Tag, You're It! (IC)

Sandman XI

This neighborhood is in the process of being built. Houses are up on skeletons and some walls are even up. This would be Tag Team's hit tonight. They need practice for a bigger score they have planned later. This is an ample canvas. The three boys sneak around, even though they know no one is there. Better safe than sorry. First up is Toykiller. The maverick of the group is of the 'me first' attitude. His brothers-in-arms, Tag and Burner, watch his back as he begins spray painting his first wall art of the night. As time goes by the picture begins to materialize. It is a mermaid doing something mermaids shouldn't be able to do! Definitely something a homeowner wouldn't want on their house. Little do the boys know, they are not alone. Lidaelle happens to patrol South Freedom. Wesley happens to be flying through. This will not be good for the boys's night.

Lida has embraced the superhero culture, and the whole culture of being different. And when you're a superhero, you do patrols. It's a classic! So sure enough, she bounds along the rooftops, peering down, and makes her way to a half-built section of the south side. Construction sites attract criminals with startling regularity. Probably all the dark corners to hide in, or something.

Lidaelle gives another enormous leap and comes down on one of the half-finished buildings, leering down at the sudden signs of movement. For a moment, she's almost not convinced this is worth attending to, but it is technically a crime. Making a few quick leaps to put herself a little closer to their level, Lidaelle looks at the three and, deciding to be sporting to the group of punks, calls out. "Graffiti is a crime, boys. In your case, it's also a crime against taste and, on further examination, probably anatomically impossible." She gives another enormous leap, trying to impress the scale of the problem on these petty criminals, and swings around one of the iron bars for a little extra flair. Nonetheless, in this city EVERYONE seemed to have superpowers, so she still lurks on the building across from them. No point in making herself an easy target. "If you give yourselves up without me having to hurt you, I think it's just a fine."

"Oh crap," Toykiller shouts sarcastically, "It's a hero who thinks it's an art critic!" The other two boys laugh. "Or at last some kind of bug," Tag follows up, "Come on little bug, we ain't doin nothin bad, are we? We just wanna share some pictures with the world." Wesley sees the commotion from the air. It looks like trouble. Who would be out here this late? Definitely trouble. As Wesley swoop down from on high the three boys appear agitated. "You didn't tell us you brought back up, bug brain!" Wesley looks to Lidaelle, "Friends of yours?"

Lidaelle turned to the new arrival. "Hardly. I think they're actually resisting arrest now. I tried the 'ask nicely' thing already." Lidaelle tensed, muscles coiling. "Now I think I'm just going to have to hit them." As she prepared to lunge, Lidaelle sized the three up again. She still couldn't convince herself that they were anything more than street punks. "You're welcome to join in, but not too hard - I don't think they know what they're getting into." Her legs snapped out, throwing her into the air, as she landed just above the three on the building and sized up the first attack. "Everyone has to learn sometime, though."

"You'll never take us alive, coppas!" Tag shouted with glee as he pulled out a spray can and began spraying himself. He began to fade to fade from view. Like the paint was making him invisible!

"Man you always get the cool lines," Burner snickers. He rushes toward the unfinished mermaid while pulling out a spraycan. "Sorry Toykilla, man, gotta borrow Lucy here for a second." With a quick spray the mermaid sprang from the wall and smiled, ready to take it's master's command.

Toykiller isn't mad. Burner had done this before. Still it's always sad to see a piece go. He has to come up with something quick. It wasn't drastic enough to use his melting powers so he tried to bring down the winged man to him! "Hey you! Bird man! You chicken? I got your chicken right here!" Toykiller flips the double deuce!

Wesley shakes his head. He would facepalm, but there is no time for facepalming! He had to deal with these wiseguys! First order of business, the rude one who apparently thinks Wesley is number one, twice over. A thick and fleshy black tentacle shoots out of Wesley's hand and misses Toykiller. Wesley sighs, "You know you boys could be home studying for school or something. You could make your lives a whole lot better. But no, you gotta do that wannabe villain thing. How's that working out for you?"

Lidaelle watched as the display confirmed her fears - not only were they jerks, but they were jerks with superpowers! This town really did attract superpowers almost too well sometimes. Well, on the plus side, at least she had a decent reason to hit them now. Leaping down, Lidaelle lashed out with a kick at the rapidly-vanishing tagger, feeling it slice harmlessly through the air. That was the problem with trying to kick invisible people. As she settled back into a fighting stance, she noticed the mermaid coming to life. "Well. This can't be good in the least." Lidaelle leapt again, doing her best to put distance between her and the punks and plan a new approach. "Even the street punks have powers."

Stealth is Tag's only ally now. No one can see him. Not his partners. Not the two heroes. It was liberating, really. He runs towards the cricket hero and swings. A little bit off, Lidaelle feels a wiff of air pass right below her jaw. She also hears a grunt of frustration!

After admiring Toykiller's work for a second, Burner points the mermaid towards the flying man. He smirked, "Hey pretty girlie, why don't you go give the nice man a big hug." The mermaid does as it is told. Flying upwards to meet it's victim. It tries to grab at Wesley with it's elongated tail, but can't get a firm grip on him.

Toykiller is itching to do something... anything! His power is to disintegrate objects. Neither Wesley nor Lidaelle seems to have that going for them. Tag is dealing with the cricket. Burner is dealing with the flying dude. WHAT WAS THERE FOR HIM TO DO?! An idea springs into his head! He begins to work the empty canvas again. This time painting a scene of five vicious looking flying bulldogs! He's gonna need time though... Time he hopes he has.

Wesley is not amused at the naughty looking mermaid trying to wrap him up. Not at all. "Watch to you left," he calls down to Lidaelle, "Invisibo-boy is at your flank!" Now to deal with the painting. Another big tentacle shoots out of his hand, but when it smashes into the mermaid, nothing happens! "Great, this thing ain't alive," he grumbles. "How about a little team up action," he calls down to Lidaelle with a smile. Unfortunately he's not focusing and totally misses the grabbing the mermaid.

With Tag vanished, continuing to fight him seemed risky and foolish. Judging by the way the one was working, he was drumming up more minions for the other to bring to life, and that mermaid was already enough of a problem. Lidaelle decided Burner was top priority. Coiling, she shoved into Burner, throwing her weight at him and giving him a tremendous throw at Toykiller. The throw was a little wide, but the only other place for Burner to end up was in a wall, so Lida wasn't that concerned. She straightened and yelled to the man above. "I think I can take care of these two - if that mermaid problem clears up, you have anything to track down the invisible one?"

Burner rolls with the push, minimizing any damage. Though he can't really keep his mind on sustaining the mermaid. It disappears with an explosion of paint that falls to the ground. Unfortunately for the trio, that ground happens to be where Tag is! "Aw man," he yells in frustration, "we gotta get outta here! Toykiller hit us up!" Toykiller stops his minion painting and shakes his cans. This time he spray into thin air and something materializes, a badass looking motorcycle with two sidecars! He hops in the drivers seat and calls for his two partners in crime with a sharp whistle.