Southside Story (OOC)

Skysong

That's all good, quote. Your attack is good enough to hit; the shelf is wide enough that Andy can't get out from behind it fast enough to avoid being trapped. Despite being very heavy, it is not too heavy for Lukos to push over. Go right ahead. Your interpretation of the map is also correct; sorry it was ambiguous.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toughness vs Zombie DC 23 (1d20+12=17) Ouch! Not going to stand there stunned while they chew on me.

HP reroll: Reroll Toughness vs Zombie DC 23 (1d20+12=17) A 27 overall.

Primary Attack: -3/+3 Power Attack Zombie (1d20+5=24) DC 30 Toughness

Here are a couple of Takedown Attack rolls: Takedown 1 vs Zombie (1d20+5=16) DC 30, Takedown 2 vs zombie (1d20+5=17) DC 30

With her 10 foot reach, she could hypothetically crunch a fair number of the beasts. I'm sure they're tough as nails though.

Yep, the metal-zombies are beastly tough; I'm using a sort of modified "ablative" protection, though, so their toughness decreases with each hit regardless of whether it causes injury.

Lukos's axe swing leaves his target bruised.

Fulcrum's punch leaves her target staggered and stunned.

Zak's first bolt does pretty much nothing. His second downs the one Fulcrum injured.

Lukos, still being flanked, is hit this time. Roll a DC 23 toughness save.

Toughness DC 23 (1d20+12=30)

Piece of cake. I'm not grappled or anything, right?

EDIT: Just going to go ahead with this... I'll just edit later if its not kosher.

Need to stop those two going for the door:

PA 5, AoA 5 DC 30 on hit. (1d20+10=14)

If that doesn't work, re-roll

PA 5, AoA 5 DC 30 on hit. (1d20.minroll(11)+10=26)

And just for the record, I'm going to set this ahead of time. His involuntary transformation will kick in if he takes 3 or more lethal injuries.

I should really be talking. ;)

Updated! Switching array to use Super Breath and blowing down the zombies, including the packet-retrieving zombie. The two at the door will not be effected. Reflex DC 22 for half DC for the trip. Strength Check: Strength Check for Super Breath Trip (1d20+12=13)

That blows. Pun intended. So if I'm reading this right, if they make the Reflex DC 22, then the Trip DC is...7. If they fail, its 13. >.<

Oh well, was a good idea at the time. :)

If they pass the reflex save, the DC would actually be 6, because you are supposed to round down. You might consider spending a HP to re-roll the str check? minimum of 11 on the roll would give you a nice 33 minimum for the check. that would mean even if they pass the reflex save, the DC would still be a whopping 16 which is three points higher than the max DC you got now.

*shrug*

I don't think it makes much of a difference in this case, but should it come up again, I'd be okay with leaving it up to Skysong. You're formula sounds rather confusing to me. I like mine better, jus' sayin'. ;)

True dat. I have a knack for making simple things more difficult. I should work for the government. ;)

Tell you what, I'll blow the HP and see what happens.

HP reroll Strength Check for Super Breath Trip (1d20+12=14) DC 24 total. The ball is your court, Skysong. Lets drop some zombies, regardless of the formula used! :D

Heh... good memories of the DMV... not.

So, getting toward wrapping things up; this has gone too long because I'm slow. A solitary zombie survived both Zak and Fulcrum's ingenuity; there are still four surrounding Lukos, one of them badly damaged, another about to escape.