Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Skysong

The Crash (OOC)

Recommended Posts

you did say the hole was _above_ the waterline. Therefore removing the object should have no effect on the water intake. (and actually should raise the ship's waterline as the additional weight from the spaceship won't be weighing the cargo vessel down)

Am I not picturing this right?

Share this post


Link to post

That's true, but because the vessel is listing and the sea is mobile, unplugging the hole would temporarily allow more water to splash in while the weight of the starship is still on the barge. Also, keep in mind that Wolverson doesn't like Metas, and intentionally underestimates Dark Star's power and intelligence in a subtle manner. Removing the starship would actually probably go a long way toward saving the barge, but Wolverson unconsciously considers it worthwhile to throw veiled insults at a group of people he dislikes while he has a captive audience.

Share this post


Link to post

I'll make an attempt to deflect the other missile. Move action to reconfigure my Music Mastery and Standard to use it.

Deflect 12 (Fast Projectiles; Extras: Reflect; PF: Extended Range 9, Interpose, Subtle) [35pp]

So I'll roll to deflect this missile: Deflect Roll vs. Missile (1d20+12=18). I am not impressed. If that doesn't hack it, I'll use an HP to re-roll getting: Deflect Roll vs. Missile (1d20.minroll(11)+12=32)

This will Bring BD's HP total to 2 if the re-roll is needed.

Share this post


Link to post

If that hits (I don't have a lot of faith...)

BE: Cosmic Energy Control 16 (Extra: Penetrating x15; Feat: Accurate x2, Affect Insubstantial x2, Improved Range x2 (Rank x50))

Share this post


Link to post

quotemyname and Dariusprime:The Deflect DC was 20, so we'll call it an "aid another" action and say the hero point was saved. It may be needed soon.

Cyroa: The attack was a miss, but I'll keep the effects of the power in mind.

Despite their size, the Broan ships are fairly nimble. Unless someone slows or immobilizes them, or damages their maneuvering thrusters, their Defense is 20.

EDIT: The Broan ship that Zakitaj hit is now operating at defense 13 because it was Staggered and Stunned. Twas a good roll for him, and not for the ship.

Also, all heroes should check their Defense values against... oh, wait. The Broan got a natural 1. All heroes should laugh in the face of such pathetic aim.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm guessing for now you're not bothering with combat rounds. But just in case: Initiative (1d20+10=25)

If not, and I can go, I will do the following:

Move Action: Reconfigure

Flight 2 [4pp]

Blast 12 (PF: Accurate 4) [28pp]

Regeneration 2 (Bruised/No Action) [3pp]

Standard Action: Blast the wounded ship: Attack vs. Wounded ship Def 13, Power Attack 3; DC 30 toughness on hit (1d20+9=13) Wow, just barely! :D I'll have an IC post up soon.

Share this post


Link to post

Since I don't want Stesha getting too wet while making her appearance, I'll have her burn an HP to stunt an unflawed teleport onto the deck of the cargo ship. =)

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not terribly worried about initiative in this thread; the situation doesn't demand it, and if we disregard it people can post whenever is convenient, which speeds things up.

A warm welcome to the newly-arrived Stesha.

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry I've been away so long, guys; I had internet trouble, then a charity event. I'm back now, though.

Share this post


Link to post

using an HP to stunt a transform or create object or whatever it is I need to do to seal the hull up. ;) was actually going to be buying an AP of his power for that so this is a great excuse! :)

Share this post


Link to post

Nice job, gang! I'm really enjoying how this is playing out.

Does anyone have any objections to this thread taking place on February 26, 2010? If so, speak now, or forever hold your peace.

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone have any objections to this thread taking place on February 26, 2010? If so, speak now, or forever hold your peace.

Fine with me :)

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm, it seems like the action has shifted to the shore; can Gossamer hitch a lift with someone? I guess she can always arrive via the copter that brought her.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I think we may have kind of gotten oopsed to shore somewhere along the line, but that's okay. ;-) Stesha will give her a lift.

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone want to contribute anything more, or shall we call it a thread?

In any case, thanks to the vast number of people who participated. I really appreciate your friendless and willingness to help out a newbie.

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...