Out with the Old, in with the New

Nightshyft

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley nodded at the security guard and ponderously turned around. She started the climb to the second floor.

"Help me, help me!" Ashley screamed, the automaton part of her brain defaulting back to Ashley's feminine voice, hoping that the weakness of females all men possess could convince him to come out.

Ashley nodded at the security guard and ponderously turned around. She started the climb to the second floor.

"Help me, help me!" Ashley screamed, the automaton part of her brain defaulting back to Ashley's feminine voice, hoping that the weakness of females all men possess could convince him to come out.

The mutated monstrosity of Ashley stomped forward, ground shaking with every step as she scanned around.

"Negative Contact. Be advised that Corridor is too narrow for efficient weapon usage, switching to most effective weapon" The thing droned. The chain gun slimed back into the hand. Then, with another sliming noise, a double barreled weapon emerged from the same hand. A blue pilot flame burst from the pipe running underneath. Slowly, the mutant trundled forward again.

The mutated monstrosity of Ashley stomped forward, ground shaking with every step as she scanned around.

"Negative Contact. Be advised that Corridor is too narrow for efficient weapon usage, switching to most effective weapon" The thing droned. The chain gun slimed back into the hand. Then, with another sliming noise, a double barreled weapon emerged from the same hand. A blue pilot flame burst from the pipe running underneath. Slowly, the mutant trundled forward again.

The chain gun slimed back into the hand. Then, with another sliming noise, a double barreled weapon emerged from the same hand. A blue pilot flame burst from the pipe running underneath. Slowly, the mutant trundled forward again.

The ghost smiled at the sight of the figure at the end of the corridor. The unmistakable flame of her weapon game him an idea. 'It would be really unlucky for her to have that thing back fire on her.' Even as he thought about it, his eye flashed slightly, revealing his position to Ashley. Just as he realized some was watching her from down the hall, her flame thrower went off, sending flames back upon her.

The chain gun slimed back into the hand. Then, with another sliming noise, a double barreled weapon emerged from the same hand. A blue pilot flame burst from the pipe running underneath. Slowly, the mutant trundled forward again.

The ghost smiled at the sight of the figure at the end of the corridor. The unmistakable flame of her weapon game him an idea. 'It would be really unlucky for her to have that thing back fire on her.' Even as he thought about it, his eye flashed slightly, revealing his position to Ashley. Just as he realized some was watching her from down the hall, her flame thrower went off, sending flames back upon her.

Ashley shrieked as the flames engulfed the corridor, and she was lost to all visual slight to Ghost. However, the huge dark figure of Ashley stepped forward, the ground shaking as she ignored her own flames. She felt no pain from the attack.

"Target identified. Assault on host, possible threat. Retaliation? Subdue. Resistance from target? Lethal force will be applied" Ashley droned mechanically. A huge gush of extremely hot flame gushed out of her weapon, but it stopped short as Ashley walked faster, bouncing on her feet. The chainfist revved.

Ashley shrieked as the flames engulfed the corridor, and she was lost to all visual slight to Ghost. However, the huge dark figure of Ashley stepped forward, the ground shaking as she ignored her own flames. She felt no pain from the attack.

"Target identified. Assault on host, possible threat. Retaliation? Subdue. Resistance from target? Lethal force will be applied" Ashley droned mechanically. A huge gush of extremely hot flame gushed out of her weapon, but it stopped short as Ashley walked faster, bouncing on her feet. The chainfist revved.

Kieran was leaning against the bank wall. He had received the call regarding a bank break-in and took it upon himself to investigate the situation. However, the smoke and flames were certainly hostile. With quick thinking, the man ran into the bank, pistols out.

Kieran was leaning against the bank wall. He had received the call regarding a bank break-in and took it upon himself to investigate the situation. However, the smoke and flames were certainly hostile. With quick thinking, the man ran into the bank, pistols out.

Seeing the woman continue towards him, Ghost again activated his power. This time, a very strange effect occured. A black disc of energy appears before Ashley. the sudden appearance of the field of force took both Ghost and Ashley by surprise. The hesitation by Ashley was just the opening needed for the disc to drag the hero through. With a blinding flash of magical energy, the disc disappeared leaving the corridor empty.

The Ghost blinked his eyes and slowly moved through the wall and into the corridor. Slowly, he moved to the location of the magical occurance and looked around. 'What the hell was that? I've never been able to cause such an effect before. Change a bit of luck one way but that's about it.' Ghost shivered and slowly moved away from the spot. 'I think something bad is going to happen in Freedom City and I pray, Lady Fortune will keep watch over me when it happens.'*

*For more on the source of that feeling, see Deaths Door

Seeing the woman continue towards him, Ghost again activated his power. This time, a very strange effect occured. A black disc of energy appears before Ashley. the sudden appearance of the field of force took both Ghost and Ashley by surprise. The hesitation by Ashley was just the opening needed for the disc to drag the hero through. With a blinding flash of magical energy, the disc disappeared leaving the corridor empty.

The Ghost blinked his eyes and slowly moved through the wall and into the corridor. Slowly, he moved to the location of the magical occurance and looked around. 'What the hell was that? I've never been able to cause such an effect before. Change a bit of luck one way but that's about it.' Ghost shivered and slowly moved away from the spot. 'I think something bad is going to happen in Freedom City and I pray, Lady Fortune will keep watch over me when it happens.'*

*For more on the source of that feeling, see Deaths Door

Ghost concentrated again, his eye flashing white before the light fixture fell on top of the newcomer, sending a slight electric jolt through his system.

Even as the light fell, Ghost was moving through the wall and into the next room. Once within the room, he sighed in relief as he leaned against the wall he just went through. 'This town is really hazzardous to my health!'

Ghost concentrated again, his eye flashing white before the light fixture fell on top of the newcomer, sending a slight electric jolt through his system.

Even as the light fell, Ghost was moving through the wall and into the next room. Once within the room, he sighed in relief as he leaned against the wall he just went through. 'This town is really hazzardous to my health!'