Bag Full O' Guns

quotemyname

So, I've been thinking about how to spend my last few points for Colt after I go and hit caps.

Would it be appropriate to say that Colt has been stocking up on various firearms to use with the team?

"For those times when the REGULAR assault cannon just isn't good enough..."

Or more appropriately, for those times when you really really just need an RPG, or a few extra grenades.

My thinking is this: Colt's gotten so good at the "shooting things" aspect of his character that he's the best. No one can top him. But that's all he does. Maybe it's time to branch out. But where do I go? Jack's already handling the leadership aspect of the team, so I'm going to need something else to focus on.

Maybe colt keeps a cache of weapons in his motorcycle's secret compartments, or in the MAVERIC so that he can bring it on missions, that way, if he really needs to whip out something out of the ordinary, he can.

I was thinking of handling this as an array of equipment, like an arsenal. At this point, I haven't done up the stats, but I'm just looking for some input from the refs. Would this be allowable?

Probably doable. We've had characters with that sort of thing before. However I don't think theres much you will get out of it that you wouldn't get from stunting off your devices.

My recommendation if you feel you should branch out from "I shoot stuff" a bag of guns might not be the way to go. He's a bounty hunter you might look at focusing on his ability to investigate and track people down. Make him a bit the team detective.

The one thing besides utility that I am trying to achieve with the bag full'o'guns is the utility of giving other characters the ability to pick up and use the guns.

But yea, the investigative qualities of Colt are probably the next thing under the gun. I am still deciding how I want to go about that.

Re: "Urban Tracker"

Pump up his Gather Info score. That's what you use for urban Tracking. And grab Contacts and Well-Informed.

Actually, if he's a cowboy, regular outdoor tracking might be a good idea, too. So the Track feat and Survival skill.

You could also pump his Pilot and Drive scores up to the point where he can routinely do the craziest of stunts at the wheel/stick/etc. of any vehicle, making him the default "pilot" of the group. He's already got the Skill Mastery for it. A total bonus of +15-20 in each should be more than sufficient to fill that niche.

If you want him to actually be a "detective" in terms of physical evidence, you want to pump up his Search (so he can find clues) and his Investigate (so he can analyze them). Some Knowledges might be a good idea to have at +10 or so, too - Behavioral Sciences, Current Events, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, and especially Streetwise.

Thanks for the suggestions, but you'll notice that Both his Drive and Pilot are ALREADY +15.

And Colt strikes me as the field agent. the type of guy that finds the clues and evidence but doesn't really know what to do with them. So, yea i'll probably bump his search and tracking skills, but stay out of the realm of investigate and knowledges (or only dip into them slightly)

Thanks for the suggestions, but you'll notice that Both his Drive and Pilot are ALREADY +15.

And Colt strikes me as the field agent. the type of guy that finds the clues and evidence but doesn't really know what to do with them. So, yea i'll probably bump his search and tracking skills, but stay out of the realm of investigate and knowledges (or only dip into them slightly)

No he doesn't. Check his sheet - they're both +10.

You need Search to find clues, but you also need a little bit of Investigate to properly collect them for later analysis. It's a DC15 check to collect/preserve them, so a +5 bonus should be sufficient.