Seeking Delphi (IC)

Taar

Sarah chewed her lip worriedly as she approached the bar. She wasn't entirely sure if anything truly productive would come of this. Hopefully this would give her some guidance on what she could do, or at least some decent liquor.

Entering Morley's, the woman, dressed in jeans and a green t-shirt with a stylized bear design, gave the bar a look over, taking in place's ambiance. Not seeing who she was looking for immediately, Sarah headed over to the bar. Smiling in greeting to the man behind it, she took a seat.

"Hello. May I have a rum sour, please?" After getting her drink, she takes a sip before looking up, "Is the owner, Ms. Morley, around today?"

"Hello. May I have a rum sour, please?"

"Sure thing." Thomas pulled a glass out from under the bar, set it down on top of the bar and dropped a few ice cubes in it. He turned, grabbed two bottles from the shelf behind him, and poured both at once into the glass. The metered amount of liquid poured out through the spouts and filled the glass perfectly. Setting the bottles down again, Thomas drew up a small straw, and sank it in the glass. Placing the glass on a napkin, he slid it forward across the bar. "That's $4.50. You want to keep a tab open?"

After getting her drink, she takes a sip before looking up, "Is the owner, Ms. Korley, around today?"

"Sure is. Who should I tell her is asking?"

"Sure thing." Thomas pulled a glass out from under the bar, set it down on top of the bar and dropped a few ice cubes in it. He turned, grabbed two bottles from the shelf behind him, and poured both at once into the glass. The metered amount of liquid poured out through the spouts and filled the glass perfectly. Setting the bottles down again, Thomas drew up a small straw, and sank it in the glass. Placing the glass on a napkin, he slid it forward across the bar. "That's $4.50. You want to keep a tab open?"

"Yeah, thanks."

"Sure is. Who should I tell her is asking?"

"My name's Sarah Prescott."

Thomas took the time to look at his guest a little more closely. She was young and attractive. Thomas attempted to decide if she was just another young and attractive girl at a bar. Green eyes, like mine. Thomas thought, They are sharp and focused, as well. Not unlike a wolf. I wonder... That was the thing about Lycanthropes. They smelled. Not badly, but uniquely. There was a certain mixture of skin and fur ever present on them. A smell of musk that never left them, even after taking countless showers.

Thomas breathed deeply and sifted through the various smells in Morley's. He looked past the alcohol and smoke that was constantly assaulting his nose. He focused in on this girl asking to see the manager. There was no smell of fur or musk there. But there was something else.

Blood.

It was a smell that Wolf doesn't easily forget. Every animal smells unique, and their blood is one of the strongest scents. It carries to places, and hangs on things. A few more moments, and he would know what type of blood she'd had on her...

"My name's Sarah Prescott."

Thomas was shaken back into the moment. Drawn out of his olfactory senses and back to the real world. He quickly read her body language. She's nervous, he realized, But about what?

"Sure thing, Sarah. I'll go let her know you're here." He responded, finally.

He took one last sniff at the air as he turned away from the girl. Iron, and something else. That's a new smell... Thomas realized as he walked. He stopped, removed an empty beer bottle from in front of another patron, placed it below the bar, popped the cap off of another one and placed it down in front of the man. All the while, trying to identify the new smell.

It smells like an animal. Not like a dog or cat, but a horse, and not a saddled one. It is strange and wild, like an animal that likes to run freely, yet it has a purpose all the same. I will have to ask mis-sum-tha* about this.

Thomas turned once more and left the bar through a door to the back. It didn't take him long to track down his boss. Her scent was like a strange mixture. Somehow she managed to pull off a mixture of banana and coconut. The strong after-scent of amber that followed the fruity smell made her quite easy to follow.

He found Moira talking with one of the cooks. He was pouring hot sauce over a basket of wings. The scent of the sauce bit at his nose like a clothespin had been placed on its bridge. "Moira," He began quietly, not wanting to interrupt his boss, "There's a young woman here to see you. Do you know a Sarah Prescott?" As he waited for a response, Thomas rolled up the sleeves of his button down to the elbows. It was hot in the kitchen, and his proverbial layer of fur didn't make it any cooler.

