Character Edits, v5

All right, here we go. Razorwing has 1pp to spend this month, which bumps him up to PL 12.

Trade-Offs

Switching it to "None". He is under-capped right now, but that will be the first thing he bumps back up with more PP.

Skills

Adding 1pp to bring his Skill Ranks up to 136. There was a bit of rank swapping taking place, as I realized I left out Escape Artist and Sleight of Hand (must haves for the ninja-ly inclined). As a point of interest, I've removed Razorwing's Language Skill. This is unorthodox, since he's been shown to speak a number of different languages, but I've decided to reflect his linguistic ability with his Beginner's Luck Feat.

Was This:

Skills : 132r = 33pp

Acrobatics 16 (+20)

Computers 16 (+20)

Disable Device 16 (+20)

Drive 8 (+12)

Gather Information 8 (+10)

Intimidate 8 (+10)

Investigate 8 (+12)

Knowledge (streetwise) 8 (+12)

Languages 4 (Arabic, Cantonese, English [native], Japanese, Russian)

Notice 8 (+10)

Profession (mercenary) 8 (+10)

Search 8 (+12)

Stealth 16 (+20)

Is Now This:

Skills : 136r = 34pp

Acrobatics 12 (+16)

Computers 8 (+12)

Craft (electronic) 8 (+12)

Disable Device 8 (+12)

Drive 8 (+12)

Escape Artist 8 (+12)

Intimidate 8 (+10)

Investigate 8 (+12)

Knowledge (technology) 8 (+12)

Notice 8 (+10)

Search 8 (+12)

Sleight of Hand 8 (+12)

Stealth 12 (+16)

Feats

Spending 5pp to add Equipment 2, Improved Grab, Move-By Action, and Well-Informed. This puts Razorwing 5pp over budget.

Equipment

Razorwing has 10ep to spend, but again, there was a bit of rank swapping. His armored jumpsuit Device has been stripped down to an equipment version. Removed some of the "freebies" from his utility belt, as I felt he was packing way too much stuff in a little belt. Lastly, both the Headquarters and the Razorcycle get a make-over.

Was This:

Headquarters

Size: Medium, Toughness: +15; Features: Communications, Computer, Concealed 2, Garage, Gym, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System 2, Workshop [18ep]

Razorcycle

STR 20, SPD 5, DEF 10, TOU +10, SIZE: Medium; Features: Alarm 2, Masterwork, Subtle [16ep]

Utility Belt

binoculars, caltrops, camera, commlink, digital audio recorder, flashlight, gasmask, handcuffs, masterwork electronic tool kit, masterwork first aid kit, masterwork forensics kit, masterwork lockpick set, multi-tool, PDA, rebreather [8ep]

Weapon Array [8ep]

-BE: Blast 1 (shuriken; Extras: Autofire; Power Feats: Alternate Power 3, Masterwork, Subtle) [5]

-AP: Obscure 2 (visual) (smoke pellets; Extras: Independent; Power Feats: Masterwork) [5]

-AP: Strike 1 (knife; Power Feats: Improved Critical, Masterwork, Mighty, Thrown) [5]

-AP: Strike 2 (nunchaku; Power Feats: Masterwork, Mighty, Twin Strike) [5]

Is Now This:

Armored Jumpsuit

Flight 2 (glider wings; Flaws: Gliding; Power Feats: Subtle; Drawbacks: Power Loss [if wings are immobilized, uncommon, minor]) [2ep]

Protection 3 (kevlar) [3ep]

Cowl

commlink (Power Feats: Subtle), flash goggles, nightvision goggles [3ep]

Headquarters

Size: Medium, Toughness: +15; Features: Communications, Computer, Concealed, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Gym, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power, Power System, Security System, Workshop [18ep]

Powers: Impervious Toughness 15 [15] and Datalink 6 (radio) (Power Feats: Rapid 2, Subtle) [9]

Razorcycle

STR 20, SPD 5, DEF 10, TOU +10, SIZE: Medium; Features: Alarm, Caltrops, Jumping Jacks, Masterwork, Navigation System, Nitro Injectors, Subtle, Tire Inflater [20ep]

Utility Belt

binoculars, commlink, flashlight, handcuffs, masterwork electronic tool kit, masterwork first aid kit, masterwork forensics kit, masterwork lockpick set, multi-tool, PDA, rebreather [6ep]

Weapon Array

-BE: Blast 1 (shuriken; Extras: Autofire; Power Feats: Alternate Power 3, Masterwork, Subtle) [8ep]

-AP: Obscure 2 (visual) (smoke pellets; Extras: Independent; Power Feats: Masterwork) [5]

-AP: Strike 1 (knife; Power Feats: Improved Critical, Masterwork, Mighty, Thrown) [5]

-AP: Strike 2 (nunchaku; Power Feats: Masterwork, Mighty, Twin Strike) [5]

Powers

Removed Device 2 (armored jumpsuit, hard to lose) to gain 8pp! That pays off the 5pp for Feats. Spending 3pp for another rank in his grapple gun.

