Character Edits, v5

Midnight II

5PP to spend!

[2PP] - Raise Constitution to 16. Increases Fort to +5 and Toughness to +10, naturally.

[2PP] - Add two points to his Gadgets to make them:

[b]Gadgets 2[/b] [Utility Coat & Belt; 10pp Variable Power, Any Power, Multiple Powers At Once, [i]Extras:[/i] Action [Free], Duration [Continuous], [i]Flaws:[/i] Hard-To-Lose) [18pp]
Now, get rid of his Midnight Mask device, freeing up 4PP for a total of 5PP. [1PP] - Luck 1 [2PP] - Sensory Shield 2 (Vision) [1PP] - Super-Senses 1 (Infravision) [1PP] - Add a rank of Equipment, for a total of 25EP, arranged like so:
[quote name="Equipment"]3 + 1 + 3 + 4 + 14 = 25ep

[b][u]Escrima Sticks[/u]: Strike 2[/b] ([i]Power Feat:[/i] Mighty); [i]Cost:[/i] 3ep

[b][u]Gas Mask[/u]: Immunity 1[/b] (eye and lung irritants); [i]Cost:[/i] 1ep

[b][u]Grappling Hook[/u]: Super-Movement 1[/b] (Swinging), [b]Speed 1[/b] (10 MPH); [i]Cost:[/i] 3ep

[b][u]Midnight Costume[/u]: Protection 3[/b] ([i]Power Feat:[/i] Subtle); [i]Cost:[/i] 4ep

[b][u]Night Cycle[/u]: Speed 5[/b] (250 mph)

[list][u]Stats[/u]: [i]Size:[/i] Medium; [i]Strength:[/i] 15; [i]Defense:[/i] 10; [i]Toughness:[/i] 8; [i]Features:[/i] Disguise, Hidden Compartments, Nitro Injectors, Remote Control, Subtle; [i]Cost:[/i] 14ep[/list] [/quote]

Change his weight to "155 lbs" and his eye colour to "Black Sclera With Red Irises".

Done by AA

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaian Knight's edits, woo:

Typo fixes, updated for new format.

Putting his 2pp into his array, bumping it up to rank 16. Powers inside change as follows:

Create Object gains a rank, from 13 to 14.

The Area Blast gets Progression 1.

Burrowing gets another rank of Reverse Progression, allowing complete negation of the Area extra.

Obscure is getting replaced by the much more appropriate Environmental Control 6 (Extras: Distraction 2 [DC 10], Hamper Movement [Half], Selective, Visibility) [30/32pp] (sandstorm).

Move Object gains a rank, from 15 to 16.

Snare gets Obscure Senses 5 [All], as earthy goodness wraps around the sensory organs in question. Non-organ senses get blocked by [insert magic hand-waving here], or don't get blocked, at GM discretion.

All remaining powers stay the same.

[b][u]Character's Name:[/u][/b] Gaian Knight

[b][u]Power Level:[/u][/b] 10 (157/157)

[b][u]Trade-Offs:[/u][/b] -2 Defense / +2 Toughness

[b][u]Unspent PP:[/u][/b] 0

[b][u]Gold Status:[/u][/b] 7/30

[b][u]Alternate Identity:[/u][/b] Tarrant David McLeod

[b][u]Age:[/u][/b] 25 (DoB: October 1984)

[b][u]Gender:[/u][/b] male

[b][u]Height:[/u][/b] 6'

[b][u]Weight:[/u][/b] ~160lbs

[b][u]Eyes:[/u][/b] green (now flecked with gold)

[b][u]Hair:[/u][/b] brown

[b][u]In Brief:[/u][/b]

Young professor, given powers over the earth by unknown forces, just out to do some good in the world.

[b][u]Description:[/u][/b]

A tall man seeming to be in his early to mid twenties, Tarrant’s fit but not overly muscular: he looks more like someone who spends a lot of time outdoors than someone who hits the gym five days a week. Short brown hair tops a charming face with amused green, gold-flecked eyes. Left to his own devices he trends towards simple, durable clothing (jeans, t-shirt, unadorned jacket), but dresses up a bit more for teaching (button-up shirt, vest, tie, and slacks). No matter what he’s wearing, his footwear is practical – “death before dress shoesâ€.

His heroing gear seems serviceable but a little slapdash: black fingerless gloves, heavy brown boots, dark jeans, dark red cloth over his mouth and nose, and a long brown hooded coat. Only three items are truly notable: first, a dull metal platemail chestpiece under the coat keeping the torso well-protected, apparently designed with an eye towards flexibility; second, a pair of round goggles completely obscuring his eyes; and third, an antique-looking but well-cared-for sword which never leaves his side.

[b][u]History:[/u][/b]

Young grad student Tarrant McLeod lived a pretty ordinary life up until a friend of his – an archeology student – called him up to help with a gigantic, mysterious cave they’d unearthed near an old ruined city. Upon entering and touching a distinctly out-of-place pedestal of polished stone he was transported to an unknown, seemingly endless plane of earth where a floating vision of a woman in flowing robes spoke to him in broken sentences and half-formed images, part of some ancient recording or ceremony; she called him the Gaian Knight, charged him with protecting “the swordâ€, and implied the purpose of this place was to empower a defender for the surrounding city when it was at the height of its grandeur. 

When returned to the cavern he found he’d been linked into the earth: he could feel the stone around him, shape it, move it. He also found a sword and scabbard on the altar where there had been none, and (unconsciously compelled to take it with him) made his way back outside more confused than enlightened.

Since then he’s spent quite a bit of time learning to control his power, and taking advantage of his new abilities to complete his schooling in record time. Offered a teaching job at FCU, he finally feels like he’s in a place in life where he can apply what he’s learned…in more ways than one.

[b][u]Personality & Motivation:[/u][/b]

Strange sense of humor and (sometimes forced) cheer; Tarrant’s a decent guy at heart – he feels bad when he sees bad things happen, he wants to help when someone’s in need of help. He never paid much attention to superheroes growing up (something he regrets, now), but he has a new start and just wants to help people, even if he’s aware that may be naïve. Enjoys cheap magic tricks and carving/sculpting small art pieces in his spare time.

[b][u]Powers & Tactics:[/u][/b]

Tarrant is not a practiced fighter (he's pretty awful with that sword, too), and typically subsumes his combat nerves into banter and taunts to throw off his opponents. That aside, his ‘fighting style’ is more or less as follows: Priority one: stay well away from anyone who looks like they can throw a punch. Priority two: protect yourself from anyone who looks like they can throw anything else…like a bus. Priority three: find a way to take down the enemy with as little possible trouble – trap them, bind them, hit them with a rock. Ambushes are good, underground is better, where the rock is plentiful and tremorsense/nightvision give him an edge.

[b][u]Complications:[/u][/b]

[b]Honor:[/b] Chivalry. Respect and honor; he’s not an old-school knight, but even before the magic answering machine he was of the “won’t hurt a lady†sort, and though he’s not usually compelled to fight fair (since your average mook isn’t going to extend him the same courtesy) he can be easily convinced to listen to his opponent’s side of things…and to fight a fair battle against an enemy he knows (or thinks) is honorable.

[b]Responsibility:[/b] Professor. He tries to arrange his schedule (and the assigned homework!) as best he can, but he does have students to help and classes to teach.

[b]Secret:[/b] Identity.

[b][u]Stats:[/u][/b] 2+0+4+4+6+4 = 20pp

Str: 12 (+1)

Dex: 10 (+0)

Con: 14 (+2)

Int: 14 (+2)

Wis: 16 (+3)

Cha: 14 (+2)

[b][u]Combat:[/u][/b] 10+12 = 22pp

Initiative: +0

Attack: +5 Base, +9 Earthshaping

Grapple: +6

Defense: +8 (+6 Base, +2 Dodge Focus), +3 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -6

[b][u]Saves:[/u][/b] 8+7+4 = 19pp

Toughness: +12 (+2 Con, +6 Protection, +4 chestpiece)

Fortitude: +10 (+2 Con, +8)

Reflex: +7 (+0 Dex, +7)

Will: +7 (+3 Wis, +4)

[b][u]Skills:[/u][/b] 80r = 20pp

Bluff 9 (+11)

Climb 4 (+5)

Concentration 12 (+15)

Craft (Artistic) 8 (+10) 

Knowledge (Earth Sciences) 13 (+15)

Notice 12 (+15)

Profession (Professor, Earth Sciences) 5 (+8)

Sense Motive 7 (+10)

Sleight of Hand 10 (+10) 

[b][u]Feats:[/u][/b] 8pp

Distract (Bluff)

Dodge Focus 2

Equipment 2 (10ep)

Luck

Precise Shot

Taunt

[quote]Equipment wrote:

Goggles (Nightvision/Flash) [4ep] 

Customized Platemail Chestpiece [4ep] 

Masterwork Sculpting/Carving Tools [1ep]

Quality Rock Climbing Gear [1ep][/quote]

[b][u]Powers:[/u][/b] 1+6+41+2+3+6+7+2 = 68pp

[b]Burrowing 1 ([/b]1mph / 10ft per Move Action[b])[/b] [1pp] (earth, magic) 

[b]Device 1 ([/b]"The Sword", 5pp, [i]Feats:[/i] Indestructible, Restricted 2 [Current Knight], [i]Flaws:[/i] Easy-to-Lose 2[b])[/b] [6pp]

[i]An old- and ornate-looking masterwork sword.[/i]

[device][b]Strike 4 ([/b][i]Feats:[/i] Mighty[b])[/b] [5pp][/device]

[b]Earthshaping 16 ([/b]32pp Array, [i]Feats:[/i] Accurate 2, Alternate Power 7[b])[/b] [41pp] (earth, magic)
[list]
[u]BP:[/u] [b]Create Object 14 ([/b]350-foot cube, [i]Extras:[/i] Duration [Continuous], [i]Flaws:[/i] Action [Full], [i]Feats:[/i] Precise, Stationary, Progression 2 [25-foot cube per rank][b])[/b] [32/32pp]

[u]AP:[/u] [b]Damage 9 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Autofire, Range [Ranged], [i]Feats:[/i] Indirect 2, Variable Descriptor [piercing, bludgeoning][b])[/b] [30/32pp]

[u]AP:[/u] [b]Damage 9 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Area [General, Shapeable], Range [Ranged], [i]Feats:[/i] Indirect 2, Progression [2 cubes per rank], Variable Descriptor [piercing, bludgeoning][b])[/b] [31/32pp]

[u]AP:[/u] [b]Burrowing 10 ([/b]1000mph / 10,000ft per Move Action, [i]Extras:[/i] Area, [i]Feats:[/i] Subtle, Progression [Reverse Area] 10 [Personal to 50ft radius][b])[/b] [31/32pp]

[u]AP:[/u] [b]Environmental Control 6 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Distraction 2 [DC 10], Hamper Movement [Half], Selective, Visibility[b])[/b] [30/32pp] (sandstorm)

[u]AP:[/u] [b]Move Object 16 ([/b]Strength 80, [i]Extras:[/i] Range [Perception], [i]Flaws:[/i] Limited Material [Earth][b])[/b] [32/32pp]

[u]AP:[/u] [b]Snare 10 ([/b][i]Feats:[/i] Indirect 2, Obscure Senses 5 [All], Reversible[b])[/b] [28/32pp]

[u]AP:[/u] [b]Transform 7 ([/b]Earth into Earth, [i]Extras:[/i] Duration [Continuous], [i]Feats:[/i] Precise[b])[/b] [29/32pp][/list]

[b]Flight 2 ([/b]25mph / 250ft per Move Action, [i]Flaws:[/i] Platform[b])[/b] [2pp] (earth, magic)

[b]Immunity 3 ([/b]Aging, High-Pressure Environments, Suffocation [Underground][b])[/b] [3pp]

[b]Protection 6[/b] [6pp] (earth, magic)

[b]Super-Senses 7 ([/b]Detect Earth [mental]; Accurate 2, Acute, Analytical, Radius, Ranged[b])[/b] [7pp]

[b]Super-Senses 2 ([/b]Tremorsense [tactile], Ranged[b])[/b] [2pp]

[b][u]DC Block:[/u][/b]

[code]Unarmed                  16 DC/Toughness                        damage

Sword                    20 DC/Toughness                        damage

Autofire Blast           24-29 DC/Toughness                     damage

Area Blast               19 DC/Reflex, 19 or 24 DC/Toughness    damage

Snare                    20 DC/Reflex                           entangled, anchored
Costs: Abilities (20) + Combat (22) + Saves (19) + Skills (20) + Feats (8) + Powers (68) - Drawbacks (00) = 157pp

Ecalsneerg'd

Aaaaand Dragonfly's edits. One typo fixed, and updated to (hopefully) meet new sheet standards.

7pp to spend.

1pp to raise Quickness from 4 to 6.

2pp on feats: Online Research and Luck.

4pp into her device. Device's 5 new points spent as follows:

• Took her Blast from 6 to 7 to meet caps, folded it into an array, which now has an AP: Dimensional Pocket and Quick-Change. (3pp)
    Gave her a very short-range emergency teleport, having discovered recently that she could really, really use one (Raveled! :argh: ). (2pp)

[b][u]Characters Name:[/u][/b] Dragonfly

[b][u]Power Level:[/u][/b] 7 (113/113)

[b][u]Trade-Offs:[/u][/b] +1 Defense / -1 Toughness

[b][u]Unspent PP:[/u][/b] 0

[b][u]Gold Status:[/u][/b] 8/30

[b][u]Alternate Identity:[/u][/b] Mara Hallomen

[b][u]Age:[/u][/b] 18 (born December 1991)

[b][u]Gender:[/u][/b] female

[b][u]Height:[/u][/b] 5'4"

[b][u]Weight:[/u][/b] "I can build death rays, you know."

[b][u]Eyes:[/u][/b] dark blue

[b][u]Hair:[/u][/b] dirty blonde

[b][u]In Brief:[/u][/b]

Bitter young genius out to apply her mind on [i]her[/i] terms, and no one else’s.

[b][u]Description:[/u][/b]

On the short side, slim and modestly proportioned but not exactly muscular, Mara tends to take just enough care of herself to maintain her shape and stay alive, but not much else. She nearly always looks a little strung-out, hair disheveled and eyes tired, like she doesn’t sleep well (which she doesn’t) or spends long stretches distracted by some project or idea to the neglect of all else (which she does). Her clothing is simple, practical, and subdued in color (shades of gray and black being popular, dark reds, blues, and purples being runners-up). Very often what she’s wearing hasn’t been washed recently. Makeup is practically a foreign concept.

When out fighting crime her outfit is a little more clean and constant: slim black pants, a short grey jacket with a stylized black dragonfly on the back, and her devices - currently a pair of large, heavy-looking high-tech gauntlets, a high-tech flexible chestpiece and belt, and a large headset which covers both ears and has an opaque blue visor over her upper face. She prefers boots with a little bit of heel to them – they’re not very practical, but she’s self-conscious about her height (especially when confronting criminals or working with your standard 6’ bombshell heroine).

[b][u]History:[/u][/b]

In certain parts of the underworld you don’t buy or sell weapons without knowing the name Hallomen. Word is that for the right price he can get you anything: designer drugs like Max or Zoom, the very latest in illegal technology, and even, once in a rare while – if you can afford it – gadgets from caught supervillains that got ‘lost’ on their way to the incinerators or science labs. From the back alleys to high-class black market auctions, he supplies whole armies if the price is right and by luck, bribes, and exceptional planning he never seems to get caught; those who’ve dealt with him jokingly call him the “Hollow Man†(through rarely to his face) in honor of how the police raid into his storehouses and labs to find empty – ‘hollow’ – rooms. What customers only very rarely know is where most of the new and custom items came from. 

Hallomen is a cold and ruthless man but a man none the less, and around the turn of the 20th century had a short tryst with a villainess and frequent buyer. He was completely uninterested in the child she bore (what use did he have for a wailing, disgusting baby?) until several years later, when he got word that the child was displaying superhuman traits – signs of high intelligence (for a child of that age) and her mother’s ability to control computers by thought alone. Now and only now was the girl useful to him and when the mother died (something he calmly claims he had nothing to do with, of course) she fell into his care.

