Mr. Fantastic's Fantastic Drawings Thread

Mr. Fantastic

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright. I greatly appreciate your taking the time to do this; I otherwise think about him pretty much as I'll describe him below. Having all these ideas in one picture will be a help to me.

Icarus is the guy I'm interested in seeing. Here's what I know about him:

His build is muscular and near peak-human, similar to that of Warpath or Captain America.

He wears his redesigned battle armor, which is metallic blue in color and about the same thickness as Captain America's armor. It still looks more like plate armor than mail, and there's no exaggerated muscles (in other words, he doesn't have an 8-pack like some people).

I'm leaving out the helm, since he'll either redesign that or just quit wearing it (and find some magic so that he can do that without having everyone recognize him). His face looks a lot like Daedalus', though he shaves his beard closer or keeps a five o'clock shadow. His hair is dark brown, and eyes are blue gray.

The wings on the back of the armor are made of the same material as the rest of it, though closer to silver in color. They aren't what allow him to fly, so while they look like Archangel's (back when he was metal), they're about half the width and extend about one head-length above his head.

I hope this isn't too much detail. I don't want to constrain you too much, but I have a decent idea of what he looks like.

Alright. I greatly appreciate your taking the time to do this; I otherwise think about him pretty much as I'll describe him below. Having all these ideas in one picture will be a help to me.

His build is muscular and near peak-human, similar to that of Warpath or Captain America.

He wears his redesigned battle armor, which is metallic blue in color and about the same thickness as Captain America's armor. It still looks more like plate armor than mail, and there's no exaggerated muscles (in other words, he doesn't have an 8-pack like some people).

I'm leaving out the helm, since he'll either redesign that or just quit wearing it (and find some magic so that he can do that without having everyone recognize him). His face looks a lot like Daedalus', though he shaves his beard closer or keeps a five o'clock shadow. His hair is dark brown, and eyes are blue gray.

The wings on the back of the armor are made of the same material as the rest of it, though closer to silver in color. They aren't what allow him to fly, so while they look like Archangel's (back when he was metal), they're about half the width and extend about one head-length above his head.

I hope this isn't too much detail. I don't want to constrain you too much, but I have a decent idea of what he looks like.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife changed her character concept a little and sked me to draw her character again... sigh.

Here is the pencil (which didn't scan very good, but I will show you a final color when I am done). My group asked me to draw their characters so when I find time I will post them as I do them. Most likely do more in a couple of weeks. Next weekend is gonna be insanely busy.

Tazer-Pencil.jpg

My wife changed her character concept a little and sked me to draw her character again... sigh.

Here is the pencil (which didn't scan very good, but I will show you a final color when I am done). My group asked me to draw their characters so when I find time I will post them as I do them. Most likely do more in a couple of weeks. Next weekend is gonna be insanely busy.

Tazer-Pencil.jpg

I am gonna make things a little more complicated. My wife and I were talking about the two pictures, and she said the second picture's pose was too dynamic, and you couldn't see her costume. :shock:

SOOOOOOO... I drew YET ANOTHER ONE! GAH!!! She can be very picky... Unfortunately I couldn't argue with her... She has a point.

I took my time on this one to try and get the costume details down the way she wanted them and did a little bit of shading to make it look a bit better than the other two... This one is a static pose that shows off her costume. Since she watched me draw this and pointed out what she wanted for costume, she seems to like this one the best so far (It was hard to draw with someone peering over my shoulder criticizing things as I was drawing).

The criticizing was something like this...

Wife: "I don't like that. Can you change it to look like this."

Me: "What the hell is that?"

Wife: "Hair"

Me: "OMG, I thought it was a dog run over by a truck for a second!"

Wife: "Shut up just draw it"

Me: Sigh...

She also wants me to draw a dynamic pose with this costume and hair style. So it looks like there is gonna be another picture soon. :shock: :|

Tazer3.jpg

I am gonna make things a little more complicated. My wife and I were talking about the two pictures, and she said the second picture's pose was too dynamic, and you couldn't see her costume. :shock:

SOOOOOOO... I drew YET ANOTHER ONE! GAH!!! She can be very picky... Unfortunately I couldn't argue with her... She has a point.

I took my time on this one to try and get the costume details down the way she wanted them and did a little bit of shading to make it look a bit better than the other two... This one is a static pose that shows off her costume. Since she watched me draw this and pointed out what she wanted for costume, she seems to like this one the best so far (It was hard to draw with someone peering over my shoulder criticizing things as I was drawing).

The criticizing was something like this...

Wife: "I don't like that. Can you change it to look like this."

Me: "What the hell is that?"

Wife: "Hair"

Me: "OMG, I thought it was a dog run over by a truck for a second!"

Wife: "Shut up just draw it"

Me: Sigh...

She also wants me to draw a dynamic pose with this costume and hair style. So it looks like there is gonna be another picture soon. :shock: :|

Tazer3.jpg

So it looks like there is gonna be another picture soon. :shock: :|

I'm fine with that - keep them coming, they look great! :D

I did like the second more than the first on the above pics. The costume detail in the latter one looks great! Your wife has a good imagination for these things it seems. I look forward to seeing the character in a more 'action-y' pose. :)

So it looks like there is gonna be another picture soon. :shock: :|

I'm fine with that - keep them coming, they look great! :D

I did like the second more than the first on the above pics. The costume detail in the latter one looks great! Your wife has a good imagination for these things it seems. I look forward to seeing the character in a more 'action-y' pose. :)