Was This:

Device 1 (grapple gun, easy to lose) [3pp]

Snare 5 (Flaws: Limited [one target Snared at a time]; Power Feats: Accurate, Alternate Power, Improved Throw, Reversible, Tether; Drawbacks: Reduced Range 2, Vulnerable [slashing damage, very common, minor]) [5dp]

-AP: Speed 1 (Extras: Linked [+0]) [1] and Super-Movement 1 (swinging) (Extras: Linked [+0]) [2]

Is Now This:

Device 2 (grapple gun, easy to lose) [6pp]

Snare 10 (Flaws: Limited [one target Snared at a time]; Power Feats: Accurate, Alternate Power, Improved Throw, Reversible, Tether; Drawbacks: Reduced Range 2, Vulnerable [slashing damage, very common, minor]) [10dp]

-AP: Speed 1 (Extras: Linked [+0]) [1] and Super-Movement 1 (swinging) (Extras: Linked [+0]) [2]

[b][u]Characters Name[/u][/b]: Razorwing[floatr][img=http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr184/lerciferus/nightwing113-2-1-1-1-1.jpg][/floatr]

[b][u]Power Level[/u][/b]: 12 (175/175pp)

[b][u]Trade-Offs[/u][/b]: None

[b][u]Unspent PP[/u][/b]: 0

[b][u]Progress To Bronze[/u][/b]: 25/30

[b][u]In Brief[/u][/b]: A ninja-commando trained for urban warfare.

[b][u]Alternate Identity[/u][/b]: Kristian Elliot Gerber

[b][u]Identity[/u][/b]: Secret

[b][u]Birthplace[/u][/b]: Freedom City, New Jersey

[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: none

[b][u]Affiliations[/u][/b]: Interceptors (reserve member)

[b][u]Family[/u][/b]: James Gerber (father, deceased), Cynthia Schwartz-Gerber (mother, deceased)

[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 17 (born March 12, 1993)

[b][u]Gender[/u][/b]: Male

[b][u]Ethnicity[/u][/b]: Caucasian

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 5'9"

[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 160 lbs

[b][u]Eyes[/u][/b]: Blue

[b][u]Hair[/u][/b]: Black

[b][u]Description[/u][/b]: Kristian Gerber is in remarkable physical condition, his body honed by years of constant exercise, weightlifting, and acrobatics.  He has a number of scars across his body, silent reminders of his time spent as Ronin's apprentice.  His normal attire consists of BDU pants and combat boots accompanied by heavy metal t-shirts and a well-worn black military cap.  As a note of interest, Kristian and the dimensionally-displaced teen hero known as Elite share a strikingly similar appearance, so much so that a casual observer could mistake them for twin brothers.

[b][u]History[/u][/b]: Some time during the 1970's, two extremely gifted teenagers thought to take up the war on crime. This dynamic duo, Cardinal (James Gerber) and Blackbird (Cynthia Schwartz), battled against the seedy underbelly of New York City for years at the side of the dark avenger Raven, eventually falling in love with one another. When the Moore Act was passed in the 1980's, James chose to leave New York to help the few remaining heroes of Freedom City battle against the scum and villainy that plagued the once proud city while Cynthia stayed in New York to finish college. Dropping his happy-go-lucky demeanor and his flamboyant costume, James crafted a new identity for himself; one more suited to the social, economic, and anti-heroic theme of the day. Based upon a myth from the fabled lands of Shangri-La, the vigilante Razorwing cut a swathe of justice through Freedom City. As an on-again, off-again member of the group FORCE Ops, James Gerber found himself falling deeply into the darkest places of his soul and questioning the terrible things he was doing in the name of justice. Unable to handle the pressure anymore, James hung up his costume and returned to New York City a broken man. If it weren't for the love and support of his former friend and confidant Cynthia, now a criminal psychologist, he would have remained a husk of the man he once was. After renewing their friendship the two became romantic once more, married, and moved out to Freedom City when Mayor Moore was exposed for the crook he really was. Soon Cynthia Schwartz-Gerber was with child, and she gave birth to her son during the "Storm of the Century" in 1993.

When the city was attacked by an unknown alien force, James did not hesitate to don the guise of Razorwing one last time to aid his fellow heroes in pushing back the extra-dimensional legions at Omega's command, and he gave his life so that so many others may live. In the aftermath of the Terminus Invasion, Cynthia became very sick. After years of battling a rare form of leukemia, she succumbed to her illness when her son was nearly six years old. Kristian became a dark and brooding introvert, bouncing from foster home to foster home and prone to violent outbursts.

On the evening before his tenth birthday he was startled out of bed by a powerful hand gripping his mouth and a cold, emotionless voice whispering from the darkness of the room, [b]"I knew your old man, and his son deserves better than this."[/b] The next six and a half years of his life were filled with physical and mental conditioning, combat drills, obedience training, and survival tests all administered by a single figure clad in full body armor known to him only as "Ronin".

With his brutal yet thorough training nearly complete, Ronin gifted the young man with a suit of combat armor resembling his father's costume, a grapple gun, utility belt, a custom motorcycle, and an underground headquarters to aid him in his final test: infiltrate the Labyrinth and recover any data detailing the past of the mercenary group known as Nemesis. To this end, Ronin used his connections to have the boy placed in Ev Prep, the front for the nefarious training camp known as the Shadow Academy.

Shortly after his arrival Razorwing set forth to complete his mission under the cover of night. Finding an entrance to a high-tech laboratory deep beneath the grounds of Ev Prep, Razorwing successfully retrieved the data he was sent to obtain, though not without tripping an alarm. Narrowly avoiding an all-out confrontation with the students and faculty of the Shadow Academy, he delivered his package at the drop-off point, only to be ambushed by Ronin! The mercenary took the data disc and left the beaten and battered Razorwing with one final message before he departed: [b]"Sorry kid, no loose ends."[/b] Cast out by his former mentor, he was all alone in a world he hardly understood.

