Severance pay

Heritage

I'm starting to think having Gossamer teach at Claremont was a bad idea; as conceived, the character has a tendency to avoid hero work, which is kind of a bad idea on a superhero site. There's now talk of starting a new team with Wesley, Arrowhawk and Gossamer as core members, which I also think would make a teaching gig a bad idea.

This may seem silly, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get Goss out of Claremont; she's a natural academic, after all. Would anyone have an idea for a thread that could help with this character transition? I'd really like her to be more active.

Teaching isn't for everyone, very true. 50% (it's close to that, think 45 actually, but anyway) of ALL teachers quit within their first 5 years. (That's a true stat btw.) I knew a guy who did a 2 year degree and then quit after the first month of a full time job. He simply couldn't handle it and hadn't been exposed previously (a mistake on his part). Just not for everyone. ;)

Yeah, quietly quitting and going back to ASTRO Labs makes the most sense; maybe I can stat up some of the characters who appeared in this thread and work on developing things there. It is not hard to imagine a chemist who's used to working with non-powered college students having a rough time at Claremont.

Thanks, guys! :D

Teaching isn't for everyone, very true. 50% (it's close to that, think 45 actually, but anyway) of ALL teachers quit within their first 5 years. (That's a true stat btw.) I knew a guy who did a 2 year degree and then quit after the first month of a full time job. He simply couldn't handle it and hadn't been exposed previously (a mistake on his part). Just not for everyone. ;)

True fax. I have 3 different friends who all got Masters degrees and started teaching highschool. Every last one of them was back in college studying for a different career within 2 years at the most.