your damage effects to look like superpowers then "subtle" is what you are looking for. Also, if you want a noticeable power that doesn't appear to originate from your character (but isn't subtle), check out Indirect.

Round 2 (continued)

3. Cop 2, Attack vs. Ghost (Defense 11). (1d20+3=16) That's a hit. Toughness save = DC 18.

Round 3

1. Cop 1 is readying his action again.

2. Ghost is up.

IC post is in the works

1. A readied action takes place in the initiative order just before the triggering action, so the Cop still goes before you in the initiative order.

2. I'd say that Damage effects are noticeable by default regardless of descriptor. They are noticeable not just because they hurt people, but the fact that they are powers is what's noticeable. For example, Protection is not noticeable by default even if people watch bullets bounce off of your skin. If you don't want your damage effects to look like superpowers then "subtle" is what you are looking for. Also, if you want a noticeable power that doesn't appear to originate from your character (but isn't subtle), check out Indirect.

Round 2 (continued)

3. Cop 2, Attack vs. Ghost (Defense 11). (1d20+3=16) That's a hit. Toughness save = DC 18.

Round 3

2. Ghost is up.

IC post is in the works

Round 2 (continued)

Round 3

2. Ghost is up.

IC post is in the works

Naw, no problem whatsoever. I need to get use to playing with a Ref anyway so it's good to see how things work out.

I went around checking about that and it seems you're correct. I simply misunderstood how the Damage AP was written in the UP. Later, I'll do an extensive write up on the descriptors of my powers so that I and others know how his powers work.

Round 2 (continued)

Spending a villain point to improve the roll.

Touchness DC 18 (1d20+5-1=5)

Toughness DC 18 [reroll from villian point] (1d20+5-1=12) Which makes it an 22.

Round 3

2. Ghost is up.

IC post is in the works

Looks like it's time for the Ghost to vamoose. :D

Premeating through the floor.

Naw, no problem whatsoever. I need to get use to playing with a Ref anyway so it's good to see how things work out.

I went around checking about that and it seems you're correct. I simply misunderstood how the Damage AP was written in the UP. Later, I'll do an extensive write up on the descriptors of my powers so that I and others know how his powers work.

Round 2 (continued)

Spending a villain point to improve the roll.

Touchness DC 18 (1d20+5-1=5)

Toughness DC 18 [reroll from villian point] (1d20+5-1=12) Which makes it an 22.

Round 3

2. Ghost is up.

IC post is in the works

Looks like it's time for the Ghost to vamoose. :D

Premeating through the floor.