[b][u]Personality & Motivation[/u][/b]: Many would describe Kristian Gerber as a violent sociopath. His life before Ronin's tutelage was lacking in the qualities that led to the healthy psychological development of a child, and his intense training at the hands of a merciless gun-for-hire did nothing to amend that. He had always thought of himself as a weapon forged to do battle at the whims of the highest bidder, but now he feels he has a new purpose. Razorwing has decided to use his skills and fighting abilities to combat the injustices of the world that he himself had once committed.

[b][u]Powers & Tactics[/u][/b]: Razorwing is a skilled acrobat, detective, martial artist, and technical prodigy.  He uses his utility belt's array of weaponry and grapple gun to full advantage to even the playing field against his adversaries before going in close for the finish. His armored jumpsuit possesses a set of retractable glider wings that allow for aerial mobility and the mask houses a communication suite and night vision capabilities. The grapple gun is a prototype that was mothballed due to an unpractical cost and lack of demand, researched and developed by ASTRO Labs. His subterranean headquarters, a forgotten fallout shelter from the days of the Red Scare refitted to his personal taste and needs, is located a few miles southwest of the municipal landfill.

At the request of the Seven Shadows' Path ninja clan, whom Kristian studied under when Ronin taught him the secret arts of [i]ninjutsu[/i], he allowed himself to become host for a "spiritual egg" of the [i]Tachisukumu no Kageryu[/i], [i]Kamisorihane [/i](Shadow Dragon of Fear, Razorwing), after besting the mythological beast in spiritual combat. It is prophesied that a grand tournament will be held between champions of the [i]Kageryu [/i]and other pseudo-deities for control of Shangri-La, and only those born of the material world who share a mystical bond with one of these powerful beings may compete.

[b][u]Complications[/u][/b]:

[i]Enemies[/i]: Although Ronin is easily Razorwing's most powerful enemy, his rogue's gallery includes the Shadow Academy and a faction of the Seven Shadows' Path ninja clan that believe he is unworthy of the honor placed upon him.

[i]Reputation[/i]: Razorwing's tactics and philosophy on fighting are simple: put them down, hard and fast. This, coupled with his penchant for violence, has earned him a reputation as a vigilante.

[i]Secret[/i]: Although it isn't widely known, Razorwing was once the apprentice of one of the most feared assassins and mercenaries in the world, Ronin.

[i]Temper[/i]: Razorwing's temper often gets the better of him, causing him to lose control when provoked or humiliated.

[b][u]Abilities[/u][/b]: 6 + 8 + 6 + 8 + 4 + 4 = 36pp

Str: 16 (+3)

Dex: 18 (+4)

Con: 16 (+3)

Int: 18 (+4)

Wis: 14 (+2)

Cha: 14 (+2)

[b][u]Combat [/u][/b]: 20 + 20 = 40pp

Initiative: +12

Attack: +10, +11 (melee, shuriken, smoke pellets, thrown knife), +12 (grapple gun, knife, nunchaku)

Grapple: +14

Defense: +10, +12 Dodge Focus (+5 flat-footed)

Knockback: -5 (-3 flat-footed)

[b][u]Saves [/u][/b]: 7 + 6 + 6 = 19pp

Toughness: +10 (+6 flat-footed; +3 Con, +3 Armored Jumpsuit, +4 Defensive Roll)

Fortitude: +10 (+3 Con, +7)

Reflex: +10 (+4 Dex, +6)

Will: +8 (+2 Wis, +6)

[b][u]Skills [/u][/b]: 136r = 34pp

Acrobatics 12 (+16)

Computers 8 (+12)

Craft (electronic) 8 (+12)

Disable Device 8 (+12)

Drive 8 (+12)

Escape Artist 8 (+12)

Intimidate 8 (+10)

Investigate 8 (+12)

Knowledge (technology) 8 (+12)

Notice 8 (+10)

Search 8 (+12)

Sleight of Hand 8 (+12)

Stealth 12 (+16)

[b][u]Feats [/u][/b]: 40pp

Acrobatic Bluff

Attack Focus (melee)

Beginner's Luck

Defensive Roll 2

Dodge Focus 2

Elusive Target

Equipment 12

Evasion

Fascinate (Intimidate)

Fearless

Hide In Plain Sight

Improved Grab

Improved Initiative 2

Jack-of-All-Trades

Luck 

Move-By Action

Ninja Run

Precise Shot

Quick Draw

Sneak Attack 4

Takedown Attack

Uncanny Dodge (auditory)

Well-Informed 

[quote name="Equipment"]

[i][u]Armored Jumpsuit[/i][/u]

[b]Flight 2[/b] (glider wings; [i]Flaws[/i]: Gliding; [i]Power Feats[/i]: Subtle; [i]Drawbacks[/i]: Power Loss [if wings are immobilized, uncommon, minor]) [2ep]

[b]Protection 3[/b] (kevlar) [3ep]

[i][u]Cowl[/i][/u]

commlink ([i]Power Feats[/i]: Subtle), flash goggles, nightvision goggles [3ep]

[i][u]Headquarters[/u][/i]

[b]Size[/b]: Medium, [b]Toughness[/b]: +15; [b]Features[/b]: Communications, Computer, Concealed, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Gym, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power, Power System, Security System, Workshop [18ep]

[device][i][u]Powers[/i][/u]: [b]Impervious Toughness 15[/b] [15] and [b]Datalink 6[/b] (radio) ([i]Power Feats[/i]: Rapid 2, Subtle) [9][/device]

[i][u][url=http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr184/lerciferus/b-king-concept.jpg]Razorcycle[/url][/u][/i]

