The Best At What You Do

Supremacy. Are we allowing this?

So much of my concept for Colt is built on him being the best shot with a gun that there is. I am wondering if I might be able to purchase a few ranks in supremacy on Colt's Attack?

In all of the threads Colt has ever been in, He has never missed an attack roll. Ever. If something came up a miss, I would spend a Hero Point to ensure that it did in fact hit. (part of the reason that I got so much luck for him). This seems right up that alley.

What do the refs say?

EDIT:

I would be looking for specifically:

Gun Supremacy X (Training; Extras; Flaws)

That seems like a lot of hoops, AA. We let people take other powers with flaws, especially if it better represents the concept they're going for. What makes Probability Control so special?

I doubt anyone's going to want to take more than one or two ranks anyway, but I don't see any reason for there to be a limit. If you're willing to pay for it, you should be allowed to, and it's capped by PL anyway.

First off, those of you who keep saying "there's no reason folks like Arrowhawk or Colt should have a 1-in-20/5% miss chance": it's far less than that.

1) You can Take 10 on any attack roll vs. a Minion, so you wouldn't be making rolls against what should be the majority of the foes you fight.

2) If you roll a 1, you can use an HP to re-roll. And if you're out of HPs to use to re-roll, then you're literally out of luck, so an odd miss wouldn't be inappropriate.

I'm against requiring Innate, since the Training descriptor (which is what most instances of this would have) is already semi-innate, given how rare Boost/Drain/Nullify "Training descriptor stuff" effects are.

If a majority of the Refs agree to having this, I'd say it should have just one prerequisite: you should also have Ultimate Effort for the given task.

If a majority of the Refs agree to having this, I'd say it should have just one prerequisite: you should also have Ultimate Effort for the given task.

One of the most common and useful applications of this power, attack rolls, is one of many examples of uses for this power that you can't take Ultimate Effort for.

One of the most common and useful applications of this power, attack rolls, is one of many examples of uses for this power that you can't take Ultimate Effort for.

That's not entirely true.

Ultimate Aim: When you take the time to aim an attack (see Aim,

page 154), you can spend a hero point to apply a 20 result to the

attack roll. Since the Ultimate Aim bonus is not a natural 20, it also

does not qualify as an automatic or critical hit.

Arrowhawk and Colt both have Ultimate Aim.

Ultimate Aim would be particularly lousy for melee fighters like Jack. He's going to spend an entire turn just standing there while the other guy is attacking? Not to mention that anyone with a high enough attack bonus to justify Supremacy in the first place is rarely if ever going to need a bonus badly enough to use Aim, as Ecal pointed out.