Out with the Old, in with the New

Nightshyft

In the seconds that followed, all hell broke loose. The first officer was so shocked at seeing the super villain use his powers, he fired his gun without waiting to ask further questions. The shot, though hurried, was a direct hit. The second officer also tried to draw quickly, but in a freak of probability, the gun went off as he was drawing it out. The bullet struck the first officer in the chest, but glanced off of his vest. The report of the pistols was deafeningly loud.

Completely rattled at his gun misfiring, the first officer tried to get off a second shot, but his aim was way off. The first officer, not realizing how close to death he had just come, assumed that it was the Ghost who had shot him, so he fired again. Another direct hit.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the seconds that followed, all hell broke loose. The first officer was so shocked at seeing the super villain use his powers, he fired his gun without waiting to ask further questions. The shot, though hurried, was a direct hit. The second officer also tried to draw quickly, but in a freak of probability, the gun went off as he was drawing it out. The bullet struck the first officer in the chest, but glanced off of his vest. The report of the pistols was deafeningly loud.

Completely rattled at his gun misfiring, the first officer tried to get off a second shot, but his aim was way off. The first officer, not realizing how close to death he had just come, assumed that it was the Ghost who had shot him, so he fired again. Another direct hit.

In only a few moments, the world had turned upside down. The first guard fired so quickly it was a wonder that Sammy was able to activate his own powers. Sammy staggered backward slightly as the bullet hit. Light swam before his eyes, causing him to lower his defenses.

Even as Sammy tried to clear his head, the first guard fired again. This time, Sammy was able to withstand the blow but he wasn't out of the woods yet. The last guard still had a clear shot.

In only a few moments, the world had turned upside down. The first guard fired so quickly it was a wonder that Sammy was able to activate his own powers. Sammy staggered backward slightly as the bullet hit. Light swam before his eyes, causing him to lower his defenses.

Even as Sammy tried to clear his head, the first guard fired again. This time, Sammy was able to withstand the blow but he wasn't out of the woods yet. The last guard still had a clear shot.

guard.jpg

The first guard, coming quickly to his senses, began yelling, "Stop shooting! Stop shooting!" His partner squeezed off one more round before he eased up on the trigger. It was another dead-on hit.

The first cop kept his gun trained on Ghost, and tried to see what his condition was with his flashlight. "Get down on the ground. Get down now!" he shouted. Then he spoke to his partner again. "Call this in. Backup and an ambulance. Do it! Now!"

guard.jpg

The first guard, coming quickly to his senses, began yelling, "Stop shooting! Stop shooting!" His partner squeezed off one more round before he eased up on the trigger. It was another dead-on hit.

The first cop kept his gun trained on Ghost, and tried to see what his condition was with his flashlight. "Get down on the ground. Get down now!" he shouted. Then he spoke to his partner again. "Call this in. Backup and an ambulance. Do it! Now!"

guard.jpg

With bullets flying here and there, Sammy knew that things had become very unlucky for him. Another bullet hits him but Sammy is able to shrug off the effect.

The guards order to get on the gorund gives Sammy an idea. 'Time for me to split this scenario. Now here's hoping they decide they just saw a ghost!'

Keeping his hands up as he slowly began to lower to the ground, Sammy took a deep breath and continued right through the floor. The villian doesn't go far, just deep enough to not be seen by the guards. Once within the floor, Sammy's eyes adjust and he orientates his position.

With bullets flying here and there, Sammy knew that things had become very unlucky for him. Another bullet hits him but Sammy is able to shrug off the effect.

The guards order to get on the gorund gives Sammy an idea. 'Time for me to split this scenario. Now here's hoping they decide they just saw a ghost!'

Keeping his hands up as he slowly began to lower to the ground, Sammy took a deep breath and continued right through the floor. The villian doesn't go far, just deep enough to not be seen by the guards. Once within the floor, Sammy's eyes adjust and he orientates his position.

The stocky guard's eyes grew wide. "What the . . ." He watched, nearly stunned, as the Ghost melted right through the floor. He looked at his partner, who hadn't called in the break-in yet. "He was a . . . a . . ."

Super villain. The both thought it at the same time, and both breathed a big sigh of relief. That could have gone much worse for them. They were lucky.

The stocky guard's eyes grew wide. "What the . . ." He watched, nearly stunned, as the Ghost melted right through the floor. He looked at his partner, who hadn't called in the break-in yet. "He was a . . . a . . ."

Super villain. The both thought it at the same time, and both breathed a big sigh of relief. That could have gone much worse for them. They were lucky.

Sammy moved quickly through the floor, moving as quickly as possible until he had passed the guards' position. He had to move quickly as his air supply was limited and he needed to surface before he suffocated.

Sammy looked around above him for an empty room, to hide out in while he figured out what to do. Luckily for the wounded man, along with the ability to move through walls came the ability to see through them as well. It wasn't long before he found a room that looked perfect. Sammy moved up through the floor and into the room.

Sammy looked around the empty room. It was a meeting room somewhere on the second floor. Eight tables sat around a large table. Only one door, slightly opaque, marked the entrance of the room. A small table was opposite the door in a corner. A water pitcher and glasses sat upon the table. Illumination from the window was the only light source in the room.