[b]STR [/b]20, [b]SPD [/b]5, [b]DEF [/b]10, [b]TOU [/b]+10, [b]SIZE[/b]: Medium; [b]Features[/b]: Alarm, Caltrops, Jumping Jacks, Masterwork, Navigation System, Nitro Injectors, Subtle, Tire Inflater [20ep]

[i][u][url=http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr184/lerciferus/utility_belt.jpg]Utility Belt[/url][/u][/i]

binoculars, commlink, flashlight, handcuffs, masterwork electronic tool kit, masterwork first aid kit, masterwork forensics kit, masterwork lockpick set, multi-tool, PDA, rebreather [6ep]

[i][u]Weapon Array[/u][/i]

-BE: [b]Blast 1[/b] (shuriken; [i]Extras[/i]: Autofire; [i]Power Feats[/i]: Alternate Power 3, Masterwork, Subtle) [8ep]

-AP: [b]Obscure 2[/b] (visual) (smoke pellets; [i]Extras[/i]: Independent; [i]Power Feats[/i]: Masterwork) [5]

-AP: [b]Strike 1[/b] (knife; [i]Power Feats[/i]: Improved Critical, Masterwork, Mighty, Thrown) [5]

-AP: [b]Strike 2[/b] (nunchaku; [i]Power Feats[/i]: Masterwork, Mighty, Twin Strike) [5][/quote]

[b][u]Powers[/u][/b]: 6 + 1 + 1 +1 = 9pp

[b]Device 2[/b] ([url=http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr184/lerciferus/grapplegun.jpg]grapple gun[/url], easy to lose) [6pp]

[device][b]Snare 10[/b] ([i]Flaws[/i]: Limited [one target Snared at a time]; [i]Power Feats[/i]: Accurate, Alternate Power, Improved Throw, Reversible, Tether; [i]Drawbacks[/i]: Reduced Range 2, Vulnerable [slashing damage, very common, minor]) [10dp]

-AP: [b]Speed 1[/b] ([i]Extras[/i]: Linked [+0]) [1] and [b]Super-Movement 1[/b] (swinging) ([i]Extras[/i]: Linked [+0]) [2][/device]

[b]Leaping 1[/b] (ninja training) [1pp]

[b]Quickness 1[/b] (ninja training) [1pp]

[b]Speed 1[/b] (ninja training) [1pp]

[b][u]Drawbacks[/u][/b]

Nightmares (very common, minor) [-3pp]

[b][u]DC Block:[/u][/b]

[code]ATTACK       RANGE     SAVE                      EFFECT

grapple gun  Ranged    DC20 Reflex          Entangled (Staged)

knife        Ranged    DC17 Toughness       Damage (Staged)

knife        Touch     DC19 Toughness       Damage (Staged)

nunchaku     Touch     DC20 Toughness       Damage (Staged

shuriken     Ranged    DC16 Toughness       Damage (Staged)

unarmed      Touch     DC18 Toughness       Damage (Staged)
Costs: Abilities (36) + Combat (40) + Saves (19) + Skills (34) + Feats (40) + Powers (9) - Drawbacks (3) = 175/175 pp

Doktor'd

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BD's pp total at the top of his sheet still hasn't been fixed.

It reads 199/214 with 15 unspent points. It SHOULD read 209/214 with 5 unspent points.

With those five points, I'd like to buy the following:

STATS

CHA +2 [2pp]

He's growing out of being a teenager now in more ways than one. He's almost 19 now, but more to the point, he's had to mature a lot in the last year with everything that's happened to him. I feel like his force of personality deserves a bump. Please update all his CHA based skills accordingly (perform, bluff, etc.)

SKILLS

Notice +4 [1pp]

FEATS

Dodge Focus +1 [1pp]

POWERS

Protection +1 [1pp]

I'm spending a total of 5pp, so he should have none left. He's finally hitting his PL 14 caps defensively, yay!

One problem. Going over the numbers, BD has currently spent 210 points, not 209. So making all those changes would put him 1pp over budget.

Colt has 7pp to spend!

STATS

Dex +2 [2pp]

(Please update all dex based skills, Initiative modifier, and Reflex save).

SKILLS [5pp] total

Acrobatics 4

Drive 4

Pilot 4

Search 5

Investigate 5

Stealth 2

thanks dudes!

Found another Error. In his Defense Line it says "Defense: +15 (+8 Defense, +7 Dodge Focus), +4 flat-footed" But by points, he's purchased 7 ranks of Defense, and 8 ranks of Dodge Focus. That would bring his Flat-footed Defense down to +3. Lemme know if you want to fanagle points around.

Found another Error. In his Defense Line it says "Defense: +15 (+8 Defense, +7 Dodge Focus), +4 flat-footed" But by points, he's purchased 7 ranks of Defense, and 8 ranks of Dodge Focus. That would bring his Flat-footed Defense down to +3. Lemme know if you want to fanagle points around.

Changing that to 8 and 6 would cost me a point, yes? Drop Search 1 Investigate 1 and Stealth 2 to make that switch. I'll buy those next month. Thanks.

Hokay. Cobalt Templar will be saving his points, so...

Edits for Gabriel.

Now, per the final line on his sheet, he's actually at 172/177, so only 5 points to spend.

