An Example Must Be Made

Heridfel

"If we had more to go on, we wouldn't need you," he says in reply. "We are not setting a deadline yet - it is possible that the killer wishes to cripple us, and these deaths are already sufficient to this task. But if more deaths should come, we will bring in more people to investigate... and if one of them should discover whodunnit, you will receive no compensation. If you simply choose to ignore our request, and go about your other business, we may reveal your little excursions to the police, or perhaps your parents. I'll leave you to decide which would be worse."

"If we had more to go on, we wouldn't need you," he says in reply. "We are not setting a deadline yet - it is possible that the killer wishes to cripple us, and these deaths are already sufficient to this task. But if more deaths should come, we will bring in more people to investigate... and if one of them should discover whodunnit, you will receive no compensation. If you simply choose to ignore our request, and go about your other business, we may reveal your little excursions to the police, or perhaps your parents. I'll leave you to decide which would be worse."

Kat looks at the man cooly.

"Well, then it seems I've got some work to do, and I have a feeling I'm going to need to change in to something a little different to get it done."

Kat stands up to leave, but stops after a step and turns back to the man.

"How should I contact you when I find what you're looking for?"

"Well, then it seems I've got some work to do, and I have a feeling I'm going to need to change in to something a little different to get it done."

The man frowns slightly. "I thought I... ah, no, it fell out of the folder. My apologies." He pulls out a single sheet of paper from his briefcase and stands up to hand it to her. There are a phone number and e-mail address on it.

"Use either of these, as needed. The phone number is for any information that is time-sensitive, while the e-mail address is for anything else. Thank you again for your help, Ms. Allen."

The man frowns slightly. "I thought I... ah, no, it fell out of the folder. My apologies." He pulls out a single sheet of paper from his briefcase and stands up to hand it to her. There are a phone number and e-mail address on it.

"Use either of these, as needed. The phone number is for any information that is time-sensitive, while the e-mail address is for anything else. Thank you again for your help, Ms. Allen."