*Shawnee: Grandfather

Moira wanted to get to the pub as quickly as she could, so she had to do a quick dress. a pair of denim jeans and an open white shirt displaying a dark red bikini top. She had obviously just got back from Spring Break activities and was talking to Seth when Thomas came in. Sarah Prescott, where has she heard that name before? Oh yeah! She was the one that did that museum job with Adrian Eldrich. And busted up a cult with Knight. And had taken a few muggers off the street. Not bad for one that worked for a space program. "[divine]Yeah, I know her. Is she here for business or not?[/divine]"

Just keep biting your tongue. Moira is a well known hero, That means this Sarah girl must be as well by association. At least she must be if Moira is asking about 'business'.

Thomas buried his hands in the pockets of his grey jeans. "She did not say. Though she's ordered a Rum sour, so it would seem she plans to stay for at least a small visit."

Thomas sniffed audibly at the air. The acrid scent of the spicy food was like inhaling flames to Thomas' sensitive nose. He didn't let it phase him, though. "Looking good, Seth." He complimented the cook. Following that comment, he turned back to Moira, bringing his right hand out of his pocket, he made a motion with it as he moved the conversation along. "Shall I go ask her what she's here for? Or are you planning on just coming out anyways?"

Moira caressed Thomas's cheek with her open hand, "[divine]But of course, I'll make the drink myself. Come with me.[/divine]" She walked from the kitchen to the bar and Thomas followed. There sat Sarah Prescott in the flesh. a relatively new hero, but a hero nonetheless.Standing in front of her customer, she smiled. "[divine]Welcome to Morley's, I'm Moira,[/divine]" she said in an inviting tone, "[divine]You ordered a Rum Sour and my ear. I will give you both.[/divine]" She took out a shaker some sugar, lemon juice and rum along with a shaker, with ice cubes. "[divine]Now honey,[/divine]" she smiled lovingly as she mixed the ingredients in the shaker. She paused to shake the drink, hoping to impress her guest with her skills. "[divine]What can I do for you,[/divine]" she continued the conversation as she strained the concoction into a glass. Topping it off with two cherries, she slid the drink over to Sarah with a wink, "[divine]That one's on the house.[/divine]"

Sarah watched as the bartender headed into the back, wondering why exactly he'd been sniffing the air so heavily. Quickly downing her drink, she popped a breath mint into her mouth just in case. She sat crunching on it while quietly waiting for her hostess to hopefully appear.

The wait was not a long one as Moira Morley entered the barroom shortly thereafter, followed by the bartender. Sarah quickly swallowed the last bits of mint as she saw her. Wow. The photos did not do that woman justice. She quickly stood up as Moira approached, trying not to stare.

"[divine]Welcome to Morley's, I'm Moira,[/divine]" she said in an inviting tone, "[divine]You ordered a Rum Sour and my ear. I will give you both.[/divine]"

Smiling, Sarah offered her hand in greeting. "Hello, Ms. Morley, I'm Sarah Prescott. Thank you for your time."

She took out a shaker some sugar, lemon juice and rum along with a shaker, with ice cubes. "[divine]Now honey,[/divine]" she smiled lovingly as she mixed the ingredients in the shaker. She paused to shake the drink, hoping to impress her guest with her skills. "[divine]What can I do for you,[/divine]" she continued the conversation as she strained the concoction into a glass. Topping it off with two cherries, she slid the drink over to Sarah with a wink, "[divine]That one's on the house.[/divine]"

Retaking her seat, Sarah watched Moira expertly mix her a new drink. Nodding her appreciation for the free rum, she took a swallow while considering the redhead's question.