-First, I'm going to purchase:

Attack Focus (Ranged) 2
This changes his Attack to:
Attack: +10/+12 ranged
-Next, I purchase another rank of Luck, so that it's now:
Luck 4
-Finally, my last 2 PP go into my Sonic Control Array, thus:
Sonic Control 12 (24PP Array; Feats: Alternate Power 10) [34PP] (Mutation, Sonic)

Base Power: Dazzle 12 (Audio Senses; Extras: Area [General, Burst, 55ft radius]) [24PP]

Alternate Power: Blast 12 [24/24PP] (Sonic)

Alternate Power: Communication 9 (Audio, 20,000 miles ["Anywhere On Earth"]; Extras: Area; Feats: Selective, Subtle) [20/22PP] (Ventriliquism)

Alternate Power: Confuse 12 (Feats: Reversible) [13/24PP]

Alternate Power: Drain Toughness 12 (Extras: Range [Ranged]) [24/24PP]

Alternate Power: Drain Toughness 12 (Extras: Range [Ranged], Affects Objects [Alternate Save: Reflex]; Flaws: Affects Objects Only) [24/24PP]

Alternate Power: Emotion Control 12 [24PP]

Alternate Power: Flight 11 (Rank 12; 50,000MPH / 500,000ft per Move Action) [22PP]

Alternate Power: Nauseate 12 [24PP]

Alternate Power: Paralyze 12 [24PP]

Alternate Power: Paralyze 12 (Extras: Range [Ranged]; Flaws: Action [Full]) [24PP]
DCs become:
    ATTACK              RANGE           SAVE                        EFFECT

Unarmed             Touch           DC16 Toughness (Staged)     Damage

Weighted Gloves     Touch           DC18 Toughness (Staged)     Damage

Blast               Ranged          DC27 Toughness (Staged)     Damage

Confuse             Ranged          DC22 Will                   Confused

Dazzle              Ranged/Area     DC22 Reflex                 1/2 Effect

DC22 Reflex                 Deafened

DC22 Fortitude              Deafened

Drain Toughness     Ranged          DC22 Fort or Ref           Toughness Drained

Emotion Control     Perception      DC22 Will (Staged)          Emotion Control

Nauseate            Touch           DC22 Fortitude (Staged)     Sickened/Nauseated/Helpless

Paralyze            Ranged          DC22 Will (Staged)          Slowed/Paralyzed

Paralyze            Touch           DC22 Will (Staged)          Slowed/Paralyzed
Also, the following changes:
Power Level: 12 (177/177PP)

Unspent PP: 0

Doktor'd

Geckoman

Ok, his Stealth is waaaaay too high: drop it by 5 ranks, for

Stealth 8 (+13/+15).

To keep the totals even, add 1 to Acrobatics for:

Acrobatics 9 (+14/+16, Skill Mastery)

[-1PP to Skills]

Now, Feat time!

+1 Luck, for Luck 2 [+1PP in Feats]

Takedown Attack [+1PP in Feats]

And +1 to Will save, for a total of +6 [+1PP in Saves]

Doktor'd

Valkyrie:

So it's official and stuff.

Descriptors? Divine. The Orb and her eyes glow. And she can see stuff.

Even a Ref as twisted as Geez3r ain't gonna defile the dead

So, wait... Did you do this or not? The purpose of this edit was to maintain continuity within the thread itself. It was a power she has already used at Doc's discretion. I simply put in the updates for completion sake.

(Looking to do a complete overhaul on Arcturus. The core of his powerset is virtually the same, but there's quite a few things in different places.)

Player Name: GranspearZX

Character Name: Marcus Anthony Irons

Power Level: 10 (153/153PP)

Trade-Offs: None

Unspent PP: 0

Progress to Bronze Status: 3/30

In Brief: A typical teenager with an atypical beast living inside him. Oh, and his parents are supervillains.

Alternate Identities: Arcturus

Identity: Secret

Birthplace: Chicago, IL

Affiliations: Claremont Academy

Family: Richard Irons (father, 43. Also known as the supervillain "Khimera";), Lyrica Irons (mother, 40, also known as the supervillainess "Runic"). Married for 20 years.

[floatr]sm-marcturus.jpg[/floatr]

Apparent Age: N/A

Ethnicity: African American

Height: 6' (8' 4" in bear form)

Weight: 225 lbs (550 lbs. in bear form)

Eyes: Brown (red in bear form)

Hair: Black

Description:In his normal form, Marcus seems like a normal kid. Tall and broad-shouldered, he's a bit on the heavy side, and looks like he was built for sports. His head is usually shaved bald, and his facial hair is trimmed into a nice, even goatee. Despite his size, Marcus is deceptively agile--he's no gymnast, but he's actually capable of more mobility than a tank. His brown eyes are often half-closed, and he always looks a little worn out--not that there's anything wrong with him. He simply looks disengaged from everything around him unless he's specifically focused on a person or a conversation... or even his studies. He has a notably brighter look about him when he's busy. Someone might actually catch him smiling on occasion.

In his 'beast' form, he's a lot more intimidating. Standing well over eight feet tall, Marcus--or Arcturus, as he prefers--is a particularly grim-looking beast of a man. Largely resembling a brown bear, Arcturus's fingertips ending in vicious claws. Covered in black fur, his most notable marking is the white, crescent-shaped patch across his upper chest.

Power Description: Marcus's abilities are purely magical; even his alternate form, while it is something he was born with, is a result of the runic symbol on the back of his right shoulder blade--as far as he's concerned, it's a birth mark, and he's largely ignorant to its true meaning. His form's magical nature is readily apparent, though, when he transforms; it creates a circle of magic around him before the shift begins. It doesn't take long, but it looks generally painful--one of many reasons why Marcus isn't yet completely comfortable with using his werebear form, and on occasion he even gets a little bit nauseated and confused from the sensory overload between his human and bear senses. His staff looks relatively new for being a large, oak, rune-etched weapon, and it seems to share transformative abilities with Marcus's bear form.

