A Strange Visitor

Gaea

“Your interpretation of the crash sounds like it matches information I acquired during my initial scans of the craft…. I detected a ‘moving’ object or 'thing' near the center of the craft… as you said, like the out ship swallowed it.†Mr. Fix-it then looked toward the craft and tried to make a guess at it weight.

“I think our best strategy may be to move the craft away from the downtown area. If the ‘thing’ inside the ship were to get out… I fear many more innocent people will be in danger.â€Â

Mr. fix-it then notices the small bird looking girl searching through the rubble. “It would appear the scene is attracting more heroes. I’m not sure that girl should be getting so close to the craft…â€Â

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Kid, it's ok. Looks like we got at least three heroes showing up, though nobody from the Freedom League yet," Kevin says to the teenager who's trying to reassure the crowd... or maybe trying to reassure himself. He glances over to the craft, which still isn't moving. "Heck, they probably just need help. Nobody'd crash in the middle of a city if they couldn't avoid it. More stuff to hit there." His words come off as a bit more well-reasoned than Gordy's stab at things.

Gordy smiles at someone else stepping in to try and talk people down. Someone whose arguments didn't involve the color of the spaceship. 'What was I thinking. It's silver, jeez. I need to work on my oration.' "Thanks. I didn't really think that one through before I started talking. Figured someone should try and calm the crowd down, and I was around. So what do you think? Alien jetting here from a doomed home planet, seeking sanctuary, or something with lots of fangs and two mouths?"

"Kid, it's ok. Looks like we got at least three heroes showing up, though nobody from the Freedom League yet," Kevin says to the teenager who's trying to reassure the crowd... or maybe trying to reassure himself. He glances over to the craft, which still isn't moving. "Heck, they probably just need help. Nobody'd crash in the middle of a city if they couldn't avoid it. More stuff to hit there." His words come off as a bit more well-reasoned than Gordy's stab at things.

Gordy smiles at someone else stepping in to try and talk people down. Someone whose arguments didn't involve the color of the spaceship. 'What was I thinking. It's silver, jeez. I need to work on my oration.' "Thanks. I didn't really think that one through before I started talking. Figured someone should try and calm the crowd down, and I was around. So what do you think? Alien jetting here from a doomed home planet, seeking sanctuary, or something with lots of fangs and two mouths?"

“Well, moving heavy things really isn’t my deal.†Velocity replied to Mr. Fix-it, and then looked over as he mentioned a girl looking through the rubble near the spaceship. The speedster smiled as she recognized the armored heroine. “Valkyrie? She should be fine, she’s pretty tough.â€Â

“Let me go get her over to join our discussion though.â€Â

With that, the speedster was gone, a second latter coming to a halt near Valkyrie. “Hey Val! Good to see you again.†She said with a smile. “Me and another hero were just discussing options on what to do about this thing,†she added, pointing over in the general direction Mr. Fix-it was with her thumb. “We think this thing ‘swallowed’ something else, and that caused the crash.â€Â

She then paused a split second and added, “course, that doesn’t answer where this came from, or what it was that it gobbled up.â€Â

“Well, moving heavy things really isn’t my deal.†Velocity replied to Mr. Fix-it, and then looked over as he mentioned a girl looking through the rubble near the spaceship. The speedster smiled as she recognized the armored heroine. “Valkyrie? She should be fine, she’s pretty tough.â€Â

With that, the speedster was gone, a second latter coming to a halt near Valkyrie. “Hey Val! Good to see you again.†She said with a smile. “Me and another hero were just discussing options on what to do about this thing,†she added, pointing over in the general direction Mr. Fix-it was with her thumb. “We think this thing ‘swallowed’ something else, and that caused the crash.â€Â

She then paused a split second and added, “course, that doesn’t answer where this came from, or what it was that it gobbled up.â€Â

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose was very happy to see the yellow speedster, having worked with her before. She smiles, "Hey you. Good to see you again. Perhaps better circumstances would have been preferred, but what's a hero to do?" She was feeling a little lost, darting around the wreckage. She listens to what Velocity has to say and then looks back at the craft, "Curiouser and curiouser. I'm debating whether or not I should just float through the thing, see if anyone is inside, but I don't know what that would do," she looks sincerely at Valkyrie, "could be bad. But then again, someone may be introuble in there." Rose sighs. She looks past Velocity at at the man she indicated - something about the man reminded her of the G.I Joe cartoon she used to watch, but she couldn't recall exactly what. In any case, with that lab coat, maybe he would know more of what to do here. She smiles again, "So who's this friend of yours?" She floats an inch off the ground, prepared to follow Velocity should she zip back to Mr. Fix-It.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose was very happy to see the yellow speedster, having worked with her before. She smiles, "Hey you. Good to see you again. Perhaps better circumstances would have been preferred, but what's a hero to do?" She was feeling a little lost, darting around the wreckage. She listens to what Velocity has to say and then looks back at the craft, "Curiouser and curiouser. I'm debating whether or not I should just float through the thing, see if anyone is inside, but I don't know what that would do," she looks sincerely at Valkyrie, "could be bad. But then again, someone may be introuble in there." Rose sighs. She looks past Velocity at at the man she indicated - something about the man reminded her of the G.I Joe cartoon she used to watch, but she couldn't recall exactly what. In any case, with that lab coat, maybe he would know more of what to do here. She smiles again, "So who's this friend of yours?" She floats an inch off the ground, prepared to follow Velocity should she zip back to Mr. Fix-It.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

While the other heroes talked among themselves, Mr Fix-it tried to formulate a plan for dealing with the craft. His first concern was moving the craft out of the Downtown area before the "thing" inside got out. To determine his options, the cyborg reached out with his magnetic powers to see if the craft was susceptible to his abilities.

While the other heroes talked among themselves, Mr Fix-it tried to formulate a plan for dealing with the craft. His first concern was moving the craft out of the Downtown area before the "thing" inside got out. To determine his options, the cyborg reached out with his magnetic powers to see if the craft was susceptible to his abilities.

“Yeah, superheroes don’t really get together for coffee regularly. Always seems to be some sort of disaster.†Velocity replied with a smile.

The young speedster then added, “Well, from what I saw on a camcorder, it looked like two comets were flying and the bigger one swallowed the smaller, then this thing appeared. So whatever is in there could be some other unusual aircraft, or spacecraft.â€Â

She looked back over at Mr. Fix-it. “Him? His name is Mr. Fix-it, I think.†She replied. “He sounds like some sort of scientist, we should see what ideas he has come up with.â€Â

With that she started back over towards him, but a bit slower so Valkyrie could follow.

“Yeah, superheroes don’t really get together for coffee regularly. Always seems to be some sort of disaster.†Velocity replied with a smile.

The young speedster then added, “Well, from what I saw on a camcorder, it looked like two comets were flying and the bigger one swallowed the smaller, then this thing appeared. So whatever is in there could be some other unusual aircraft, or spacecraft.â€Â

She looked back over at Mr. Fix-it. “Him? His name is Mr. Fix-it, I think.†She replied. “He sounds like some sort of scientist, we should see what ideas he has come up with.â€Â

With that she started back over towards him, but a bit slower so Valkyrie could follow.

Kevin shrugs outwardly, and grimaces a little inwardly. "Seems like the kid's latched on to me," he thinks.

"Don't know either way yet. I'd figure that they meant to come here, since space is huge, and you don't just end up at a habited planet," he says. "I think most people here think that it's good, or they wouldn't hang around right next to it," he grins suddenly, realizing that he's one of those people, or he wouldn't have come. "Of course, I might be needed for damage control," a tiny voice in his head thinks. He quickly quashes it. He doesn't want any trouble here, and he's superstitious enough to not think about things he doesn't want happening.

Kevin shrugs outwardly, and grimaces a little inwardly. "Seems like the kid's latched on to me," he thinks.

"Don't know either way yet. I'd figure that they meant to come here, since space is huge, and you don't just end up at a habited planet," he says. "I think most people here think that it's good, or they wouldn't hang around right next to it," he grins suddenly, realizing that he's one of those people, or he wouldn't have come. "Of course, I might be needed for damage control," a tiny voice in his head thinks. He quickly quashes it. He doesn't want any trouble here, and he's superstitious enough to not think about things he doesn't want happening.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose smiled as Velocity talked - she liked this hero. She was confident, but not in the least bit conceited. Her confidence was catchy, and Rose felt empowered being around her. She followed Velocity over to the 'Mr. Fix-It' man, but he seemed to be engaged in something at the moment. She went over what she knew of the scene in her head, but the truth was she didn't have enough info to act in any way. Standing there a little lost, her mind involuntarily flicked back to a cartoon she loved when she was younger - 'Phenomenal cosmic powers! Itty bitty living space.'

