• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done by Sandman XI

Updating Divine's fluff

[b][u]Power Level[/u][/b]: 13 (196/196)

[b][u]Trade-Offs[/u][/b]: -5 Attack for +5 Damage, -5 Defense for +5 Toughness

[b][u]Unspent PP[/u][/b]: 0

[b][u]Alternate Identities[/u][/b]: Moira Morley, Edone, Divine

[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 22 (born January 1988; Apparent Age 21)

[b][u]Gender[/u][/b]: Female

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 5'5" (1.66m)

[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 120 lbs (55kg)

[b][u]Eyes[/u][/b]: auburn

[b][u]Hair[/u][/b]: green

[b][u]Description[/u][/b]: Moira is a voluptuously fit woman of average height, with a warm and healthy skin tone. Her auburn hair falls unbound to her shoulders, and her clear green eyes are bright with laughter. She prefers to wear casual clothes, that nevertheless show off her curves. She dresses in whites and subdued colors. While she doesn't wear much jewelry, there is a small gold chain around her neck at all times. She moves with a confident stride, often drawing every eye in the room. She keeps her voice at a silky and smooth mid-range, somewhat of a purr almost.

When Divine goes out to fight evil-doers, she wears an outfit heavily influenced by classical Greek styles. The main element is a short marble-white toga, wrapped loosely about her body, made out of some otherworldly material. Fingerless gloves of the same material cover her hands, reaching halfway up her forearms. On her feet she wears golden sandals, whose straps criss-cross up her calf to just below her knee. This is topped off by a thin white unadorned ceramic face mask the covers around her eyes.

[b][u]History[/u][/b]: Moira is a foundling, literally appearing on her father's doorstep one morning between the milk and the paper. Sean Morley ended up formally adopting the baby girl, though the employees and regular patrons of his tavern did at least as much to raise her. Moira was a remarkable child, something of a tomboy but also able to charm just about anyone if she put her mind to it. Pretty much everyone assumed she was destined for great things, but all she wanted to do was help her adoptive father run his tavern.

She finally got her chance, though not how she would've wanted it. Sean Morley died a few days before Moira's 21st birthday, in his sleep, and left the tavern to his daughter. That night she had a dream; she was sitting in a booth in the tavern when two people walked in, a man and a woman. They man was tall and powerful, his wide frame packed with phenomenal amounts of muscle. The woman was graceful and statuesque, and beautiful beyond compare. They seated themselves before Moira and told her that they were the gods Ares and Aphrodite, and they were her true parents.

She had been abandoned at birth, settled with a human family so that she could learn of the world. They explained about the Pact, how the gods were forbidden from acting directly in the mortal world -- and how some evil gods like Hades, Medea, or Taurus ignored or circumvented these restrictions. They awoke the divine heritage in Moira, empowering her to be the agent of the Greek pantheon on Earth. The girl didn't know exactly what would happen now, but she knew that her life was about to change forever.

[b][u]Personality & Motivation[/u][/b]: Moira is bombastic and uninhibited, with a joie de vivre that is unparalleled by most. Her pleasant attitude is almost infectious. Her motivation is threefold. First she uses her powers for protecting the innocent. I mean how fun would it be if there was someone hurting and/or sad? Secondly, she believes it is her job. 'With great power comes great responsibility' and 'Noblesse oblige'.

[b][u]Powers & Tactics[/u][/b]: Moira has strength and stamina beyond normal mortals. She can also tap into a divine rage that steels her body and mind. Besides having the bloodlust of her father, she also has the beauty and social graces of her mother. Anything that can be ended with a quick word or gesture is much more ideal than going to blows.

[b][u]In Brief[/u][/b]: She is the avatar of the Greek goddess of hedonism raised with human morals.
Also, please change her Combat to:
[b][u]Combat[/u][/b]: 6+8 = 14pp

Attack: +3 Base, +8 Melee

Grapple: +21, +26*

Defense: +8 (+2 flat-footed), +6 (+2 flat-footed)*

Knockback: -15

Initiative: +0

*Raging

I'd like to further edit Eddie's complications. Don't know what I was thinking when I made this sheet, but most of them don't really apply to anything >_>

Remove:

Guilt Trip: Will always help a friend when they need it.

Obsession: Copies of music that he does not have (still chasing down a copy of Led Zeppelin II on vinyl).

Addiction: Listens to music CONSTANTLY.

Hatred: Country Music. Just can't stand that twang in the singer's voice!