Little Mara Hallomen indeed was predicted to be brilliant when she grew older but that simply wouldn’t be enough (or soon enough) for the Hollow Man – no, anything good can be made better. He invested considerable resources into her ‘education’, and so it was that young Mara grew up all but alone in a barely-staffed lab, under a constant regimen of ‘vitamins’ and ‘medicine’, supplied with a never-ending stream of knowledge and information, her only human contact a rare visit from her father, a scant few researchers or guards, and the occasional empath or psychic paid to enhance her mind in ways science could not. Even this was cold comfort, however: anyone who set foot in the building was under strict orders not to talk to Mara unless absolutely necessary so she could concentrate on her real purpose: designing new and improved tools of crime. From death rays to personal teleporters to battlesuits, she made them all. Old-school and cutting-edge, energy to gravity to good old bullets, she designed a veritable panoply and Hallomen made money hand over fist. 

Kept docile, driven, and borderline insane as an intended side-effect of her constant  ‘health treatments’, the only thing her father could never have predicted was the net effect it was taking on her mind: redundant and parallel in some places, warped and enhanced in others, bit by bit her brain was growing resistant to outside influence. The older she got the more treatment she underwent and the more treatment she underwent the more resistant she became; the more resistant she became the more disquieting her life seemed. Finally, near her 18th birthday, she was resting in what passed for her private room when a lone dragonfly wandered its way through the barred window and caught her eye. To anyone else it wouldn’t even have been a remarkable specimen of a dragonfly, but to her the darting little bug was the most beautiful thing in the world: free. Then and there she made up her mind to be as free as the dragonfly was: to escape and feel the wind under her metaphorical wings.

Less than a month later, the guards came to wake her and found the room empty, the majority of her research and designs completely destroyed, and a very large sum vanished from her father’s own personal bank account. She’s managed to stay a step ahead of her father and his goons ever since, figuring Freedom City and its relatively high hero count to be the perfect place to hide out…and test some new designs on her own terms.

[b][u]Personality & Motivation:[/u][/b]

Mara’s more than a little bitter about not having had much of a childhood, and not amazingly socially skilled (which she typically deals with using snark and mistrust). When presented with a puzzle or new idea to build she’s energized and almost manic as her brain kicks into gear to solve the task at hand. She’s very intelligent and highly rational, but a combination of chronic bad sleep and frequent headaches (both side-effects of assorted substances that are even now still washing out of her system) can make her snide and irate.

Given her life so far, she has a fairly intense dislike of criminals. She’s softer at heart than she’d ever admit, having an especially strong drive to aid children, but by and large she’s more driven by the victimizers than their victims. It’s occurred to her that she could accomplish many of her goals by villainy (at the very least as the sort of villain who hunts other villains as often as they break the law), but believes heroism’s just more rational – being strictly on the hero side of things provides more advantages than disadvantages...not to mention helps her sleep a little easier, particularly if she gets her own creations off the streets.

[b][u]Powers & Tactics:[/u][/b] 

Mara dabbles in many areas of technology but most of her combat tech is based on spacial distortions, something she developed under her father’s thumb but didn’t work the kinks out of until she’d escaped. Her devices, her gauntlets especially, are built to warp and fold space to provide a number of effects. Her Datalink power she finds useful, but more for utility than combat; her mind's resistance to outside influence is something she tries to keep well-hidden as her ace in the hole against manipulation.

When given half a chance she plans her battles quickly and efficiently, well aware that she relies on her devices and that those devices have limits. Against an obviously inferior foe she might be careless, but against anything or anyone challenging she is methodical and deliberate, striking when she’ll have the upper hand and analyzing the situation for any advantage.

[b][u]Complications:[/u][/b]

[b]Enemy:[/b] The Hollow Man. When she left she dealt a huge (if sadly not completely crippling) blow to her father’s business, not to mention the very large sum of money she took with her. He wants her back, preferably in good condition, though the longer he has to pretend that the key to his most popular items has vanished the more and more flexible he gets as long as she’s alive and her head’s in one piece.

[b]Legacy:[/b] Against her best efforts, some of her creations are still being made here and there, and there are still quite a number of older designs floating around through the underworld. Anyone savvy enough, or connected enough, can link this (often quite lethal or empowering) technology to her.

[b]Hatred:[/b] People taking advantage of children, anyone using the things she thought up, and to a lesser extent organized crime or high-end weapons dealers.

[b][u]Stats:[/u][/b] 0+4+0+12+2+2 = 20pp

Str: 10 (+0)

Dex: 14 (+2)

Con: 10 (+0)

Int: 22 (+6)

Wis: 12 (+1)

Cha: 12 (+1)

[b][u]Combat:[/u][/b] 10+8 = 18pp

Initiative: +6

Attack: +5, +7 Gauntlets

Grapple: +5

Defense: +4 Base, +8 with Shield, +2 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -0 Base, -3 with Force Field

[b][u]Saves:[/u][/b] 4+4+6 = 14pp

Toughness: +0 Base, +6 with Force Field (+0 Con, +6 Force Field)

Fortitude: +4 (+0 Con, +4)

Reflex: +6 (+2 Dex, +4)

Will: +7 (+1 Wis, +6)

[b][u]Skills:[/u][/b] 64r = 16pp

Computers 9 (+15)

Concentration 4 (+5)

Craft (electronic) 9 (+15)

Craft (mechanical) 9 (+15)

Knowledge (physical sciences) 9 (+15)

Knowledge (technology) 9 (+15)

Language (Japanese)

Language (Russian)

Notice 4 (+5)

Perform (stringed instruments) 9 (+10)

[b][u]Feats:[/u][/b] 12pp

Ambidexterity

Benefit (wealth)

Eidetic Memory

Equipment 3 (15ep)

Fearless

Inventor

Luck

Master Plan

Online Research

Speed of Thought

[quote name="Equipment"]Multitool [1ep]

Masterwork Double Bass [1ep]

Masterwork Violin [1ep]

Warehouse HQ [12ep]

[device][i]An outwardly-unremarkable warehouse tucked away in Greenbank, no local gangs or criminals seem to want to talk about it. Funny, that....[/i]

Size/Medium

Toughness/10

Concealed

Computer

Defense System

Fire Prevention System

Garage

Laboratory

Living Space

Power System

Security System

Workshop[/device][/quote]

[b][u]Powers:[/u][/b] 2+22+6+3 = 33pp

[b]Datalink 2 ([/b]mental, 100ft[b])[/b] [2pp]

[b]Device 5 ([/b]Gauntlets, 25pp Device, [i]Feats:[/i] Accurate, Restricted [Datalink][b])[/b] [22pp]

[i]A pair of heavy, high-tech gauntlets capable of warping and folding space. They require the wearer to have Datalink to be used properly.[/i]

[device][b]Spacial Array 7 ([/b]14pp array, [i]Feats:[/i] Alternate Power 1[b])[/b] [15pp] (spacial)
[list]
[b]Damage 7 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Range [Ranged][b])[/b] [14/14]

[b]Dimensional Pocket 6 ([/b]10,000lbs, [i]Feats:[/i] Progression 1[b])[/b], [b]Enhanced Feat ([/b]Quick Change[b])[/b] [13+1 = 14/14][/list]

[b]Protection 6 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Force Field, [i]Flaws:[/i] Ablative, [i]Feats[/i]: Selective[b])[/b] [4pp] (spacial)

[b]Shield 4[/b] [4pp] (spacial)

[b]Teleport 1 ([/b]100ft[b])[/b] [2pp] (spacial)[/device]

[b]Immunity 10 ([/b]Mental Effects, [i]Flaws[/i]: Limited [Half], [i]Feats[/i]: Innate[b])[/b] [6pp]

[b]Quickness 6 ([/b]x100, [i]Flaws[/i]: One Type [Mental][b])[/b] [3pp]

[code]Unarmed                  15 DC/Toughness                        damage

Blast                    21 DC/Toughness                        damage

Pocket                   16 DC/Reflex                           trapped 

16 DC/Will, -1 per save failed         to escape (Dimensional Movement grants automatic escape)
Costs: Abilities (20) + Combat (18) + Saves (14) + Skills (16) + Feats (12) + Powers (33) - Drawbacks (0) = 113pp

I pretend that dragonflies in the night sky are like shooting stars...

Masterminds Manual Skill Challenges apply to one application of a skill, not the entire skill. I assumed you wanted Fast Task for the Feint application of Acrobatic Bluff, so that's what I listed. Let us know if that's not the case.

You also need to specify which sense type your Communication Link and Detect Weakness Super-Senses belong to: Visual, Audio, Olfactory, Tactile, Mental, or Radio.

The Communication Link is linked through audio. The Detect Weakness would be visual.

DONE BY SHAENTHEBRAIN

So, yeah, I just realized my character graduated from SCAD... and has no Knowledge (art). So, I'm going to spend 1 PP on 4 ranks of Knowledge (art), and also juggle 2 skill ranks from Disable Device into the same subset. So, the new spread will read:

Disable Device 6 (+8)

Knowledge (art) 6 (+8)

Ecalsneerg'd

12 points to spend

+2 defense [4pp]

drop Dodge Focus [-1pp]

Defensive Roll +4 [4pp]

Move-By Action [1pp]

Device +1 [4pp]

The device is rejigged too it now consists of

Magical Bracers: 35dp

Concealment 4 (all visual; Power Feats: Close Range, Selective) [10dp]

Array 11.5 (magical force; 23pp effects; Power Feat: Alternate Power 2) [25dp]

BE: Strike 6 (Extra: Linked/Paralyze 8; Power Feat: Mighty) [23]

AP: Blast 10 (Power Feats: Variable Descriptor 2, Precise) [23]

AP: Snare 10 (Power Feats: Chokehold, Precise, Tether) [23]

And now for the markup!

[b][u]Power Level[/u][/b]: 11 (164/164PP)

[b][u]Trade-Offs[/u][/b]: +1 Attack / -1 Damage, +1 Defense / -1 Toughness

[b][u]Unspent PP[/u][/b]: 0

[b][u]Gold Status[/u][/b]: 14/30

[b][u]In Brief[/u][/b]: Angel is a former thrillseeker looking to redeem herself in the eyes of her peers.

[b][u]Alternate Identities[/u][/b]: None

[b][u]Identity[/u][/b]: Public

[b][u]Birthplace[/u][/b]: Mexico

[b][u]Occupation[/u][/b]: Heiress

[b][u]Affiliations[/u][/b]: None

[b][u]Family[/u][/b]: Rosario Marks (mother), Dawson Marks (father), Carl Marks (uncle)

[b][u]Age[/u][/b]: 20 (D.O.B. August 1990)

[b][u]Apparent Age[/u][/b]: 20

[b][u]Gender[/u][/b]: Female

[b][u]Ethnicity[/u][/b]: Hispanic

[b][u]Height[/u][/b]: 5'4"

[b][u]Weight[/u][/b]: 130 lbs.

[b][u]Eyes[/u][/b]: dark violet

[b][u]Hair[/u][/b]: black

[b][u]Description[/u][/b]: Angel is a nice piece of work to look at. Her brown skin is not light or dark. Her figure is not dainty, but lean and athletic. She has curves in all of the right places. Her eyes are a striking dark violet. Her wavy black hair heaches her shoulders, but it is almost always pulled back. She carries herself very forward and boistrous. She speaks witha  such a voice too. Nothing about her is muted!

Her clothing is always loose and breathable. Most of the time she wears tank tops and either cargo pants or shorts. She has an extensive sneaker collection. Due to the incident, she doesn't wear a costume anymore.

The Aeroboard is a long piece of metal shaped into an aerodynamic surfboard look. The sides and bottom are decorated in runes written in Enochian of the names of various angels. The top side of it is graced with an etching of an angel.

The bracers are unadorned pliable black leather. They cover her hands all the way up to just under her elbows.

[b][u]History[/u][/b]: Dawson and Rosario Marks were simple importers/exporters. Their business was doing fine, almost a little too well. The Marks' were approached by serveral mob families of different nationalities at different times with offers. Offers that would make them very wealthy, but legally dubious. Weapons, drugs, and other sorts of illegal things. Some of the offers were intimidating, others were were more helpful. Either way, the Marks' gave into the demands for fear of their only child not growing up well. In return they are protected by several highly influential mob families. This lead to a boom in their business. So much so that they made a fortune. They were in way to deep to stop, and it wasn't like they were hurting anyone. The Marks' baby girl is oblivious to their ways. Mostly because she never saw them as she was growing up and they're too busy entertaining their overlords. Angel was mostly raised by her uncle Carl. He was a crazy old man who was always inventing weird things. Little did Angel know those crazy things would help her one day. Angel was always an active child. She loved climbing and swimming and dancing and acrobatics. The latter two skills lead her to take martial arts. Being so fluid and tying into her love of acrobatics and dancing, she latched on to Capoeira. She eventually gained the rank of aluno formado, which meant that she was good enough to take the next step and become a teacher, however she had little patience for such matters. The style didn't keep her sated for long. Eventually she was base jumping, riding rapids, racing, and everywhere in between. Though she could never do what she really wanted to do: fight crime like a superhero. She grew up idolizing them. The likes of Johnny Rocket and Hot Rod were her favorite. But she didn't have superspeed, she was just a normal girl. Heiress to an illicit fortune. Her kick into herohood finally happened when she was walking home one night. She was mugged. She fought off the mugger by herself. This was good for a rush! She doesn't know what happened to the mugger as she raced home to tell her uncle. Even though he thought she was crazy, he supported her before when he thought she was crazy and still supports her. He gave her a few things to help her along in her crimefighting career.

Angel thought things were going well, but apparently they were not. She was high on the chase. It was more a sport to her than anything, not justice. It all spiraled out of control on the night of the incident. Moira had "left her" and she got into heavy excess. The situation heightened when she refused help and went on a rampage! When she recalls the incident now, she has no idea why she did it. It was just a snapping point. After some rehab and some deep soul searching, she found a selfless reason to get back up on the superhero path again.

[b][u]Personality & Motivation[/u][/b]: Angel is very boistrous. She always is in high spirits. Her motivation used to be thrillseeking. While she does still like to have fun, the incident made her rethink her reasons a bit. Was she doing it for the right reasons? Did she really wanted to help people or herself? Her heart was in the right place and she only wanted to do what was right.

[b][u]Powers & Tactics[/u][/b]: She has no powers to speak of. She has a hoverboard and a pair of magical bracers that enhance how hard she hits (and make her invisible), but she uses her capoeira skills to enter the fray with gusto. She is a front line fighter. The devices and equipment just get her to the front line.

[b][u]Complications[/u][/b]

[b]Addiction[/b] (Though trying to curb her wild ways, Angel still has hot blood. Adrenaline is her drug.)

[b]Reputation[/b] (The little breakdown did not shine well on her. Even though she is trying to not let it happen again, the event is still fresh in some people's minds.)

[b]Fame[/b] (The camera is still on her, watching her every move, waiting for her to slip up.)

[b]Secret[/b] (The Marks's family fortune is ill-gotten gains! Angel does not know this.)

[b]Impatient[/b] (Everything moves too slow.)

