[Interceptors] Zombie Powder is a Helluva Drug [OOC]

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colt: Not just another pretty face!

JoaB knows he's heard descriptions of a guy in camo and hunting gear running around the city, with lots of weapons, targeting certain superhumans (hero, villain, and undecided), but nothing more than that.

Grim knows quite a bit more. This guy goes by the name Witchfinder; specializes in hunting down and killing supernatural menaces... and anything supernatural that could become a menace... and anyone who associates with supernatural beings. Rumor was he tried burning down The Neverending Story once, while people were locked inside, but that was never proven, and quick response from some local heroes prevented any severe damage. He knows his stuff, as the iron-inflicted wound in her neck proves; he studies targets, sets ambushes, basically a boogeyman for all the Things That Go Bump In The Night. He can even sense magic, somehow, and nullify some weak magic effects. Word is he does it all because of some tragedy in his past, some beastie killed his folks in front of him or something, and he's vowed vengeance on them all.

Colt knows that, and more. His magic-sensing and -nullifying ability comes from the bracers he's got on (Greek in origin); he's not above using magical items to kill other supernatural critters, but he'll destroy the item as soon as it's served its purpose. He knows he spent a few years studying around the world; even has the names of a few of his teachers. Wanted by the FBI and the Brotherhood of the Yellow Sign, and that's just for starters! Don't know his real name, though.

It's just easier to post what Grim's gonna do by copying Doc's suggestion from chat :D

(22:24:51) Dr_Archeville: (whispers) you think correct! But since she's staggered, she can only take a move or a standard action per round. So if she wanted to do it all in one round, Extra Effort to SURGE, and an HP to get the Alt Power feat.

So Grim is gonna stagger out of the MAVERIC, which is ironic since she is in fact Staggered, surge and Heal herself before Witchfinder, Colt and God Himself.

And Jackie B! :cthulhu:

Fox and Dr A gave me a few pointers in chat, summed up nicel in the following quote:

23:20:32) Dr_Archeville: (whispers) no, that's what I was posting about Healing' s a full action by default, so she'd need the Action [standard] extra to do so as a standard action. But she can add on the Personal Flaw to keep the rank the same. And as it is now, it'll only heal her Disabled condition; if she adds on Total, it'll get both her Disabled and Staggered.

This is the course of action I shall pursue; based on her roll, Grim can still easily remove both Disabled and Staggered after applying Standard Action, Personal and Total to the AP.

Many thanks to Doc and Fox! :D

In this case, I'll allow that. A few loose-lipped teachers (booze is a social lubricant!), and I don't think it's too far-fetched to say Colt's been looking through FBI & Interpol Most Wanted lists (bounty hunter habits die hard), and they'd have several educated guesses to who he is. (How'd they get to the Brownstone's server? Vince surely has no idea!) All this together, and Colt's 99.9% certain this guy's name is Jeremy Blaine.

That said, I have 3hp left. One of which I'm about to spend.

Heroic Feat: AP Colt's guns:

"Breaker Bullet" Drain Toughness 10 (Extras: Affects Objects, Secondary Effect, Linked to [Blast 10 (Extras: Secondary Effect; Flaws: Limited/Objects only)]; Flaws: Objects Only; PF: Penetrating 3, Improved Critical 2) [45pp]

I would like to use this power to attack one of his gauntlets that nullify magic. Is that possible?

If it is possible, I would like to use Extra Effort to surge and attack the second gauntlet.

Please let me know if this is going to work or not before I roll, etc.

Since it's just one Device, you can use one attack action to shoot both. I.e., I'm not going to make you use two actions just because the descriptor of the one device is "pair of bracers."

You could of course surge to shoot him with a rubber science bullet to KO him.

... and now I need to refamiliarize myself with Damage to Objects ;)

I don't think I can. That would be switching the Array twice in one round, would it not? Either way, I'll nix the extra effort for now until you rule on this, and I'll make my first roll.

"Breaker Bullet" Power Attack 5 vs. Bracers; DC 25 Fort vs. Toughness Drain, then DC 30 TOU vs. Damage (1d20+15=19)

LOL! If that doesn't hit, I'm SO re-rolling it. (If it does hit, I won't blow the HP, I'm just trying not to slow us down).

HP Re-Roll: "Breaker Bullet" Power Attack 5 vs. Bracers; DC 25 Fort vs. Toughness Drain, then DC 30 TOU vs. Damage (1d20+15=28) Better.

Ah, sorry!

In that case, first shot, failed the Drain Toughness by 4 (Toughness reduced 4 points, from 12 to 8). And that means the Toughness ave failed by 13, so the bracers are "disabled"/badly damaged, so they're so damaged they no longer function (but can be repaired).

In that case, do you want to take the second shot to try and destroy them (with those rolls, the second shot would destroy them completely), or kick him in the face? Or not take a second shot/not use Extra Effort to surge?

Well, at the risk of stepping on Colt's toes, Jack's going to try to wrap this encounter up quickly so that they can get back to what they were doing!

Jack of all Blades

Move Action: Get out of the MAVERIC to Whatshisface.

Standard Action: Energy Sword Power Attack 5. (1d20+15=21)

Ew. I'm going to assume that misses, so... Energy Sword Power Attack 5 reroll. (1d20.minroll(11)+15=27)

That's be a DC 21 Fort Save for the Drain Toughness and a DC 29 Toughness Save. Lemme know if he needs to surge.