Mikes blush deepened at James words and he awkwardly added, "On you I mean, erm, you look ... really good in it." he glanced over as Eddie made a bee-line for the pool thankful for the brief distraction. 'Yea that was alot better' he thought shaking his head slightly, he really wished his mouth would work better at times like this.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erin flipped over in the water and swam back towards the side where James was crouching. "Thanks," she told him, "I bought it for the occasion. It's nice to have a chance to play outside for awhile. And the water's plenty warm." She flicked some at him teasingly to demonstrate. "What did you say to Mike, anyhow?" Resting an arm on the side, Erin looked over to where Alex and Mike were still standing. "He's been here five minutes and looks like he's got a third degree sunburn."

James gestured, creating a fiery 5.7 floating in the air for a moment. "Execution was passable but not much for style," he said with a grin at Eddie.

He chuckled at the splashed water but didn't bother moving, besides leaning backwards for a moment. It wasn't that much water after all. "Your welcome. And glad you're enjoying it. Yeah, I was getting tired of the cold and the snow. Figured we were due for some serious unwind time. I know Alex likes it, bit give me the Summer any day."

He looked over to where Mike was still fumbling and grinned. "Oh that? Just a couple quick words, suggestions really, for him so he could give Alex a better comment than 'nice bathing suit'. Apparently, he's still staring and fumbling. I wonder if I should remind he that she has a face," he said with a chuckle. Seeing all that bare skin on Alex was probably short circuiting the good-natured paragon's brain a little bit.

Alex grinned at Erin, shaking her head at her friend, "I dunno if he'd recover."

Alex was vaguely pleased at that thought though and when Mike came back over and mumbled another compliment at her feet, she beamed at him and performed a cheerful spin so he could see the entire outfit, "Thank you! Would you help me with my sunscreen? I don't want to spend the rest of the party as a lobster."

She wiggled the sunscreen bottle at him, making her hazel eyes wide and innocent. "Please?"

Mike nodded dumbly and took the bottle from her, 'This is suddenly like one of those bad teen movies.' he thought to himself. He took a deep steadying breath and gently squeezed a dollop of the sunscreen into one big hand as he stepped behind her and carefully began to rub the lotion onto her back and shoulders. As he did so he reminded himself 'Its Alex and she's your girlfriend theres no harm in a little touching.' though he turned even redder as the thought strayed through his head. He leaned in to whisper to her, "You really do look great." as his hands dropped down to her lower back.

Chris had been looking for the beer when he noticed Mike's awkwardness. And promptly had to take a moment to regain a straight face. Awww, I shouldn't laugh. He's cuuuuuute. Like a shy puppy! Squeee! ... damn you, homosexual inner monologue. Oh god, he's going to apply sunscreen... CAN A MAN GET REDDER!? No, Chris. Shouting 'wooo-hooo' wouldn't be nice. Bad Geckoman. Bad! Oooh, found the beer! He cracked it open with his teeth and took a swig.

"Alex, stop toying with him! He's fragile!"

"Only a 5.7?!" Eddie cried, pulling himself up out of the pool. "That's crap, judge! Go back to France!" He hollered, large smile on his face.

Not bothering to dry himself off, he dripped all the way over to where Chris was. "The best thing about your nose, my friend," He said as he grabbed a beer, "Is that it always knows right where the good stuff is." He cracked his open and knocked it against the one his roommate was holding. "Cheers!"

Erin chuckled at James' comment. "I think Alex can remind him herself if she thinks it's necessary. Or to refocus him if he starts hyperventilating and falls down." She kicked idly in the water, keeping an eye on the action poolside. "So it's just us this afternoon, and then more people will start showing up later? How many do you think will be coming?"

James chuckled. "I know. But she shouldn't have to reminder him. Besides, I thought it was kind of funny. He really needs to relax anyway." James sat down on the edge of the pool, leaving his shirt opened, dangling his feet in the water. Ah, nice warm water. He was happy he'd showed up early to heat the thing up.

James shrugged. "Well, various kids from school. I didn't invite everyone, but I'd expect most to show up anyway." James was very social, even if something of the 'bad boy' of the popular kids. His (and Zoe's) destruction of Daisy a while back certainly hadn't improved that though it was mostly supposition that he was behind it. She got over it and had learned a valuable lesson (ie not to mess with the YF crew like that ever again). Still, he expected her to show. It was a party after all. "So that's 20 or 30. Plus some others in the hero community and such. Anyone coming tonight is aware of the whole 'super' thing. So...I doubt we'll get over 50 tonight. Tomorrow afternoon? I'd say a lot more. Couple hundred at least." He shrugged, unconcerned.