[b][u]Abilities[/u][/b]: 8 + 8 + 8 + 0 + 0 + 10 = 34PP

Str 18 (+4)

Dex 18 (+4)

Con 18 (+4)

Int 10 (+0)

Wis 10 (+0)

Cha 20 (+5)

[b][u]Combat[/u][/b]: 24 + 24 = 48PP

Initiative: +8

Attack: +12

Grapple: +16

Defense: +12 (+12 Base, +0 Dodge Focus), +6 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -5 (-2 flat-footed)

[b][u]Saving Throws[/u][/b]: 4 + 4 + 4 = 12PP

Toughness: +10 (+4 Con, +6 defensive roll)

Fortitude: +8 (+4 Con, +4)

Reflex: +8 (+4 Dex, +4)

Will: +4 (+0 Wis, +4)

[b][u]Skills[/u][/b]: 44R = 11PP

Acrobatics 6 (+10)

Bluff 7 (+12, +20 with Attractive)

Climb 6 (+10)

Diplomacy 5 (+10, +18 with Attractive, +20 with Attractive and Wealth)

Drive 6 (+10)

Language 3 (English [Native], French, Italian, Spanish)

Perform (dance) 5 (+10)

Swim 6 (+10)

[b][u]Feats[/u][/b]: 31PP

Ambidexterity

Attractive 2

Benefit 4 (Fame, Wealthy 3)

Defensive Roll 6

Distract (Bluff)

Elusive Target

Endurance

Equipment 3 (Aeroboard [Size])

Evasion 2

Fearless

Improved Disarm

Improved Initiative

Instant Up

Move-By Action

Power Attack

Redirect

Seize Initiative

Taunt

Uncanny Dodge (visual)

[b][u]Powers[/u][/b]: 28 = 28PP

[b]Device 7[/b] (magical bracers, hard to lose)

[quote][b][u]Magical Bracers[/u][/b]: 35dp

[b]Concealment 4[/b] (all visual; [i]Power Feats[/i]: Close Range, Selective) [10dp]

[b]Array 11.5[/b] (magical force; 23pp effects; [i]Power Feat[/i]: Alternate Power 2) [25dp]

[u]BE[/u]: [b]Strike 6[/b] ([i]Extra[/i]: Linked/Paralyze 8; [i]Power Feat[/i]: Mighty) [23]

[u]AP[/u]: [b]Blast 10[/b] ([i]Power Feats[/i]: Variable Descriptor 2, Precise) [23]

[u]AP[/u]: [b]Snare 10[/b] ([i]Power Feats[/i]: Chokehold, Precise, Tether) [23][/quote]

[b][u]Drawbacks[/u][/b]: 0 + 0 + 0 = 0PP

[b][u]DC Block[/u][/b]

[code]

ATTACK       RANGE     SAVE                         EFFECT

Unarmed      Touch     DC 19 Toughness (Staged)     Damage

Strike       Touch     DC 25 Toughness (Staged)     Damage

Paralyze     Touch     DC 18 Fortitude (Staged)     Slowed or Paralyzed

Blast        Range     DC 25 Toughness (Staged)     Damage

Snare        Range     DC 20 Reflex    (Staged)     Entangled or Bound and Helpless
Abilities (34) + Combat (48) + Saving Throws (12) + Skills (11) + Feats (31) + Powers (28) - Drawbacks (0) = 164

Done by Sandman

Marked as such by Ecalsneerg as you're meant to to stop other Refs getting confused

Valkyrie

First off, she should be PL11.

Please move All out Attack, and Power Attack from her Enhanced Feats to her regular Feats. She's used them enough now that they should be part of her normal abilities.

Please Add:

Enhanced Feats 1 [1pp]

- Takedown Attack

Quickness 2 (Feats: 1 Alternate Power) [3pp]

AP: Speed 2 {2pp}

That is all, thank you.

I refuse to comment on eating something for the Speed intrinsic

Wander

1pp to skills:

2 ranks Performance: Dance

1 rank Sense Motive

1 rank Survival

Drop two ranks in Attack Focus (Melee)

Spend those pp plus two more on 2 ranks of Attack

1pp to buy 1 rank Protection

I'd also like to replace her entire complications block with the following:

Mistaken Identity: Erin has a double who lives in Seattle with her family. The double, Erin White Prime, has no powers and lives a normal life. Wander's designation is Erin White EZO1.

Post Traumatic Stress: Past trauma has resulted in PTSD for Erin that tends to express itself mostly in combat situations. Therapy has allowed her to overcome the worst of her instinctive reactions, but when her life or the life of a friend is threatened, or when she is very afraid, she may lose the ability to modulate her attacks or correctly read situations.

Loyalties: Wander is a member of Young Freedom. She has to be available when the team is called on and able to work with her teammates. She also must maintain a public image to comport with being a superhero, as much as anyone ever notices her. Her teammates are very important to her, and she would do just about anything for them. Trevor, though not technically a teammate, is also very important to her for different reasons.

Can't Pay the Rent: Erin has a couple of part time jobs, but she doesn't make much, and what she makes, she tends to squirrel away. She doesn't have a lot of clothes or possessions, and can't pay her way to do a lot of things her classmates wouldn't think twice about.

New Identity: Erin's new papers call her Keeley Erin White, and her history and records are sketchy at best. Until that gets fleshed out, she will have a hard time using it for anything without the powers that be at the school finessing it.

Overprotective: After one miserable failure to protect someone she cared about, Erin isn't about to let it happen again. She will step in front of a teammate or a civilian whenever possible, even if it would be objectively unwise or unnecessary. She may also underestimate peoples' abilities to take care of themselves, something that can cause friction when working with her peers.

Done by AA

The Scarab's edits:

I shuffled stuff around a bit. Bought up her Abilities and Skills, dropped her defenses to PL12, increased her offensive mental powers to PL14, made her telekinesis Perception-range and dropped it to effectively PL12, ditched Two-Way Communication in favor of the Communication + Mind Reading telepathy construct in the books, and reworked her array so that it is no longer dynamic. I also reworked the layout for the fluff.

For my Platinum Reward, I'd like to claim the 15PP worth of Equipment/Minions/Sidekick, and use 7PP of it to pay for The Scarab's Lair.

[floatr][img=http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/wiki/images/6/65/TheScarabElenaGuerrero.jpg][/floatr][b][u]Power Level:[/u][/b] 14 (210/210PP)

[b][u]Tradeoffs[/u]:[/b] None

[b][u]Unspent Power Points[/u]:[/b] 0

[b][u]Diamond Status[/u]:[/b] 60/90

[b][u]Character Name[/u]:[/b] The Scarab

[b][u]Alternate Identities[/u]:[/b] Elena Guerrero (Current Incarnation), Alexander Rhodes (Previous Incarnation), Prince Heru-Ra of Egypt (Original Incarnation)

[b][u]Identity[/u]:[/b] Secret

[b][u]Birthplace[/u]:[/b] Santa Lucia, California, USA

[b][u]Occupation[/u]:[/b] Freelance Legal Consultant, Philanthropist

[b][u]Affiliations[/u]:[/b] Freedom City Historical Museum (Donor), [i]Freedom City Ledger[/i] (Lifetime Subscriber), Freedom City Public Libraries (Donor), Freedom City University (Alumnus), Law Office of Nelson & Bannerly (Independent Consultant), Rhodes Foundation (Shareholder)

[b][u]Family[/u]:[/b] Josefina Vasquez de Guerrero (Mother, Deceased), Eduardo Guerrero (Father, Deceased)

[b][u]Description[/u]:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b] 30 (D.O.B. 1979)

[b]Ethnicity:[/b] Latina

[b]Height:[/b] 5'8"

[b]Weight:[/b] 130 lbs.

[b]Hair:[/b] Black

[b]Eyes:[/b] Brown

Unlike the bright scarlet and yellow tights worn by her "predecessor," the "new" Scarab's costume consists of menacing armor plates overlapping in subdued shades of crimson and gold. The massive cape extending from under her shoulder guards never ceases flowing and billowing dramatically behind her, subtly guided by her telekinesis and her flair for the dramatic. Careful observers will quickly realize that, even when she chooses to walk rather than hover, her feet never quite touch the ground, only adding to the alternately unsettling and awe-inspiring mystique she cultivates.

[floatl][img=http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/wiki/images/8/89/MichelleRodriguezAsElenaGuerrero01.jpg][/floatl]Out of costume, Elena Guerrero blends in with millions of other upwardly-mobile female professionals employed in the fields of law or big business. She tends toward tailored skirtsuits, sweaterdresses, sundresses, and other outfits which could be described as "feminine and elegant, but unremarkably so." She tends to wear a lot of red and gold combinations, so as to be color-coded for the convenience of the imaginary readers of the FCPBP comic books. When it comes to clothing, she believes in paying for quality, but almost never to the point of extravagance (on the rare occasion where she does indulge, it is not for her own benefit). She isn't a very athletic person, focused far more on the cerebral than the physical, and her body suffers for it. She's fortunate enough to have been born with genes which make weight difficult to keep on rather than off, but what flesh she does carry lacks any real muscle tone. Her physique is petite, but doughy. Her facial features aren't actively unpleasant to gaze upon, but neither are they anything exceptional.

[b][u]History[/u]:[/b]

[b]Heru-Ra[/b]

In approximately 3,000 B.C.E., Heru-Ra was the crown prince of the Egyptian Empire. He lacked interest in politics or economics, neglecting matters of the physical world in favor of the philosophical and theological. Through a unique combination of meditation, contemplation, self-denial, physical exertion, and sheer talent, he managed to achieve a measure of Enlightenment, thousands of years before the bodhisattvas and messiahs who would follow him. Heru-Ra awakened the part of his soul the Egyptians called the ka, gaining great power to exert his will upon the world around him.

Heru-Ra's closest friend was the sorcerer-priest Tan-Aktor. The two young men fought together often, defending Egypt from the supernatural threats of the ancient world. In their greatest victory, they prevented the evil sorcerer Ka-Khemet from using the stolen Milk of The Sun to help the minor god Sobek usurp control of the Egyptian pantheon. Ka-Khemet and his minions had sought to transfer their essences into the eggs of the crocodile god, emerging as immortal hybrid monsters. But the combined might of Heru-Ra and Tan-Aktor defeated the sorcerers, and trapped them within the eggs for all eternity.

Unfortunately, Tan-Aktor's lust for power soon overshadowed his loyalties to his friend and his pharoah. Along with his treacherous lieutenant Khar-Hotep, he tried to murder the royal family and seize the throne. His coup-d'etat failed, and both he and his former comrade died striking each other a death blow. When the two men stood before the gods for judgement, Heru-Ra demanded that no other but he be allowed to punish Tan-Aktor. Simultaneously impressed with his courage and insulted by his arrogance, the gods chose to punish Heru-Ra in the manner gods have always preferred above all - they gave him exactly what he asked for.

Heru-Ra and Tan-Aktor were both doomed to unending reincarnation, constantly dying and being reborn like a pair of scarab beetles from the dung. They would chase each other around the wheel of life and death, locked in eternal battle. In every new life, Heru-Ra fought to protect the innocent and uphold justice, while Tan-Aktor sunk deeper into brutality and depravity in his twofold quest to accumulate personal power and rid himself of his eternal foe. 

[floatr][img=http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/wiki/images/8/80/TheScarabAlexanderRhodes.jpg][/floatr][b]Alexander Rhodes[/b]

Alexander Rhodes was a wealthy financier and philanthropist, the C.E.O. of the Rhodes Foundation, the financial powerhouse his family had built. Rhodes had always been fascinated with Ancient Egypt, collecting every relic he could get his hands on. It wasn't until 1961 that he understood why. Like many before and since, Rhodes underwent hyponotic regression on a lark in 1961. Although meant "for entertainment purposes only," the attempt to remind Rhodes of past lives was a resounding success, revealing to him his true nature as the reincarnation of Prince Heru-Ra. The recovery of all the memories he'd accumulated in previous lifetimes reawakened his ka, empowering him once again. He decided to use his powers to fight Evil, putting on a mask and cape to help usher in the resurgence of costumed superheroes as The Scarab.

The Scarab was the second-in-command of the original Freedom League, and aside from The Centurion, the longest-running member. His psychic powers and diplomatic nature helped him fulfill the role of "peacemaker" on the team, settling conflicts and encouraging and facilitating teamwork. He was a mentor, comrade, and friend to most of his teammates during his nearly 20 years of service.

Although Rhodes never met the Nazi sorcerer Wilhelm Kantor personally, he clashed frequently with agents and pawns directed by the reincarnation of his eternal nemesis. Kantor, now calling himself "OverShadow," immediately recognized The Scarab's iconography as the heraldry of Heru-Ra, and over the next two decades, he wasted countless hours and resources in single-minded attempts to destroy his old foe. But time and time again, The Scarab foiled his attempts at world conquest.

In 1979, seeking to rid himself of his eternal foe, OverShadow recovered Sobek's eggs and removed his curse, allowing them to hatch and unleashing the Scions of Sobek upon the world. He manipulated the crocodile-headed sorcerers into hunting down Heru-Ra. The Scions clashed with the Freedom League at the newly-christened Pyramid Plaza, with all but The Scarab falling prey to their mind control. The Scarab managed to break their hold over the League with the aid of the rookie psionic hero Brainstorm, but the effort cost both of them their lives.

As far as the public knew, Alexander Rhodes suffered a fatal brain aneurysm (which was technically true). At his request, his comrades on the Freedom League interred his corpse in a secret chamber inside The Scarab's Lair, the underground base Rhodes had constructed beneath Pyramid Plaza. In accordance with his departed friend's wishes and contingency plans, Daedalus created cloned bodies which were interred at Rhodes' public grave and a fake burial chamber in The Lair, as decoys. Brainstorm was posthumously inducted into the Freedom League, and iconography depicting both him and The Scarab can be found on Heroes Knoll and all around Pyramid Plaza. In accordance with Rhodes' last will & testament, controlling interest in the Rhodes Foundation passed to his trusted assistant, Maria Hernandez. She also inherited the secret responsibility for taking care of The Scarab's Lair, the underground base Rhodes had constructed beneath Pyramid Plaza. As Maria aged, she passed this sacred trust to her daughter, Sofia Cruz, who also eventually took her mother's place at the head of the Rhodes Foundation.

As he'd promised, Adrian Eldritch cast a spell immediately after The Scarab's death, obscuring any attempt by Kantor to locate his next incarnation. Unfortunately, this spell made it impossible for any of The Scarab's fellow heroes to locate her either, so she was left to her own devices. Although she was conceived at the moment of Rhodes' death, it would be nearly 30 years before the next incarnation of Heru-Ra became fully aware of her own destiny. 

[floatl][img=http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/wiki/images/8/85/TheScarabDCAUStyle.jpg][/floatl][b]Elena Guerrero[/b]

Elena Guerrero's parents were illegal Mexican immigrants, who made it over the border just in time for her to be born in Southern California, becoming an American citizen by default. Eventually, her family made their home in Santa Lucia, a small town with a large (and poor) Latino population. Her upbringing couldn't help but be "multicultural."

Some children are born with a silver spoon in their mouths. Elena's parents would say that instead she was born with a sword in one hand and a shield in the other. As a child, her play consisted of fantastic games of make-believe featuring brave warrior-princes clashing with evil sorcerers on ancient battlefields. As childhood gave way to adolescence, childish games stood aside to make room for Noble Causes. Elena was never without a cause to champion, though the exact nature of that cause seemed to change with amusing regularity. Still, it was courage, conviction, and an unhealthy sense of adventure that had driven her parents across the border in the first place, and they had no intention of squashing these same qualities in their own daughter. So they indulged her as much as they were able.

An above-average student, Elena managed to win a scholarship to Freedom City University, where she earned both her undergraduate degree and her Juris Doctorate. As a lawyer, she planned to fight injustice and oppression, to fight for those who couldn't fight for themselves. During her tenure at FCU, Elena was amazed how Freedom City felt more like "home" to her than any place she had ever visited. Sometimes, she would spend hours just standing on the observation deck of Pyramid Plaza, daydreaming about flying across the skyline.

Unfortunately, her graduation from FCU Law School was a bittersweet occasion, as both her parents had succumbed to cancer mere days before the ceremony. And these were not isolated incidents. Many people were dying premature, cancer-ridden deaths in Santa Lucia, as a direct result of illegal toxic waste dumping by Locusta Pharmaceuticals, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Grant Conglomerates. But it was the poor Latino residents who were dying, while the White upper-class (a minority in population but a majority in power and resources) looked the other way.

