Materialism R' Us!

Veiled Malice

This is where you tell what you got for your individual holiday, which is, as we all know, the only reason we celebrate. :D

Fairly light haul for me:

Got a couple of books, Alternate Generals III, by Harry Turtledove, and Postwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus, by Orson Scott Card,

Some dice my friend picked up in Las Vegas,

A change jar (I have a lot of change),

A car adapter for my cell phone,

about $260 dollars in checks from various people,

some assorted magnets for my new house (yes, I finally live in a house now. :) ),

and last, but certainly not least, my George Foreman Grill! Knock out the fat!! :D

P.S. Oh yeah, and a 42" flatscreen TV. No real need to mention that.

This is where you tell what you got for your individual holiday, which is, as we all know, the only reason we celebrate. :D

Got a couple of books, Alternate Generals III, by Harry Turtledove, and Postwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus, by Orson Scott Card,

some assorted magnets for my new house (yes, I finally live in a house now. :) ),

and last, but certainly not least, my George Foreman Grill! Knock out the fat!! :D

I got a bunch of cool stuff for Christmas!

-My sister knitted me a really nifty winter hat (pink with polka dots).

-One of my internet buddies sent me a hilariously geeky t-shirt.

-Another of my internet buddies bought me the Hero High PDF.

-Yet another of my internet buddies paid the hosting on our websites for the 1st quarter of 08 (*hugs and kisses*).

-My parents bought me a new coat (it's awesometastical!)

-One of my brothers bought me some gourmet candy (which I have already eaten this morning . . . yep, all of it!)

-My other brother gave me a $25 gift certificate to our local comic shop.

-I got tons of really sweet, funny, and profound Christmas cards, letters, and emails.

It was a great Christmas!

-Yet another of my internet buddies paid the hosting on our websites for the 1st quarter of 08 (*hugs and kisses*).

-One of my brothers bought me some gourmet candy (which I have already eaten this morning . . . yep, all of it!)

-I got tons of really sweet, funny, and profound Christmas cards, letters, and emails.

I got a light haul this year, since I have to drag everything back to the Great White North when I leave this lovely country.

- Inn-Fighting, a D&D stand-alone dice game

- I Am Legend by Richard Matheson, republished with a wonderful minimalistic cover and rounded edges from Orion Books.

- Stripburger, a Slovenian comics magazine that publishes independent and underground artists. It's been a comic book establishment in these parts for years.

- In my stocking I received fancy condiments (chocolate - fig jam!), crackers, cookies, curry powder and hot sauces.

- I'm receiving packages from both sides of the family, but I won't be seeing them until well into the new year.

- Some cash via direct deposit.

We ate an enormous amount of food and drank even more wine, some of which was homemade. There was plenty of snowfall so I was convinced this is actually winter. It was a brilliant Christmas.

I got a light haul this year, since I have to drag everything back to the Great White North when I leave this lovely country.

- I Am Legend by Richard Matheson, republished with a wonderful minimalistic cover and rounded edges from Orion Books.

- Stripburger, a Slovenian comics magazine that publishes independent and underground artists. It's been a comic book establishment in these parts for years.

- In my stocking I received fancy condiments (chocolate - fig jam!), crackers, cookies, curry powder and hot sauces.

- I'm receiving packages from both sides of the family, but I won't be seeing them until well into the new year.

We ate an enormous amount of food and drank even more wine, some of which was homemade. There was plenty of snowfall so I was convinced this is actually winter. It was a brilliant Christmas.

I'll just list the things that I put on my Christmas list that I got. I also got a lot of gift cards to bookstores, since I'm a voracious reader.

Bookshelf (which can also hold DVDs)

Nose hair trimmer

Electric toothbrush

Wireless network adapter

I feel pretty lame showing you what was on my list, but I also got some cooler things that I hadn't specifically asked for, such as a book signed by Orson Scott Card, Guitar Hero III, and a variety of chocolate and pretzels in various mixtures.

I'll just list the things that I put on my Christmas list that I got. I also got a lot of gift cards to bookstores, since I'm a voracious reader.

Nose hair trimmer

Electric toothbrush

Wireless network adapter

I feel pretty lame showing you what was on my list, but I also got some cooler things that I hadn't specifically asked for, such as a book signed by Orson Scott Card, Guitar Hero III, and a variety of chocolate and pretzels in various mixtures.

Nose hair trimmer

Electric toothbrush

Wireless network adapter