James looked at Erin and smiled. "I doubt you'll want to be here then. You're welcome to of course and I'd love for you to come. But its gonna be a big crowd." He was happy she was here and unwinding. But dealing with that level of a crowd and party...he wasn't sure she was up for it.

Faith was not sure. She had never had a kiss that awesome before. Every part of her was warm and tingly. Like she had just realized who she wanted forever. Ah, teenage love. Silly, eh? She didn't even consider the 'make out' query the least bit awkward. She wanted to take him up on that offer, but if he wanted to go back to the party, who was she to keep her boyfriend waiting? "I, uh," she blushed and smiled as she began to speak words, "If you want to do either of those I won't say no." She really wanted to make him happy and would follow him to the moon if he said so. She tried to work up the courage to say words again. "Mark," she said timidly as she embraced him around the torso and put her head on his chest, "I love you."

Mark blinked at that, but recovered quickly. Putting his arms around her and looking soulfully down into her eyes, he said, "Faith, honey, you're the greatest." Was he supposed to say he loved her? He had rescued her from imminent peril, so maybe he was supposed to...well, that would come later, he was sure. "Come here." He picked making out at that juncture, bending down and kissing her soulfully, running his hands through her hair as the waves lapped at their ankles.

Faith held Mark's neck for support with one hand and used her other hand to softly caress his back with her fingers. The water was cold, icy even with this perfect weather. Faith did not care. All she knew is that Mark was there and her love for him was requited. That's all she wanted at the moment, him and her together. The kissing they shared together was magic for her. Much like the first one but this one was different somehow. It gave her satisfaction, not butterflies. It was planned, not all of a sudden (not that there was anything wrong with either of them!). It was sweeter. It made her the happiest she had ever been. And it could only get better from here on out.

Alex laughed at Chris's teasing and replied cheerfully, "I dunno if fragile's the right word."

She turned around and patted Mike's very solid chest once for emphasis, fingertips splaying out on his bare skin. It was her turn to blush but she smiled and floated up to peck him on the cheek with a quick. "Thank you!" As she took the bottle back from him and quickly finished the rest of her skin. Tossing the bottle back on the pool lounge, she floated back down to the ground until her bare feet hit the pool deck. "Last one in is a rotten egg!"

Alex followed Eddie's entrance to the pool, although she dove in rather than cannonballed.

The beginnings of a frown formed on Mikes lips as he took in what he assumed was some kind of teasing from Chris but was washed away and forgotten as Alex laid her hand on his chest then ran to the pool. He followed suit and jogged the few steps to the pools edge and slipped gently into the water himself. He swam a quick lap to get accustomed to the water then joined Alex and the others in the center of the pool glad for the chance to relax with his friends.

"That sounds like a dare," Erin replied to James, grinning. "If I didn't have so much homework waiting, maybe I'd take you up on it." She knew that he'd know that was a total lie, but there was no sense in drawing attention to her neuroses. They were already obvious enough, really. "So are you coming in before you have to go play host? The water's fine." She kicked off from the side and glided across the pool to where Alex and Mike had jumped in. "Where'd Mark and Faith go?"

Making out with his hot girlfriend when neither of them were wearing a lot of clothes had Mark's mind going in many directions; well, one direction, with many possible paths to get there. But it was unlikely they'd have the privacy for any of that for a while, and besides, there was a party. "That was fun," he said when they were done, both of them a little red-faced. "Let's go back to the party," he suggested. "See how everyone else is doing. We've got the whole weekend."

James nodded with a smile. "No worries. If you wrap up early, you're always welcome," he said, fully aware of Erin's reluctance. But she was here now and having fun, that's what mattered. He was tempted to continue the 'dare' joking for a bit, but he let the subject drop out of deference to her sensitivities. Instead he stood up and tossed his shirt onto the nearby chairs. A quick dive later and he popped up to the surface, smiling.

"Mark and Faith were making out on the beach. They'll be back soon enough. As for me playing host? Not so much. This is going to be more of a 'help yourself' kind of thing. I'm here to have fun and relax too, not make sure everyone else is being served and happy." With the exceptions being obvious of course. He nodded towards Chris and Eddie by the food and sampling beer. "See? But I figure the rest of tonight's crew will be filtering in shortly."

Over the next hour, others began to filter in to the area as well. It wasn’t just going to be the Young Freedom and friends. There was plenty of space for the small crowd, but it definitely grew from more than just the early arrivals.

The Next-Gen student began to arrive first. Most anyway. Lemar, aka Sonic, was noticeably and unsurprisingly absent. Likely to Mark’s annoyance, Ray Gardener (aka Bolt) one of the most famous legacy students was the first to show. Being first and extremely popular was something he was enjoying as a famous legacy student. Chris Beck (aka Megastar) was right behind. The more social Thetis (aka Nereid) and Serena (aka Seven) were there as well, though they would quickly move out of their particular group.