"Well, it's like this. Did you see the news this last Saturday about the Hunter Museum? This old sword sort of fell into my hands during the attack, and next thing I know I'm basically a superhero. And I want to do something useful with this, but I have no idea what I'm doing. I don't know anyone, well, I met this guy the other night who had powers too, but we didn't talk much, what with the demon and all. I'm just sort of stumbling around blindly here. Randomly wandering around without any sort of real plan or contacts. You've been a superhero for a few years now, even a member of the Knights when they were still around, you're identity's public, and well... You just seemed a lot more approachable than Captain Thunder."

Blushing slightly at the way she was babbling, Sarah fiddled with her glass a bit before continuing. "Anyways, I guess I was hoping for some advice or something on how to do all this," she said, waving a hand vaguely around.

When Moira had caress his face with her hand, Thomas' eyes closed and he warmed to the touch. He almost pressed closer to the hand. But it was gone before he had known it. The gesture was a loving one, or at least it would have been had Moira been a wolf. Thomas had to forcibly remind himself that she would not have known what that type of contact meant to him. Still... He sighed inwardly.

Thomas covered the rest of the bar while Moira made another drink for Sarah. He watched her work from the corner of his eye, realizing that she was much better than he currently was. He'd have to buy one of those shakers and practice at home.

Thomas collected a few more empty bottles, refilled their owners, and took their payment, depositing a number of tips in the jar near the cash register. However, his attention wasn't really on the job. He was more interested in what the two slightly older women had to say about their not-so-secret lives. Thomas had just gotten his start in the super hero business. Maybe only a short time before Sarah. However, while she was unsure of what she was supposed to be doing, he was confident. His problem, however stemmed from the sheer amount of secrets he needed to keep. From everybody.

Being a Werewolf wasn't easy. It also wasn't the type of thing that people would blindly accept. What with all of the fiction written about Werewolves and wolfmen and other monstrosities over the years, people were more likely to come after you with torches and pitchforks than a hug. Much less a loving caress like Moira had given him earlier. Thomas sighed once more.

What he did, what he stood for, went against everything that he had been taught by the Alphas of his pack, Jack, and Arianna. They preached a life of secrecy both for the safety of themselves and the other citizens of Freedom. Thomas had already slipped and let himself shift into his wolf form while on the job once. That night he had nearly killed a man, and just barely resisted mauling an already injured police officer. He gazed steadily at the bar as he thought about these things. He would need to be more careful in the future, lest a less forgiving man than Dr. Archeville discover his secret.

Turning his attention back to the bar patrons, and the girls' conversation, he hoped he might learn a thing or two tonight.

Moira smiled and gently took the girl's hand as it was offered. She thought it nice that Sarah felt it necessary to stand. Most people just sit and stare. There was nothing wrong with either reaction though. Moira discreetly scanned Sarah. Her body made Moira take notice, and her voice was absolutely dream-like.

Moira listened to Sarah's plight with solemness. She smiled warmly as the girl blushed. Now Divine was no Captain Thunder, but she would help anyone. But what advice would she give? The whole 'I'm A Superhero By Trade' business was a recent event for her. And she was just doing what she could. Maybe she could give her something. Something was better than nothing. She sighed happily, "[divine]Boy if I had a nickel for every time someone asked me that.[/divine]" I'd be five cents richer. "[divine]First off, let me give you a little advice my father gave me,[/divine]" she said wiping the bar before leaning on it and getting within whisper range of Sarah while looking her in the eye. She spoke softly, "[divine]You've got heart, that's what matters. Do you want to do good? Then you're already helping.[/divine]" She paused for a second to let the words sink in, that and she was that much closer to her. She chuckled lightly, "[divine]Now that the fortune cookie advice is over, is there anything specific you want? Or did you come here just for the inspiration?[/divine]" There was no malice in her voice, she really wished to help the girl.

Arching a brow at "fortune cookie advice," Sarah pondered for a few moments.