Sammy moved under the table to give himself more concealment from any of the guards that might walk by. He took out his map and laid it out to study it. 'Oh, that stung. These fellas don't play around do they?' Sammy thought as he looked at the map. 'I could have been killed back there and that wouldn't have been very good. I'll need to be more careful from now on. Those guards are bound to have called in my presence as well, making things much more difficult to proceed. I need to finish this job quickly!'

Still surprised at having encountered their very first supervillian, it took the guards a moment before they picked up their walkie talkies. "Hey, Jack! We've got a supervillian in the building! Call the Freedom League to come deal with this guy. I don't get paid enough to deal with supervillians. Tom and me could have been killed."

"Okay, Bill. I'll make the call," came the reply over the walkie talkie. Jack picked up the red direct phone to the company's owner. "Sir, we have a supervillian on the premises. Request a metahuman to handle the situation."

Sammy moved quickly through the floor, moving as quickly as possible until he had passed the guards' position. He had to move quickly as his air supply was limited and he needed to surface before he suffocated.

Sammy looked around above him for an empty room, to hide out in while he figured out what to do. Luckily for the wounded man, along with the ability to move through walls came the ability to see through them as well. It wasn't long before he found a room that looked perfect. Sammy moved up through the floor and into the room.

Sammy looked around the empty room. It was a meeting room somewhere on the second floor. Eight tables sat around a large table. Only one door, slightly opaque, marked the entrance of the room. A small table was opposite the door in a corner. A water pitcher and glasses sat upon the table. Illumination from the window was the only light source in the room.

Sammy moved under the table to give himself more concealment from any of the guards that might walk by. He took out his map and laid it out to study it. 'Oh, that stung. These fellas don't play around do they?' Sammy thought as he looked at the map. 'I could have been killed back there and that wouldn't have been very good. I'll need to be more careful from now on. Those guards are bound to have called in my presence as well, making things much more difficult to proceed. I need to finish this job quickly!'

Still surprised at having encountered their very first supervillian, it took the guards a moment before they picked up their walkie talkies. "Hey, Jack! We've got a supervillian in the building! Call the Freedom League to come deal with this guy. I don't get paid enough to deal with supervillians. Tom and me could have been killed."

"Okay, Bill. I'll make the call," came the reply over the walkie talkie. Jack picked up the red direct phone to the company's owner. "Sir, we have a supervillian on the premises. Request a metahuman to handle the situation."

• 2 weeks later...

Sammy folded up the map and packed it away. The time he spent hiding had given him just the rest he needed to get his wits back, but he remained bruised. 'Well, can't have everything. Still need to be quick about this little job. They know I'm here and it ruins my reputation if I can't get a simple job done.'

Sammy slowly moved out from under the table and looked at the door. 'Best not to use the doors for the time being. The direct route to the stairs makes more sense.' He moved slowly and began moving through the walls in search of the stairs out.

Sammy folded up the map and packed it away. The time he spent hiding had given him just the rest he needed to get his wits back, but he remained bruised. 'Well, can't have everything. Still need to be quick about this little job. They know I'm here and it ruins my reputation if I can't get a simple job done.'

Sammy slowly moved out from under the table and looked at the door. 'Best not to use the doors for the time being. The direct route to the stairs makes more sense.' He moved slowly and began moving through the walls in search of the stairs out.

Ashley was strolling down past the bank when the gunshots went off.

"Hahaha foolish woman, it seems I can take control again" The mechanical part of her brain announced. Ashley clutched her skull in agony as her body twisted and mutated. Arms sagged as extra flesh bulked out her appearance. Her skin became dark as deadly weapon appendages grew out of the new flesh. Her right arm was completely mutated, forming a chain gun. A blade from a chainsaw grew out her left hand. She roared as she fully became the automated monster that her injection forced her to be.

With another mighty roar, the construct walked to the bank, taking huge paces at a time.

Ashley was strolling down past the bank when the gunshots went off.

"Hahaha foolish woman, it seems I can take control again" The mechanical part of her brain announced. Ashley clutched her skull in agony as her body twisted and mutated. Arms sagged as extra flesh bulked out her appearance. Her skin became dark as deadly weapon appendages grew out of the new flesh. Her right arm was completely mutated, forming a chain gun. A blade from a chainsaw grew out her left hand. She roared as she fully became the automated monster that her injection forced her to be.

With another mighty roar, the construct walked to the bank, taking huge paces at a time.

Jake, the lonely security guard in teh main lobby of the building sttod looking at his monitors searching for signs of the intruder. At teh moment, he couldn'T find any signs of the intruder but he kept his eyes glued on the screens.

Out of the corner of his eyes, he noted movement outside and glanced up to see a creature with a chainsaw in one hand and a chain gun in the others. Jake's mouthed opened wide in disbelief as he realized that the weapons weren't in the creature's hands but were the hands! Jake moved quickly under the desk to hide from teh approaching creature. He closed his eyes wondering why he was even still here. He wasn't getting paid enough for this type of excitement.

Jake, the lonely security guard in teh main lobby of the building sttod looking at his monitors searching for signs of the intruder. At teh moment, he couldn'T find any signs of the intruder but he kept his eyes glued on the screens.

Out of the corner of his eyes, he noted movement outside and glanced up to see a creature with a chainsaw in one hand and a chain gun in the others. Jake's mouthed opened wide in disbelief as he realized that the weapons weren't in the creature's hands but were the hands! Jake moved quickly under the desk to hide from teh approaching creature. He closed his eyes wondering why he was even still here. He wasn't getting paid enough for this type of excitement.