Changeling, while not a member of Next-Gen was right there with Serena, happy and perky as always. On her heels, came others. Samuel and Samantha (Dauntless and Relentless) were there as well, happy to relax and enjoy the freedoms before them. Magni was there as well, the big Asguardian, looking around happily as he walked beside his companions. While everyone else entered at a more normal pace and attitude, Anthony (aka Whoop-Ant) came running in pell-mell and threw himself into the pool with a large splash.

There were others who showed of course. Clarence, aka Battlecry, made his appearance. He couldn’t conceive of a party without his presence after all. Zaid, aka Desert Wasp, was happy to be at the unrestrained party. The relaxed environment of the school (and likely the party too) was doing wonders for him. Charles, aka Eel-Skin, wouldn’t miss out on a party full of heroes (or even young ones) for anything. For Daisy, aka Student Body, and her clique of friends, a party was their chance to show how popular they really were. Others came as well, in twos and threes. In no time at all, the party had gone from single digits to several dozen.

Fun, indeed. Though it was more than that to Faith. She couldn't explain it, but it was more than that. It was everything to her. She nodded at the suggestion they go back to the party. That's the reason they were here, right? To have some fun. While she would have gladly done so if he wanted, she was not here to hog him to herself. She was to better get better acquainted with her classmates on a more personal level. Erin, Alex, Zoe, Chris, Mike, James, Eddie and whoever else came.

On their way back to the party, Faith couldn't help but keep her hand in Mark's and her eyes on him. It took her a few seconds of walking but she spoke up finally, "Mark, what shall we do first? There's supposedly a lot to do here, and there's going to be a lot of people here. I've only met with Young Freedom this week. You think the other teams will be here? I'm sure we can meet them all." She noticed she was talking fast so she stopped and smiled. She didn't need anything else but him.

Alex shrieked as yet another student cannon balled into the pool, sputtering with happy laughter. Her braid was already dark with water, as she was hardly the type to keep her hair dry. She dodged around Mike's back as a slight war of splashing broke out to grin at Erin. Mike's sheer size made him a good barrier between the crowd and the pool. Alex nudged him with her fingertips to try and get him to make more of a pocket of space as she answered Erin, "They're walking back up now."

She floated up a little higher, pressing on Mike's shoulder as she waved vigerously at Mark and Faith, sending her thoughts rather than trying to be heard over the crowd, 'Hey guys, we're over here! Come join us.'

Mike happily sheltered his girlfriend from the others splashing once he realized her goal though there were a few moments of shifting to crane his neck around as he tried to figure out what she was up to. Once he did he simply shrugged and crossed his arms with a look of faux sternness like some bodyguard for a shy starlet.

As the other students drifted in he waved to the few he knew and got along with, such as Magni who while a bit boisterous for Mikes taste he got along well with. Once the party got crowded he stuck close to Alex and Erin however as he still wasn't entirely comfortable with larger crowds like this. He just never really knew what he was supposed to do in these situations, it seemed so easy for his friends like Chris and Eddie and Mark.

Easy seemed an understatement. While Mike shied away from the crowd of people that had shown up, Eddie was practically lost within it. With a drink in his hand, he bounced in and out of conversations greeting a few people here and there, never staying very long in one spot. He Lived for these types of gatherings.

Eddie didn't need Chris' nose to notice that someone had started cooking burgers. Making his way back to the grill, he greeted the savior of his stomach. The cook was one of the guys from Claremont that he had seen in passing many times. They talked for a minute or two, and he agreed to save the next burger off the grill for Eddie if he could fetch a drink. Teleporting to the bar and back in the blink of an eye, Eddie produced a beverage and resumed the conversation, waiting intently for the burger. "Oh, and if you could put cheese on it, that would be awesome!"

Chris had been wandering around, slapping people on the back and shaking their hands. However, he pointedly stayed away from Student Body and Battlecry. The last party he'd been to with them, he'd ended up with a nasty case of thinking he was a badger. That wasn't particularly enjoyable, especially given Duncan Summers' presence.

Screw it, go for the pool. But first... important things! Going to where he'd left his bag, he produced an item and walked to the side of the pool. There he donned the massive green pimp hat with the gold-sequinned G upon it. "SPLASHDOWN!" he shouted, forward-flipping into the pool.

Mark took Faith around and introduced her to his friends there like Edet Munroe and Hope Rogers, pointedly avoiding the people from the Next-Gen who'd given him so much grief over the years. When she'd had a chance to meet almost everyone, he put his arm around her waist and walked over to the edge of the pool. "Last one in's a rotten egg," he exclaimed with a laugh, stealing a kiss before he took a step back and dived neatly into the pool!