IN SPAAAAACE! OOC

Gizmo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, goody... Broan. Physicus is going to have a field day.

Giz, don't forget Physicus' Enemy complication :P

Well, doy. Why d'you think I picked Broan in the first place? Sky, assuming Physicus responds appropriately to our tusked buddies, he gets an extra HP right off the bat.

If you guys want to post arriving at the clearing, feel free. We're just waiting for Atlas to actually start combat.

Well, doy. Why d'you think I picked Broan in the first place?

Your unfortunate lack of imagination? :D

If you guys want to post arriving at the clearing, feel free. We're just waiting for Atlas to actually start combat.

Can I assume arriving via Stealth? With Skill Mastery and taking -20 to run using Stealth, he still gets 11 (plus any circumstance bonuses for them focussing on Electro Lass!)

Well, I'll give you a +5 circumstance bonus for their distraction (even though, with twelve of them there, they're probably not all paying full attention to her), but the Broan's have a +10 Notice to begin with. Normally I wouldn't warn you, but for the sake of a dramatic entrance, do you still want to go for the full -20?

Alright, using Initiative bonuses as tie-breakers, that makes it:

• 25 Tempestian Lady - uninjured
    22 Arrowhawk - 2 HP - uninjured
    16 Physicus - 2 HP - uninjured
    13 Jack of all Blades - 3 HP - uninjured
    13 Broan Soldiers - 12 uninjured
    13 Atlas - 4 HP - uninjured
    6 Gossamer - 1 HP - uninjured

EDIT: So, the problem with basing a character off of an existing NPC is the realization that you didn't really pay much attention to how her powers actually work. I kept rolling the wrong dice trying to figure things out! Regardless, I've got a handle on it now, and Arrowhawk is up.

Toughness save vs. DC 25 (1d20+8=17) That a third one stunned.

Jack will move forward, making a Skill Mastery Acrobatics check to slip past the four Broans closest to him and put himself between them and the rest of the fight. A Power Attack +5 (1d20+12=18) seems to be the appropriate response. Hmm, not much Autofire on that, sadly; the DC will be 28.

Toughness save vs. DC 28. (1d20+8=14) Ooh, staggered and stunned.

For the sake of argument, the clearing is big enough to accommodate the downed ship: a little less than 200' long and closer to 120' wide at the rear, which is where we're fighting. The point being, it'll take a move action to get to the outer Broan soldiers, and two move actions to get all the way to the Tempestian woman, assuming you can get around the enemy without issue.

Now, the bad guys! They all have enough Regeneration to shrug off a single bruise automatically. The two next to our blue friend who aren't stunned will each take a swipe at her: Attack (1d20+5=7, 1d20+5=15) Those both miss easily.

One from the group Physicus attacked is going to spend the turn sending for help, while two others charge forward and attack the prince. Attack (1d20+5=6, 1d20+5=23) That second one hits, alright! That's a DC 26 Toughness save for Physicus.

Two from Jack's group flank him to aid their pal: Aid (1d20+5=21, 1d20+5=15) That's +4 to the third soldier's attack: Attack (1d20+9=16). That's a miss by a wide margin.

• 25 Tempestian Lady - uninjured
    22 Arrowhawk - 1 HP - uninjured
    16 Physicus - 0 HP - bruised
    13 Jack of all Blades - 3 HP - uninjured
    13 Broan Soldiers - 8 uninjured, 3 stunned, 1 staggered and stunned
    13 Atlas - 4 HP - uninjured
    6 Gossamer - 1 HP - uninjured

Going to use Atlas's Shockwave power feat to hit the maximum number of Broan I can catch in a 120ft cone without hitting any of my allies. DC 27 Toughness save (or 21 if they make a DC 22 Reflex save).

And we'll say Atlas has Super-Strength 6 and Leaping 10 active right now.