Life's Bazaar (IC)

Sandman XI

... what? How... did he?... but... and the...

HAAAATE

Archeville's right eye twitched, then his left, then his right one again.

Okay, okay, Jack has a point: do nothing to egg Jester on, just go quietly and observe. Focus on learning what I can of the environment and the situation.

propanone + benzene + distilled terebinth resin...

Archeville cautiously crossed the compressed space to the temple's door.

"I hope ve do not vind up causing more of a bedlam dan de villains ve are here to oppose," he muttered.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With much the same twitchy reaction as Dr. Archeville, Colt stumbled across what he could only come to think of as a barrier while led by Grim. Once there, he took a deep breath and made an attempt to steady himself. "Alright. I reckon I didn't just see any'a that. Now I'm'a gonna walk in that there temple, an' I'm gonna pray it's a real buildin'."

"Yeah probably. Hadn't really thought about it though. I'm more of a big picture guy, the details just sort themselves out." says a puzzled Jester as he wiggles his fingers around in a bowl of pasta. Absent mindingly tossing the bowl over his shoulders, he approaches his skin dummy. "Suppose I should give it a shot though." he ever so gently plucks the dummy's fingers off the ground, but as the last ones are released the ground stays right where it is. "Poop." Jester grabs his skin dummy, and throws in onto their side of the fold. He then rolls up his sleeves, grabbing the ground, lifts it up his above his head and sharply brings it down, like a sheet. Reality rights itself and everything goes back to normal, once Jester smooths out the creases anyways.

"Looks like you can do something right dummy." says someone about 5 feet behind Jester... his skin dummy. Jester picks up the skin dummy of himself and runs through a whole ventriloquist routine happy as a clam. "I'm practicing for when we get to see the kiddies." he explains.

"I'm practicing for when we get to see the kiddies."

Despite her best efforts, Grim found just being around the strange clown gave her a headache; rubbing her temples slightly, she cleared her throat.

"Hey there, Jester, was it? I know this is possibly the dumbest thing to say to someone like you, but could you, y'know, take the insanity down a notch? Like to an 8 or 9? We're already out of out depth here, and this is all starting to hurt."

"Why surely my dear!" Jester promptly stuffs the dummy into a coat pocket, and switches to his orange suit get up, doffing his hat as he takes a bow. "I was merely trying to provide a distraction from our own predicament. I was of the mind that we would spend all together too much time dreading where and when we were sent to, and that is just no fun at all. So, I took our minds off the matter, so that we would focus not on ourselves, but on the others here who need our help. But perhaps I've beaten that horse a bit too long. We've avoided the question of "how do we get home?" but I may have replaced it with "how does that Jester fellow stay so sexy?" ... Or perhaps not. Regardless, it's time we be heroes and help those who need it, yes?"

Jester then calmly puts his hat back on and walks over to the temple and knocks on the door, waiting patiently for it to be answered, hands clasped behind his back. Turning back to the group with a grin he says "And somehow, that was the most unexpected thing you've seen me do so far."

There is some wisdom in this fool.

Bah! Inside, now!

Archeville grabbed the handles of the double doors and flung them open, then marched into the temple. "Ve are here to see de head priestess," he announced as he strode down the aisle. "You haff problems. Ve are here to help."

I believe it is more traditional to offer assistance, not ram it down one's throat.

They'll take what aid I deem worthy of giving them and they'll like it!

"Y'see!" Colt blanched as he followed Grim, "I reckon this's why they pay me ta' shoot things. I ain't good't dealin' with clowns like this." Colt motioned to where Jester had entered the building.

"Shucks. I reckon I'll just go 'long fer the ride fer now. I sure don't wanna be the one causin' more problems just by makin' people's minds wander." Colt stopped speaking suddenly. "Well ain't that'a load'a crap." His voice barely audible. "Reckon we don't need no one causin' distractions. We're outta synch enough here as it is."

Dark Star floated just above his companions, keeping watch mainly. He was well aware of his social limitations and figured he'd let the others do the talking. Besides, he wasn't sure how much of Jester's antics he even understood. Not the powers bit. That he had a better grasp on. It was more the man's personality. It was just so...different from his own. Not that DS was unhumorous or a stick-in-the-mud, but Jester was just...out there.

Dark Star just shook his head a little and moved with them, letting his senses extend and keeping alert.

"And somehow, that was the most unexpected thing you've seen me do so far."

Grim smiled gratefully and rested her hand on Jester's arm as she nodded emphatically. "Thank you, seriously. It means a lot to me." She jerked her head back toward the direction they came from. "And thanks for the, uh..." She frowned, curled her fingers and sort of smooshed them back and forth like she was playing a concertina. "Scrunchy thing earlier. It saved us a trip in the rain."

"Well ain't that'a load'a crap." His voice barely audible. "Reckon we don't need no one causin' distractions. We're outta synch enough here as it is."

The changeling wasn't sure if her boyfriend had pitched his voice so low so only she (in theory) could hear him, or if he was just feeling that miserable; regradless, she had, so she stepped over to him, grabbed his collar and pulled him down for a warm kiss before muttering in his ear.

"Hang in there, cowboy, we'll figure this out, alright? Together."

Once she let him go, she grabbed his nose and gave it a playful twist. "Nert! C'mon, let's see how much damage Doc can do." Grim took Colt by the hand and led him into the sanctuary.