[floatr][img=http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/wiki/images/0/03/MichelleRodriguezAsElenaGuerrero02.jpg][/floatr]The townspeople finally organized and put together a class-action suit against Locusta, but they couldn't find a lawyer to try the case who they could afford. That is, until Elena, fresh out of law school, volunteered to try the case pro-bono. Despite her lack of experience, the townsfolk were enthusiastic. To them, she was "one of us," a local-kid-done-good. Besides, they had accumulated a mountain of evidence and a list of witnesses a mile long. It was an open-&-shut case.

Which is why everyone was so surprised when they lost. They underestimated Locusta's influence as much as they overestimated Locusta's ethics. Witnesses either disappeared or recanted their testimony. Evidence was lost or destroyed. New evidence "appeared" or was manufactured. The jury didn't even bother to deliberate before handing in a verdict in favor of Locusta. 

The *crack* of the judge's gavel coming down echoed like a thunderclap in Elena's head, setting off explosions behind her eyes. Suddenly, everything became clear to her. Her mind started randomly reaching out into the thoughts of others. She saw past events as if they were happening in the present. She saw the bribes, the threats, the lies. She staggered out of the courtroom, overwhelmed and demoralized. It was her first and last case.

Her defeat utterly disillusioned Elena regarding the entire legal system. She decided that, if the system was being so easily and thoroughly subverted by Evil, then she needed to restore the balance. Elena spent the next few years learning to control and expand her powers, and learning how to profit from them. Precognition helped her make a substantial profit on the stock market (and one state lottery). Telepathy paved the way for a new career as an "independent legal consultant." She helped select juries, verify witness testimony, and stay one step ahead of the opposing legal teams. None of her clients knew about her superhuman abilities; they thought she was "just that good." Most law firms paid top dollar for her services, though she was known to aid certain sincere "underdog" causes for free.

The money started piling up, almost faster than she could spend it. She began donating it to charity, starting with several anonymous donations to both the private citizens and public institutions of Santa Lucia. But in all those years, no matter how many cases she helped win or how much money she gave away, her sleep was plagued with nightmares. She couldn't rid herself of the nagging feeling in the back of her mind that it wasn't enough. That she had to do more.

Three years to the day of her crushing defeat in that first courtroom, Elena found herself back in Freedom City. The closer she got to Downtown, the clearer the visions became. By the time she reached Pyramid Plaza, she remembered the location of the secret entrance to The Lair. She realized that she wasn't merely daydreaming about flying across the skyline. She was actually reaching out with her mind, extending her senses beyond her physical body. Once inside The Lair, once inside her Lair, everything finally made sense. She remembered everything.

Minutes later, Sofia Cruz crept down into The Lair, shotgun in hand, responding the to the alarms reporting a security breach. She was skeptical of Elena at first, but Elena passed every test. She identified the fake tomb for what it was, and identified the true resting place of Alexander Rhodes. She was able to tell Sofia things, things about herself, about her mother, about Rhodes, that no one else would know, that no one else could know. Eventually, Sofia was convinced, and pledged her renewed support. Soon, all the pieces were in place. At long last, almost thirty years since his death, The Scarab was reborn, and ready to make up for lost time.

[b][u]Personality & Motivation[/u]:[/b]

In and out of costume, Elena carries herself with an air of nobility. She radiates the calm confidence of someone who really has "seen it all;" very little surprises her anymore. Some people mistake her demeanor for repression at first, but in her interacts it quickly becomes clear that she isn't pent up, merely serene. She is incredibly empathic, always looking for the best in people even when they can't see it themselves, always looking for ways to settle conflicts peacefully and turn yesterday's enemies into today's allies. The fact that she hasn't already tried to just take over the world and turn everyone into her puppets, after dealing with Humanity for 5,000 years, is a testament to an almost saintly capacity for restraint and understanding.

However, that "air of nobility" cuts both ways. She expects her words to carry weight, for others to defer to her experience, and so she has very little patience for being questioned or second-guessed, especially on the battlefield. And although her patience is legendary, once a foe (or even a comrade) has reached its limits, she swings completely to the other end of the spectrum with alarming alacrity. There is no gradual progression between "understanding counselor" and "ruthless warrior" with The Scarab, but a switch (albiet a weighty one, difficult to flip).

Between remembering 5,000 years worth of accumulated life experience and being the most powerful telepath in the history of the world, The Scarab tends to be uncomfortably (and unconsciously) blunt in social interaction. She usually stops short of insulting people or hurting their feelings, but she also speaks frankly about taboo subjects and gives voice to matters others leave unspoken. She knows too much about how the human mind works to avoid some measure of manipulation in her interactions, but she rarely has the patience for employing or indulging outright deception.

When it comes to matters of the heart and the flesh, Heru-Ra has always been open-minded, in any incarnation. After accumulating so much experience on both sides of the gender barrier, watching the fickle standards of beauty change from one culture and generation to the next, while peering into the very minds and souls of so many people, she no longer places much importance upon the particular body those souls come wrapped in. In short, she's bisexual, and at one point or another, she's probably tried everything, in all possible combinations, from all possible points of view.

When Elena puts on the mask of The Scarab, she changes her persona noticeably to match. Her speech pattern and word choice leans far toward the formal and the dramatic. Like most heroes from the Silver Age, she is prone to grand gestures, long-winded moralizing, and downright hammy speeches. She does not "speak." She proclaims.

Ultimately, the soul of Heru-Ra is a hero in any incarnation. An unbreakable spirit, courageous, generous, and unflinchingly self-sacrificing, often to a fault.

[b][u]Powers & Abilities[/u]:[/b]

The Scarab is the archetypal "Psionic" superhero. She is a master of the art of exerting her will upon the world around her, both physical objects and the thoughts and minds of others. This allows her to move objects (including herself) as if she had the strength of thousands, without touching them, at amazing speeds (potentially turning any object into a "bullet"). She can project her thoughts into the minds of others (overwhelming them to the point of pain or even injury if she chooses), and read their thoughts as well. She can even seize direct control of other minds entirely, directing their actions like a puppeteer, or erasing and rewriting their memories as she chooses. Her senses are not bound by her physical body, or even time or space. She can push her sight out past her eyes, scanning her surroundings with incredible speed and experiencing faraway events as if she were present, or she can dredge up the psychic echoes left in places and objects, viewing past events which occurred around them. With effort, she can even extend her perceptions into the future. Such prophetic visions often come to her without any active effort on her part, especially in her dreams.

[hr][/hr]

[b][u]Complications[/u]:[/b]

[b]Dating Catwoman:[/b] The Scarab's previous incarnation had a "complicated" relationship with the supervillain Bombshell. Thanks to The Scarab's reincarnation and Bombshell's immortality, they have rekindled that relationship.

[b]Enemy:[/b] Tan-Aktor is, to say the least, not pleased to learn that his nemesis has returned.

[b]Justice:[/b] Heru-Ra isn't any significantly more difficult to manipulate than he ever was. Elena's in-born sense of justice and nobility are like conveniently-placed handles bolted to her back for easy steering.

[b]Keep Your Enemies Closer:[/b] The offices of Johnathan Grant (Grant Conglomerates) and Hieronymus King (Majestic Industries) are a stone's throw away from both Elena's apartment in Pyramid Plaza, and her secret headquarters beneath it. Constantine Urallos rents office space for Delphic Industries [i]and[/i] one of the penthouse apartments. Which he sometimes uses [i]to host meetings with the inner circle of The Labyrinth[/i]. Elena is, of course, totally ignorant of all this.

[b]Legacy:[/b] Heru-Ra has been walking the Earth for a very long time, making friends and enemies, accumulating and collecting debts, and generally building a past full of elements which could come back to bite her in the ass at any moment.

[b]Peeps:[/b] If Sofia Cruz, Maria Hernandez, or their families or friends are ever in danger, Elena will feel personally responsible for rescuing them. If any villains ever discover the link between them and The Scarab, exploiting that information will be the worst mistake they ever make.

[b]Pretender To The Throne:[/b] Some people doubt the legitimacy of Elena's claim to the legacy of The Scarab.

[b]Prejudice:[/b] Elena is female, Hispanic, openly bisexual, and "New Money" (or "[i]Nouveau Riche[/i]," as they are called only by the [i]super[/i]-pretentious). There's a whole [i]salad bar[/i] of differences for bigots to disapprove of here.

[b]Reputation:[/b] The Scarab's romantic relationship with the supervillain Bombshell (or at least, accusations thereof) is now a matter of public record. Opinions differ, to say the least.

[b]Secret:[/b] Identity. If any of The Scarab's enemies ever learn who she is, the other residents of Pyramid Plaza will probably see their property values plummet and their insurance premiums skyrocket.

[b][u]Abilities[/u]:[/b] (-2) + 0 + 0 + 12 + 12 + 8 = 30PP

Strength: 08 (-1)

Dexterity: 10 (+0)

Constitution: 10 (+0)

Intelligence: 22 (+6)

Wisdom: 22 (+6)

Charisma: 18 (+4)

[b][u]Combat[/u]:[/b] 8 + 8 = 16PP

Attack: +4, +12 Telekinesis

Grapple: +3, +24 Telekinesis

Defense: +12/+4 (+4 Base, +8/+0 Shield), +2 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -0, -6 Force Field

[b][u]Saving Throws[/u]:[/b] 5 + 5 + 13 = 23PP

Toughness: +0, +12 Force Field

Fortitude: +5 (+0 Con, +5)

Reflex: +5 (+0 Dex, +5)

Will: +19 (+6 Wis, +13)

[b][u]Skills[/u]:[/b] 72R = 18PP

Concentrate 8 (+14)

Diplomacy 6 (+10)

Language 1 (English [Native], Spanish)

Notice 19 (+25)

Search 19 (+25)

Sense Motive 19 (+25)

[b][u]Feats[/u]:[/b] 11PP

Beginners Luck

Benefit 3 (Status [Legacy], Wealth 2 [Rich])

Connected

Equipment 0 (+7 Veteran Reward)

Jack of All Trades

Improvised Tools

Quick Change (Morphic-Molecule Costume)

Skill Mastery (Diplomacy, Notice, Search, Sense Motive)

Speed of Thought

Trance

[quote name="Equipment 7PP = 35EP"]

[b][u]The Scarab's Lair (PL14 HQ)[/u][/b] [35EP]

[i]The Scarab's Lair is an underground pyramid buried beneath the foundations of Pyramid Plaza. Though decorated with an Ancient Egyptian motif, those aged facades conceal the highly advanced technology that maintains the entire complex. The Lair is detailed in Freedom City Atlas #2, and [url=http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1525&start=0]this thread[/url].[/i]

[b]Size:[/b] Huge [3EP]

[b]Toughness:[/b] +15 [2EP]

[b]Features:[/b] [30EP]

Communications

Computers 2 (Masterwork)

Concealed 2 (+15 DC)

Defense System (Blast) (Scarab-Bots)

Fire Prevention System

Gym

Holding Cells (Nullify)

Infirmary 2 (Masterwork)

Laboratory 2 (Masterwork)

Library 2 (Masterwork)

Living Space

Personnel (Scarab-Bots)

Pool

Power 2 (56PP)

Power System

Security System 5 (DC40)

Self-Repairing (Scarab-Bots)

Think-Tank (Journals From Past Lives)

Workshop 2 (Masterwork)

[i]The Scarab-Bots are tiny robotic scarab beetles, made from a gleaming gold/titanium alloy. Swarms of them scuttle throughout the Lair, guided by a rudimentary artificial intelligence. Each scarab-bot is equipped with a powerful miniaturized energy blaster, used as much for utility as for combat. Their primary function is to maintain, repair, and defend the Lair, though they are capable of other basic tasks.[/i]

[b]Powers:[/b]

[b]Teleport 10 ([/b]200,000 miles, [i]Extras:[/i] Accurate, Duration 2 [Continuous], Portal 2, [i]Flaws:[/i] Limited [Others], Limited [To/From HQ], [i]Feats:[/i] Change Direction, Progression [Portal Size] 1 [10ft x 10ft][b])[/b] [52PP]

[i]The Scarab's teleportals appear to be giant glowing ankh-shaped holes in space, surrounded by crackling lightning. In order to use the teleporter, the subject must either be in the teleporter junction room of The Scarab's Lair, or else they must have a Scarab's Lair Teleport Beacon, a small device about the size of a quarter which sends a radio signal to the computer controlling the teleporter. Any power which interferes with Radio Communication or Radio senses will prevent the beacon from working, and the subject will gain a Hero Point for the Complication. Possession of a beacon requires that the character pay 1PP for a Benefit or Feature, and that they be on [url=http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1525&start=0#p31480]the list[/url] of characters to whom The Scarab has granted access.[/i][/quote]

[b][u]Powers:[/u][/b] 9 + 9 + 1 + 3 + 22 + 3 + 53 + 12 = 112PP

[b][i]Descriptors:[/i][/b] Enlightenment, [i]Ka[/i], Mental, Past-Life Memory, Psionic, Psychic, Reincarnation, Telekinetic, Telepathic

[b]Communication 10 ([/b]Mental, 200,000 miles, [i]Extras:[/i] Linked [Mind Reading], [i]Flaws:[/i] Saving Throw [Will], [i]Feats:[/i] Subtle[b])[/b] [6PP] [b]+ Mind Reading 1 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Action 2 [Free/Move][b])[/b] [3PP] (Telepathy)

[b]Comprehend 4 ([/b]Languages 3 [Read/Write Any, Speak Any, Understand Any], Spirits 1, [i]Feats:[/i] Variable Descriptor [Past-Life Memory, Telepathy][b])[/b] [9PP]

[b]Features 1 ([/b]Scarab's Lair Teleport Beacon[b])[/b] [1PP]

[b]Flight 1 ([/b]10mph / 100ft per Move Action, [i]Feats:[/i] Subtle[b])[/b] [3PP] (Telekinetic Flight)

[b]Force Field 12 + Shield 8 ([/b]Linked, [i]Feats:[/i] Selective, Subtle[b])[/b] [22PP] (Precognition, Telekinesis, Telepathy)

[b]Immunity 6 ([/b]Fear, Interaction Skills, [i]Flaws:[/i] Limited [1/2 Effect][b])[/b] [3PP]

[b]Psionics 22 ([/b]44PP Array, [i]Feats:[/i] Alternate Power 9[b])[/b] [53PP]

[list][b][u]Base Power:[/u] Communication 4 ([/b]Rank 14, [i]Extras:[/i] Linked [Mind Reading], [i]Flaws:[/i] Saving Throw [Will][b])[/b] [2PP] [b]+ Mind Reading 13 ([/b]Rank 14, [i]Extras:[/i] Action 2 [Free/Move], Linked [Communication][b])[/b] [39PP] (Telepathy)

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u]

Concealment 10 ([/b]All Senses, [i]Flaws:[/i] Phantasm, [i]Feats:[/i] Close Range, Progression [Save DC] 4 [DC24], Selective[b])[/b] [16PP]

[b]Flight 9 ([/b]Rank 10, 10,000mph / 100,000ft per Move Action[b])[/b] [18PP]

[b]Move Object 2 ([/b]STR 10, [i]Extras:[/i] Range [Perception], [i]Feats:[/i] Precise, Subtle[b])[/b] [8PP]

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Damage 14 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Alternate Save [Will], Mental, Range 2 [Perception], [i]Flaws:[/i] Action [Full], [i]Feats:[/i] Subtle[b])[/b] [43PP] (Mental Blast)

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Emotion Control 14 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Area [General, Burst, Attached], Selective, [i]Flaws:[/i] Action [Full], [i]Feats:[/i] Progression [Area] 1 [140ft radius], Subtle[b])[/b] [44PP]

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] ESP 9 ([/b]All Senses, 20,000 miles, [i]Extras:[/i] Duration [Sustained], Simultaneous, [i]Flaws:[/i] Action 2 [Full], [i]Feats:[/i] Rapid 7 [x10,000,000], Subtle[b])[/b] [44PP] (Clairvoyance)