Teenager: Just finished with puberty, HOORAY!

Edit:

Responsibility: Team: Young Freedom; Friends; Hero's Code.

to

Responsibility: Hero's Code

I doubt he'll be hanging with the Young Freedom crowd much after Prom :o

Add:

Public Identity

DONE BY SHAENTHEBRAIN

In the interest of avoiding continuing confusion, could the following be added under Jackie B's super-senses, respectively?

[i]Erik is sensitive to both the electromagnetic spectrum and magical power. This awareness is filtered through to his regular senses in a mishmash of synesthesia, giving him a general impression of the energy's particulars and allowing him to recognize signatures he's sensed before.[/i]
While we're at it, could the second note at the bottom of his sheet be changed to this:
[b]Note:[/b] As a metamagi, Erik's powers are the result of a mystically enhanced genetic mutation, blurring the line between genetics and sorcery. This enhancement specifically allows him to form his borrowed energy into swords. Magic nullification removes the 'sword' descriptor from his Strike power, which means he will no longer benefit from his Attack Specialization or Improved Critical feats. Effects that nullify mutant powers shut his Strike off entirely.

Done by Sandman XI

Some changes to be made to Robin, please.

:arrow: Change Age to c. 7000 (Subjective: 35; DoB 7/4/1975.

[u][b]Age[/b][/u] C. 7000 years (Subjective: 35; DoB: 7/4/1975)
:arrow: Change the first paragraph of her history to:
A thousand years before recorded history, when the world was a more savage place, a young shepherdess named Robin was born in the rocky mountains of the Near Est. She grew up in a sleepy village built around ancient Atlantean ruins, mostly untouched by the outside world, until the day her quiet home was invaded by bloodthirsty raiders. The girl was lucky enough to hide among the ruins and avoid death, but it left a mark on her. She studied the notes left behind by the village’s shaman, growing in arcane power and her need for revenge. Eventually she left the ashes of her home and went searching for the marauders.
:arrow: Complete rewrite of her Powers & Tactics.
[b][u]Powers & Tactics:[/u][/b] Robin's magic is oriented towards mental effects, not physical ones. When she needs to interact with the physical world, she uses foci; most often her staff. To use her magic, the sorceress must gather the energy and shape it using words and gestures. Anything that leaves her unable to move and/or speak would leave her unable to access her spells. However, she could still use her foci.

In a fight, Robin tries to use her Illusion and Emotion Control to break up groups of enemies. If possible, she'll set them to fighting each other, or at least fighting imaginary constructs. If there are innocents around, her first priority will be to get them out.
:arrow: Add Soft-hearted: Robin finds it difficult to turn down a plea for help, even when it would be in her best interests to.
[u]Complications:[/u] [u]Acrophobia:[/u] Robin believes she will die from a long fall, and as such has a crippling fear of heights.

[u]Day Job:[/u] Robin has a store in the same neighborhood as FCU, and must work her schedule around keeping it open and profitable.

[i]Soft-hearted:[/u] Robin finds it difficult to turn down a plea for help, even when it would be in her best interests to.

:arrow: Changing around Robin's HQ and its wards.

12EP

Unless noted otherwise, these apply both to Robin's store and the lab within.

Size Small (0 pts)

Concealed The lab has a spell on it to make it innocuous and unnoticeable.

Defense System Only on the lab.

Holding Cells Prepared warding circles inside the lab.

Laboratory An arcane laboratory. :awesome:

Library She works in an occult bookstore. This is just mandatory.

Power x2 My version of Ward. :D

Power System Less 'has a generator' then 'doesn't use electricity.' Specifically the lab.

Workshop Also a necessity. Also in the lab.

Security System 3 A mental alarm and anti-personal wards.

3EP

Size Diminutive (-2 pts)

Living Space

Power 2

Security System 2

DONE BY SHAENTHEBRAIN

I noticed a terrible flaw in Colt's sniper power, in that he can't actually SEE what he's shooting at. Can you change

This:

AP: "Sniper Shot" Blast 9 (Extras: Penetrating; PF: Affects Insubstantial 2, Improved Critical 2, Improved Range 6 [9,000ft Range Increments] , Knockback, Progression [Range] 3 [9,000ft Max Range] , Ricochet, Subtle, Variable Descriptor 2) {45dp}

To this:

