Mr. Fantastic's Fantastic Drawings Thread

Mr. Fantastic

Okay Shadowboxer, I know you said you had no symbols, but when I was drawing this I felt there was a void on his back and wanted to spice it up a bit. I hope you don't mind a little artistic license. I drew the Japanese Kanji symbol for SHADOW (Kage) on his back. Here is the link to the symbol:

http://japanese.about.com/bl50kanji5_kage.htm

I didn't pencil in a lot of shadows so I can color it easier. ;)

One question, would you like the symbol to be a dark red or grey. If you don't answer soon enough I will wing it. :)

Okay so here are the initial pencils for:

SHADOWBOXER!

ShadowboxerPencils.jpg

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay Shadowboxer, I know you said you had no symbols, but when I was drawing this I felt there was a void on his back and wanted to spice it up a bit. I hope you don't mind a little artistic license. I drew the Japanese Kanji symbol for SHADOW (Kage) on his back. Here is the link to the symbol:

One question, would you like the symbol to be a dark red or grey. If you don't answer soon enough I will wing it. :)

SHADOWBOXER!

ShadowboxerPencils.jpg

It has been requested/badgered of me to ask for a drawing of Emissary so as to avoid photoshopped pinups of the Silver Surfer in a metal hairpiece..

Also one of Emissary wearing a suit.

His description is...

Appearance: The Emissary looks like nothing so much as a classically perfect sculpture of a man, cast somehow from a single piece of pure silver, and yet vibrant and lifelike in motion, gaze and demeanor. The faintly curly hair kept closely cropped even blows within whatever errant breeze might form. His eyes are a glowing light blue that matches the short sleeved, side fastened shirt with gold trim he wears, a central golden starburst outlined in a circle as the symbol of his station and people. His trousers are a blue to match, and his golden gauntlets and boots match the trim. He usually also has a white cape fastened over one shoulder by a smaller starburst brooch. He has a habit of floating slightly above the ground, and while that gives him the ocassional sense of the otherworldly, he truthfully just does it to avoid straining anything with the weight of his metal form.

It has been requested/badgered of me to ask for a drawing of Emissary so as to avoid photoshopped pinups of the Silver Surfer in a metal hairpiece..

His description is...

Appearance: The Emissary looks like nothing so much as a classically perfect sculpture of a man, cast somehow from a single piece of pure silver, and yet vibrant and lifelike in motion, gaze and demeanor. The faintly curly hair kept closely cropped even blows within whatever errant breeze might form. His eyes are a glowing light blue that matches the short sleeved, side fastened shirt with gold trim he wears, a central golden starburst outlined in a circle as the symbol of his station and people. His trousers are a blue to match, and his golden gauntlets and boots match the trim. He usually also has a white cape fastened over one shoulder by a smaller starburst brooch. He has a habit of floating slightly above the ground, and while that gives him the ocassional sense of the otherworldly, he truthfully just does it to avoid straining anything with the weight of his metal form.

His description is...

SHADOWBOXER!

ShadowboxerPencils.jpg

Wow, that looks fantastic! Thanks so much! :D

I think the symbol should be in gray, just to match Nightrival's persona. I can't wait to see this in colour!

SHADOWBOXER!

ShadowboxerPencils.jpg

I think the symbol should be in gray, just to match Nightrival's persona. I can't wait to see this in colour!

SHADOWBOXER!

ShadowboxerPencils.jpg

I might have a request. Let me know if it's ok to post it. Thanks.

Of course you can post it! That is what this thread is all about, heh heh. :D

This month has been a crazy month for me. I've been real busy with other stuff, but I will eventually get to all the requests made here, so I hope everyone is a little patient. People who haven't had a picture drawn for them yet, of course, have priority over others that have. :monkey:

Drawing takes me roughly 1.5 - 2 hours to do a picture (I am a slow, and I think it takes longer for me to figure out the pose I want to do more so than drawing the actual details). To color it takes me 4-5 hours. So as you can see it is a time investment (5.5-7 hours) to do a completely finished piece, that sometimes cannot be done in an evening. I tend to draw more on long weekends, and vacation (if I am not traveling). :geek:

P.S. I don't know if I can top drawing the Silver Surfer in a toupe!!!! :clap:

This month has been a crazy month for me. I've been real busy with other stuff, but I will eventually get to all the requests made here, so I hope everyone is a little patient. People who haven't had a picture drawn for them yet, of course, have priority over others that have. :monkey:

Drawing takes me roughly 1.5 - 2 hours to do a picture (I am a slow, and I think it takes longer for me to figure out the pose I want to do more so than drawing the actual details). To color it takes me 4-5 hours. So as you can see it is a time investment (5.5-7 hours) to do a completely finished piece, that sometimes cannot be done in an evening. I tend to draw more on long weekends, and vacation (if I am not traveling). :geek: