Containment Means Never Having To Say KABOOM! (OOC)

Dariusprime

Doktor Archeville's grandfather -- also known as Doktor Archeville -- was one of the higher-ranked mad scientists working with the Nazis; giant robots, mutant beasts, shrink rays, all sorts of horrible stuff, though you can't recall any specifics. Ace Danger and Captain Wonder both have fought him! Doktor Archeville (the one before you) has worked for years trying to atone for those misdeeds.

Okay, now I'm a bit worried. ;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I think it's usually associated more with Wisdom ;)

That is one reason we have so many problems. People are tanking their Wisdom for Charisma/Attractive. Blast it all! :D

Idea: Up to a certain point, Fulcrum's body does do as the Doktor just described, re-absorbing its own heat to fuel itself. But past a certain point -- like when she uses Extra Effort -- the cycle goes FUBAR and she start spewing Terminus Energies everywhere.

Sounds great, Doc. Dovetails nicely with my overall theme.

I try to work within others' plans ;)

While looking up stuff about AEGIS (for the Grue Invasion), I found this Fulcrum-relevant tidbit:

THE CAPE OF GOOD HOPE

Centurion’s cape was blown off his body during his fight with Omega, and lofted around the world, carried on the winds. The cape was seized by Toy-Boy, who tried to use it to make clothing for his action figures — and planned to sell the remainder to an assassin to turn into garrotes. AEGIS busted Toy-Boy and the assassin and tried to return the cape to the appropriate memorial, only to have to battle the cape itself when Quirk temporarily brought it to life.

:shock:

Well I'll be... That adds a whole new wrinkle to her origin story. No pun intended. ;)

I thought I had read something about his cape being lost. No one could find the source so I made up the details as I went along. Looks like I'm pretty close though. I originally imagined AEGIS or an international team with people to spare would be the ones tracking it down.

Thanks for the information! :D

Hopefully the cape won't try to smother her some day.

Yeah, that could still be Centurion's cape she's wearing -- the blurb never explicitly says the AEGIS team was able to re-capture it after Quirk animated it, so it could've escaped (badly tattered, yet regenerating itself due to its "living" nature)!

Or, best of both worlds, the AEGIS team did capture it, and it rests in the appropriate memorial, but a tatter of it blew away and "regenerated" into a second identical cape!

It could even retain a bit of that "life," and have a few powers of its own:

Additional Limb 1 & Elongation 1 (manipulatory cape)

Enhanced Defense or the Shield power (silhouette distortion)

• 4 weeks later...

So we can either continue this thread, doing more tests -- maybe seeing how fast she can fly, or stunting Blast off her Terminus Array -- or just cleaning up the trashed lab, or we can wrap this up now, and start up their first date thread (taking place either that night, or the next; this meeting took place on a Friday, so either Fri or Sat night).

Unless, of course, you had other ideas :)

Interested in more testing, sure. Though, as I've thought on it, testing/stunting something intentionally destructive (like a Blast) would be the furthest thing from Doc's mind now (for numerous reasons), and he'd instead want to test her flight speed (again, for numerous reasons). Perhaps via a merry chase ;)

Honestly, I would prefer to wrap this thread up before starting their date thread. I know it's not common around here, but I like to finish one chapter of a story before starting the next. Besides, it'll give me more time to think up what will happen then ;) (Tentative plans: coffee, a return to ArcheTech, where he teleports her to his Castle, then dinner, then from there to his space station, then from there either to his home in Hanover or to an ArcheTech facility. Something unplanned/unpleasant would happen at some point, I just haven't figured out what; maybe an attack while they're at the Castle, by foes who weren't expecting anyone of importance at the place.)

Yes, stunting a blast power would be a very bad idea. Especially considering I'd probably go full-bore Disintegrate. Can't really justify the power as a permanent feature, given the cost, but it would be hair raising to see a power stunt even at low ranks. The merry chase sounds much better, the sneaky devil.

That itinerary looks good. Of course something bad is going to happen. I'd be shocked if not! I'll brainstorm on what should happen. I pity the fool that tries breaking into that castle. Perhaps a giant asteroid or something...hmm...Whatever happens, Mona will be very displeased at having her evening disrupted.

I'm still juggling ideas for her final power set too. I've considered a portal Teleport, Disintegrate, Concealment (per Doc), Transform (per Doc), Healing (w/o Personal), Boost, Blast (SS power feat?), Corrosion, Aura and numerous Super Senses. The more time I have to play around in-character the better. :awesome:

Asteroid's a good idea, or something breaks loose from one of the labs up there (or break in from outside) and we have to stop it, but of course since we're in a space station in space we have to be careful of hull breaches. And of course the teleporters go out, too.

Though, now that I think on it some more, maybe he'll wait 'till he's got her the containment suit before taking her up to his Space Station. Don't want her overloading and bringing the whole thing down!

Speaking of playing around in-character, you do realize it's your turn to post IC, don't you? ;)