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Illusion 14 ([/b]All Senses, [i]Extras:[/i] Selective, [i]Flaws:[/i] Action [Full], Phantasm, [i]Feats:[/i] Progression [Area] 2 [25ft radius][b])[/b] [44PP]

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Mind Control 14 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Conscious, Instant Command, [i]Flaws:[/i] Action [Full], [i]Feats:[/i] Mental Link, Subtle[b])[/b] [44PP]

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Move Object 12 ([/b]STR 60, [i]Extras:[/i] Range [Perception], [i]Feats:[/i] Accurate 4, Precise, Subtle[b])[/b] [42PP] (Telekinesis)

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Stun 14 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Alternate Save [Will], Mental, Range 2 [Perception], [i]Flaws:[/i] Action [Full], [i]Feats:[/i] Sedation, Subtle[b])[/b] [44PP]

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Transform 14 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Alternate Save [Will], Duration [Continuous], Mental, Range [Perception], [i]Flaws:[/i] Action [Full], [i]Feats:[/i] Subtle[b])[/b] [43PP] (Memory Alteration)[/list]

[b]Super-Senses 12 ([/b]Danger Sense [Mental], Mental Awareness [Mental], Normal Mental Sense [[i]Extras:[/i] Accurate 2, Acute, Radius, Ranged], Postcognition 4, Uncanny Dodge [Mental][b])[/b] [12PP]

[b][u]Drawbacks[/u][/b] 0PP

[None]

[code]ATTACK                         RANGE              SAVE                       EFFECT

Unarmed                        Touch              DC14 Toughness (Staged)    Damage

Emotion Control                Perception/Area    DC24 Will (Staged)         Emotion Control

Memory Alteration              Perception         DC24 Will                  Transform

Mental Blast                   Perception         DC29 Will (Staged)         Damage

Mind Control                   Perception         DC(D20+14) Will            Mind Control

Telepathy                      Extended           DC20/24 Will               Mental Communication

Perception         DC(D20+1/+14) Will         Mind Reading

Stun                           Perception         DC24 Will (Staged)         Stun

Telekinesis                    Perception         Grapple check              Grappled

Telekinesis (Thrown Object)    Ranged             DC27 Toughness (Staged)    Damage
Abilities (30) + Combat (16) + Saving Throws (23) + Skills (18) + Feats (11) + Powers (112) - Drawbacks (0) = 210/210 Power Points

Doktor'd

Gecko edits

Combat caps! *waits for shock to wear off*

1pp into Dodge Focus. This will take him to a total of Defence +8, unenhanced Dodge Focus 5, and Enhanced Dodge Focus 2, for Defence +15/+13, and to defensive PL 11! Change his Defence line as follows to bring it into line with Shaen's new formatting:

Defense: +15/+13 (+8 Defence, +5 Dodge Focus, +2 Enhanced Dodge Focus), +4 Flat-Footed

I relent, 1pp into Power Attack. :cry:

Drop his unarmed Strike power immediately, freeing up -3pp.

Increase his Strength to 16 (+3), costing him 2pp. Also, change his Attack Specialisation (unarmed strike) 1 to Attack Specialisation (unarmed) 2, costing 1pp. In addition, spend 1pp on Attack Focus (melee). This changes his combat lines to:

Attack: +8, +9 melee, +10 Geckorangs, +13 unarmed

Grapple: +12

DONE BY SHAENTHEBRAIN

Zephyr's edits:

Shuffled some points around to make room for the Minion. Dropped some combat stuff to PL10, bought up her saves a little, dropped some skills and feats, dropped Sneak Attack, and turned her Time Control attack APs into Mighty Strikes, because I realized there wasn't much she couldn't do with that that she could do with the extras just applied to her STR. Also changed the layout.

I'd like to use the other 8PP from my Platinum Reward for Minion ranks, to help offset the cost of Zephyr's new Minion.

[floatr][img=http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/wiki/images/5/57/ZephyrHF.png][/floatr][b][u]Power Level[/u]:[/b] 12 (178/178PP)

[b][u]Tradeoffs[/u]:[/b] +5 Attack / -5 Damage, +5 Defense / -5 Toughness

[b][u]Diamond Status[/u]:[/b] 28/60

[b][u]Character Name[/u]:[/b] Zephyr

[b][u]Alternate Identities[/u]:[/b] Zoe Harris (Birth Name), Zoe MacMillan (Alias)

[b][u]Birthplace[/u]:[/b] Freedom City, New Jersey, USA

[b][u]Occupation[/u]:[/b] Freelance Musician, Kitchen Assistant, Library Assistant, Student

[b][u]Affiliations[/u]:[/b] Claremont Academy (Student, Employee), Young Freedom

[b][u]Family[/u]:[/b] Alex Albright (Mother), Mike Harris (Father)

[b]Ethnicity:[/b] Caucasian

[b]Height:[/b] 5'3"

[b]Weight:[/b] 120 lbs.

[b]Age:[/b] 17 (D.O.B. 2025 C.E.)

[b]Hair:[/b] Strawberry-Blonde

[b]Eyes:[/b] Blue-Green

Zephyr's build has almost no fat. She's pure muscle from the neck down, with an unusually high amount of definition. She still has something of a "baby-face" despite this, as though whatever little fat her body does store heads straight to her head (otherwise known as "Alicia Silverstone Syndrome"). She wears her hair long, tied back in a pony-tail or bun when performing athletic or superhero duties, free otherwise.

[floatl][img=http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/wiki/images/0/00/TaylorMomsenAsZoeMacMillan01.jpg][/floatl]Out of costume, she favors a sort of punk rock meets grunge look. Denim jeans, or denim shorts or plaid skirts paired with fishnet tights, with holes torn up and down the legs either way. T-shirts or simple cotton tank-tops (often bearing the logo of a band or some sarcastic quote) sometimes paired with button-down plaid flannel overshirts (never buttoned). Black leather combat boots complete the ensemble. It is unclear whether she actually likes the style, or if adopting it is just a way to set herself apart from her clean-cut parents.

Zoe doesn't worry about being dressed "inappropriately" or "impractically," since she can run home, change, and run back inside the blink of an eye.

Zoe was born in the year 2025. She was the daughter of Alexandra Albright and Michael Harris, better known to the world as Psyche and Phalanx, who were at that point full-time members of the Freedom League. Both had been in utero during the 1993 Terminus Invasion, and the waves of energy that poured out of the dimensional rifts altered their DNA, giving them superhuman powers. As expected, their daughter Zoe also developed special abilities. She lacked her mother's telepathy, aside from a psychic link with her parents, and while she was significantly more intelligent than an average human, her mental acuity was nowhere near that of her mother's. Her strength and durability, while exceptional by human standards, were nothing compared to her father's (though her body seemed to rest at a baseline level of fitness, strength, and agility far in excess of an average human, without requiring the maintenance a normal human would at that level).

Instead, Zoe's mutation manifested in the form of super-human speed. She could read a book faster than she could turn the pages, run across the surface of a river, and break the sound barrier on foot. Her parents, themselves alumni of the Claremont Academy, proudly enrolled Zoe in that prestigious preparatory school. There, she gained valuable insight into how to control her powers, as well as a top-notch education (including several "extra-curricular activities" that wouldn't find their way onto any college applications).

[floatr][img=http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/wiki/images/3/35/Zephyr.jpg][/floatr]The first fifteen years of Zoe's life were bliss. The only child of two internationally-renowned superheroes, she wanted for nothing. Her powers would have opened the world up to her even if her heritage didn't. But in 2041, during her junior year at Claremont, tragedy struck. The newly reformed Crime League managed to hijack a stockpile of nuclear warheads. They hid them in various places around the nation, and attempted to extort the American government for billions of dollars. During the hours that followed, every superhero in the nation had his or her hands full, between searching for and disarming the bombs, searching for and beating the truth out of the Crime Leaguers, and quelling the civil unrest resulting from a panicked nation. When the last bomb was located in Freedom City, and hero and villain alike converged on its location.

An epic battle was fought. They told her to stay away, but when Zoe saw her parents being beaten bloody on live national television, she couldn't bring herself to stand idly by. At the last moment, just when it appeared that the heroes would prove victorious, Hiroshima Shadow appeared. Having slipped even further into insanity over the years, he was driven by a single goal - the destruction of Freedom City and its defenders. He poured all his energies into the bomb, boosting its destructive power tenfold, and then activated it. The resulting nuclear explosion wiped Freedom City off the face of the Earth.

Zoe ran like she had never run before, determined to save her parents. Her powers stretched far beyond any limits she had known before, so far that the nuclear shockwave itself appeared to move in slow-motion. Unfortunately, she arrived on the scene too late to do anything for her parents but watch their bodies disintegrate in the face of the nuclear onslaught. A tiny fraction of a second later, the shockwave hit Zoe as well. But something strange happened. Instead of being annihilated, Zoe broke through all barriers of time and energy. She fell upon the same physical location in Freedom City, but more than thirty years in the past.

Zoe is a physically-active adrenaline junkie. She's always dancing, running, jumping, climbing, kicking, punching, or throwing something, the faster, the better. More of an artist than a scholar, she expresses herself far better through music and motion than she does through the written or spoken word. She has the capacity for intellectual pursuits, but rarely the inclination. She has a very low tolerance for boredom, which is unfortunate because her powers leave her with plenty of free time. She tends to be impatient and impulsive, favoring short-term thinking over long-term planning.

[floatl][img=http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/wiki/images/b/b2/TaylorMomsenAsZoeMacMillan02.jpg][/floatl]Like most adolescents, Zoe finds refuge in affecting a demeanor of detached sarcasm, but she isn't very good at concealing her enthusiasm for much of what life has to offer. She's knee-deep in the period of life when adults, especially parents, fall off their pedestals and transition from infallible gods to flawed human beings. This goes double for superheroes. Having spent her entire life surrounded by them, she's somewhat jaded, nowhere near as awed as most people are. Image

Zoe would probably never admit just how overwhelmed she is at the idea of being marooned in the (not as distant as it feels to a teenager) past. When she starts to consider the possible implications and consequences, her head starts to hurt. If her parents don't get married, will she still be born? If she isn't born, in the future/past, will she cease to exist in the present? She doesn't know if she can change history, or even if she should. But the image of her parents violent deaths is seared in her memory (the subject of frequent nightmares), and she is determined to prevent that fate from coming to pass, at all costs. In the meantime, she's determined to make the best of a bad situation.

As a girl out of time, Zoe often makes pop culture references which perplex her listeners, as they either refer to events which have yet to take place, or else they are so dated they would only occur to a person a decade or two her senior. She often uses slang and curses which, while common in the public lexicon of her own time, have yet to be invented yet in the present. "Razor," "Sprak," and "Fark" are the nonsense words her companions hear most frequently, to the point where their meanings ("cool," "excrement," and "fornication") have become obvious. Still, this habit causes no end of confusion, consternation, and amusement in those who socialize with her.

Zephyr thinks she has the ability to think and act at "super-speed." But that speed is actually an unconscious manifestation of her ability to control and manipulate the flow of time itself. Since she's young, immature, and ignorant of her true nature, she lacks complete control over her powers, and they tend to get away from her at the most inopportune times. She thinks that her time-travel was an isolated incident, the result of some unforeseen interaction between her powers and the nuclear explosion. She has no idea that it is a stunt she is fully capable of repeating.

She can speed up or slow down time in relation to herself or others. This allows her to move fast enough to run across the surface of water or up walls and ceilings, too fast to be seen. She can perform mundane tasks, such as reading or changing the oil in a car, literally millions of times faster than a normal person. She can effectively "share" her speed with others, or "sap" their speed away to the point of complete paralysis. She can speed up the aging and healing processes, sealing wounds closed or dissolving an object into dust in an instant. She thinks she can "vibrate her molecules fast enough to pass through solid matter," but what she's actually capable of is 4th-dimensional movement, changing her place in the space-time continuum relative to the rest of the world. She can phase through physical barriers for the same reason that a 3D person can just walk over a line drawn on the ground, even though that line would block the movement of a 2D being.

Her headset/visor was designed by Doktor Archeville  and manufactured by ArcheTech in 2041. It was a gift from her parents (the last, in fact). The "headset" consists of a tiny Daka crystal mounted in and around her ear, similar to a modern hearing aid. The visor, also made from Daka crystal, allows her to see other parts of the electromagnetic spectrum, such as infrared and ultraviolet. Zephyr's speed allows her to shift back and forth between the various vision modes several times every nanosecond.

The visor, however, is just the icing on the cake. The primary function of the device is to connect via radio signals with her "pet robot" M.I.M.I.R., so that it and the user can trade data and sensory input back and forth. The connection allows the operator to remotely use M.I.M.I.R.'s many functions, such as his on-board computer, library, and video camera. M.I.M.I.R. uses the visor to project a holographic display over the user's field of vision, and the user can interact with that display with peripheral wrist sensors. Zephyr keeps them mounted in the gloves of her costume, and in her spiked bracelets when out of costume. M.I.M.I.R. can speak with her through the crystal earbud (transmitting sound into her ear, and picking up the vibrations from her ear when she speaks), and it can convert the radio and ultrasonic signals it picks up into normal sound for her.

[hr][/hr]

[b]Accidents:[/b] Zephyr doesn't always think before she acts, so she's a little more prone to causing these than most heroes. Luckily, she's fast enough to rectify most of her mistakes before they get too far out of hand.

[b]Anachronism:[/b] Zephyr has been pushed backward in time an entire generation. Stories from her parents and depictions in popular media can only go so far toward preparing her for what life was like when her parents were kids. She frequently uses slang and makes cultural references which either haven't been invented yet, or go back in time much further than the average contemporary youth.

[b]Billy Pilgrim Has Become Unstuck In Time:[/b] Zephyr doesn't realize that her powers are a form of Time Control, and she doesn't have full or conscious control over them yet. The GM should feel free to trigger Uncontrolled power stunts (see "Sample Power Stunts" at the bottom of the sheet).

[b]Eats Like A Horse:[/b] Zephyr is already (mostly) unconsciously regulating the effect of time on several aspects of her life, such as her aging process and need for sleep. But she has yet to control her need for food and water, and all the energy she's burning speeding up time for herself is taking its toll. She eats and drinks far more than a normal child of her age, even taking into account her developing body and high level of activity. It's rare to see her [i]not[/i] stuffing her face or sucking down smoothies.

[b]Enemies:[/b] In the future, the Crime League (and Hiroshima Shadow in particular) are responsible for the deaths of Zoe's parents. She is determined to make sure that never happens.

[b]Everybody Wants Some:[/b] Zoe is living proof that time travel is possible, the likes of which hasn't been seen since Doctor Tomorrow. Anyone interested in temporal physics, regardless of application, will want to get their hands on her ([i]especially[/i] if they figure out that she traveled under her own power). Anyone interested in advanced technology will want to acquire M.I.M.I.R., so they can reverse-engineer it and obtain the technology of tomorrow [i]today[/i].

[b]Fame:[/b] Her viral video had netted her some small acclaim, but Zoe's involvement in the ground floor of Octopus Dropkick and her subsequent feature in [i]Revolver Magazine[/i] are really starting to get her noticed as a musician.

[b]Kinda Always Knew I'd End Up Your Ex-Girlfriend:[/b] Eddie Ozan (A.K.A. "Breakdown"), a famous musician and superhero. Their relationship did not end well.

[b]Prejudice:[/b] Female, Teenager.

[b]Reputation:[/b] Promiscuity, Reckless Behavior, Violence.

[b]Responsibility:[/b] Future Parents (Phalanx & Psyche), School (Full-Time Claremont Student), Work (Part-Time On-Campus Jobs).

[b]Rivalry:[/b] Zoe is caught up in an ongoing feud with Daisy Gibbons (A.K.A. "Student Body").

[b]Secret:[/b] Identity, Origin ("From The Future").

