Mr. Fantastic's Fantastic Drawings Thread

Mr. Fantastic

Hi all, I haven't drawn much for about 10 years... But getting back into the Superhero Roleplaying got my artistic juices flowing, and the pencil somehow jumped into my hand! I am not a pro or anything, I am a hobby penciler and do it casually.

I did a concept sketch of my new PL6 kid hero JOHNNY XTREME, he is a speedster...

I wanted him to look like a normal kid so I drew a tee shirt, a modified bike helmet, and some old WWI pilot goggles, with standard pants and shoes... He is a superhero, but can't afford the fancy outfit, heh heh.

Anyways, this is just a pencil sketch thought people might like to see... Still debating on whether to clean it up and colorize it...

Anyways let me know what you think. I posted this on the M&M forums as well for feedback.

Johnny-Pencil.jpg

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, I haven't drawn much for about 10 years... But getting back into the Superhero Roleplaying got my artistic juices flowing, and the pencil somehow jumped into my hand! I am not a pro or anything, I am a hobby penciler and do it casually.

I did a concept sketch of my new PL6 kid hero JOHNNY XTREME, he is a speedster...

I wanted him to look like a normal kid so I drew a tee shirt, a modified bike helmet, and some old WWI pilot goggles, with standard pants and shoes... He is a superhero, but can't afford the fancy outfit, heh heh.

Anyways, this is just a pencil sketch thought people might like to see... Still debating on whether to clean it up and colorize it...

Anyways let me know what you think. I posted this on the M&M forums as well for feedback.

Johnny-Pencil.jpg

Johnny-Pencil.jpg

Someone said I should make the goggles more reflective (glass in the lenses). Here was my attempt at it.

Not sure which version I like better. With or without the glass...

Oh and the coloring was just done in photoshop using layers... The tough part is knowing where to highlight, and I used to paint miniatures, and learned how to read the light from that. It is just knowing where the light would hit, and where it would be darkest.

Johnny-Xtreme-Original2.jpg

Someone said I should make the goggles more reflective (glass in the lenses). Here was my attempt at it.

Oh and the coloring was just done in photoshop using layers... The tough part is knowing where to highlight, and I used to paint miniatures, and learned how to read the light from that. It is just knowing where the light would hit, and where it would be darkest.