[Interceptors] Zombie Powder is a Helluva Drug [OOC]

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they could talk? And the way you described it, the ground floors are basically solid flames. To someone standing on the street, there wouldn't be much of a way of getting in the building. Colt doesn't have his Stellar Cycle on him (It would take a while to get here if he called it with the remote), and he has no grappling hook like Jack does.

Add to that the fact that Colt's slightly irrational at the moment knowing Grim is trapped somewhere inside. To him (and myself), having to make a split second decision, that seems like all he would be able to do. I purposefully wasn't thinking about it too hard when I made that post.

If you still have an issue with it, I can think of something else. That was just me calling it as I saw it.

Paralyzed = helpless, unable to move or take actions. No talkin'

As for the apartment -- clearly I was not... clear. It's the basement where the firebombs went off. The ground floor is on fire, and the flames are quickly spreading, but the ground floor isn't engulfed. Yet.

If only some brave cowboy with ultra-tech guns had an ice bullet....

Ah, okay. That explains things a little. I'll make an edit. But before I do...

Colt has a Cone effect on his rifle. Would it be too much to ask to spend a hero point and have it fire a large cone of water instead of buckshot a la previously mentioned super tech bullets? I'm assuming I should be spending the point because normally, despite having variable descriptor 2, the cone would deal damage. I'm not trying to damage the structure or anything. I just want to spray the fire with harmless jets of water.

One more thing? I don't recall the paralysis from Colt's weapon being Sustained or anything. Shouldn't the dude get another save at a +1 this round before Colt acts?

I'd let you stunt a Nullify Fire effect, descriptor'd as "Cone of Cold," to attempt to counter/extinguish the fire.

And, no, Mystery Man gets saves on Colt's spot in the initiative, the time he was shot with the effect. That's when additional saves go off, at the time the effect was hit, not the beginning of the round.

Right. That's cool.

So the normal effect is this:

AP: "Skeet Shot" Damage 13 (Extras: General Area Cone, Selective; PF: Affects Insubstantial 2, Variable Descriptor 2) {43dp}

But I actually have 45 device points to use when I stunt. And so:

AP: "Cone of Cold" Nullify Fire 15 (Extras: General Area Cone, Selective; Flaws: Unreliable 5/day [limited ammo]) {45dp}

Nullify Fire would be 2pp/r +2pp/r [extras] -1pp/r [flaws] = 3pp/r; 3*15=45

I'll wait to see if that stunt is approved before I edit my post.

unreliable check 11 or higher passes (1d20=9)

UGH. Spend a second HP this turn to make a re-roll on that. That automatically passes.

Power Check for Nullify Fire 15 (1d20+15=19)

what the hell? I already used a re-roll this turn, so does that mean I can't re-roll that? Or does that rule not apply as it's for a different check? I forget. If I CAN re-roll, I will, but for now, I remain at 3HP.

Colt saw Marlin's blast had a tiny effect, but the fire quickly raged to recover what ground it had lost. If he could get in a better position, maybe he would have a better chance at snuffing the flames.

Can I get a little more description of what's around the first floor of the building? Maybe that way I'll be better able to determine what a "better position" would be. Right now, I really don't have much of a clue what Colt has to work with...

Hmmm as far as better positioning goes, can I possibly get a sense motive, or notice check to see where would be a better place to stand? The front of the building is rather flat, I could climb to the second story, etc... But really without being in the situation it's hard to know where the fire would be spreading to next, etc. Is there a hint button? :P