AP: "Sniper Shot" Blast 9 (Extras: Penetrating 5; PF: Affects Insubstantial 2, Improved Critical 2, Improved Range 5 [4,500ft Range Increments] , Progression [Range] 3 [9,000ft Max Range] , Ricochet, Subtle, Variable Descriptor 2) {39dp}

AND

"Sniper Scope" Super Senses 6 (Vision: Extended 2 [1,000ft Range Increments], Penetrates Concealment) {6pp}

Here's the Code for you:

[u]AP[/u]: [i]"Sniper Shot"[/i] [b]Blast 9[/b] ([i]Extras[/i]: Penetrating 5; [i]PF[/i]: Affects Insubstantial 2, Improved Critical 2, Improved Range 5 [4,500ft Range Increments] , Progression [Range] 3 [9,000ft Max Range] , Ricochet, Subtle, Variable Descriptor 2) {39dp}

AND

[i]"Sniper Scope"[/i] [b]Super Senses 6[/b] ([i]Vision[/i]: Extended 2 [1,000ft Range Increments], Penetrates Concealment) {6pp}

Sneerg'd

Use 1pp on Doktor Archeville to add Benefit (Freedom League member).

Also, his point totals are off -- the line at the top of the sheet and at the bottom don't agree. I'll count things up a bit later, but I know he has at least one free, so I'm comfortable with putting in this request.

DONE BY SHAENTHEBRAIN

Skills, Spent 3 PP

+1 Acrobatics, +1 Stealth, +10 Search.

Feats, Spent 3 PP

+1 Dodged Focus, Eidetic Memory, Attack Focus (Melee)

Powers, Gained and Spent 1 PP

Removed AP (Emotion Control) - Will stunt this as necessary.

Increased Protection 6 to Protection 7

Increased powers to PL caps, reduced Enhanced Search +12 to Enhanced Search +4.

Updated Character Sheet

[b][u]Characters Name[/u][/b]: Sage [floatr][img=http://files.error-403.net/img/fc/sage-final.png][/floatr]
[b][u]Power Level[/u][/b]: 11 (161/161pp)
[b][u]Trade-Offs[/u][/b]: None
[b][u]Unspent PP[/u][/b]: 0

[b][u]In Brief[/u][/b]:
Eve Martel is a mute, teenage, psychic bloodhound from an exceptionally wealthy but completely altruistic family whose psychic members have been fighting the good fight for hundreds of years.

[b][u]Alternate Identity[/u][/b]: Eve Alexis Martel
[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 11 April 1994
[b][u]Gender[/u][/b]: Female
[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 5'0"
[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 110 lbs
[b][u]Eyes[/u][/b]: Green
[b][u]Hair[/u][/b]: White

[b][u]Description[/u][/b]:
Small in stature but possessing a powerful, toned, athletic frame, Eve Martel views the world through striking green eyes. Chin-length soft white hair frames a pretty, if otherwise unremarkable, heart-shaped face.

Eve tends to dress in intense, rich colors accented with jewel tones, or contrasted with brighter white or icy pastels as these colors tend to compliment her cool complexion. Regardless of the color choices, her clothing is comfortable and well-made, though it tends to be rather understated in design.

[b][u]History[/u][/b]:
The youngest of three children, Eve Martel was born in France one year after the Terminus Invasion. Though Eve had been separated from her oldest brother Nicholas, she grew up with plenty of cousins her age. On occasion she would visit the extended family in the United States, where she would see her brother Nicholas or her cousin Faith, but she would always return home to France eventually. Enjoying every privilege the Martel family had to offer, Eve was encouraged, and provided the means, to set her own goals and pursue her dreams.

As early as the age of seven, Eve took an interest in gymnastics bordering on obsession. That she had a natural talent for it only seemed to make her more determined to see just how far that natural talent could take her. Eve withdrew from school at the age of nine so she could focus on gymnastics, receiving tutoring while she was not working out in the gym. Soon she started to compete at a national and international level, doing well enough over the years that speculated she would earn a spot in the 2012 Olympics, even if she would be nearly two years older than most competitors.

The day she turned fourteen was also a day of competition. The beginning of the day had already started on a high note with Eve scoring rather well in both the vault and the uneven bars. Then it all went pear-shaped. Twisting through the air on the balance beam the thoughts of everyone around her, from the spectators to the judges to the other competitors slammed into her mind. In one heartbeat she went from intensely focused to disoriented and confused and the results were tragic. Eve fell, the tip of her shoulder slamming into the balance beam, dislocating the collarbone.