History: Marcus Irons lead somewhat of a sheltered life. Being an only child, he couldn't remember a time when he wasn't in the company of at least one of his parents, and he never wanted for anything. That certainly wasn't to say that he was spoiled; Richard Irons was a gruff disciplinarian, almost military in his imposition of order on his only son. While both parents often had to go away on business from time to time, he more often than not spent that time with his father. Richard taught him all sorts of things--fishing, hunting, and even how to fight when he started getting bullied at school. His mother was a lot less heavy handed; she wouldn't let Marcus get away with just anything, of course, but she gave him considerably more freedom. It gave him plenty of chance to wonder why his parents had so many books on occult subjects, but he rarely acted on the impulse to read any of them. He had enough problems with just algebra.

Marcus and his father had just come from celebrating his 15th birthday a few weeks early, watching a Blades game. He thought it would be an unforgettable night; the two of them stuck around the stadium and he managed to get Andre Leroux to sign his jersey. It was, in fact, a night he'd always remember, but not for the reasons that Marcus thought. They went home, and hours later he was awakened by the breaking of glass and a lot of yelling. Marcus arrived in the living room just in time to see a group of men tackle his father. Without thinking he rushed to try and help, leaping uselessly on one of their backs, only to get thrown off. The landing hurt, but something else in him snapped... Everyone was especially surprised when the 15 year-old boy came back at the SWAT-geared man, grabbing him by the collar with a clawed hand and slinging him across the room.

The next few moments were a blur. The room flooded with more people and he remembered something giving him a nasty shock. He remembered his father's voice, sounding uncharacteristically desperate, and then... nothing. He woke up several days later in the hospital, with a strange man in his room, introducing himself as Duncan Summers. That was when he learned the truth--his parents were wanted supervillains. At first, he didn't believe it. His parents, as far as he knew, hadn't even had so much as a speeding ticket. Sure, his dad was over six and a half feet tall and intimidating as all hell, but imagining his father as a monster? No way.

Seeing the evidence, however, was sobering. His father could transform, just as he had that night, only his form was... far less friendly on the eyes. He had a body count well into the triple digits, most before he was born. He wasn't sure he'd be able to cope with the reality that his father was even capable of the destruction of which he'd been accused.

His mother's involvement was considerably more obscure. As the sorceress Runic, she had managed to suppress his father's transformation through the use of her knowledge and research on magical artifacts and symbols, allowing them to lead normal lives. She was wanted for hiding him, among other things... and Marcus was almost certain that it contributed to her not showing up when his father was carted off to jail. He wasn't stupid--he realized that his father never fought back, and that he'd plead guilty, skipping a trial entirely. Marcus wasn't sure what to do next... Summers provided him with an option.

Personality & Motivation: Marcus is something of a loner--largely by circumstance rather than choice. The why, as far as he's concerned, is largely unimportant, and he doesn't go out of his way to be social. Nevertheless, he's notoriously big-hearted, and is unquestioningly loyal to those who manage to earn it. He's something of a pacifist at heart--contrary to the look and overall aggressive nature of the Beast Rune on his back.

His forays into magic have given him significant exposure and insight into Freedom City's magical community, and though he's still learning, he feels like far less of an outsider when his nose is in a book and he's applying the things he's learned.

Powers & Tactics: Marcus is surprisingly insightful for a big guy, and his father taught him to solve problems with intellect and reason rather than brute force. Then again, his father also taught him that a brawl is occasionally necessary, and while Marcus is a little too timid to go out hurting people on purpose, he'll end a conflict with brute force if he has to do so. After learning a little bit of his mother's magic through self study, he prefers that enemies keep their distance so that he doesn't have to transform and do some major damage.

Complications:

Inner Beast: The Beast Rune almost seems to have a mind of its own; it heightens Marcus's latent aggressive nature. While that doesn't translate into him rampaging all over the place, it severely limits his ability to use magic.

Phobia: Water gives Marcus all sorts of problems. He never learned to swim, and his father had the brilliant idea of tossing him into the ocean as a teaching method. As a result, anything larger than a bathtub full of water makes Marcus immensely nervous--even then, he prefers showers.

Secret: Marcus's parents? Supervillains. Khimera is a monster that could've come out of a horror movie, and Runic is an international criminal specializing in magic and forgery. Just the fact that his mother is still at large (and still committing crimes) is cause for major issues.

Temper: Insulting Marcus's father is an easy way to start a fight. As far as he's concerned, no one knows the man behind the monster better than he does (and his mother, as far as he's concerned, doesn't count).

Abilities: 0 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 0 = 10PP

Strength: 10 (+0) / 18 (+4)*

Dexterity: 12 (+1)

Constitution: 24 (+7) / 28 (+9)*

Intelligence: 12 (+1)

Wisdom: 12 (+1)

Charisma: 10 (+0)

*Bear Form

Combat: 16 + 16 = 32PP

Initiative: +5

Attack: +8 [+10 melee] / +7 [+9 melee]

Grapple: +10 (+18 in bear form)

Defense: +10 (+8 Base, +2 Dodge Focus), +3 flat-footed / +9 (+7 base, +2 Dodge Focus, -1 Size)

Knockback: -3 (-8 in bear form)

Saving Throws: 5 + 8 + 8 = 21PP

Toughness: +7 (+7 Con) / +9 (+9 Con)*

Fortitude: +12 (+7 Con, +5) / +14 (+9 Con, +5)*

Reflex: +9 (+1 Dex, +8)