"I suppose most importantly, is there any sort of network or something heroes could call if they come across something they can't handle? Not trying to brag but if I hadn't happened along at the same time he did, Knight, the other hero I've met, would probably have been killed by that cult. Or someone comes across something big going down and the Freedom League happen to be in Dimension X that week." After pausing to take another drink, she continued, "Does anyone collaborate on a patrol schedule, or have some sort of central contact they can pass information through, stuff they can't make sense of themselves or that doesn't really apply to what they're working on, but might be important for some other hero?"

Looking up at Moira again, "I get that most heroes seem to be solo operators, but is anyone working to even semi-coordinate people? Just in case?"

Oh... OH! That type of help! Moira nodded with a smile to Sarah, "[divine]Of course there is, honey.[/divine]" Moira reached into her back pocket and pulled out a card and handed it to Sarah, "[divine]If you're looking for a network, you just hit the hub,[/divine]" she winked. "[divine]Here's where you can reach me at that number at any time,[/divine]" she said tapping the card, "[divine]As for others, I could introduce you to them. Hold on a second.[/divine]" Moira came around the bar and sat in the seat right next to Sarah. "[divine]As for a contract, there are none. Not that I know of. Their might be on bigger teams, but the Knights just were some concerned people that wanted to help. And recently, me and a friend or two just go out to help.[/divine]" She smiled and leaned in close with a whisper, "[divine]Don't tell anyone, but I've been thinking about starting an 'organized team'.[/divine]"

A team of heroes. Hmmm. Lukos continued listening to their conversation. When Moira produced the card, he tried sniffing at the air to see if he could detect some manner of scent coming from the card. It may give him a clue as to what it said.

There was a touch of the outside to that smell. It was some kind of perfume, but Thomas did not know its name. Though it reminded him of everything that was green.

The interesting bits of that scent played themselves across Thomas' senses. He could not bring himself to interject in their conversation just yet. He wanted to know more.

Moira nodded and leaned back on the bar, "[divine]Me and my partner, Mongrel Angel, are thinking of setting up a team of female superheroes. We just haven't hit on any promising prospects or the ones that were promising were busy with other things or just wanted to fly solo.[/divine]" She shrugged, "[divine]So yeah, it's been a little slow on the uptake. Then again, it's just one of those childhood dreams, you know? To be on a team.[/divine]" She sighed, "[divine]Maybe I'm just trying too hard.[/divine]" She chuckled, "[divine]That's never stopped me before though.[/divine]"

"There is something to be said for wanting to belong." Thomas interjected lightly, as he placed a cleaned glass back under the Bar across from the two girls. "Sorry, I could not help but over hear. But then what kind of bartender would I be if I was not always listening." Thomas shrugged, and moved along to take another man's order further down the bar. He thought to himself as he worked. It is not just a human desire either. And sometimes I wonder why I love my pack so much.

"I used to dream of being a superhero when I was a child, but I never gave it any serious consideration before all this just fell on me. Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind having some people I could rely on, so I'm interested at least."

"Thanks for the talk, Moira." Finishing her drink, Sarah pulled out a notepad and wrote down her contact information. "Here you go."

Moira smiled as she heard that Sarah would rely on her. It felt good to be needed. This whole superhero thing wasn't a bad deal after all. It was a slow and steady process though. Maybe they would be up thee with the Knights or even the Freedom League. Heh, it was fun to dream. She took Sarah's information an looked at it before committing it to memory and putting it in her front jeans pocket. Standing up from the chair, she gave Sarah a friendly hug. "[divine]You're welcome,[/divine]" she answered warmly. Letting go, Moira put her hands on her hips, "[divine]If you're not busy, stick around. The evening is young.[/divine]"

"Sure, I'd be happy to."

At Moira's invitation, Sarah spent the next several hours getting to know her. Copious amounts of alcohol were drank while Sarah proved to be rather horrible at pool. After getting to know Moira fairly well and opening up a great deal more than she usually does, Sarah finally bid goodbye to her new friend around midnight, leaving to begin her patrol for the night.