Really Creepy

So, I've been thinking about a mutant with only one minor power. An aura of wrongness. People can't stand to be around her. Everyone thinks she's creepy, weird, strange, et cetera. The only thing I can think of is it being a Feature as I can't think of anything mechanically to give it. Would it even be that? Or something fluff-related?

Sounds like a complication unless they can actually use it for something more. Just get an HP every-time the waiter ignores you or you can't get a date to prom.

If you want it to actually cause mechanical effects perhaps some kind of emotion control aura but that too me seems overkill from what you described and I can't think of any of the emotions that really fit.

If you actually want something with a "beneficial" mechanical effect, here's an idea:

Emotion Control 10 (Feats: Subtle, Extras: Area, Aura, Flaws: Limited [Fear], Limited [Cannot Inflict Worse Than "Shaken"], Uncontrolled) [11PP]

Well emotion control is also perception range standardly so I think it would come out to Emotion Control 10 (extras: Area, Aura; Flaws: Range: touch -2, Limited: Fear, Limited: Shaken only, Permanent -0; PFs: Subtle) [6pp] Or maybe even adding the insidious extra as well to bring it up to 11pp and have it be even harder to tell whats going on.

But again if its supposed to be something that just creeps people out with no benefit it would be a complication.

I don't think the Insidious extra would apply. People know they're being creeped out, and they know who is creeping them out. It's just not obvious that it's a power.

I left the range at Perception so people wouldn't get a Reflex save for 1/2 "damage."

Perception range on an aoe effect still gets a reflex save the effect is just centered within perception range when activated.

If its the perception version of area it would still be centered on her at touch range but would effect anyone who perceives her with the effected sense type (the perception area effect is bundled with sense dependent) But they would still get a reflex save to look away. The reflex is built into the Area extra replacing whatever normal targeting mechanism.

Of course that may have been errata'd or clarified on ATT as I can't navigate that place for the life of me.

NO, Perception-range Area effects DO NOT give a Reflex save for half "damage." I'm not talking about the horrible mess that is the "Perception" type of Area listed in UP. I'm talking about what happens when an effect has both Perception Range and the Area extra.

...Touchè, Durf.

Emotion Control 10 (Feats: Subtle, Extras: Area, Aura, Duration [Aura, Continuous], Flaws: Limited [Fear], Limited [Cannot Inflict Worse Than "Shaken"], Permanent [Aura], Range 2 [Touch]) [6PP]

The effect upon others is still Sustained (Lasting) in duration. It's just the Aura itself that's Permanent.