Will: +9 (+1 Wis, +8)

*Bear Form

Skills: 84R = 21PP

Acrobatics 9 (+10)

Climb 5 (+5)

Craft [Artistic] 9 (+10)

Gather Information 10 (+10)

Intimidate 9 (+9, +11 in bear form)

Knowledge [Arcane Lore] 10 (+11)

Knowledge [History] 6 (+7)

Notice 5 (+6)

Search 5 (+6)

Sense Motive 8 (+9)

Stealth 4 (+5, +1 in bear form)

Survival 4 (+5)

Feats: 12PP

Artificer

Attack Focus [Melee] 2

Dodge Focus 2

Fearless

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Improved Initiative

Improved Pin

Ritualist

Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, Gather Information, Intimidate, Sense Motive)

Powers: 40 + 7 + 10 = 57PP

Alternate Form 8 [40 PP] (Source: Magical)

• Enhanced Feat 3 (Fearsome Presence 3 [15 feet, DC 13]) [3PP]
    Features 1 (Fur-covered hide [immunity to sunburn and cold]) [1 PP]
    Growth 4 (Large; +8 Str, +4 Con, -1 Attack/Defense, +4 Grapple, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidate) [12 PP]
    Leaping 1 (x2; 28/14/7 ft. running/standing/vertical) [1PP]
    Regeneration 10 (Recovery Bonus 1 [+10 total], Bruised 3 [no action], Injured 6 [no action]) [10 PP]
    Strike 5 (claws; PF: Mighty, Split Attack 1) [7PP]
    Super Senses 6: (Danger Sense (Olfactory), Acute Scent, Track 2, Darkvision) [6 PP]

Device 2 (Ursa Minor's Quarterstaff, easy to lose; PF: Restricted [Artificer feat]) [7PP]

Strike 5 (PF: Mighty, Extended Reach 2 [10 ft], Affects Insubstantial 2) [10PP]

Enhanced Constitution 10 [10PP]

ATTACK                  RANGE    SAVE                  EFFECT

Unarmed                 Touch    DC20 (vs TOU)         Damage

Strike 5 (staff)        Touch    DC20 (vs TOU)         Damage

Strike 5 (bear, claws)  Touch    DC24 (vs TOU)         Damage

Strike 5 (bear, staff)  Touch    DC24 (vs TOU)         Damage

Abilities (10) + Combat (32) + Saving Throws (21) + Skills (21) + Feats (12) + Powers (57) - Drawbacks (0) = 153/153 Power Points

Doktor'd

I really have no clue how I missed this when creating Blueshift:

Please apply the Drawback Normal Identity (Free Action) -3pp.

I'll spend those points right now.

Well-Informed [1pp]

Online Research [1pp]

Mental Quickness 2 [1pp]

Dok is impressed at someone able to think 1,000 times faster than he can!

Well, time to bring Nick Cimitiere up to caps again.

-2 points to raise Base Attack to +7; Attack string now reads "+7 Melee, +10 Ranged; +9 Ereshkigal's Talons, +12 Gifts of The Dead."

-2 points to raise Base Defense to +7; Defense string now reads "+12 (+7 Base, +5 Dodge Focus), +3 Flat-Footed."

-4 more points into the Device, so now it reads:

[b]Device 5[/b] (25PP, [i]Flaws[/i]: Hard-To-Lose) [20PP] (Nick's "Work" Jacket, bathed in the waters of the River Styx)

[b]Protection 12[/b] ([i]Extras[/i]: Impervious) [24PP]

Doktor'd

Just a quick correction to Blueshift's character sheet. Here's something I forgot to include in the original sheet: Initiative, Knockback, and Grapple

Her combat should read

Combat: 8+8=16pp

Attack: +4 Base (+10 Gauntlet)

Defense: +12 (4 Base, +4 Dodge Focus, +4 Shield)

Initiative: +5 (+5 Dex)

Grapple: +0 (+0 Str)

Knockback: -4; -2 FF; -2 sans Equipment; -0 FF and sans Equipment

Code for your convenience:

[b][u]Combat:[/u][/b] 8+8=16pp

Attack: +4 Base (+10 Gauntlet)

Defense: +12 (4 Base, +4 Dodge Focus, +4 Shield)

Initiative: +5 (+5 Dex)

Grapple: +0 (+0 Str)

Knockback: -4; -2 FF; -2 sans Equipment; -0 FF and sans Equipment

We're slipping, everything's slipping awaaaaaaay!

Ecalsneerg!

Fusion: 10 pp to spend

+2 Def [4 pp] (Her new total should read '+12 Def (+3 flat-footed)

+2 Will Save [2 pp] (Her new total is +9)

Super-Senses 2 (Detect Weakness [Visual]) [2 pp] (it's only 2 pp for Fusion because her visual senses are already Acute and Ranged)

+1 Luck [1 pp]

+1 Improved Initiative [1 pp] (for a total of Init +5)

Allons-y, Sneerg!

Well, I have three points left from my veterans rewards, so I think I'll update Etain's minion.

Two ranks of minion, that's 30pp to spend. I'll go ahead and pull Custos to player level 11.

Anyway, fourteen points into constitution, plus four points into defense.

That's eighteen points right there. Also, his fortitude isn't reflected by his Con.

Now for attack caps, lets add ten points of strengh. That leaves 2pp, though if I drop the 4r from stealth that's three pp. So I'll add four ranks to intimidate, and use the remaining two to pull his intelligence just to standard ten.

Next time, could you make the edit a lot clearer? - Ecalsneerg

Here's a list of the issues:

Putting 14pp into Constitution will bring him up to Con 48 (+17), which breaks caps even at full trade-off.

