• 24 -- Dark Star -- 5 HP -- Unharmed
    21 -- Jester -- 3 HP -- Unharmed
    19 -- Colt -- 7 HP -- Unharmed
    18 -- Jack of all Blades -- 4 HP -- Unharmed
    16 -- Doktor Archeville -- 4 HP -- Unharmed
    15 -- Grimalkin -- 3 HP -- Unharmed
    11 -- Woman on roof
    2 -- Thugs

...I believe. For the sake of argument, Jack's going to chase the woman across the rooftops on his turn. How far did she get, Sand?

That'd by Dark Star. *sigh* I gotta say, 'Star could have reasonably taken out the thugs, healed the old guy and caught the mysterious woman all on his own, without any need for the rest of us to be here. Kinda makes you wonder why we bother. Well, if he's going after her, could he at least pick Jack up along the way and give him a lift?

......see, this is why I ask whether I should even put him in threads any more....

I'm fine with saying there's a Fiat and she gets away. OR that she's totally immune to all his powers. I don't care. If that helps everyone else have fun, go for it. But would ANY of the heroes there NOT try and go after her?

Aw, I'm just giving you a hard time, man. I agree, it'd be pretty weird for him not to go after her, especially since the Doktor and Grim have the old man taken care of, and 'Star would have the easiest time getting up and over the alley walls. If he gives Jack a lift, it even saves me a turn of running and jumping to catch up to her.

Colt would not hesitate, no. Well, maybe he would, when he saw how much climbing was involved... But I digress. It's up to sand how this plays out. Maybe there's a more pressing matter to attend to?

And hey! Can you pick me up some real clothes on the way back? And maybe something I can hit stuff with?

Hmm. Is there any point in stunting tracking of Jack's energy awareness?
She teleported. I will say you know that because of your energy sense (that energy sense will come in handy :D). With your sense you see an outline of her where she disappeared and nothing else. You can charge your blade with said outline.

I'll wait 24 hours for everybody to respond. if you all answer before then we'll continue then, if not well chug along at noon central

I will say you know that because of your energy sense (that energy sense will come in handy :D). With your sense you see an outline of her where she disappeared and nothing else. You can charge your blade with said outline.

It's a good sense! :) Now, it's not analytical, but it is acute; I take it she was definitely using magic? Any specific type or an idea of her relative strength?

Phooey. I wish it was more clear where the line between "sense fine details" and "perceive specific details" was. Acute lets you distinguish between subjects, so he should be able to tell if her power is like something else, right? I mean, regular vision lets you tell if something is darker or lighter blue, even if you can't determine the exact hexcode for the shade. At the very least he should be able to confirm whether or not it's magic rather than another type of superpower.

Sorry to carry on about it; I've never been entirely clear what Jack is and isn't allowed to pick up on with his energy awareness. I should probably just pick up Analytical and be done with it, but it seems to go against the interpretive, gut reaction I'm going for.

Gizmo, you know it's magic, you can tell it's a teleport, but that's it. Any finer detail would take analytical. That's what I was trying to get at. firgive me for the confusion.

Quote, they have longswords, black padded armor, and pouches with coins in them depending on how Colt rolls :P

Jester's arms elongate and shoot down the street, twisting and turning around corners. For a moment, it looks like he's doing nothing, well more nothing than usual anyways, but then an accordian like sound is heard, as the temple is being pulled toward Jester, comically squishing all the buildings in between. Jester walks out the back of himself, leaving a very weird puppet version of himself holding the road. He takes the fedora off the head of his double while stepping onto the Temple's street

... buh?

So he's essentially pulling the frame of the comic strip panels? A panel about 3 or 4 panels away, currently adjoins this one, he and everyone else steps over the boundary, and then it snaps back to normal? What happens to all of the hanging speech bubbles in the intermediate panels which are now held up by characters that shouldn't ever be there?

My brain hurts!

Imagine you're sitting down at a table, and there's a table cloth draped over the table. At the opposite end of the table is some salt, which you want, but can't reach. So, you pull the table cloth over to you, bring the salt with it. You take the salt and then smooth out the table cloth.