What Shall We Do Now? (IC)

Moira Morley

It was a quiet Saturday evening at Hot Licks. Moira usually was out wild-childing on Saturday, but for some reason she didn't feel it tonight. She wanted something soft and slow. Hot Licks was her favorite soul/slow jazz bar, a perfect place to take it easy. It was comfortable, not many people could fit in there. Good. She could know everyone by name by the end of the night.

Walking in, Moira felt the mellowness as she always did when she came here. Very few people were there. They all looked at her, it was almost a custom when she walked in. She smiled and checked her coat. The dress code here was 'be casually cool', and she was. She wore a black sleeveless buttoned-up silk vest, a matching figure-showing black skirt that wrapped around her mid thigh, and black stockings with black flats.

It was only nine o'clock. The live music didn't start for another hour. She made her way over to a wraparound booth with in a corner with a good view of the whole place. By the time she got there, there was a drink being served to her. The waiter said that he wasn't allowed to say who it was from and she respected that. She just hoped that she wouln't have to drink alone.

James wandered over to her table slowly with a smile. Dressed in nice jeans and comfortable shirt, he wasn't dressed to the nines tonight. It wouldn't fit the place or evening, not that it really matter. But he was trying to keep it simple. He knew she'd would be here and had dressed to match. He'd sent her her favorite drink. It had taken a little bit of effort to find out, but then that was his 'job' at them moment. It was a nice perk that his job was to watch the super hotie. If he had to keep an eye on her, he might as well enjoy it.

"Good evening. Hope you like the drink. I'm James. Would you mind if I sat down?"

Moira looked up to her guest. It was James Prophet? She was impressed. He didn't seem like the type that would be here on a Saturday night, but then again she was here for a mellowed out evening. Maybe he was too. "[divine]I'd be honored,[/divine]" she said with a warm voice and smile. She softly patted the seat, inviting him to into the booth. "[divine]Thank you for the drink,[/divine]" she said appreciatively. "[divine]I'm Moira,[/divine]" she said reaching her hand out to him, expectantly.

James nodded to her with a bow and a smile. "You're most welcome." He took her hand and shook it in kind, before grinning and giving it a slight kiss. He slid into the booth, not quite opposite her but by her side. "I know your name of course. Just as I'm willing to bet you know mine." He smiled. "But pleasantries should be observed I suppose. I'm James. I saw you at the wedding of course. Nice to meet you at last. So what brings you to this little Jazz bar? An evening of slow relaxation?"

Moira chuckled gently, "[divine]It doesn't hurt to observe the rituals of meeting someone, does it? I find them quite fun.[/divine]" She put her drink down, it was empty. She leaned back on the booth seat to face James better; it was soft and it supported her nicely. She slid get a little closer to him, though she was judging if he was OK with it. "[divine]Yeah, trying to start the night off slow. I do come here during the week sometimes, but this is the first time I've paid a visit here on Saturday.[/divine]" Probably a bit too much information. "[divine]Though I should be asking you the same question,[/divine]" she said with curiosity mixed with a bit of sympathy, "[divine]I thought you were the type that wouldn't be caught dead in these type of places.[/divine]"

He nodded in agreement with a smile. "Yeah, true enough. Drawing things out can have its appeal," he smirked. "Me? I actually enjoy jazz quite a bit and this place has some of the best in the city. As for the locations?" He shrugged. "I try lots of different places depending on my moods. From raves in empty warehouses to the hottest clubs. Everything has its own appeal. Tonight, it seemed jazz was a good idea." Of course, the fact he had come here specifically to keep an eye on her was a detail he was leaving out. Though, truth be told, he did enjoy this little place now and again as well.

Moira was impressed. She so loved the outrageous partier in him, but it was nice to know he could mellow out some times. It's good to have your fun balanced. "[divine]Yes, all that is very nice,[/divine]" she nodded while picking up the new drink that was just delivered, all while keeping her eyes on James, "[divine]In about an hour, the late night band starts. The guy they have tonight is great. He does it all.[/divine]" Her voice took an almost fawning tone, "[divine]Though I here you play a pretty mean guitar yourself. Maybe you can show me your skills later?[/divine]"

James nodded. "Should be a good performance tonight. I look forward to it," he said with a smile. "I've got some skill true enough. Played in a band, to help a friend. And jammed with a few of the greats for fun." He smiled wryly at her. "It'd be my pleasure. I'm not a great teacher, but I can perform like you wouldn't believe." The double-talk was entertaining and fun. And flirting with the most gorgeous woman on the planet definitely was fun. Not that he let that distract him from his true job. He was just going to have to enjoy that job.

