Alternate Form--Projection

You can't quite seem to make up your mind as to whether this is an under priced and "strong ability" or whether it is "making a mountain out of a molehill." :D

Either way, I feel no more need to argue about it. :) You asked, so I told you my thoughts on 1) how the Refs will deal with the Flaw, and I told you 2) from my personal experience how other players react to people exploiting Flaws and trying to turn them into Extras (or powers). In a long-running game I help Admin, we've had two players try to exploit the Projection extra just like you have suggested. The other players saw it for what it was and generally weren't interested in playing with that character.

I wouldn't be either, but maybe around here I'm alone in this.

Considering that I never even submitted a character accusing me of trying to exploit the flaw is unfair. But no matter, I know better than to try to intro a power the refs are strongly against. I'll just save the concept for later.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that I never even submitted a character accusing me of trying to exploit the flaw is unfair.

Awww, no one was accusing you of anything. We all know you haven't submitted that character. I was just pointing out what experiences others have had pursuing the character course we were discussing. Your mileage may vary. :D

But no matter, I know better than to try to intro a power the refs are strongly against. I'll just save the concept for later.

Actually, in the interest of fairness, what I actually said was . . .

I don't think it's a flaw that really works for a game like this, but the other Refs tend to disagree, so feel free to take it.

Considering that I never even submitted a character accusing me of trying to exploit the flaw is unfair.

Awww, no one was accusing you of anything. We all know you haven't submitted that character. I was just pointing out what experiences others have had pursuing the character course we were discussing. Your mileage may vary. :D

But no matter, I know better than to try to intro a power the refs are strongly against. I'll just save the concept for later.

I don't think it's a flaw that really works for a game like this, but the other Refs tend to disagree, so feel free to take it.