Out with the Old, in with the New

Nightshyft

With the elevator on it's way, Ghost moved to the far wall of the small rest area. He took a deep breath and held it as he began moving through the wall. As he flesh began to move through the wall, his eyes adjusted to allow him to see where he was going.

The sensation still felt strange to Ghost but he knew it was his best way of surviving the encounter with the multi-armed man. 'I still don't have any idea why this is possible. Maybe I'll try to figure out how I can do the things that I do.'

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the elevator on it's way, Ghost moved to the far wall of the small rest area. He took a deep breath and held it as he began moving through the wall. As he flesh began to move through the wall, his eyes adjusted to allow him to see where he was going.

The sensation still felt strange to Ghost but he knew it was his best way of surviving the encounter with the multi-armed man. 'I still don't have any idea why this is possible. Maybe I'll try to figure out how I can do the things that I do.'

The light from teh elevator covers Kieran as he comes before them. The light is just enough to give him a view of The Ghost, moving into the far wall.

Ghost continues through the wall, unknowingly of Keiran's closeness to him. Once reaches ther far side, he lets out his breath. 'Man, I'm lucky this wall was fairly thin. Any thicker and I would have had a lot of trouble making it through!'

He looks around and smiles as he notes teh door marked stairs only a short distance away. 'Looks like I've got my way up now. Lady Fortune is really looking out for me.'

The light from teh elevator covers Kieran as he comes before them. The light is just enough to give him a view of The Ghost, moving into the far wall.

Ghost continues through the wall, unknowingly of Keiran's closeness to him. Once reaches ther far side, he lets out his breath. 'Man, I'm lucky this wall was fairly thin. Any thicker and I would have had a lot of trouble making it through!'

He looks around and smiles as he notes teh door marked stairs only a short distance away. 'Looks like I've got my way up now. Lady Fortune is really looking out for me.'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sammy opened the door to reveal a darkened floor much like the ones below it except this one had a very open area with an enclosed room in the center.

Sammy waited a few moments to be sure that there were no guards present before moving into the area. He quickly closed the door and set his pack on the floor at his feet. 'There's no way that this place is unprotected! Perhaps they have some hidden cameras or perhaps pressure plates to help protect that darn box.' Sammy reached into his pack and began looking at teh tools he held within. It took him a moment to stop and realize that it was a waste for him.

'Wait a minute. If they have cameras or laser beams, it doesn't matter. I don't get picked up by them away!' Sammy zipped up his pack and put it back on his shoulder. He smiled widely as he strode confidently towards the last door that separated him from his goal.

Sammy didn'teven slow down as he moved through the material to the other side. 'I've got ot admit. Since I got these niffty abilities, my job has gotten that much easier to do. Very few things can stop me from getting in and out undetected. Lady Fortune really likes to watch out for me, now!'

Inside of the room was a desk and a small safe sitting in the corner. There was no light on so he moved to the wall and looked for a light switch. Once he found one, he turned it on and took a look around. Sammy's mouth opened in surprise to find that the walls of the room were covered in strange symbols. 'What the hell is this?' Sammy pondered as he moved over to the wall to get a better look.

The symbols were in a script and style unfamiliar to the common thief but something about them had the hair on his neck raised. 'Whomever owns this place is a strange on. Let me just get this box and get out of here.' Sammy moved over to the safe and reached out only to have his hand hit the hard surface of the safe.

Sammy stopped and blinked his eyes in surprise. He had never been unable to pass through anything since he had received his powers a few years back. 'What? This shouldn't be happeneing. I should be able to go straight through this thing and pull out the box.'

He took a moment to collect his thoughts and began to examine the safe in more detail only to find it also covered with strange symbols etched into the surface. 'What is all this writing? Is it the reason why I can'T simply reach in and grab this box?'

The Ghost scratched his chin in thought as he contemplated the safe. 'Well, whatever is blocking me from simply going straight through, shouldn't stop me from cracking it the old fashion way.'

Sammy lowered his pack and opened it. Various tools were safely strapped to the sides to keep sound down while moving. The layout of the tools were impressive, ranging from simple to more complex items. Sammy took another look at the safe before choosing a listening device.

'Looks like whomever owns this little room is fairly old fashion. A simple combination lock these days is really rare. It's not going to do much to stop a determined fella like myself.'

Sammy put the device to work and slowly began to work the dial.

Sammy took his time as he spun the dail back and forth, listening for the various clicks. He smiled as he worked as the old fashioned security felt right to him. It was more in tune with his style of the world than the fast pace that most chose to follow in the city.

Sammy's smile grew wider as he heard the last sharp click. 'Now, I get to see this box after all.'

Within the safe was the item he was sent for. It clearly matched the picture he had of it: a stone-carved box, twelve by six inches, about four inches deep. Carved all over the exterior of the box with unusual runes. Sammy took a moment to simply bask in the moment of seeing his prize so close at hand. The runes on the box matched those found on the safe and the walls of the room. What they meant, Sammy simply had no way of telling and he really didn't care one way or the other. He was told to get the box and that was what he was going to do.

Sammy slowly lifted the box and placed it into his pack. The instructions stated that the box was NOT to be opened, at any cost and Sammy intended to follow those instructions to the letter. Sure that the box was properly stowed, Sammy stood up and moved to the wall he entered.

He reached out his hand and was surprised to find himself again unable to pass through. 'What the? I was able to move into the room. Why can't I move out?'

Not wanting to waste teh time pondering the situation, Sammy moved quickly to the door of the room and opened it a crack. The res tof the floor was still dark and empty. 'Perhaps that nut with the guns got the guards' attention. Getting out should be much easier than getting in was.'

Sammy counted to five before dashing back towards the stairs that he used to come up. In his haste to leave teh area, Sammy bumped into the doorframe of the room. The slight jolt unbalanced him, but he was soon able to regain his footing. Unknowingly however, the jar did more than upset his balanace. The unfortunate impact was jsut enough to weaken the seal upon the strange stone box within his pack.

Other than the slight bump, Sammy "The Ghost" Costenino made it out of the Delphic building without encountering anyone else. The Ghost's first job in Freedom City was now complete. Now all he had to do was wait for the client to contact him with details on the package's delievery and payment method......