Mike shrugged a small frown tugging at the corner of his mouth. "It was sufficient but I think I'll have to work on spacial awareness more, especially when I'm looking through things. At least mark was there to grab her before I hit I'm not sure I could have stopped any sooner."

He shook off the melancholy moment and grinned, "That's why we practice right? Though I think for now on we should keep the practice sessions to the simulators." He glanced up to the roof and silently asked Alex 'Should I go apologize?'

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James chuckled. "I doubt warning her will help too much. And yeah, they should be down shortly. I'll be he'll swing down or something will just 'happen' to move under them as he jumps off." He paused. "Maybe warnings aren't a bad idea after all then." He looked over at Mike and Alex. "Hey, I thought the fresh air was a nice change. Just maybe not in the center of the Quad next time. Somewhere with less people maybe."

Wow, meeting a superhero team already? This was going fast! Faith smiled meekly as she was picked up. She was quiet as they walked to the edge. Not paying much attention to anything else but what Mark would say next. When he suggested that she trust him trust him, she gasped and looked down. Well, he did just save her. Surely he wouldn't murder her within the next few minutes, would he? She held close to him and shook her head with a serious look on her face. As if the world began and ended with him.

James looked at Breakdown with a raised eyebrow. "Dude. We're in the Quad. At school. We're in the very middle of the school. In a city. We have access to a teleporter. I'm pretty sure we could find an open field that's more deserted than this." He paused. "Though knowing our luck, something would find us there anyway," he said with a smile.

"Hah, Yea, that's what I meant. Sorry, guess I should have put more emphasis on the 'we' part. Like with our luck there's no way we could avoid running into problems if we were in a vacuum." Eddie bantered back and forth with James.

He looked up towards the building, interested in seeing if they were going to be coming down at all.

"Then let us go together." Feeling pretty good at accomplishing something that would surely lead to a successful, happy relationship, Mark took Faith's hand and stepped off the roof. They landed perfectly on the awning below, Mark sliding down and onto his feet as they finally came down on the soft grass of the Quad. "I haven't seen you around here before," he said, "and I know almost everybody." He smiled. "What lucky thing brings you to Claremont?"

James nodded at Eddie with a grin. "Probably."

He looked up as Mark and Faith jumped/fell onto the conveniently positioned awning. He looked over at the other, jerking his thumb at the pair and grinning. He nodded, raising an eyebrow as if to say 'See? What I tell you?'. "So...training's pretty much blown for the day. Anyone got any ideas?"

Faith repressed the urge to scream and held on tight to Mark as the two jumped off. Her heart was beating a mile a minute when they landed. That. Was. Awesome. She heard Mark talking again, but she couldn't breathe to answer him. Taking a deep breath, she exhaled away all of the tension and let go of Mark except for his hand. The world could have been exploding, but all she saw was him. "Today is my first day," she said with a blushing smile, aware of her current state of infatuation, "I just got out of orientation. I've been here for only a few hours. As for why I'm here, I'm here because I'm a psion. A psychic. I can do stuff with my brain. Well I can do one thing with my brain, heal people. I'lllearn to do other things while i'm here."

"Well, that's kind of cool." Eddie said softly. He couldn't help but over hearing their conversation, but that didn't mean he had to butt in. "You ever heard of someone doing that before, Alex?"

"And I don't know, James." Breakdown turned back to his rich friend, "Would you want to get food or something? I know I'm always hungry."

"Sure," Alex agreed with Eddie, as they waited for Mark to do the introductions. She had a flicker of impatience as the two teens stared at each other but shrugged it off as she gave Eddie the information he requested, "It varies greatly on the psychic. Some merely take the pain away and make you think you're not wounded. Some can actually take on your injuries, so you'd be fine and they'd have a bullethole or whatever. There's what I do which is telekinetic manipulation at the molecular level and then there's biopsychinetics."

She paused for breath and then added, "Well, to start. There's a lot of variations, really."