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose smiled as Velocity talked - she liked this hero. She was confident, but not in the least bit conceited. Her confidence was catchy, and Rose felt empowered being around her. She followed Velocity over to the 'Mr. Fix-It' man, but he seemed to be engaged in something at the moment. She went over what she knew of the scene in her head, but the truth was she didn't have enough info to act in any way. Standing there a little lost, her mind involuntarily flicked back to a cartoon she loved when she was younger - 'Phenomenal cosmic powers! Itty bitty living space.'

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Cheshire makes her way down into the lobby without much in the way of problems. That doesn't really afford her any better view or detail into the craft itself, but the money, jewelery and stock certificates on the floor certainly merit attention.

The craft crashed right into the safe, sending all kinds of valuables everywhere. This is going to be easy pickings.

Heroes and Capes start to descend on the area. Kevin and Gordy manage to calm the nuttier elements of the crowd down, and it isn't long before one of the policemen asks them in helping to move the crowd back.

Velocity, Rose, Mr. Fix-It begin discussing the thing in earnest, and try to formulate a plan to move the thing. Mr. Fix it has a devil of a time trying to figure out how much it weights, it appears to be made out of some sort of super-dense material one minute, and then it appears to be practically non-existent to his analytic senses. All without changing in appearance. It's simply maddening.

Minutes pass, and turn into tens of minutes. The mood of the crowd shifts. With our modern attention span, 40 minutes of complete inactivity are simply unacceptable. Boredom sets in, and the crown begins to disperse.

Scientists from Astro Labs have been called in, but they and their equipment won't be here for another half-hour.

Suddenly...Motion. Kind of.

Velocity notices it. A quick warbling of the craft. It was shaking at nearly hypersonic speed.

Mr. Fix it notices it. The Infrared portion of his vision was spiking. It was nearly blinding to look at. Like a capacitor charging. Like an Explosion barely being contained. It was going to....

He didn't even manage to open his lips in time to warn the people around him.

[OOC- I need a Fortitude save and a Toughness save from everyone. And I need another duo of saves from each of you for various civilians/police/buildings as well. Everyone has 2HP's plus their luck. Just in case you were curious. Depending on how your civilian/police/buildings save, more complications could enter into the fray. Evil GM grin]

Cheshire makes her way down into the lobby without much in the way of problems. That doesn't really afford her any better view or detail into the craft itself, but the money, jewelery and stock certificates on the floor certainly merit attention.

The craft crashed right into the safe, sending all kinds of valuables everywhere. This is going to be easy pickings.

Heroes and Capes start to descend on the area. Kevin and Gordy manage to calm the nuttier elements of the crowd down, and it isn't long before one of the policemen asks them in helping to move the crowd back.

Velocity, Rose, Mr. Fix-It begin discussing the thing in earnest, and try to formulate a plan to move the thing. Mr. Fix it has a devil of a time trying to figure out how much it weights, it appears to be made out of some sort of super-dense material one minute, and then it appears to be practically non-existent to his analytic senses. All without changing in appearance. It's simply maddening.

Minutes pass, and turn into tens of minutes. The mood of the crowd shifts. With our modern attention span, 40 minutes of complete inactivity are simply unacceptable. Boredom sets in, and the crown begins to disperse.

Scientists from Astro Labs have been called in, but they and their equipment won't be here for another half-hour.

Velocity notices it. A quick warbling of the craft. It was shaking at nearly hypersonic speed.

Mr. Fix it notices it. The Infrared portion of his vision was spiking. It was nearly blinding to look at. Like a capacitor charging. Like an Explosion barely being contained. It was going to....

[OOC- I need a Fortitude save and a Toughness save from everyone. And I need another duo of saves from each of you for various civilians/police/buildings as well. Everyone has 2HP's plus their luck. Just in case you were curious. Depending on how your civilian/police/buildings save, more complications could enter into the fray. Evil GM grin]