Touring the City, Pt 2

Thevshi

(this takes place a few days after part 1)

"This is Amy Feng, reporting for the Channel 3 Action New Team. A small crime spree begun by a group of gang members that were apparently using the drug Zoom has been halted by the young heroine known as Velocity. The superspeed chase with four gang members that were using the drug began in the Southern part of Midtown, went through the Waterfont and finally came to an end here in Riverside Park, where the speedster heroine stopped the last two of the gang members."

--------------------------------------------------------

Velocity looked away from the small crowd, which included at least one news crew, that was nearby where she was standing with the police who were putting the two unconscious gang members into the back of an ambulance, with police guards in case they woke up before the drug wore off. This was the part of hero work she liked the least, having to sit around with the police and give them a statement. It just took soooooo long.

The impressive Sentry Statue rose up in the air not much more than one hundred meters from where she had finally stopped the last two of the Zoom using gang members. Thankfully she had been cruising through the area when they had started their little superspeed crime spree, so they had not done too much harm before she had left a few of them unconscious over the couple of miles the chase had covered.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny was channel surfing. Between re-runs of Golden Girls and Beverly Hills 90210, he was getting amazingly bored. Suddenly, he saw the girl he met the other day. He recognized the area of town, and decided to go for a little run.

In a couple of seconds, he was on the scene.

He was watching Velocity seem extremely bored leaning up against a police cruiser, talking to a police officer with a notepad. Johnny smiled and waved to her, when her eyes glanced her way.

Johnny was channel surfing. Between re-runs of Golden Girls and Beverly Hills 90210, he was getting amazingly bored. Suddenly, he saw the girl he met the other day. He recognized the area of town, and decided to go for a little run.

He was watching Velocity seem extremely bored leaning up against a police cruiser, talking to a police officer with a notepad. Johnny smiled and waved to her, when her eyes glanced her way.

Velocity was finishing up her statement when she spotted someone waiving at her away from the small crowd that had gathered. She recognized the young boy that had talked with her about having powers a couple of days ago, and she sighed slightly, hoping he would not go off on some rant about how the two of them were freaks again. At least he seemed to be smiling this time.

As the officer thanked her for her help and statement, Velocity gave him a wide smile as she replied, “No problem officer, just trying to help out.â€Â

With that she was off and came to a halt over near Johnny. “Hey kid. How you doing?†She asked.

Velocity was finishing up her statement when she spotted someone waiving at her away from the small crowd that had gathered. She recognized the young boy that had talked with her about having powers a couple of days ago, and she sighed slightly, hoping he would not go off on some rant about how the two of them were freaks again. At least he seemed to be smiling this time.

As the officer thanked her for her help and statement, Velocity gave him a wide smile as she replied, “No problem officer, just trying to help out.â€Â

With that she was off and came to a halt over near Johnny. “Hey kid. How you doing?†She asked.

“Teach you?†Velocity asked, not sure if she felt up to teaching some kid how to use his powers. “Well….first thing you will probably want to do is get yourself something to hide who you are.†She then added, indicating the fact he was standing there in his normal clothes.

(ooc though my picture does not show it, Velocity actually wears a mask and goggles, with a brunette wig as well)

“Teach you?†Velocity asked, not sure if she felt up to teaching some kid how to use his powers. “Well….first thing you will probably want to do is get yourself something to hide who you are.†She then added, indicating the fact he was standing there in his normal clothes.

(ooc though my picture does not show it, Velocity actually wears a mask and goggles, with a brunette wig as well)

"A costume? Oh boy. I am gonna be a real hero just like you." Johnny's eyes widened like it was his birthday...

"Wait here a second I will be right back!" Johnny left with a flash.

Within 60 seconds, he was back sporting a Bicycle helmet, some old WWI pilot goggles (rummaged through some old boxes in the garage), and a red Tee-Shirt with a big black "X" on it.

"I am Johnny..." Johnny looked down at his clothes and the only distinguishing feature was the X on his shirt. "Johnny... X... X-treme... Yeah. Johnny X-treme!"

"I am here as a special agent in training under Instructor Agent Velocity!" Johnny suddenly stopped slouching, stood up straight and tall and gave Velocity a BIG SALUTE! "I am at your service..."

Johnny had a big smile on his face, waiting for his first orders.

"A costume? Oh boy. I am gonna be a real hero just like you." Johnny's eyes widened like it was his birthday...

Within 60 seconds, he was back sporting a Bicycle helmet, some old WWI pilot goggles (rummaged through some old boxes in the garage), and a red Tee-Shirt with a big black "X" on it.

"I am Johnny..." Johnny looked down at his clothes and the only distinguishing feature was the X on his shirt. "Johnny... X... X-treme... Yeah. Johnny X-treme!"

"I am here as a special agent in training under Instructor Agent Velocity!" Johnny suddenly stopped slouching, stood up straight and tall and gave Velocity a BIG SALUTE! "I am at your service..."

Velocity was glad to see that the kid was not spazzing out and calling himself a freak anymore. When he took off, she waited where they had been talking, things starting to return to normal as the police left and the crowd pretty much dispersed. She passed the time waiting looking at some of the guys that were jogging though the park.

When Johnny suddenly returned, with a thrown together costume, she smiled. “That should be good enough.â€Â

Looking around the park was not too full, as the weather was too cold for too many people to be interested in the outdoors. “So, besides running fast, what else can you do?†She asked. “or have you not figured out anything else yet?â€Â

Velocity was glad to see that the kid was not spazzing out and calling himself a freak anymore. When he took off, she waited where they had been talking, things starting to return to normal as the police left and the crowd pretty much dispersed. She passed the time waiting looking at some of the guys that were jogging though the park.

When Johnny suddenly returned, with a thrown together costume, she smiled. “That should be good enough.â€Â

Looking around the park was not too full, as the weather was too cold for too many people to be interested in the outdoors. “So, besides running fast, what else can you do?†She asked. “or have you not figured out anything else yet?â€Â

“Oh yeah, that.†Velocity replied, recalling when he had mentioned that during their first meeting.

“Well, I can do that as well, basically I set off a sonic boom that covers about a third of a football field. It can be pretty damaging, so I don’t do that too often. That’s what I said last time about not panicking. I often run fast enough to break the sound barrier, but if you do it right, you won’t always set off a sonic boom like that.â€Â

She looked around and the back at Johnny. “Lets find a more empty area in the park and see if you cant duplicate that.†She sped off, going fast enough so Johnny could keep up and then stopped in a big empty field.

â€ÂGo over to that end and try to do what you did in your classroom.†She said, pointing about a hundred fee from where she was.

“Oh yeah, that.†Velocity replied, recalling when he had mentioned that during their first meeting.

“Well, I can do that as well, basically I set off a sonic boom that covers about a third of a football field. It can be pretty damaging, so I don’t do that too often. That’s what I said last time about not panicking. I often run fast enough to break the sound barrier, but if you do it right, you won’t always set off a sonic boom like that.â€Â

She looked around and the back at Johnny. “Lets find a more empty area in the park and see if you cant duplicate that.†She sped off, going fast enough so Johnny could keep up and then stopped in a big empty field.

â€ÂGo over to that end and try to do what you did in your classroom.†She said, pointing about a hundred fee from where she was.