Law with a Slight Helping of Order

BType

I'm here to ask Ref and others for advice. As part of the Terror's backround, he's a plainclothes detective for a FCPD department called Special Crimes Unit. vaguely inspired by the Law and Order franchise's Special Victims Unit and the comic Gotham Central and their Major Crimes Unit.

As I basically pulled an entire precinct/division of the Freedom City Police Department out of my arse, I was hoping to get Ref and player input on the subject.

On a side note, in this PbP's canon, is DaCosta Construction affiliated with the Freedom City Mafia, or is that only a rumor?

BType,

Do you have (or have access to) the Agents of Freedom book? It goes into much more detail about the Freedom City Police Department. STAR (Special Tactics and Response?) Squad is the FC police unit charged with handling super-crime. They get extra money, extra training, extra equipment, and just enough super-science gadgets to keep themselves competitive with super-criminals.

(Even if they can't fight a PL 10 monster, they can at least delay or distract one long enough to save the civvies and let the heroes come in.)

I do actually. STAR is actually a SWAT Team as opposed to an investigative team. I'm thinking closer to a special precinct for organized crime, superhuman crimes, and politically investigations investigations, like as shown with Gotham City's MCU http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotham_City_Police_Department.

I just wanted to know if I should get permission, Ref help, or what creating this :). Seemed polite and sensible to ask.

Depends how large you want it to figure into threads. If you just want to say he's part of this department of the PD that deals with big crimes thats fine. If you want his day job to come up in thread much you should work with the refs to make sure you don't introduce anything that is counter to the feel we're going for.

BT, things tend to slip through the cracks here sometimes. Please don't take it personally. Taking the initiative is generally the best thing a player can do around here. So, good job, and stuff.

Go ahead and work up whatever you've got in mind. Just be sure to get the Moderators to rubber-stamp it before you introduce it into threads.