Eve screamed as the agony tore through her body and a pulse of mental energy slammed into everyone present in the area. The entire arena was brought to its knees, those present linked with Eve in her moment of suffering, a problem compounded as the link fed back in itself. Mercifully the event was short-lived, as Eve eventually passed out.

Eve never fully recovered from that day, the awakening of her psychic voice robbing her of her physical one. While she continued to have the warmth and support of her family, she was officially barred from competition on the grounds that she wasn’t a “normal” human. Not one to sit idle, Eve shifted her focus to more martial pursuits and over the next two years under the tutelage of her father and other Martel family members, learned to refine her control over her mental abilities. Still, Eve doesn’t have complete control over her psychic ability, to those that have the ability to sense it she is like a beacon of psychic energy and those near her tend to pick up on her emotions.

In the hope of somehow helping his daughter recover, Leon Martel decided to send Eve to live with her brother Nicholas, to put her as far away from the memories of what she lost and yet still near family. She is expected to attend Claremont Academy, a school her cousin Faith attends.

[b][u]Personality & Motivation[/u][/b]:
Eve possesses an athlete’s mentality, tackling obstacles before her with a single-minded ferocity. From a young age she has refused to accept limits and failure, and trained her mind and body to push through doubt, pain and fatigue. Eve tends to keep to herself because she is frustrated with her inability to speak and being around others just serves to remind her of her disability, as well as dredge up the memories of the day she lost her voice.

Still, overall Eve has a cheerful disposition and a warm, ready smile for those that she has opened up to. The best way to her heart is a little friendly challenge, as Eve enjoys the spirit of competition. While this often takes the form of sport, she also likes to engage in (harmless) practical jokes.

Eve, as a psychically gifted Martel, understands and accepts the charge the family has taken on. But she also knows that she is still quite young and not quite prepared for the task ahead. But she will be, one day.

[b][u]Powers & Tactics[/u][/b]:
Eve's powers largely involve contacting the minds of others, with some minor telekinesis (in the form of her psi-blade and psi-shield). She might use her emotion control to bolster her allies or demoralize her enemies. Where she really shines, however, is her ability to find what she is looking for. She can locate people several thousands of miles away or deeply probe someones mind with her "corrosive" mind reading, breaking down their defenses and laying their secrets out before her. In a straight up fight Eve will use her excellent physical conditioning to approach a target quickly and quietly, flanking and harassing her foe before retreating back into hiding just to repeat the process.

[b][u]Complications[/u][/b]:
[b]"She burns so bright...":[/b] Eve's psychic abilities are always active and she is unable to hide her nature from other psychics.
[b]Radiates Emotion:[/b] Those near Eve are able to sense her emotions, though the intensity and range of that detection varies with just how strong the emotion is.
[b]Semi-Public Identity:[/b] There are several hundred people that know Eve Martel has some sort of ability, as her initial manifestation was pretty public. This was, however, two years ago and on another continent, as well as prior to adopting the Sage persona. Still it is only a matter of time before the connection is made.

[b][u]Stats[/u][/b]: 2+10+8+0+6+0 = 26pp
Str: 12 (+1)
Dex: 20 (+5)
Con: 18 (+4)
Int: 10 (+0)
Wis: 16 (+3)
Cha: 10 (+0)

[b][u]Combat[/u][/b]: 8+12 = 20pp
Attack: +4 Base, +5 Unarmed, +10 Psionic Assault Array, +11 Psi-Blade, Mental Corrosiion
Grapple: +10
Defense: +11 (+6 Base, +5 Dodge Focus), +3 Flat-Footed
Knockback: -5
Initiative: +5

[b][u]Saves[/u][/b]: 1+0+7 = 8pp
Toughness: +11 (+4 Con, +7 Psi-Shield)
Fortitude: +5 (+4 Con, +1)
Reflex: +5 (+5 Dex, +0)
Will: +10 (+3 Wis, +7)

[b][u]Skills[/u][/b]: 100r = 25pp
Acrobatics 16 (+21) [Skill Mastery]
Climb 8 (+9)
Concentration 10 (+13)
Escape Artist 10 (+15) [Skill Mastery]
Language 4 (ASL, BSL, English, French [Native], LSF)
Notice 12 (+15)
Search 12 (+12, +16 w/ Telelocation)
Sense Motive 12 (+15) [Skill Mastery]
Stealth 16 (+21) [Skill Mastery]