"That's a beautiful power," said Mark warmly. He didn't really feel quite as lovey-dovey as he was acting, but he reminded himself that this was what you were supposed to do in this situation. "Though I hope I don't have to see it outside of training anytime soon. Have you had your campus tour?" he asked her. "I'm a senior this year, and I know my way around pretty well." He tuned out what he could overhear from the others; they were just jealous _They_ hadn't saved the girl!

Mike stepped forward instinctively as the couple dropped off the roof shaking his head as the awning caught them. The tall boy took a couple steps forward and sheepishly apologized, "Sorry about that didn't see ya till the last second there." He offered the new girl a weak smile, seems in the end Marks luck had won out anyway.

James chuckled and resisted the impulse to roll his eyes. He didn't particularly want to insult Faith after all. He waited a moment for Mark to do the honors but that didn't seem likely. "Anyway...welcome to the school. Mark here seems to have forgotten the simple things like introductions. Everyone, meet Faith, the newest addition to the school. " He didn't add 'as he's flirting' to the end of that. Let Mark do his storybook thing. It made him happy. "As I said, I'm James. And yes, we're something of a team. More than something really." He half turned to let the others introduce themselves.

"Eddie here!" He gave Faith a salute and a smile. "I'm the musically inclined member of the group, and as far as the team goes, I usually end up filling in the holes." Eddie put his hands up to his head and pulled the headphones down around his neck. He let his arms hang from them, "Welcome to Claremont. I hope you enjoy it here!"

"I'm Alex," said the same high, piping voice that Faith had heard in her head earlier. It belonged to a petite redhead who was dressed in a hot pink snow parka and canary yellow snow boots and mittens. The knit cap over her red curls was striped with orange and green. She waved one mittened hand cheerfully, "I'm a psychic too. Sorry, we should have set better out of bounds."

"I'm Chris. My wide assortment of powers include scaling sheer surfaces, extraordinary reflexes, cellular regeneration, and being able to see heat signatures." He paused for a second, electing to leave the tah-dah unsaid. "Oh, and I can identify you by smell alone, but we don't like discussing that one."

"Um, I was just shown the whole school," Faith whispered back to Mark, "but if you want to show me again. I'll happily tag along."

Faith comfortably leaned on Mark's front side, facing the rest of the crew as they introduced themselves. She politely nodded a greeting as they did so. "It's very nice to meet you all. I've seen some of you on the news. This is so very nice to be amongst great heroes. Maybe one day I can be as inspirational to other people."

Mike took a few steps back to stand next to Alex once more, Faith seemed no worse for wear at least. He assumed the dippy behavior was marks influence and not some kind of head injury, Mark just had that effect on people.

He looked around at his teammates, "I dunno about famous," He said slightly uncomfortably, "We try to help out where we can."

"I'm Erin, said the taller girl, the one who'd yelled the warning initially. She was bouncing lightly on the balls of her feet, and looked like she was interested in getting back to the game or training or whatever it was as soon as possible. "Sorry about almost getting you run over. I wasn't expecting anyone to come out of that door this time of day."

James resisted the urge to roll his eyes. Great heroes? Good grief was she ever going to help feed Mark and his own unique world view. James didn't feel the need to correct her though. The group had done some impressive things after all. Besides, it might hurt Mark's feelings. Though given the way she was leaning into him, it was quite possible Mark wouldn't even notice.

He shrugged. "So we've got suggestions for food, the tour of the campus and finding another game to play. I'm up for whatever."

Mark put his arm around Faith in a friendly sort of way, reaching down to embrace her around the shoulders. "Let's try food," he suggested. "That way we can make plans for later." He looked down into her eyes and said, "I know a guy in the cafeteria who can take real good care of you, or we can run out to Champions." Mark _really_ liked Champions. "You're the guest; where would you like to go?"

Faith smiled as the apologies came. She nodded, "It's quite alright, I'm sure stuff like that happens around here all the time. I'll be more careful next time." She looked up at Mark dreamily while still talking to others, "Besides, with such nice people around here to save you life, I should thank you all." Man, was she really lovestruck as she sounded?

When mark offered to go to Champions, Faith was overjoyed. She hadn't been to there in a while. She turned to face the others, "I like the idea of Champions, but will they let us leave during school hours?"