A Strange Visitor (OOC)

Gaea

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velocity is now up. Nanowire's action will follow hers.

Also, let me know if anyone attacking the spire tries to aim for a particular section of it. There's lighter portions and darker portions, presumably corresponding to the two sides. Also, if anyone wants to make a Knowledge (technology) roll to guess what purpose it serves, go ahead.

That was a hit and KO. Please make your next attack against the other spider-bot and post the result. Because the standard spider-bots and humanoids are minions, you can also choose to take 10 on your attack roll. Those with higher attack bonuses benefit from this rule, and Velocity certainly qualifies on that front.

I'll cover for Valkyrie and try to move her out of the thread if/when you free her.

Also, it helps me out if you post which attack you're using in your dice roll. You have a couple of options, and that makes it clear what's being used when I go to look up the results. The only reason I knew it was your Strike is because you mentioned the Takedown Attack.

I remembered how two ranks of Takedown Attack works against minions. If she so desires, Velocity could knock out an additional 18 robots (either spider-bots, androids, or both). Of course, if she does this, she will immediately become the highest priority of whichever side she attacked.

I think even with the enhancement for Takedown Attack against minions, they still have to be within five feet of each other to continue using the feat. If there are a couple of others nearby, Velocity will likely take them out as well.

I haven't seen him for some time, and the character is archived. You're up. Even though I don't believe any of you have Assessment, it's clear that the new forms that the two forces are taking will be a lot more difficult to injure than the smaller ones that they were in.

I have a power stunt I would like to try. I would like to AP the pain power off of my Sonic Control, but with the sense dependent and duration flaws, giving me

Pain 4

Standard Action, Perception Range(Flaw, sense-dependent auditory) Duration-Instant. This should make the power two points per rank. I'd then like to add in the burst extra, making the power 3 points per rank, using 12 of the 14 usable points.

I'm not getting the same cost as what you have here. Pain starts out at 5 pp/rank, so flawing it to be Sensory-Dependent and Instant Duration would make it 3 pp/rank. Adding Area (burst) brings it up to 4 pp/rank. That makes sense, since Pain is built off Stun, and buying Stun (Range: Perception, Alternate Save: Will, Area (burst); Sense-Dependent) would also be 4 pp/rank.

I'm also not sure if it would be a Will save or a Fortitude save given your descriptors (which could make a pretty big difference, given that you're going against robots). I like the idea, but I'm not sure it will work well in this circumstance.

Did pain get changed in UP? I'm looking at the Masterminds Manual and it's telling me th base cost is 4pp a rank. I would be keeping it as a will save, as it's more that the sound would mess with peoples minds(or in this case sensors. I hope)

It didn't really change in UP so much as there's an error in the Mastermind's Manual. In the description, it says that Pain is made by adding the Alternate Save (Will), Range (Perception), and Duration (Concentration) extras to Stun. Stun's base cost is 2, and the extras cost +0, +2, and +1, respectively. It always should have been 5 pp/rank.

I'll allow the Will save, but the base cost is still 5 pp/rank.

• 1 month later...