[b][u]Feats[/u][/b]: 19pp
Acrobatic Bluff
Attack Focus (Melee)
Benefit 4 (Status, Wealth 3)
Connected
Dodge Focus 5
Eidetic Memory
Evasion 2
Grapple Finesse
Hide in Plain Sight
Power Attack
Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, Escape Artist, Sense Motive, Stealth)

[b][u]Powers[/u][/b]: 21+4+7+31+2 = 64pp

[b]Communication 6[/b] (Mental Communication/20 Miles; [i]Extras[/i]: Two-Way, Area (Omni-Directional); [i]Power Feats[/i]: Rapid 1 (x10), Subtle 1, Selective) [21pp]

[b]Comprehend 2[/b] (Reflexive Language Center Scanning; Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All) [4pp]

[b]Protection 7[/b] (Psi-Shield) [7pp]

[b]Psionic Assault Array 12[/b] ([i]Power Feats[/i]: Accurate 3, Alternate Powers 4) [24 + 3 + 3] [30 pp]
[u]BE[/u]: [b]Mind Reading 11[/b] (Mind Reading; [i]Extras[/i]: Action 2 (free/move); [i]Flaws[/i]: Limited (Surface Thoughts); [i]Power Feats[/i]: Subtle) [23pp]
[u]AP[/u]: [b]Drain Wisdom 11[/b] (Mental Corrosion; [i]Extras[/i]: Alt. Save (Will); [i]Power Feats[/i]: Subtle, Slow Fade) + [b]Mind Reading 10[/b] (Mind Probe; [i]Extras[/i]: Action 1 (move/standard), Penetrating; [i]Flaws[/i]: Range 2 (touch)) [24pp]
[u]AP[/u]: [b]Strike 11[/b] (Psi-Blade; [i]Extras[/i]: Penetrating 8; [i]Power Feats[/i]: Affects Insubstantial 2, Subtle; [i]Feats[/i]: Improved Critical 2) [24pp]
[u]AP[/u]: [b]Enhanced Trait 1[/b] (Search +4) + [b]Telelocation 11[/b] (Telelocation/2 million mi; [i]Extras[/i]: Duration 1 (sustained); [i]Power Feats[/i]: Subtle) [24pp]

[b]Super-Senses 2[/b] (Danger Sense: Mental, Uncanny Dodge: Mental) [2pp]

[b][u]Drawbacks[/u][/b]: -1 = -1pp
Mute ([i]Frequency[/i]: Uncommon; [i]Intensity[/i]: Minor) [-1pp]

[b][u]DC Block[/u][/b]:
[code]
ATTACK RANGE DC/SAVE EFFECT
Telelocation Extended 21/Will Telelocation
Mind Read (Surface) Perception 21/Will Mind Reading
Mind Read Touch 21/Will Mind Reading
Drain Wisdom Touch 21/Will Drain Wisdom
Psi-Blade Touch 26/Toughness (Staged) Damage
Unarmed Touch 16/Toughness (Staged) Damage
Costs: Abilities (26) + Combat (20) + Saves (8) + Skills (25) + Feats (19) + Powers (64) - Drawbacks (1) = 161/161pp

DONE BY SHAENTHEBRAIN

Dragonfly AND Gaian Knight:

On reflection and chat discussion, I realized that they both ought to have

Secret Identity

in their list of complications. I'd been taking it for granted, but it ought to be made explicit.

DONE BY SHAENTHEBRAIN

:arrow: Changing around Robin's HQ and its wards.

We need to know which version of Holding Cells it has - 150% Toughness, or Nullify at your PL.

Also, what's up with that Super-Movement power? Why the Duration extra? If the HQ can open portals to other dimensions, then just add the +Portal (+2) extra from Teleport (it's basically +Affects Others and +Duration [Concentration], with some bells & whistles).

Also, his point totals are off -- the line at the top of the sheet and at the bottom don't agree. I'll count things up a bit later, but I know he has at least one free, so I'm comfortable with putting in this request.

He's got 242PP spent now, and that's showing on the top and at the bottom.

But there were two total point totals listed, "242," and "247." Which one was correct?

He's got 242PP spent now, and that's showing on the top and at the bottom.

But there were two total point totals listed, "242," and "247." Which one was correct?

247 -- I had one pp left unspent after my June edits (that is, the edits I made with pps earned up through May), and earned 4 more in June, so he should have 5 unspent.