Who Are You In The Dark [IC]

Nyrath

Alex Maenheld was good at keeping secrets when it mattered. She also knew a couple of tricks to it, such as seeming to be bad at it when the secret being poorly hid was something she could afford to let slip. Most of the time she didn't think about it, keeping secrets was something she'd lived with for two years now. Lately though it was starting to bother her. Moira Morley was a great woman to know, and she'd realized the two of them shared something that was in some ways surprisingly deep. Which made keeping a lot of secrets from the olympian something which gnawed at the supernatural mongrel.

Which was also why she'd concluded that she needed to talk to her lover, about a fair number of things. Laddle up the bad stuff now that the red-head had seen the good stuff, and see if she was still welcome. This time it was a lot easier to call the goddess than that first time when she'd spent a week dittering. "Hey, Moira. Have you got some time? There's some things I think we need to talk about."

There aren't a lot of things you can at 3AM. Moira had just finished a night of watching superpowered individuals tear into each other at Superslams. She made quite a decent haul that night. Now she was a bit uppity and needed something to bring her down. If it weren't for her car she would have walked home. As she was driving back she had a mixed CD blaring, so when she felt her phone vibrate it was almost a surprise. Pulling the device from just under her, she saw it was Alex. Perfect. The music was turned off and she calmed down a bit before picking up. "[divine]Hello, baby,[/divine]" she answered warmly. Listening to Alex talk made it clear that this was not a booty call. "[divine]Of course, Alex, I've always got time for you,[/divine]" she assured her. "[divine]I'm actually on the road now, do you need me to come to you or should I make my way home and we can meet there?[/divine]"

"I think it might be best if we meet at your place. Love you Strawberry, see you there." Alex hung up, sighed and began the short chain of teleports that would put her at Moira's place before her lover got home. The purple haired hero still went by the principle of better early than late in these cases.

"[divine]Love you too, honey. Bye.[/divine]" Moira mashed the pedal down as far as it would go. That's the lovely thing about Freedom City at three o'clock in the morning. Unless you were in an alley or some seedy place of business, no one paid you mind. She drove as fast as the car would take her. By the time she got there, it appeared Alex had been waiting for her. Moira stepped spritely towards her lover, greeting her with an embrace and a passionate kiss. "[divine]Told you I wouldn't be long,[/divine]" she said looking up to her Amazonesque companion. Alex felt warm despite the cold January air. Still, it would be more comfortable inside. Holding on to Alex's hand she unlocked the door and pulled her inside. "[divine]So, what did you want to talk about, baby,[/divine]" she said slipping back into the embrace.

The embrace and passionate kiss were certainly a great start things, but Alex was a bit worried it would easily get worse as the night progressed towards morning. "Yes you did."

"[divine]So, what did you want to talk about, baby,[/divine]" she said slipping back into the embrace.
It was hard to keep from smiling too much when around Moira, and she was acting like she did now. Still, the winged lady had had practice and managed to do so. "It's mainly about me, some things I think you deserve to know." As she talked the smile retreated a bit and a somber, somewhat worried, look crept into the dark angel's eyes. "Where to start? Well, you know that I'm older than I look right?"

"[divine]Yes,[/divine]" Moira said with upward inflection. She knew a lot of things about Alex. She's at about 92 Earth years, maybe 93 years. That said, she definitely was not from Earth. And she could do a lot of nice tricks. "[divine]Is it your birthday? I had a birthday this month too.[/divine]"

"Heh, no. That's coming up on the 27th of March near as I can figure. Congratulations by the way, I'll do my best to remember it next year." Moira's good cheer was infectious. At least it kept Alex from slipping downwards emotionally. "It's due to me not being human, except if one goes by the 'one drop' rule." The dark angel references one of the more ridiculous past laws found in within the nation they're standing in as she talks. "My super-hero name is more than just a cool moniker. Remember that purebreed comment from back when we first meet? Well, it was the pure truth, I'm something of a supernatural mongrel. A quarter angel, a quarter succubus, a quarter tengu. And the last quarter is a rather convulted, but there's a smidgen of human in there." The self confessed mongrel pauses for a few moments, her look inviting any questions her lover might have at this point before continuing.