It is very unclear what you're adding, how much it's costing, and in fact, I had to look twice to realise you were updating a minion.

I think Jubatus needs a minor correction: His Initiative is listed as "+7/+23"... but he's got +7 from DEX, and another +24 from the Enhanced Feats (Improved Initiative) slot in his Timeshift container, which (unless I'm overlooking something or have otherwise messed up) means he ought to have "+7/+31". So assuming I've done it right, the Combat block on his character sheet should read thusly:

[b][u]Combat[/u][/b]: 12 + 20 = 32pp

Initiative: +7/+31

Attack: +6 ranged, +12 melee

Grapple: +16/+10

Defense: +10 (+10 Base), +5 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -5, -1 Flat-Footed

Ecalsneerg: what a guy!

I've been working on additional complications with Blueshift. I am making a massive edit to her complications (both role playing and mechanical). In the interest of playing a more interesting character I think it is time to explore what it's like to play a character that is overwhelmed by her own powers.

The following Complications are for Roleplaying purposes and will not likely cause Rachel to earn Hero Points.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - Rachel has Minor OCD which manifests itself as a compulsion to count things. When leaving or arriving at a destination, she must knock twice and only twice. When under stress she counts every step in binary while walking to a maximum of eight and then starts over again (1, 2, 4, 8). As her disorder worsens, she may develop other compulsions.

Medicated - Rachel's mind does not define the word, "disorder," but it is certainly a supportive argument. She has been diagnosed with several clinical mental disorders, and is being medicated for them. The medication allows her to go about her daily life normally without falling prey to her many compulsions and phobias. However, a missed dosage, or a particularly powerful panic attack may cause her to lapse into paralyzing fear from time to time. As the medication itself is quite successful at controlling her fragile state of mind, these cases are few and far between. However, extended usage of these medications may lead to further issues down the line.

The following complications are triggered at the GM's discretion and may earn Rachel a Hero Point.

Reconnoiter - (Already on character sheet. Move to this section).

Migraine - Rachel's brain processes information at an incredible rate. Sometimes, using her brain's full capacity causes her to have terrible headaches. She gains a Hero Point when using her Maximum Mental Quickness to take twenty on a skill check at an increased speed causes her to be stunned the following round due to having a brief migraine.

Agoraphobic - The fear of public places, open spaces, and having nowhere to hide. This complication mostly affects Rachel, who is powerless to escape such situations. Blueshift, however has devices that allow her to run quickly and become invisible. However, if these devices fail to function, as with her Reconnitoir Complication she may become stunned for a round due to her paralyzing agoraphobia.

I've been working on additional complications with Blueshift. I am making a massive edit to her complications (both role playing and mechanical). In the interest of playing a more interesting character I think it is time to explore what it's like to play a character that is overwhelmed by her own powers.

The following Complications are for Roleplaying purposes and will not likely cause Rachel to earn Hero Points.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - Rachel has Minor OCD which manifests itself as a compulsion to count things. When leaving or arriving at a destination, she must knock twice and only twice. When under stress she counts every step in binary while walking to a maximum of eight and then starts over again (1, 2, 4, 8). As her disorder worsens, she may develop other compulsions.

Medicated - Rachel's mind does not define the word, "disorder," but it is certainly a supportive argument. She has been diagnosed with several clinical mental disorders, and is being medicated for them. The medication allows her to go about her daily life normally without falling prey to her many compulsions and phobias. However, a missed dosage, or a particularly powerful panic attack may cause her to lapse into paralyzing fear from time to time. As the medication itself is quite successful at controlling her fragile state of mind, these cases are few and far between. However, extended usage of these medications may lead to further issues down the line.

Wouldn't being paralyzed by fear actually be HP-worthy?

Also, if it doesn't give HP, it's not really a Complication, and kind of wastes sheet space and makes it confusing for quick reading.

I think that yes, it would be. As evidenced by the latter complications. I was trying to supply the reason behind why she is paralyzed by fear. However, you may be correct.

Could you add the "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder" and "Medicated" Paragraphs to her "Personality and Motivation" paragraph instead of the Complications section?

While we're on the subject of cleaning up her Character sheet, can you add the following after Blushift's Mental Quickness? I'll code it out for you're convenience

Quickness Cheat Sheet

Can Take 20 on a Computer check to Write a Program (normally 1 hour) in 36 seconds/6 rounds.

Can Take 20 on a Knowledge check (normally 1 hour) in .36 seconds/Free Action.

Can Take 20 on a Notice check (normally 1 minute) in 0.006 seconds/Free Action.

Can Search a 2000-ft diameter area (normally 1.5 hours) in .5 seconds/Free Action.

Can Search a 10000-ft. diameter area (normally 8 hours) in 3 seconds/1 action. Can Take 20 on that same Search (normally 160 hours) and do it in 1 minute.

[b]Quickness Cheat Sheet[/b]

[spoiler]Can Take 20 on a Computer check to Write a Program (normally 1 hour) in 36 seconds/6 rounds.

Can Take 20 on a Knowledge check (normally 1 hour) in .36 seconds/Free Action.

Can Take 20 on a Notice check (normally 1 minute) in 0.006 seconds/Free Action.

Can Search a 2000-ft diameter area (normally 1.5 hours) in .5 seconds/Free Action.

Can Search a 10000-ft. diameter area (normally 8 hours) in 3 seconds/1 action. Can Take 20 on that same Search (normally 160 hours) and do it in 1 minute.[/spoiler]