Mr. Fantastic's Fantastic Drawings Thread

Mr. Fantastic

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Hal's been working out. That's a heck of an eight-pack. :shock:

Good catch. I was up til 4am drawing that, I obviously was not totally all there mentally, heh heh. I fixed it. Thanks!

Oh and the person I drew it for wanted a different version of the costume, so here is that version.

Green-Lantern2.jpg

Wow, Hal's been working out. That's a heck of an eight-pack. :shock:

Good catch. I was up til 4am drawing that, I obviously was not totally all there mentally, heh heh. I fixed it. Thanks!

Oh and the person I drew it for wanted a different version of the costume, so here is that version.

Green-Lantern2.jpg

I actually am stretched thin for drawing at this point in time. Somehow I got myself immersed into drawing covers for a couple of fan fiction sites, and the covers come out monthly, so I am having to meet deadlines. It is funny too because even though I have deadline, it is very fun and doesn't seem like work. However that means less time to draw for other people.

I am starting to do a little commissioned work at the moment. And I stress the word "little" cause it is all I have time for at the moment. If my schedule frees up tho I know I have a string of people wanting some pictures drawn here, and will definitely do them. :)

Here is a sneak peek of a few covers I have done recently for their sites... It will probably show you just how time consuming it is. This is why I have much less time to do other stuff. With every cover I am trying new things, trying to better my drawing skills.

Daredevil-2-cover.jpg

Moon-Knight1-Cover.jpg

I actually am stretched thin for drawing at this point in time. Somehow I got myself immersed into drawing covers for a couple of fan fiction sites, and the covers come out monthly, so I am having to meet deadlines. It is funny too because even though I have deadline, it is very fun and doesn't seem like work. However that means less time to draw for other people.

I am starting to do a little commissioned work at the moment. And I stress the word "little" cause it is all I have time for at the moment. If my schedule frees up tho I know I have a string of people wanting some pictures drawn here, and will definitely do them. :)

Here is a sneak peek of a few covers I have done recently for their sites... It will probably show you just how time consuming it is. This is why I have much less time to do other stuff. With every cover I am trying new things, trying to better my drawing skills.

Daredevil-2-cover.jpg

Moon-Knight1-Cover.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I worked with Howl for a bit on some Moon Knight stuff for Marvel2. He's made the suggestion of offering up some alternatives for folks that want variety.

I am organizing a board for artists and writers of the Independent Comics.

I laid some of the ground work already, but the titles are wide open... Nothing is set in stone at all...

If you're looking to get your creativeness out... or just looking for a place to be a part of...

http://zirron1.proboards88.com/index.cgi

We're looking for you.

I am currently drawing a submission for an art contest. The objective of the contest is to create a superhero or villain, provide a background, and stats, and also to draw it. They will be judged based on Artwork, creativity of the hero or villain. THe winner of the contest wins a BATMAN STATUETTE!!! Wooot!

I'm working on a villain right now. I would like your HONEST opinion as to how it looks so far. Please do not worry about hurting my feelings (because they won't get hurt).

I am spending a LOT of time on it currently, so far the pencils that I am about to show you have taken me around 5 hours. This picture represents only a fraction of the whole composition (1/4 of a page). I've zoomed in on it so you can see the details better. I am going to have a lot more stuff for the background as well as to the left of her when it is done. This drawing should take me around 15-20 hours total to finish penciling. Then I will be inking and coloring it. :)

Could you please give me your HONEST opinion as to how this drawing looks so far considering it is going into an international competition? If you see something glaringly wrong with it can you let me know?

Comments would be greatly appreciated. Again, you won't hurt my feelings.

Here is the part that I've done so far. I still have to draw her boots, and arms and hands (I haven't done them yet, because I need to render some objects around, over and in them). They will come soon.

Art-Submission-WIP.jpg

At first glance I thought I saw a big problem: her left hand was on backwards. Now that I look at it closely I realize I was just looking at it wrong: I thought the fabric edge connecting to the middle finger ring was her hand edge, making her middle finger her thumb. I'm sure it'll be more obvious once there's some contrast between flesh and fabric.

The little asymmetries are fascinating. The hair, the lip quirk and the shoulder/torso shift draw focus to the left hand, so I assume you'll be doing something interesting up there.

The legs seem kind of long even without the boots, but that's probably standard for superhero proportions.

And of course, all these comments should be taken in the context that I have no specific drawing experience, save what little I've picked up being a figure model for art classes, and reading comics.

Archeville wouldn't mind thwarting her.

Repeatedly.

:twisted:

Seriously, though, that is an awesome pic, and I wish my drawing skills were even a tenth as good as that! That is professional-grade work there!

And JDRook, maybe her hand is backwards, a sure sign she's a rakshasi!

Thanks Malice. I am getting closer to where I was when I stopped drawing 12 years ago. Over the last few months, I've been drawing almost daily, pushing myself and reading tons of stuff, watching videos from pro artists like Jim Lee and just basic practice practice practice... When you don't touch a pencil for 12 years, you lose everything you thought you knew. You can't remember how to visualize, you forget proportions, you forget how to draw hands, you pretty much forget everything, and you have to teach your brain all over again how to make it do what you want it to.

This picture is far from done, and I have two weekends to make it turn into a finished composition. So basically, by mid next week, it needs to be penciled and inked! A monolithic task to say the least, since I have to teach myself how to draw rats and bats that are passable, and make a mass of them look realistic...

Thanks for the comments so far. I will be updating it more as I go.