[b]Super-Senses:[/b] M.I.M.I.R. uses radio signals to transmit data and sensory input back and forth between itself and Zephyr, but it must translate that data into visual and audio media which she can understand and interact with (text, pictures, video, audio, etc.). For example, M.I.M.I.R. can hear radio and ultrasonic transmissions, but Zephyr can't, so it needs to convert them to normal sound. Anything which interferes with radio signals will disrupt their connection, and anything which interferes with Zephyr's abilities to see, hear, speak, or gesture will inhibit her ability to send and receive data. For example, M.I.M.I.R. is equipped with radar, but Zephyr must interpret the data obtained from radar visually. So if she is blinded, M.I.M.I.R.'s radar is useless to her.

[b]Underage:[/b] At 17, Zoe lacks certain legal privileges. She cannot legally vote, purchase alcohol, rent a car, or gain admittance to a variety of venues.

[b]Zeroed:[/b] As far as most of the world is concerned, Zoe does not exist. She doesn't have a birth certificate or Social Security number.

[b][u]Abilities[/u]:[/b] 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + (-2) + 4 = 18PP

Strength: 14 (+2)

Dexterity: 14 (+2)

Constitution: 14 (+2)

Intelligence: 14 (+2)

Wisdom: 08 (-1)

Charisma: 14 (+2)

[b][u]Combat[/u]:[/b] 10 + 10 = 20PP

Initiative: +42/+2

Attack: +15/+5 Melee (+5 Base, +10/+0 Attack Focus), +5 Ranged

Grapple: +17/+7

Defense: +15/+5 (+5 Base, +10/+0 Dodge Focus), +2 Flat-Footed

Knockback: 2, 1 Unarmored

[b][u]Saving Throws[/u]:[/b] 3 + 3 + 6 = 12PP

Toughness: +5 (+2 Con, +3 Costume)

Fortitude: +5 (+2 Con, +3)

Reflex: +15/+5 (+2 Dex, +10/+0 Enhanced Reflex, +3)

Will: +5 (-1 Wis, +6), +13 vs Fear

[b][u]Skills[/u]:[/b] 36R = 9PP

Bluff 0 (+2, +6 Attractive)

Computers 1 (+3)

Diplomacy 0 (+2, +6 Attractive)

Notice 6 (+5)

Perform (Singing) 13 (+15)

Perform (Stringed Instruments) 13 (+15)

Search 3 (+5)

Attractive

Equipment 1 (5EP)

Jack of All Trades

Lion Heart 2

Luck

Minion 4 (+8 Veteran Reward)

Power Attack

[quote name="Equipment 1PP = 5EP"]

+2EP Caldwell Manor

[u]Costume[/u]

[b]Protection 3[/b] [3EP][/quote]

[b][u]Powers[/u]:[/b] 5 + 4 + 34 + 10 + 1 + 1 + 10 + 14 + 8 + 25 = 112PP

[b]Concealment 4 ([/b][i]Flaws:[/i] Displacement, [i]Feats:[/i] Alternate Power[b])[/b] [5PP]

[list][b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Concealment 4 ([/b]All Visual Senses, [i]Flaws:[/i] Limited [Displacement][b])[/b] [4PP][/list]

[b]Device 1 ([/b]5PP, [i]Flaws:[/i] Hard-To-Lose[b])[/b] [4PP] (ArcheTech Headset/Visor)

[device][b]Features 1 ([/b]GPS Receiver[b])[/b] [1PP]

[b]Super-Senses 4 ([/b]Communication Link [Radio, M.I.M.I.R.], Direction Sense, Infravision, Ultravision[b])[/b] [4PP][/device]

[b]Enhanced Feats 34 ([/b]Attack Focus 10, Dodge Focus 10, Evasion, Improved Initiative 10, Instant Up, Move-By Action, Quick Draw[b])[/b] [34PP]

[b]Enhanced Reflex 10[/b] [10PP]

[b]Features 1 ([/b]Temporal Inertia[b])[/b] [1PP]

[b]Immunity 2 ([/b]Aging, Sleep, [i]Flaws:[/i] Limited [1/2 Effect][b])[/b] [1PP]

[b]Quickness 10 ([/b]x2,500[b])[/b] [10PP]

[b]Speed 10 ([/b]10,000mph / 100,000ft per Move Action, [i]Feats:[/i] Moving Feint[b])[/b] [11PP] [b]+ Super-Movement 3 ([/b]Wall-Crawling 2, Water-Walking 1, [i]Flaws:[/i] Limited [Moving][b])[/b] [3PP]

[b]Super-Senses 8 ([/b]Communication Link 2 [Mental, Phalanx, Psyche], Danger Sense 2 [Visual, Audio], Temporal Awareness [Mental], Time Sense, Uncanny Dodge 2 [Visual, Audio][b])[/b] [8PP]

[b]Time Control 10 ([/b]20PP Array, [i]Feats:[/i] Alternate Power 5[b])[/b] [25PP]

[list][b][u]Base Power[/u]:

Quickness 10 ([/b]Rank 20, x5,000,000[b])[/b] [10PP]

[b]Speed 10 ([/b]Rank 20, 25,000,000mph[b])[/b] [10PP]

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u]: Damage 3 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Autofire 3 [5], [i]Feats:[/i] Mighty[b])[/b] [19PP] (Flurry)

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u]: Damage 3 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Area [Targeted, Shapeable] [5], Selective [5], [i]Feats:[/i] Mighty 2, Progression [Area] 5 [250 5ft cubes][b])[/b] [20PP] (Rapid Attack)

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u]: Insubstantial 4 ([/b]Incorporeal[b])[/b] [20PP] (4-Dimensional Movement)

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u]: Paralyze 9 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Alternate Save [Reflex], [i]Feats:[/i] Reversible[b])[/b] [19PP] (Sap Speed / Time Stop)

[b][u]Alternate Power[/u]: Speed 0 ([/b]Rank 10, [i]Extras:[/i] Affects Others [10], [i]Feats:[/i] Progression [Subjects] 1 [2 Subjects][b])[/b] [11PP] [b]+ Super-Movement 0 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Affects Others [3][b])[/b] [3PP] [b]+ Super-Movement 2 ([/b]Permeate 1, Slow Fall 1, [i]Extras:[/i] Affects Others[b])[/b] [6PP] (Share Speed)[/list]

[b][u]Drawbacks[/u]:[/b] -4PP

[b]Nightmares ([/b]DC5 to wake up [i]Fatigued[/i][b])[/b] [-4PP]

[b][u]DC Block[/u]:[/b]

[code]ATTACK           RANGE          SAVE                        EFFECT

Unarmed          Touch          DC17 Toughness (Staged)     Damage

Flurry           Touch          DC20 Toughness (Staged)     Damage

Rapid Attack     Touch/Area     DC20 Toughness (Staged)     Damage

Sap Speed        Touch          DC19 Reflex (Staged)        Slowed/Paralyzed
Abilities (18) + Combat (20) + Saving Throws (12) + Skills (9) + Feats (11) + Powers (112) - Drawbacks (4) = 178/178 Power Points
Sample Power Stunts for Time Control 10 (20PP)
  • Age Shift 4 (Morph + Shrinking, Extras: Duration 2 [Continuous]) [16PP]
  • Corrosion 6 (Feats: Reversible) [19PP] (Accelerated Aging)
  • Healing 5 (Extras: Action [standard], Total) [20PP] (Accelerated Healing)
  • Paralyze 12 (Extras: Alternate Save [Reflex], Area [General, Burst, Attached], Flaws: Action [Full], Distracting, Feats: Progression [Area] 7 [12,000ft radius], Reversible) [20PP] (Time Stop)
  • Super-Movement 3 (Temporal Movement 3, Extras: Affects Others, Area) [12PP]
  • Super-Senses 8 (Postcognition 4, Precognition 4) [8PP]

[floatl]MIMIR.jpg[/floatl]Power Level: 12 (178/180PP) (Minion 12) Tradeoffs: None Unspent Power Points: 2 Character Name: M.I.M.I.R. (Mobile Independent Mechanical Information Repository) Alternate Identities: None Identity: Secret Birthplace: Freedom City, New Jersey, USA Occupation: Interactive Study Aid & Data Storage Affiliations: N/A Family: Viktor Archeville (Creator), Zoe Harris (Owner) Description: Ethnicity: Robot (Silver Metallic Skin) Height: 30 cm (12 in) Weight: 3 kg (6 lbs 9 oz) Age: 1 (designed and constructed a year ago, in 2041 C.E.) Hair: Gold Eyes: Red M.I.M.I.R. appears to be a chrome sculpture of Doktor Viktor Arhcheville's head, complete with tiny gold fibers for hair. The face is not articulated, so the only means of emotional expression available to it are its eyes and its voice. There are lenses in the eye sockets, behind which lights glow in several different colors, at several different levels of intensity. When it projects video images or energy blasts, they launch from the eyes. The mouth doesn't actually move or open, but the main speaker is located beneath it. It can faithfully reproduce the voice of anyone it has ever heard, or any voice it has on file in its extensive onboard media library. It defaults to the voice of David Hyde Pierce unless otherwise indicated. (Doktor Archeville wanted Christopher Lee, but his research assistants managed to convince him that the voice should make the floating disembodied head less terrifying, not more.) The head itself appears to float through the air with no visible means of propulsion. History: M.I.M.I.R. is an multipurpose artificial intelligence designed by Doktor Archeville and manufactured by ArcheTech in the year 2041. It was built to fulfill many different functions: portable computer and library, interactive research assistant, teacher, and even sentry or spy. This specific model is a prototype. Doktor Archeville gave it to Psyche and Phalanx, his comrades on the Freedom League, to field test, with the understanding that he would be allowed access to its hard drive regularly to gather research data. They, in turn, gave it to their daughter as her 16th birthday present, both to assist her in her studies at Claremont, and to help protect her in her activities as a member of the Next Gen. It is named after Mimir, the oracle from Nordic folklore who helped Odin gain the knowledge of the runes. After Mimir was decapitated, the gods carried his head with them, so that they could continue to benefit from his wisdom. Personality: Overall, Doktor Archeville programmed M.I.M.I.R. to be unfailingly polite and considerate in its dealings with people, avoiding judgement or violence whenever possible. This decision was motivated in equal parts by necessity (in order to perform the functions for which it was designed) and personal preference (Archeville sought to avoid the recent trend in cybernetics, wherein it was considered fashionable to design smug, sarcastic A.I.s). However, the robot's attempts at social interaction are hindered by its very nature. The primary purpose of M.I.M.I.R.'s existence is to accumulate and share information. It is a little too eager to fulfill this purpose; if a person asks it one simple question about any given topic, it will proceed to show and tell them everything about that subject unless otherwise directed (assumig the user can get a word in edgewise). It also has difficulty thinking like a living creature instead of a machine. It has perfect textbook knowledge of biology and psychology, but there is a difference between theoretical and applied knowledge. Decisions based upon biological concerns tend to confuse it; it has no sex drive or desire to reproduce, and the miniature reactor powering it will last for decades before needing more fuel, so "hunger" isn't an issue. Powers & Abilities: M.I.M.I.R. has vast data storage capacity and a sensor suite the likes of which is undreamt of in modern technology. It contains a wealth of information on a staggering variety of subjects, and the capacity to learn new information at an astounding rate. It can interface wirelessly with other electronic devices, even those without the ability to receive or transmit information wirelessly themselves. The robot's owner can interface with it directly via a specially-manufactured headset/visor, which allows the robot and the owner to share data and sensory input, and allows the owner to use the robot's various on-board utilities (cell phone, computer, library, video camera, etc.) remotely. The miniature reactor powering M.I.M.I.R. is fueled by a small Daka crystal, which also gives it minor energy manipulation abilities, such as flight, holographic projection, and energy blasts. This energy control is intended primarily as a tool, but in desperate situations it can be used as a weapon.
Abilities: 0 + 0 + (-10) + 16 + 0 + 0 = 6PP Strength: 02 (-4) Dexterity: 10 (+0) Constitution: - Intelligence: 26 (+8) Wisdom: 10 (+0) Charisma: 10 (+0) Combat: 4 + 4 = 8PP Initiative: +8 Attack: +4 (+2, +2 Shrinking), +12 Blast Grapple: -8 Defense: +4 (+2, +2 Shrinking), +2 Flat-Footed, +10 Airborne Knockback: -3 Saving Throws: 0 + 10 + 5 = 15PP Toughness +10 (+10 Protection) Fortitude - Reflex +10 (+0 Dex, +10) Will +5 (+0 Wis, +5) Skills: 32R = 8PP Computers 17 (+25) (+2 Masterwork Computer) Intimidate 0 (+0, -4 Shrinking) Knowledge (Any) 0 (+8) (+2 Masterwork Library) Knowledge (Tactics) 6 (+14) Notice 5 (+5) Search 0 (+8) Stealth 4 (+4, +12 Shrinking) Feats: 16PP Defensive Attack Eidetic Memory Favored Environment (Airborne) 6 Improved Defense 2 Master Plan 2 Second Chance (Computers) Speed of Thought Teamwork 2 Powers: 13 + 8 + 3 + 11 + 3 + 41 + 10 + 6 + 10 + 8 + 23 = 136PP Daka Engine 4 (8PP Array, Feats: Alternate Power 5) [13PP]
  • Base Power: Blast 1 (Feats: Accurate 4, Power Attack, Precise) [8PP] (Energy) Alternate Power: Communication 2 (Audio, 100ft, Extras: Area [100ft radius]) [4PP] (Speakers) Communication 2 (Visual, 100ft, Extras: Area [100ft radius]) [4PP] (Holographic Projection) Alternate Power: Communication 7 (Radio, 200 miles, Feats: Subtle) [8PP] Alternate Power: Concealment 6 (All Visual + Radio Senses, Flaws: Blending) [6PP] + Concealment 2 (All Audio Senses, Flaws: Partial) [2PP] (Holographic Projection, Radar Jamming, Silent-Running Mode) Alternate Power: Flight 4 (Rank 5, 250mph / 2,500ft per Move Action) [8PP] Alternate Power: Light Control 4 (50ft radius) [8PP]
Comprehend 4 (Codes 1, Languages 3) [8PP] Datalink 1 (Radio, 10ft, Extras: Linked [Machine Control], Feats: Subtle) [2PP] + Machine Control 1 (Move Object, Extras: Linked [Datalink], Flaws: Limited [Machine Operation]) [1PP] Features 11 (Cell Phone, Computer [Feats: Masterwork], Geiger Counter, GPS Receiver, Internal Compartment, Library [Feats: Masterwork], Mimicry, Temporal Inertia, Video Camera) [11PP] Flight 1 (10mph / 100ft per Move Action, Feats: Subtle) [3PP] Immunity 41 (Fear, Fortitude Effects, Mental Effects) [41PP] Protection 10 [10PP] Quickness 12 (x10,000, Flaws: Limited [Mental Tasks]) [6PP] Shrinking 8 (Feats: Innate, Normal Toughness) [10PP] Super-Senses 1 (Communication Link [Radio, ArcheTech Headset], Extras: Linked [sensory Link], Feats: Subtle) [2PP] + Sensory Link 9 (20,000 miles, Extras: Duration [sustained], Linked [Communication Link], No Saving Throw, Simultaneous, Two-Way, Flaws: Action 2 [Full], Limited 3 [ArcheTech Headset], Drawbacks: Power Loss 3 [Mental, Olfactory, & Tactile Senses]) [6PP] Super-Senses 23 (All Audio Senses [Extras: Analytical], All Radio Senses [Extras: Analytical], All Visual Senses [Extras: Analytical], Direction Sense, Infravision, Microscopic Vision 2 [Cells], Radar 3 [Radio, Extras: Accurate 2], Radio, Time Sense, Ultrasonic Hearing, Ultravision, X-Ray Vision 3 [Normal Vision, Extras: Penetrates Concealment 4, Drawbacks: Power Loss {Lead}], Uncanny Dodge 3 [Visual, Audio, Radio]) [23PP] Drawbacks: (-1) + (-4) + (-1) + (-3) + (-2) = -11PP Disability (Immobile, Frequency: Uncommon, Intensity: Minor) [-1PP] Disability (No Hands, Frequency: Very Common, Intensity: Moderate) [-4PP] Disability (No Olfactory Sense, Frequency: Uncommon, Intensity: Minor) [-1PP] Vulnerability (Electricity Attacks, Frequency: Common, Intensity: Moderate) [-3PP] Vulnerability (Magnetic Attacks, Frequency: Uncommon, Intensity: Moderate) [-2PP] Abilities (6) + Combat (8) + Saving Throws (15) + Skills (8) + Feats (16) + Powers (136) - Drawbacks (11) = 178/180PP

Doktor'd

Sorry, my bad, totally forgot - Could someone please add "Extended Reach [10ft]" to the power feats on Zephyr's Paralyze AP, and change the range in her DC block from "Touch" to "10ft?" (It's got 1PP left to play with.) Thanks!

Doktor'd

OK, I just realized that the Saving Throw flaw on Communication was a bad idea. Read up on what happens when you've got 2 powers with the same type of save Linked together if you wanna know why.

Please make the following edits to The Scarab:

Drop 4 ranks from her Diplomacy skill, freeing up 1PP. Shift another rank from Diplomacy to Concentrate, changing them to 1 (+5) and 9 (+15). (Next time, Diplomacy. Next time...)

Ditch the Illusion AP from her Psionics array. That frees up another 1PP, for 2PP free total. (I'll stunt it.)

Ditch her Telepathy power outside the array. That frees up another 9PP, for 11PP free total.

Replace it with this:

Communication 9 (Mental, 20,000 miles, Extras: Linked [Mind Reading], Feats: Subtle) [10PP] + Mind Reading 1 (Extras: Action 2 [Free], Linked [Communication], Flaws: Duration [instant], Limited [surface Thoughts]) [1PP]

That leaves her at 0PP free.

Then change the base power in the array to this:

Mind Reading 14 (Extras: Action 2 [Free/Move], Feats: Subtle) [43PP] + Super-Senses 1 (Normal Mental Sense, Extras: Analytical) [1PP]

That leaves her with a Telepathy power outside the array which is only good for communication purposes - she can't use it to conduct mind probes at a distance, and if someone wants her to stop reading their surface thoughts, they get a new save every round at +1 to give her the boot. The Mind Reading power in the array is totally different in terms of extras and flaws applied to it, so it doesn't stack with the Mind Reading in the telepathy power outside the array. So she has to be in a target's presence to actually read their mind. And when she is actually reading their mind, she can get a ton of information about it from her Mental sense becoming +Analytical. This also leaves her telepathy at the same range as her ESP power, so when it's active they "synch up" (but she can't use ESP to probe minds, just to communicate with them).

Here's the code for the sheet:

[floatr][img=http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/wiki/images/6/65/TheScarabElenaGuerrero.jpg][/floatr][b][u]Power Level:[/u][/b] 14 (210/210PP)

[b][u]Tradeoffs[/u]:[/b] None

[b][u]Diamond Status[/u]:[/b] 60/90

[b][u]Character Name[/u]:[/b] The Scarab

[b][u]Alternate Identities[/u]:[/b] Elena Guerrero (Current Incarnation), Alexander Rhodes (Previous Incarnation), Prince Heru-Ra of Egypt (Original Incarnation)

[b][u]Birthplace[/u]:[/b] Santa Lucia, California, USA

[b][u]Occupation[/u]:[/b] Freelance Legal Consultant, Philanthropist

[b][u]Affiliations[/u]:[/b] Freedom City Historical Museum (Donor), [i]Freedom City Ledger[/i] (Lifetime Subscriber), Freedom City Public Libraries (Donor), Freedom City University (Alumnus), Law Office of Nelson & Bannerly (Independent Consultant), Rhodes Foundation (Shareholder)

[b][u]Family[/u]:[/b] Josefina Vasquez de Guerrero (Mother, Deceased), Eduardo Guerrero (Father, Deceased)

[b]Age:[/b] 30 (D.O.B. 1979)

[b]Ethnicity:[/b] Latina

[b]Height:[/b] 5'8"

[b]Weight:[/b] 130 lbs.

[b]Hair:[/b] Black

[b]Eyes:[/b] Brown

Unlike the bright scarlet and yellow tights worn by her "predecessor," the "new" Scarab's costume consists of menacing armor plates overlapping in subdued shades of crimson and gold. The massive cape extending from under her shoulder guards never ceases flowing and billowing dramatically behind her, subtly guided by her telekinesis and her flair for the dramatic. Careful observers will quickly realize that, even when she chooses to walk rather than hover, her feet never quite touch the ground, only adding to the alternately unsettling and awe-inspiring mystique she cultivates.

[floatl][img=http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/wiki/images/8/89/MichelleRodriguezAsElenaGuerrero01.jpg][/floatl]Out of costume, Elena Guerrero blends in with millions of other upwardly-mobile female professionals employed in the fields of law or big business. She tends toward tailored skirtsuits, sweaterdresses, sundresses, and other outfits which could be described as "feminine and elegant, but unremarkably so." She tends to wear a lot of red and gold combinations, so as to be color-coded for the convenience of the imaginary readers of the FCPBP comic books. When it comes to clothing, she believes in paying for quality, but almost never to the point of extravagance (on the rare occasion where she does indulge, it is not for her own benefit). She isn't a very athletic person, focused far more on the cerebral than the physical, and her body suffers for it. She's fortunate enough to have been born with genes which make weight difficult to keep on rather than off, but what flesh she does carry lacks any real muscle tone. Her physique is petite, but doughy. Her facial features aren't actively unpleasant to gaze upon, but neither are they anything exceptional.

[b]Heru-Ra[/b]

In approximately 3,000 B.C.E., Heru-Ra was the crown prince of the Egyptian Empire. He lacked interest in politics or economics, neglecting matters of the physical world in favor of the philosophical and theological. Through a unique combination of meditation, contemplation, self-denial, physical exertion, and sheer talent, he managed to achieve a measure of Enlightenment, thousands of years before the bodhisattvas and messiahs who would follow him. Heru-Ra awakened the part of his soul the Egyptians called the ka, gaining great power to exert his will upon the world around him.

Heru-Ra's closest friend was the sorcerer-priest Tan-Aktor. The two young men fought together often, defending Egypt from the supernatural threats of the ancient world. In their greatest victory, they prevented the evil sorcerer Ka-Khemet from using the stolen Milk of The Sun to help the minor god Sobek usurp control of the Egyptian pantheon. Ka-Khemet and his minions had sought to transfer their essences into the eggs of the crocodile god, emerging as immortal hybrid monsters. But the combined might of Heru-Ra and Tan-Aktor defeated the sorcerers, and trapped them within the eggs for all eternity.

Unfortunately, Tan-Aktor's lust for power soon overshadowed his loyalties to his friend and his pharoah. Along with his treacherous lieutenant Khar-Hotep, he tried to murder the royal family and seize the throne. His coup-d'etat failed, and both he and his former comrade died striking each other a death blow. When the two men stood before the gods for judgement, Heru-Ra demanded that no other but he be allowed to punish Tan-Aktor. Simultaneously impressed with his courage and insulted by his arrogance, the gods chose to punish Heru-Ra in the manner gods have always preferred above all - they gave him exactly what he asked for.

Heru-Ra and Tan-Aktor were both doomed to unending reincarnation, constantly dying and being reborn like a pair of scarab beetles from the dung. They would chase each other around the wheel of life and death, locked in eternal battle. In every new life, Heru-Ra fought to protect the innocent and uphold justice, while Tan-Aktor sunk deeper into brutality and depravity in his twofold quest to accumulate personal power and rid himself of his eternal foe.

[floatr][img=http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/wiki/images/8/80/TheScarabAlexanderRhodes.jpg][/floatr][b]Alexander Rhodes[/b]

Alexander Rhodes was a wealthy financier and philanthropist, the C.E.O. of the Rhodes Foundation, the financial powerhouse his family had built. Rhodes had always been fascinated with Ancient Egypt, collecting every relic he could get his hands on. It wasn't until 1961 that he understood why. Like many before and since, Rhodes underwent hyponotic regression on a lark in 1961. Although meant "for entertainment purposes only," the attempt to remind Rhodes of past lives was a resounding success, revealing to him his true nature as the reincarnation of Prince Heru-Ra. The recovery of all the memories he'd accumulated in previous lifetimes reawakened his ka, empowering him once again. He decided to use his powers to fight Evil, putting on a mask and cape to help usher in the resurgence of costumed superheroes as The Scarab.

The Scarab was the second-in-command of the original Freedom League, and aside from The Centurion, the longest-running member. His psychic powers and diplomatic nature helped him fulfill the role of "peacemaker" on the team, settling conflicts and encouraging and facilitating teamwork. He was a mentor, comrade, and friend to most of his teammates during his nearly 20 years of service.

Although Rhodes never met the Nazi sorcerer Wilhelm Kantor personally, he clashed frequently with agents and pawns directed by the reincarnation of his eternal nemesis. Kantor, now calling himself "OverShadow," immediately recognized The Scarab's iconography as the heraldry of Heru-Ra, and over the next two decades, he wasted countless hours and resources in single-minded attempts to destroy his old foe. But time and time again, The Scarab foiled his attempts at world conquest.

In 1979, seeking to rid himself of his eternal foe, OverShadow recovered Sobek's eggs and removed his curse, allowing them to hatch and unleashing the Scions of Sobek upon the world. He manipulated the crocodile-headed sorcerers into hunting down Heru-Ra. The Scions clashed with the Freedom League at the newly-christened Pyramid Plaza, with all but The Scarab falling prey to their mind control. The Scarab managed to break their hold over the League with the aid of the rookie psionic hero Brainstorm, but the effort cost both of them their lives.

As far as the public knew, Alexander Rhodes suffered a fatal brain aneurysm (which was technically true). At his request, his comrades on the Freedom League interred his corpse in a secret chamber inside The Scarab's Lair, the underground base Rhodes had constructed beneath Pyramid Plaza. In accordance with his departed friend's wishes and contingency plans, Daedalus created cloned bodies which were interred at Rhodes' public grave and a fake burial chamber in The Lair, as decoys. Brainstorm was posthumously inducted into the Freedom League, and iconography depicting both him and The Scarab can be found on Heroes Knoll and all around Pyramid Plaza. In accordance with Rhodes' last will & testament, controlling interest in the Rhodes Foundation passed to his trusted assistant, Maria Hernandez. She also inherited the secret responsibility for taking care of The Scarab's Lair, the underground base Rhodes had constructed beneath Pyramid Plaza. As Maria aged, she passed this sacred trust to her daughter, Sofia Cruz, who also eventually took her mother's place at the head of the Rhodes Foundation.

As he'd promised, Adrian Eldritch cast a spell immediately after The Scarab's death, obscuring any attempt by Kantor to locate his next incarnation. Unfortunately, this spell made it impossible for any of The Scarab's fellow heroes to locate her either, so she was left to her own devices. Although she was conceived at the moment of Rhodes' death, it would be nearly 30 years before the next incarnation of Heru-Ra became fully aware of her own destiny.

[floatl][img=http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/wiki/images/8/85/TheScarabDCAUStyle.jpg][/floatl][b]Elena Guerrero[/b]

Elena Guerrero's parents were illegal Mexican immigrants, who made it over the border just in time for her to be born in Southern California, becoming an American citizen by default. Eventually, her family made their home in Santa Lucia, a small town with a large (and poor) Latino population. Her upbringing couldn't help but be "multicultural."

Some children are born with a silver spoon in their mouths. Elena's parents would say that instead she was born with a sword in one hand and a shield in the other. As a child, her play consisted of fantastic games of make-believe featuring brave warrior-princes clashing with evil sorcerers on ancient battlefields. As childhood gave way to adolescence, childish games stood aside to make room for Noble Causes. Elena was never without a cause to champion, though the exact nature of that cause seemed to change with amusing regularity. Still, it was courage, conviction, and an unhealthy sense of adventure that had driven her parents across the border in the first place, and they had no intention of squashing these same qualities in their own daughter. So they indulged her as much as they were able.

An above-average student, Elena managed to win a scholarship to Freedom City University, where she earned both her undergraduate degree and her Juris Doctorate. As a lawyer, she planned to fight injustice and oppression, to fight for those who couldn't fight for themselves. During her tenure at FCU, Elena was amazed how Freedom City felt more like "home" to her than any place she had ever visited. Sometimes, she would spend hours just standing on the observation deck of Pyramid Plaza, daydreaming about flying across the skyline.

Unfortunately, her graduation from FCU Law School was a bittersweet occasion, as both her parents had succumbed to cancer mere days before the ceremony. And these were not isolated incidents. Many people were dying premature, cancer-ridden deaths in Santa Lucia, as a direct result of illegal toxic waste dumping by Locusta Pharmaceuticals, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Grant Conglomerates. But it was the poor Latino residents who were dying, while the White upper-class (a minority in population but a majority in power and resources) looked the other way.

[floatr][img=http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/wiki/images/0/03/MichelleRodriguezAsElenaGuerrero02.jpg][/floatr]The townspeople finally organized and put together a class-action suit against Locusta, but they couldn't find a lawyer to try the case who they could afford. That is, until Elena, fresh out of law school, volunteered to try the case pro-bono. Despite her lack of experience, the townsfolk were enthusiastic. To them, she was "one of us," a local-kid-done-good. Besides, they had accumulated a mountain of evidence and a list of witnesses a mile long. It was an open-&-shut case.

Which is why everyone was so surprised when they lost. They underestimated Locusta's influence as much as they overestimated Locusta's ethics. Witnesses either disappeared or recanted their testimony. Evidence was lost or destroyed. New evidence "appeared" or was manufactured. The jury didn't even bother to deliberate before handing in a verdict in favor of Locusta.

The *crack* of the judge's gavel coming down echoed like a thunderclap in Elena's head, setting off explosions behind her eyes. Suddenly, everything became clear to her. Her mind started randomly reaching out into the thoughts of others. She saw past events as if they were happening in the present. She saw the bribes, the threats, the lies. She staggered out of the courtroom, overwhelmed and demoralized. It was her first and last case.

Her defeat utterly disillusioned Elena regarding the entire legal system. She decided that, if the system was being so easily and thoroughly subverted by Evil, then she needed to restore the balance. Elena spent the next few years learning to control and expand her powers, and learning how to profit from them. Precognition helped her make a substantial profit on the stock market (and one state lottery). Telepathy paved the way for a new career as an "independent legal consultant." She helped select juries, verify witness testimony, and stay one step ahead of the opposing legal teams. None of her clients knew about her superhuman abilities; they thought she was "just that good." Most law firms paid top dollar for her services, though she was known to aid certain sincere "underdog" causes for free.

The money started piling up, almost faster than she could spend it. She began donating it to charity, starting with several anonymous donations to both the private citizens and public institutions of Santa Lucia. But in all those years, no matter how many cases she helped win or how much money she gave away, her sleep was plagued with nightmares. She couldn't rid herself of the nagging feeling in the back of her mind that it wasn't enough. That she had to do more.

Three years to the day of her crushing defeat in that first courtroom, Elena found herself back in Freedom City. The closer she got to Downtown, the clearer the visions became. By the time she reached Pyramid Plaza, she remembered the location of the secret entrance to The Lair. She realized that she wasn't merely daydreaming about flying across the skyline. She was actually reaching out with her mind, extending her senses beyond her physical body. Once inside The Lair, once inside her Lair, everything finally made sense. She remembered everything.

Minutes later, Sofia Cruz crept down into The Lair, shotgun in hand, responding the to the alarms reporting a security breach. She was skeptical of Elena at first, but Elena passed every test. She identified the fake tomb for what it was, and identified the true resting place of Alexander Rhodes. She was able to tell Sofia things, things about herself, about her mother, about Rhodes, that no one else would know, that no one else could know. Eventually, Sofia was convinced, and pledged her renewed support. Soon, all the pieces were in place. At long last, almost thirty years since his death, The Scarab was reborn, and ready to make up for lost time.