Moira grinned wickedly, James definitely could roll with the punches. This made her all the more happier to have this little catch. Or did he have her? She would have to test the water. She ever so slightly was inching towards him. "[divine]You know,[/divine]" she said with with cool tone, "[divine]I'm sure they wouldn't miss us here if we came back later. How about you and me go find some action. From what I saw at the wedding, you're pretty good with the whole hero thing. Maybe you could show me a few tricks? Or maybe I can show you how I work?[/divine]" Being a better hero was a New Year's Resolution, she planned to make good on it. Though a handsome reward for it didn't hurt at all.

He leaned closer as well, almost but not quite brushing against her. "Oh, I'm certain they'd miss us. I don't particularly care though," he said with a grin. It just wasn't possible to have someone that ridiculously beautiful in the room and NOT notice if they left. "I'm always up for a little action. Did you have anything particular in mind or are we just interested in some random messing around," he asked wryly.

"[divine]Nah, no plans at all,[/divine]" Moira shrugged, "[divine]but it's Saturday night in Freedom City. You know something is happening.[/divine]" She smiled and gently took James by the hand to lead him out of the booth, "[divine]Isn't that what heroes do? Go out and hunt for ne'erdowells and villains?[/divine]" She stopped as they were about to get up, she looked down as if she were thinking. With a sigh she looked to him, "[divine]I don't have a costume. I'm sure this works for here, but out there?[/divine]"

James took her hand with a smile but didn't move out of the booth. "I suppose. I don't do much of that kind of patrolling much. Once in a while. But I suppose we could find something interesting." He glanced at her attire and shrugged with a chuckle. "I don't have a costume actually. Never got around to thinking of a design. Do you have one? We could get it in a flash if you do. Given my family, I don't usually bother. If I need to hide my id for some reason, I just get a mask or something." He shrugged. "Hasn't come up much really."

"[divine]Color me surprised.[/divine]" Moira chuckled, "[divine]I could have swore you were the 'costume and patrol' type. Please forgive me.[/divine]" She sighed with an eager smile and scooted back towards James again, "[divine]If that's not your style, we can still find something you like to do. I'm up for suggestions.[/divine]"

James smiled. "Nothing to forgive. I've got plenty of friends who do that regularly. I simply accompany then at those times. Just because I don't have a proclivity towards it, doesn't mean I don't do it. If you're interested in going to trounce some miscreants, I'm happy to accompany you. If you feel the need to change first, I'm certain we can find something suitable if you don't want to ruin your outfit. If you'd prefer something else, that'd work for me as well. If you're just looking for exercise, well I'm certain we could find something to help burn off some energy, he said with a grin. "I leave the decision entirely up to you. Lady's choice as it were."

Moira thought for a second. What did she want to do tonight, really? Meeting a legacy hero sparked the idea of going to do superhero stuff, but he seemed to not be into those things. Maybe it was the point of him looking like Adonis ascendant that was pushing her buttons in new ways. There was so many things she could do with him. Fun thoughts danced in her head about the more carnal things. She looked at him with a bit of a timid smile, "[divine]Tell you what. Let's make a night of it. We'll start here. Listen to the music. Once we get a little braver we can head out and do other things.[/divine]" A beat later, she smiled fuller and winked, "[divine]Maybe if we're lucky we can get a lot of things done?[/divine]"

Ah, she was playing coy. Well, he was ok with that too. "It sounds like a plan to me. I'm always ok with being, or I should say getting, lucky whenever possible." He smiled openly at her. He waved over a server and ordered a few drinks as well as a couple appetizers for them to pick at. "To keep our strength up," he said with a smile. "But what could such a lady as yourself be feeling less than courageous about? I'd be happy to help...boost your courage if you need it." Sure, there was lots of not-so-subtle wording in there. But it was fun nonetheless.

• 3 weeks later...

It was like James knew every spot to hit. The man spoke like with words that rivaled her own silver tongue. Was she going to sit back and let him one up her? Well, no... but she had a reason for not speaking right now! She was distracted by the sexy. "[divine]I'm sure you could,[/divine]" she finally spoke, still keeping the timid act up, "[divine]but my courage is delicate, you'd have to boost it real slowly, it could take a while.[/divine]" Maybe that was a little bit too non-subtle? Though with the way he was talking, she thought she had to step it up.

