[Interceptors] Zombie Powder is a Helluva Drug [OOC]

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full Action: Use Aim action. Motion of the van requires a Concentration check.

Concentration check, DC 10 (1d20+3=6)

GM Fiat (Grimalkin gets the HP) to re-roll. since the minimum result would be a 13, he passes.

Free Action: Extrra Effort to SURGE for another standard action

Standard Action: Fire on Grimalkin.

I'm going to say that since it's only Grim's head sticking out the MAVERIC, she has cover, so she gets a +4 bonus to Defense. (Which nearly cancels the bonus he gets from Improve Aim....)

Attack vs. Grimalkin (Defense 16); DC 22 Toughness save if it hits (1d20+14=32)

Blast 5, + her Cold Iron weakness = Damage 7, so DC 22. And it is lethal.

Grim hates being shot in the face! :argh:

Toughness save vs facial impact: 1d20+14=22

Two quick questions:

1) Is she considerd flat-footed? If so, that's actually a 18, and I'll probably want to blow the HP on a reroll.

2) This is based off of Grim's current Toughness; back in February, she didn't have Protection 6

If she's flat-footed and we're using February stats, she may be missing a head unless I blow that HP :o

Full Action: Use Aim action. Motion of the van requires a Concentration check.

Concentration check, DC 10 (1d20+3=6)

GM Fiat (Grimalkin gets the HP) to re-roll. since the minimum result would be a 13, he passes.

I don't like where this is going... :P

EDIT

Just wondering: If they're pursuing criminals that are likely known to be if not assumed to be dangerous for saftey sake, I doubt they'd be rolling through town with the windows down. If he's shooting through the Windshield, that's fine. My question is: Would Grim get any bonus to her toughness for the glass taking an edge off the shot? I realize she's been given a cover bonus, but the MAVERIC is an armored assault vehicle. It likely has armor plating and bullet proof glass and such (thus it's high toughness rating).

END EDIT

I'd just like to offer a point of order. I really don't remember the stats that Colt had back in February. He hasn't had too many drastic changes, though. I've basically added Gun Supremacy, Investigate, Drive, and Pilot ranks, and Combat Caps. He started at PL12, and I think he was probably at least around PL13.5 back in February.

What stats would you like me to use, Doc?

Furthermore:

I have an edit going through about this:

Complications:

Significant Other - Grimalkin and Colt's long term relationship has developed into something greater than the bond shared by simple lovers. Colt cares deeply for Grimalkin and will go to great lengths to make sure she is protected.

And I can't see why that shouldn't have been on his sheet ages ago...

That said, if you'd allow it doc, I'd like to invoke that complication, to have Colt be required to make Concentration and/or Drive checks to maintain control of the MAVERIC. In case you do say yes, I'll just go ahead and roll. I will not be using Skill Mastery for Drive, as this is a special case. I feel it should require a roll.

Concentration check to control MAVERIC (1d20+3=4) lol.

HP Reroll: Concentration check to control MAVERIC (1d20.minroll(11)+3=20) Better.

Drive check to maintain control of MAVERIC (1d20+15=26)

Keep in mind this adventure takes place in February. Were they that close then? (I honestly don't know the 'timeline' of y'all's courtin')

They actually started dating in the fall of 2009, very shortly after the team started up; they, um, consummated the relationship in November, right after the Invasion of Hell.

Okay, I'll see what happens to Grim's face in a second. :twisted:

Indeed, and he does get an HP for the complication!

EDIT: Actually, it's worse. You may have missed that I indicated he's doing lethal damage -- this is a madman firing a gun with a cold iron bullet at a faerie -- so failing by 10 puts you at Staggered + Disabled + Stunned.

Staggered: A staggered character can take a single move or standard

action each round, not both. Any further damage to a staggered character

shifts the character's condition to unconscious.

Disabled: A disabled character is conscious and able to act but badly

injured. He can take only a single attack or move action each round, and if

he performs any strenuous action, his condition changes to dying after the

completing the action. Strenuous actions include moving all out, attacking, or

using any ability requiring physical exertion or mental concentration (including

any power requiring a standard action).

Less "grazed her temple," more "tore open her jugular"

She had more ranks back then? So... 24pp to work with?

Regen, no, since that's a Permanent power. Healing... I'm reluctant on, since it'd remove much of the urgency/drama... but I'll allow it as I know what seeing her healing so quickly will do to Mysterious Stranger :twisted:

Since Healing is by default a full action, you'll need to buy the Action down to be able to use it, since she's Staggered.

Also, keep in mind that -- since she is Disabled -- if the Healing check fails, her condition will worsen to dying. (The free Diehard feat everyone has means she'd automatically stabilize on the following round.)

EDIT: Actually, scratch that, she's stunned, so she can't do anything but bleed. Well, she can take reactions... like spend an HP to gain an Alt Power feat... so, yeah, she still can!

She had more ranks back then? So... 24pp to work with?

Regen, no, since that's a Permanent power. Healing... I'm reluctant on, since it'd remove much of the urgency/drama... but I'll allow it as I know what seeing her healing so quickly will do to Mysterious Stranger :twisted:

Since Healing is by default a full action, you'll need to buy the Action down to be able to use it, since she's Staggered.

Also, keep in mind that -- since she is Disabled -- if the Healing check fails, her condition will worsen to dying. (The free Diehard feat everyone has means she'd automatically stabilize on the following round.)

EDIT: Actually, scratch that, she's stunned, so she can't do anything but bleed. Well, she can take reactions... like spend an HP to gain an Alt Power feat... so, yeah, she still can!

I dropped her Glamour array down to 7 ranks this month, but increased her effect to 3 pp per level (All Forms instead of Humanoids only), so she actually only had 16 pp to work with back in February.

So should I try Healing now or wait a bit dramatically? :twisted: