The Rats in the Mall (IC)

Lone Star

Eventually the ship came to a halt overhead, its lights and siren still going, and hovered there for several moments. A shimmering column of light formed near the fallen baddies, quickly transforming itself into a humanoid figure in a heavy, bulky suit and big, opaque helmet. Muttering audibly to itself, the figure bent over the fallen criminals and scanned them with some kind of hand sensor. "It's Kara and Lara, all right," it called up to its ship. "Beam them up!" With that a flash of light pulled the alien criminals into the ship, just like the one that had put the visitor there. Waving the sensor around, its face invisible behind the helmet, the suited figure began scanning the nearby area.

The figure in the suit flew up to him, the bulky bubble at the rear turning out to be a jetpack. Once there, it pressed a few buttons around the edge of its helmet, all ominous silence, and pulled away the big grey sphere to reveal a gorgeous humanoid female, her hair an iridescent blue, eyes shimmering green, her voice low and breathy as she said, "Oh, hello. You must be one of the local authorities. I'm Officer Hro Talak of the Lor Interplanetary Authority. Thank you for your assistance in apprehending those criminals."

"They stole that ship," she said with a sad little shake of her head. "And decided to go on a joyride through some of the more primitive planets, robbing as they went. You know they're not even old enough to have a license?" As she spoke, a beam of light came down from the hovering police ship, pulling the fallen saucer inside. "And now they're looking at months in detention, all because they couldn't wait a few more years. Kids, huh?"

KC rested easy. Although he was uneasy at first, he shrugged his shoulders at the officer. "Yeah, what can you do? Honestly, I think my generation is far worse than the flower children..." For once, a conflict involving aliens and superheroes didn't erupt into epic battle. KC sighed and smiled to himself. Not bad.

She frowned at that, evidently not understanding the reference, but didn't complain. "What matters is the job is done." She smiled at Kid Cthulu as her ship hovered overhead and said, "If you're ever in the Horsehead Nebula, look me up. There's nothing I like better than fighting alongside a fellow defender of the law." And with that, and a smile, she disappeared in that same column of light.