[Interceptors] Zombie Powder is a Helluva Drug [OOC]

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, with Skill Mastery Grim's Stealth check is an Auto 33, so that's not a problem. I am confused as to what her Disguise check should be. Last time I rolled in this thread I used +20, but I have no idea where that came from. It seems too high for Enhanced Charisma and too low for Morph. She did have a separate Morph power back than that was not part of her Glamour array, which I think was Morph 2. This could explain the +20 (i.e Enhanced Charisma +10 combined with +10 from 2 ranks of Morph. I'll do a little digging to double check.

Just in case, I did roll it the same way I did last time, with the same result!

Disguise check: 1d20+20=30

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to have Colt use Heroic Feat to grab Challenge (Use Acrobatics for Climb). If that's not appropriate, let me know and I'll change the post.

I think I can take a -5 or -10 to speed up the climb check, yes? I'll take a -10 if possible. With Skill mastery, that brings his total Acrobatics check down to a 20, but that should still be enough to scale the fire escape rather quickly.

DC was 29. So you do not see anything on the roof, so he gets a surprise round (since he does see you).

Standard Action: Use Smoke Pellet (Obscure 2, 10-ft.).

Move Action: Leap off roof (30 foot fall).

Acrobatics check to reduce damage from fall (1d20+9=18) reduces distance by (18-5) 13 feet, so it's treated as a fall of 17 feet. Damage form a fall is +1 per 10 feet, so that's... DC 17.

Toughness save, DC 17 (1d20+8=19) Booyeah.

You do hear the person land, though -- he's not that stealthy.

Simple: He has a history of being a trick gun performer. I imagine he would be a dead eye while performing all manner of physically challenging feats.

"Armor Piercing Rounds" Blast 9 (Extras: Linked to Paralyze 9 [Extras], Penetrating 3; PF: Improved Range (175ft), Improved Critical 2, Ricochet, Variable Descriptor 2)

Power Attack 5; DC 29 TOU, DC 24 FORT on hit (1d20+15=17) oh hell no. re-roll.

re-roll. Power Attack 5; DC 29 TOU, DC 24 FORT on hit (1d20.minroll(11)+15=26) wtf? Nothing for it, I guess.

Skill Mastery the Acrobatics for a 30. reduces the falling by 25 feet or so? Should be a non-issue with his high toughness.

Toughness save (DC 29) and Fort save (DC 24) (1d20+8=28, 1d20+6=13)

Fails the Toughness save by 1, so he's bruised.

But fails the Fort save by 11, so he's paralyzed!

(How/why do his bullets paralyze? Be aware that "shooting through their spine" is not an acceptable answer.)

Shame about that dead-man's switch he had.

Everyone gets an HP for that, and now has a burning apartment complex to contend with.

I've explained the paralysis multiple ways before, I think... At one point I think I used a bullet that shocked their nervous system. Would that work? If not, I'm sure I could come up with something else. He does have Variable Descriptor 2 on just about all of his powers so anything Scientific would work, really.

EDIT: As this thread has been going on since February, I've forgotten how many HP we all have. By default Colt has 5. I think I used one to give Grim a shotgun early on, so that leaves me with 4. The extra HP now would put me back at 5, I think, right?

Think you can fix up the

Colt's aim is true as ever, but the mystery man is no slouch himself -- a combination of armored clothing and keen reflexes protect him form most of the damage, and the shot only wings him in the shoulder. But that's enough for the [applied phlebotinum] to work its magic, and he falls, paralyzed.

then?