IN SPAAAAACE! OOC

Gizmo

Uh... sure! Yes. Okay. I can do that. Erm... Jack's put himself between his group and the rest of the fight, so Atlas can't hit them without hitting Jack (he could probably make the Reflex save, but let's save that for a last resort!), and there's a pair in melee combat with both Physicus and the Tempestian woman, but the remaining four (two Arrowhawk stunned, one Physicus stunned and the one calling for reinforcements) should be fair game.

Reflex save vs. DC 22 (1d20+5=14, 1d20+5=14, 1d20+5=16, 1d20+5=13)

None of them make their Reflex save, so:

Toughness save vs. DC 27 (1d20+8=20, 1d20+8=28, 1d20+8=17, 1d20+8=22)

One of the ones near the blue lady makes the save, but the other get sent for a loop. His buddy is bruised and stunned again, the one Physicus originally attacked is now stunned and staggered and the one who called for help is bruised and stunned.

As for Knockback, they've got -4, and that attack was +12, so that'd be, uh, 250 feet. Hmm. The three who took damage get slammed into the side of the fallen ship, for DC 23 damage.

Toughness save vs. DC 23 (1d20+7=11, 1d20+8=20, 1d20+7=20)

Ouch. The one next the the Tempestian is bruised, stunned and staggered; the other two each pick up and extra bruise.

• 25 Tempestian Lady - uninjured
    22 Arrowhawk - 1 HP - uninjured
    16 Physicus - 0 HP - bruised
    13 Jack of all Blades - 3 HP - uninjured
    13 Broan Soldiers
    • [*:323kpluv]7 uninjured
      [*:323kpluv]1 stunned
      [*:323kpluv]1 stunned and bruisedx2
      [*:323kpluv]1 staggered and stunned, 2 staggered, stunned and bruised

13 Atlas - 4 HP - uninjured

6 Gossamer - 1 HP - uninjured

To recap, Jack is on the left side of the clearing with 1 stunned and staggered and 3 uninjured enemies. To the right, Physicus has 2 uninjured Broans in his face. In the middle, the Tempestian is surrounded by 2 uninjured and 1 stunned, while 1 stunned and bruisedx2 and 2 staggered, stunned and bruised were smacked into the ship, nearby. Got it? Good.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually with Leaping 4 active, Atlas can jump 275ft from a stand still as a Move Action (would be further but Strength from Growth doesn't count). He actually the only one in the thread with a movement power* too :o . This is a very weird thread based upon the make up of the party.

* Swinging not included, sorry :spidey:

Interpose doesn't let you move as a reaction, does it? I was just saying he's not adjacent to Physicus yet based on the IC description of him not walking all the way into the thick of things.

As for the party makeup, I think it turned out pretty well for the genre! Every space pirate crew needs a designated Big Guy, but overall the feel should skew a little more towards evasion, I think. Actually, if we accept Jack as The Kirk of this little romp, then Arrowhawk and Physicus provide Lancers on the gritty, 'whatever it takes' and the idealistic, 'we're better than that' ends of the spectrum respectively, while Gossamer is a combo Smart Chick and the Tepestian lady (she has a name, you just don't know it yet) fills in as The Pilot.

...I may have given this too much thought.

No, I physically have to be next to the person. It's just that if anyone is getting hammered, Atlas can go lend a hand is all I'm saying. If you could move as a reaction, that'd be a touch broken. It would effectively jack the party's PL up a few notches. Take their mondo Defense rating, and then slap Atlas's Toughness save with that, JoAB would be PL 16 Defensively. Then all Atlas would have to do was use his Healing every round to clear the damage he took, if any. But it doesn't work like that. Only 1/round and only on someone I'm literally standing next to.

The Tempestian's ball lightning attack catches the two Broan's attacking her, the thee Atlas just slammed into the ship and the one who managed to save against the shockwave earlier.

Reflex Save vs. DC 17 (1d20+5=10, 1d20+5=7, 1d20+5=14, 1d20+5=24, 1d20+5=13, 1d20+5=9) One of them makes the save to reduce his Toughness check.

The two uninjured Broans: Toughness Save vs. DC 22 (1d20+8=9, 1d20+8=22)

One staggered and stunned, one uninjured.

The stunned and bruisedx2 Broan who got slammed into the ship: Toughness Save vs. DC 22 (1d20+6=20)

Picks up a third bruise.

The staggered, stunned and bruised Broan who made the reflex save: Toughness Save vs. DC 18 (1d20+7=18)

Made his save.

The staggered, stunned and bruised Broan who didn't make the reflex save: Toughness Save vs. DC 22 (1d20+7=12)

That would be another staggered condition, so he's unconscious! Just 11 to go!

The stunned Broan who previously saved against Atlas's shockwave: Toughness Save vs. DC 22 (1d20+8=11)

Staggered and stunned again.

• 25 Tempestian Lady - uninjured
    22 Arrowhawk - 1 HP - uninjured
    16 Physicus - 0 HP - bruised
    13 Jack of all Blades - 3 HP - uninjured
    13 Broan Soldiers
    • [*:2t7gvtdl]6 uninjured
      [*:2t7gvtdl]1 stunned and bruisedx3
      [*:2t7gvtdl]3 staggered and stunned
      [*:2t7gvtdl]1 staggered, stunned and bruised
      [*:2t7gvtdl]1 unconscious

13 Atlas - 4 HP - uninjured

6 Gossamer - 0 HP - uninjured

In retrospect, I may have made these guys a little tougher than I meant to. But that's okay! Now I know enough to make the real battle ever more awesome! :awesome:

• 3 weeks later...

'Hawk gets a complication HP 'cause apparently giant, ship-mounted space cannons are just really big handguns. It's worth noting that this makes him markedly more mentally disturbed than Batman, who never had much problem with vehicle mounted missiles and lasers of all kinds. Just sayin'.

• 2 weeks later...

Initiative: 15+4=19

Star Wars provided an interesting explanation for sound in space: when a ship raises its shields, it traps a bubble of air through which sound can travel. Probably still not scientifically sound, but pseudo-sciencey at least.

Something from Star Wars? Not scientifically sound? :P

*makes a joke about wizards with magic swords... IN SPAAAAACE!*

That said, it does sound scientific enough for a setting where people routinely fire lasers out their butts. Or at least from some part of their anatomy.

Where would the air trapped in the bubble come from in the first place?! Besides, everyone knows TIE fighters don't have shields. They're not even pressurized! Madness.

Longboat Drones - Initiative. (1d20+1=9)

Asteroid Base - Initiative. (1d20+8=21)

• 28 - Arrowhawk - 2 HP - Uninjured
    21 - Asteroid Base - Undamaged
    19 - Physicus - 1 HP - Bruised
    19 - Myshel - Uninjured
    14 - Jack of all Blades - 4 HP - Uninjured
    13 - Gossamer - 1 HP - Uninjured
    9 - Longboat Drones - 12 Uninjured
    6 - Atlas - 5 HP - Uninjured

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...