Waiting for the drinks and food they'd have a few moments. She leaned in to James's ear with somewhat of a low whisper, "[divine]This is my favorite song,[/divine]" she said half lying. She didn't even know the name of the song, but they were all her favorite song here as long as they were smooth and slow. It was a saxophone solo. "[divine]I would say we could dance, but it seems like there's no room. Unless you want to make room? I'm sure they won't mind you and me doing it.[/divine]"

The timid thing was kind of funny. Especially since he knew she could be shot by a tank without blinking or just punch one out. But hey, if the uber-hot chick wanted to play-act and flirt with him, who was he to argue or complain? He smiled, eyes twinkling. "I can certainly think of some ways to help. And yes, such a worth feat would take hours, the rest of the night at the least; perhaps even the entire weekend."

He looked over at the place with a nod, before sliding out of the booth. He extended his hand back to her. "If the lady would like to dance, then dancing it is. Besides, given the slow song, I don't think we'll need that much space. They can move things afterwards," he said with a wink.

• 1 month later...

Moira loved this little innuendo game. Though it brought her to something she hadn't thought about. Plans for the weekend, that is. Then again, she never made any concrete plans. Spending a weekend with James? That was definitely something she could wrap her schedule around. Oh the things they could do. But now it was time to dance.

James took her hand and led her to the small open area. It wasn't much, but it didn't need to be more than a few feet. They just have to press tightly together...

He slid his arms around her and slowly started swaying with the music. He had taken a few lessons over the years. It helped with this sort of thing. And he was a decent dancer generally. But when he turned on the charm, he was one hell (pardon the pun) of a dancer, not that it was required just yet. He gently and slowly moved his hands along her back, just low enough to be a little risque now and again, rubbing and soothing as they moved. For now, he was content to just dance with her pressed up against him.

• 2 months later...

Moira could have danced all night. And the way they were on each other, she could definitely see herself with James for the weekend. Seconds turned to minutes, minutes turned into almost an hour. The way they shifted in their slow carnal dance made that seem like an eternity that she would never forget. It seemed the only reason they stopped as the music was no longer playing and that they had somewhat of an onlooking audience from the other tables and the live band that was now on stage. She gave him a soft peck on the cheek and then whispered into his ear, "[divine]That was great. You are one hell of a dancer.[/divine]"

James smiled ruefully. How true that comment was she'd likely never know. "And you my dear are no slouch yourself." He stepped back a little, now that the music had ended, still leaving a hand on her hip. "Have you developed an appetite yet or or do you have something else you'd rather do? The night is still young after all." Of course, he'd have probably said that even if it had only been an hour to dawn.

"[divine]Appetites are not easily satiated,[/divine]" Moira winked as she pulled him and herself back into the table, "[divine]I'm a bit voracious at the moment though.[/divine]" She thought about the night so young, as James suggested. He was right, there was a million things they could do. She leaned her head into his shoulder and neck. "[divine]Anything that puts us really close together,[/divine]" her voice sounded like it was trying to entice him, "[divine]Hm, what do you think? Us body-to-body? That would limit our options, wouldn't it? Though I'm sure we could fill each other's weekend.[/divine]"

James smiled, eyes twinkling. "Well, voracious appetites take quite a bit of time and effort to satisfy. And there is nothing worse than not having one appetites satisfied. Completely and thoroughly," he said teasingly. He smiled wickedly. "Oh I don't know. Close proximity, pressed together...I can think of quite a few options. 'Limited' is certainly not a descriptor I would use. Euphoric. Enticing. Thrilling. But certainly not limited. And I'm very, very certain I could fill...your schedule. Even for a weekend." He breathed in the intoxicating smell of her hair as he lay against him. "We can go work on that closeness. Or maybe we can get a little wet in the meantime if you're in mood." He winked and said, "there is always option for swim. For stretching and loosing up of course."

Oh how Moira longed to hear James talk. He was truly a master of saying everything she wanted to hear. There was a slight moan of joy after everything he said, though not enough to interrupt him. She lit up when he mentioned the swim. It was perfect. "[divine]It's a bit cold outside, isn't it,[/divine]" she said as she delicately rubbed across the bottom of his abs with one finger, watching it move back and forth. Still rubbing, she looked him in the eye, "[divine]maybe we need some place where the water is warmer? I'm sure any place with you would be warm enough.[/divine]" She leaned into his ear and whispered, "[divine]Anytime you're ready.[/divine]"