In and out of costume, Elena carries herself with an air of nobility. She radiates the calm confidence of someone who really has "seen it all;" very little surprises her anymore. Some people mistake her demeanor for repression at first, but in her interacts it quickly becomes clear that she isn't pent up, merely serene. She is incredibly empathic, always looking for the best in people even when they can't see it themselves, always looking for ways to settle conflicts peacefully and turn yesterday's enemies into today's allies. The fact that she hasn't already tried to just take over the world and turn everyone into her puppets, after dealing with Humanity for 5,000 years, is a testament to an almost saintly capacity for restraint and understanding.

However, that "air of nobility" cuts both ways. She expects her words to carry weight, for others to defer to her experience, and so she has very little patience for being questioned or second-guessed, especially on the battlefield. And although her patience is legendary, once a foe (or even a comrade) has reached its limits, she swings completely to the other end of the spectrum with alarming alacrity. There is no gradual progression between "understanding counselor" and "ruthless warrior" with The Scarab, but a switch (albiet a weighty one, difficult to flip).

Between remembering 5,000 years worth of accumulated life experience and being the most powerful telepath in the history of the world, The Scarab tends to be uncomfortably (and unconsciously) blunt in social interaction. She usually stops short of insulting people or hurting their feelings, but she also speaks frankly about taboo subjects and gives voice to matters others leave unspoken. She knows too much about how the human mind works to avoid some measure of manipulation in her interactions, but she rarely has the patience for employing or indulging outright deception.

When it comes to matters of the heart and the flesh, Heru-Ra has always been open-minded, in any incarnation. After accumulating so much experience on both sides of the gender barrier, watching the fickle standards of beauty change from one culture and generation to the next, while peering into the very minds and souls of so many people, she no longer places much importance upon the particular body those souls come wrapped in. In short, she's bisexual, and at one point or another, she's probably tried everything, in all possible combinations, from all possible points of view.

When Elena puts on the mask of The Scarab, she changes her persona noticeably to match. Her speech pattern and word choice leans far toward the formal and the dramatic. Like most heroes from the Silver Age, she is prone to grand gestures, long-winded moralizing, and downright hammy speeches. She does not "speak." She proclaims.

Ultimately, the soul of Heru-Ra is a hero in any incarnation. An unbreakable spirit, courageous, generous, and unflinchingly self-sacrificing, often to a fault.

The Scarab is the archetypal "Psionic" superhero. She is a master of the art of exerting her will upon the world around her, both physical objects and the thoughts and minds of others. This allows her to move objects (including herself) as if she had the strength of thousands, without touching them, at amazing speeds (potentially turning any object into a "bullet"). She can project her thoughts into the minds of others (overwhelming them to the point of pain or even injury if she chooses), and read their thoughts as well. She can even seize direct control of other minds entirely, directing their actions like a puppeteer, or erasing and rewriting their memories as she chooses. Her senses are not bound by her physical body, or even time or space. She can push her sight out past her eyes, scanning her surroundings with incredible speed and experiencing faraway events as if she were present, or she can dredge up the psychic echoes left in places and objects, viewing past events which occurred around them. With effort, she can even extend her perceptions into the future. Such prophetic visions often come to her without any active effort on her part, especially in her dreams.

[hr][/hr]

[b]Dating Catwoman:[/b] The Scarab's previous incarnation had a "complicated" relationship with the supervillain Bombshell. Thanks to The Scarab's reincarnation and Bombshell's immortality, they have rekindled that relationship.

[b]Enemy:[/b] Tan-Aktor is, to say the least, not pleased to learn that his nemesis has returned.

[b]Justice:[/b] Heru-Ra isn't any significantly more difficult to manipulate than he ever was. Elena's in-born sense of justice and nobility are like conveniently-placed handles bolted to her back for easy steering.

[b]Keep Your Enemies Closer:[/b] The offices of Johnathan Grant (Grant Conglomerates) and Hieronymus King (Majestic Industries) are a stone's throw away from both Elena's apartment in Pyramid Plaza, and her secret headquarters beneath it. Constantine Urallos rents office space for Delphic Industries [i]and[/i] one of the penthouse apartments. Which he sometimes uses [i]to host meetings with the inner circle of The Labyrinth[/i]. Elena is, of course, totally ignorant of all this.

[b]Legacy:[/b] Heru-Ra has been walking the Earth for a very long time, making friends and enemies, accumulating and collecting debts, and generally building a past full of elements which could come back to bite her in the ass at any moment.

[b]Peeps:[/b] If Sofia Cruz, Maria Hernandez, or their families or friends are ever in danger, Elena will feel personally responsible for rescuing them. If any villains ever discover the link between them and The Scarab, exploiting that information will be the worst mistake they ever make.

[b]Pretender To The Throne:[/b] Some people doubt the legitimacy of Elena's claim to the legacy of The Scarab.

[b]Prejudice:[/b] Elena is female, Hispanic, openly bisexual, and "New Money" (or "[i]Nouveau Riche[/i]," as they are called only by the [i]super[/i]-pretentious). There's a whole [i]salad bar[/i] of differences for bigots to disapprove of here.

[b]Reputation:[/b] The Scarab's romantic relationship with the supervillain Bombshell (or at least, accusations thereof) is now a matter of public record. Opinions differ, to say the least.

[b]Secret:[/b] Identity. If any of The Scarab's enemies ever learn who she is, the other residents of Pyramid Plaza will probably see their property values plummet and their insurance premiums skyrocket.

[b][u]Abilities[/u]:[/b] (-2) + 0 + 0 + 12 + 12 + 8 = 30PP

Strength: 08 (-1)

Dexterity: 10 (+0)

Constitution: 10 (+0)

Intelligence: 22 (+6)

Wisdom: 22 (+6)

Charisma: 18 (+4)

[b][u]Combat[/u]:[/b] 8 + 8 = 16PP

Attack: +4, +12 Telekinesis

Grapple: +3, +24 Telekinesis

Defense: +12/+4 (+4 Base, +8/+0 Shield), +2 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -0, -6 Force Field

[b][u]Saving Throws[/u]:[/b] 5 + 5 + 13 = 23PP

Toughness: +0, +12 Force Field

Fortitude: +5 (+0 Con, +5)

Reflex: +5 (+0 Dex, +5)

Will: +19 (+6 Wis, +13)

[b][u]Skills[/u]:[/b] 68R = 17PP

Concentrate 9 (+15)

Diplomacy 1 (+5)

Language 1 (English [Native], Spanish)

Notice 19 (+25)

Search 19 (+25)

Sense Motive 19 (+25)

Beginners Luck

Benefit 3 (Status [Legacy], Wealth 2 [Rich])

Connected

Equipment 0 (+7 Veteran Reward)

Jack of All Trades

Improvised Tools

Quick Change (Morphic-Molecule Costume)

Skill Mastery (Diplomacy, Notice, Search, Sense Motive)

Speed of Thought

Trance

[quote name="Equipment 7PP = 35EP"]

[b][u]The Scarab's Lair (PL14 HQ)[/u][/b] [35EP]

[i]The Scarab's Lair is an underground pyramid buried beneath the foundations of Pyramid Plaza. Though decorated with an Ancient Egyptian motif, those aged facades conceal the highly advanced technology that maintains the entire complex. The Lair is detailed in Freedom City Atlas #2, and [url=http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1525&start=0]this thread[/url].[/i]

[b]Size:[/b] Huge [3EP]

[b]Toughness:[/b] +15 [2EP]

[b]Features:[/b] [30EP]

Communications

Computers 2 (Masterwork)

Concealed 2 (+15 DC)

Defense System (Blast) (Scarab-Bots)

Fire Prevention System

Gym

Holding Cells (Nullify)

Infirmary 2 (Masterwork)

Laboratory 2 (Masterwork)

Library 2 (Masterwork)

Living Space

Personnel (Scarab-Bots)

Pool

Power 2 (56PP)

Power System

Security System 5 (DC40)

Self-Repairing (Scarab-Bots)

Think-Tank (Journals From Past Lives)

Workshop 2 (Masterwork)

[i]The Scarab-Bots are tiny robotic scarab beetles, made from a gleaming gold/titanium alloy. Swarms of them scuttle throughout the Lair, guided by a rudimentary artificial intelligence. Each scarab-bot is equipped with a powerful miniaturized energy blaster, used as much for utility as for combat. Their primary function is to maintain, repair, and defend the Lair, though they are capable of other basic tasks.[/i]

[b]Powers:[/b]

[b]Teleport 10 ([/b]200,000 miles, [i]Extras:[/i] Accurate, Duration 2 [Continuous], Portal 2, [i]Flaws:[/i] Limited [Others], Limited [To/From HQ], [i]Feats:[/i] Change Direction, Progression [Portal Size] 1 [10ft x 10ft][b])[/b] [52PP]

[i]The Scarab's teleportals appear to be giant glowing ankh-shaped holes in space, surrounded by crackling lightning. In order to use the teleporter, the subject must either be in the teleporter junction room of The Scarab's Lair, or else they must have a Scarab's Lair Teleport Beacon, a small device about the size of a quarter which sends a radio signal to the computer controlling the teleporter. Any power which interferes with Radio Communication or Radio senses will prevent the beacon from working, and the subject will gain a Hero Point for the Complication. Possession of a beacon requires that the character pay 1PP for a Benefit or Feature, and that they be on [url=http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1525&start=0#p31480]the list[/url] of characters to whom The Scarab has granted access.[/i][/quote]

[b][u]Powers:[/u][/b] 11 + 9 + 1 + 3 + 22 + 3 + 52 + 12 = 113PP

[b][i]Descriptors:[/i][/b] Enlightenment, [i]Ka[/i], Mental, Past-Life Memory, Psionic, Psychic, Reincarnation, Telekinetic, Telepathic

[b]Communication 9 ([/b]Mental, 20,000 miles, [i]Extras:[/i] Linked [Mind Reading], [i]Feats:[/i] Subtle[b])[/b] [10PP] [b]+ Mind Reading 1 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Action 2 [Free], Linked [Communication], [i]Flaws:[/i] Duration [Instant], Limited [Surface Thoughts][b])[/b] [1PP] (Telepathy)

[b]Comprehend 4 ([/b]Languages 3 [Read/Write Any, Speak Any, Understand Any], Spirits 1, [i]Feats:[/i] Variable Descriptor [Past-Life Memory, Telepathy][b])[/b] [9PP]

[b]Features 1 ([/b]Scarab's Lair Teleport Beacon[b])[/b] [1PP]

[b]Flight 1 ([/b]10mph / 100ft per Move Action, [i]Feats:[/i] Subtle[b])[/b] [3PP] (Telekinetic Flight)

[b]Force Field 12 + Shield 8 ([/b]Linked, [i]Feats:[/i] Selective, Subtle[b])[/b] [22PP] (Precognition, Telekinesis, Telepathy)

[b]Immunity 6 ([/b]Fear, Interaction Skills, [i]Flaws:[/i] Limited [1/2 Effect][b])[/b] [3PP]

[b]Psionics 22 ([/b]44PP Array, [i]Feats:[/i] Alternate Power 8[b])[/b] [52PP]

[list][b][u]Base Power:[/u] Mind Reading 14 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Action 2 [Free/Move], [i]Feats:[/i] Subtle[b])[/b] [43PP] [b]+ Super-Senses 1 ([/b]Normal Mental Sense, [i]Extras:[/i] Analytical[b])[/b] [1PP] (Telepathy)

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u]

Concealment 10 ([/b]All Senses, [i]Flaws:[/i] Phantasm, [i]Feats:[/i] Close Range, Progression [Save DC] 4 [DC24], Selective[b])[/b] [16PP]

[b]Flight 9 ([/b]Rank 10, 10,000mph / 100,000ft per Move Action[b])[/b] [18PP]

[b]Move Object 2 ([/b]STR 10, [i]Extras:[/i] Range [Perception], [i]Feats:[/i] Precise, Subtle[b])[/b] [8PP]

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Damage 14 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Alternate Save [Will], Mental, Range 2 [Perception], [i]Flaws:[/i] Action [Full], [i]Feats:[/i] Subtle[b])[/b] [43PP] (Mental Blast)

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Emotion Control 14 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Area [General, Burst, Attached], Selective, [i]Flaws:[/i] Action [Full], [i]Feats:[/i] Progression [Area] 1 [140ft radius], Subtle[b])[/b] [44PP]

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] ESP 9 ([/b]All Senses, 20,000 miles, [i]Extras:[/i] Duration [Sustained], Simultaneous, [i]Flaws:[/i] Action 2 [Full], [i]Feats:[/i] Rapid 7 [x10,000,000], Subtle[b])[/b] [44PP] (Clairvoyance)

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Mind Control 14 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Conscious, Instant Command, [i]Flaws:[/i] Action [Full], [i]Feats:[/i] Mental Link, Subtle[b])[/b] [44PP]

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Move Object 12 ([/b]STR 60, [i]Extras:[/i] Range [Perception], [i]Feats:[/i] Accurate 4, Precise, Subtle[b])[/b] [42PP] (Telekinesis)

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Stun 14 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Alternate Save [Will], Mental, Range 2 [Perception], [i]Flaws:[/i] Action [Full], [i]Feats:[/i] Sedation, Subtle[b])[/b] [44PP]

[b][u]Alternate Power:[/u] Transform 14 ([/b][i]Extras:[/i] Alternate Save [Will], Duration [Continuous], Mental, Range [Perception], [i]Flaws:[/i] Action [Full], [i]Feats:[/i] Subtle[b])[/b] [43PP] (Memory Alteration)[/list]

[b]Super-Senses 12 ([/b]Danger Sense [Mental], Mental Awareness [Mental], Normal Mental Sense [[i]Extras:[/i] Accurate 2, Acute, Radius, Ranged], Postcognition 4, Uncanny Dodge [Mental][b])[/b] [12PP]

[b][u]Drawbacks[/u][/b] 0PP

[None]

[code]ATTACK                         RANGE              SAVE                       EFFECT

Unarmed                        Touch              DC14 Toughness (Staged)    Damage

Emotion Control                Perception/Area    DC24 Will (Staged)         Emotion Control

Memory Alteration              Perception         DC24 Will                  Transform

Mental Blast                   Perception         DC29 Will (Staged)         Damage

Mind Control                   Perception         DC(D20+14) Will            Mind Control

Telepathy                               Perception         DC(D20+1/+14) Will         Mind Reading

Stun                           Perception         DC24 Will (Staged)         Stun

Telekinesis                    Perception         Grapple check              Grappled

Telekinesis (Thrown Object)    Ranged             DC27 Toughness (Staged)    Damage
Abilities (30) + Combat (16) + Saving Throws (23) + Skills (17) + Feats (11) + Powers (113) - Drawbacks (0) = 210/210 Power Points

Doktor'd

Gabriel

Change in skills.

Take the following:

Knowledge (Popular Culture) 8 (+10)

Knowledge (Streetwise) 8 (+10)

Perform (Oratory] 8 (+18/+10)

Perform (Singing) 8 (+18/+10)

And make it the following:

Knowledge (Popular Culture) 6 (+8)

Knowledge (Streetwise) 6 (+8)

Perform (Oratory) 6 (+16/+8)

Perform (Singing) 6 (+16/+8)

Please add the following:

Perform (Acting) 8 (+18/+10)

Done by Sandman XI

It was pointed out that, for Equipment, only the Leather Jacket would actually require EP; local house rules state that things like phones and such are free, barring them being "tricked out". Thus, I submit this revised request.

Equipment wrote:

Cell Phone[0ep]

Laptop [0ep]

Digital Audio Recorder [0ep]

PDA [0ep]

Leather Jacket (+1 Toughness) [1ep]

Weighted Gloves (Damage 2 [Power Feat: Mighty]) [3ep]

Night Vision Goggles [1ep]

Edit: Also, please change the following.

Speech Color: Underlined Red

To the Following:

Speech Color: Maroon

Thank you.

Done by Sandman XI