Moira let it all sink in with a moment of silence. What was a tengu? She was an angel? A succubus even? Moira smiled warmly as if nothing was wrong. Well, the revelation about her heritage did not bother her. One day (maybe if this went over well, today even) she would tell her the truth about her being a real goddess. No, the revelation was cake. Though what she was made of was sort of hard to swallow. Maybe if she asked it would alleviate some of her worries. Right now, she would just smile through the confusion and wariness. Still holding each other, Moira led Alex over to the couch and sat down, gently pulling Alex down with her. "[divine]No baby, that doesn't bother me at all,[/divine]" she lied in a delightly soft tone, "[divine]Though can I ask a few questions?[/divine]"

Moira's word were reassuring, but Alex knew on a level seperate from her heart (which heartfeltly believed what her lover said) that the redhead was likely lying a bit to reassure her. Still, what her heart felt was what gave the brown-skinned woman the strength to keep up the steady mask she currently held. "Sure, I figured you might want to ask some. There's going to be more later, but I'll answer your questions about this first."

There's going to be more later? Moira hoped that it wasn't what she thought it was. She loved Alex, hopefully it was all just a big misunderstanding. "[divine]First off, let's address the elephant in the living room,[/divine]" Moira said with a mock interviewer's tone. She obviously was still trying to lighten the mood. If this turned into a big drama scene, things could possibly get out of hand, something she didn't want. She wrapped her arms around her love and sat her in her lap,"[divine]Tell me about the succubus part of you. Is it true that you eat souls and or less savory things? If so, have you been eating mine?[/divine]"

Alex really appreciated Moira's attempts to lighten the mood, but she was still worried and that worry was creeping into the dark angels eyes. When the redhead positioning herself in the taller womans lap Maenheld embraced her gently but firmly. The self confessed part succubus seemed afraid to grip tighter for fear of hurting her lover, and afraid of loosening up in case she lost her. "No on both counts. I mean, full blooded succubi, and some half-blooded, drain life energy from individuals through kissing, and other intimacy. I can't do that, though I might learn how one day. And I wouldn't hurt you, I care about you way to much to do that."

• 2 weeks later...

Moira saw that Alex was having none of this. She sighed concernedly for her love. "[divine]I'm sorry,[/divine]" she said comforting with a hug that brought them side-to-side, "[divine]please forgive my misunderstanding.[/divine]" She looked deep into her eyes with love. "[divine]You said you're not here to hurt me. And I believe that. That's all I wanted to know. I'll never hurt you either.[/divine]" She let that sink in for a moment. "[divine]You said there would be more?[/divine]"

"Yes, I did say that." Alex is still worried, but at least she isn't getting worse, and managing a small smile at her lover's words. "The angel bit in me, that isn't something to really worry about. It helps keep me 'good' I think, base instincts are to help others and so. It's the succubus blood that I figure I need to really tell you about, and the Tengu I guess, but I'll get to that." Maenheld takes a deep breath and pauses before continuing. "I guess you understand how the infernal bit of my blood keeps me willing to be a lot more 'casual' than you in my choice of partners? Erm, it's more than that too I'm afraid. I get, urges, desires. Some of them are alright, or at least not dangerous, illegal or really immoral. Some however, scare me. I keep them bottled up, surpress those. At times I'm afraid I'll slip, actually act on one those. And then I'll have ruined something precious in this world..."

• 1 month later...

Moira nodded along as Alex talked. At least it wasn't all bad. She smiled and held close to her precious angel, happily stroking the small of her back as she spoke. When she started to talk about her succubus blood and urges, Moira stopped petting her and listened. Urges were fine. She had them herself. Then came the revelation of darker, more sinister. Oh boy, this reminded her of her times on the mountain. Edone delighted in everything she could. Everything. There was nothing that Alex could tell her that would make her bat an eye. First to calm her.

"[divine]Alex, you're part of my heart, you know that right?"[/divine] Moira smiled, "[divine]Just keep that in mind.[/divine]" She sighed, "[divine]As for your sinister urges. I'm glad you told me.[/divine]" Moira sat up in front of Alex, "[divine]I want you to make me a promise. Any time you have one of those urges: Find me. Alright? I am going to be your anchor. Do you understand?[/divine]" She smiled again and softly pecked Alex on the cheek.