• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Frankly, I don't see what you're all worried about." Eddie had a bored look on his face. "This is Mark we're talking about. If the wings disappear, he'll probably just land on another awning or something. In fact, with his luck, they're sure to fizzle out right above the giant open air jello factory down town." Eddie smiled, jokingly. He joked outwardly, knowing on the inside that if Mark were to fall, he would be ready to catch him at the blink of an eye.

Mike laughs slightly at the comments about marks all to reliable luck, "Or maybe his luck is in having a roommate willing to go after him before he breaks his fool neck." And with that Mike shoots into the sky in the direction Mark had last flown.

He peered out preternatural sharp eyes seeking for his wayward friend before he got himself hurt, Catching sight of him he shot off after the lucky teen.

High in the sky, Phalanx heard Edge before he caught sight of him: they were at least two, three miles up over the city! "Wa-hi-hi-hoiiii!" As he looked up, the rapidly-approaching figure of the now-wingless and plummeting Mark Lucas sprang into view. Steering his own descent to perfection, Mark wound up landing right in Phalanx's outstretched arms. His hair disheveled and goggles missing, he looked none the worse for wear for his rapid ascent and even more rapid fall. "Thanks, Mike! You're a pal." He threw his arms around Phalanx's neck. "Let's go back down!"

"Meh. Our attempts at getting him killed usually fail," said Chris, squinting up at the sky. "I somehow doubt this'll work." A thought popped into your head and he grinned evilly. "Reckon Mark's gonna be so quick to look all mushy when he's getting caught?"

"Haha," Eddie laughed at Chris' comment, "Well, they're roommate's for a reason. Somehow, it wouldn't surprise me."

That's when Mark Plummeted. "Here we go!" Eddie tensed up, ready to rocket into the sky himself, should Mike miss the catch. "Oh thank god," He breathed a sigh of relief.

Mike shook his head and laughed at his roommate nonplussed reaction to the fall. He swung a gentle arc and sped toward the ground coming to a gentle stop and depositing Mark back on terra firma. "Not bad for a first time, at least you didn't go so high you lost consciousness." He said a shooting a quick smile and wink Alexs direction.

Alex smiled as Mike returned with Mark, and said to Faith not unkindly, "I really wouldn't worry about it. Mark's ability is probability control. If he isn't fine, he's generally rescued. Its just how his powers work. There really isn't anyone safer to experiment on."

She wrinkled her nose at her boyfriend's teasing and poked him with one finger, "Watch it, buster, I can make you cluck like a chicken. Or make kissy faces at Chris."

He watched as Mark flew higher and higher. And then suddenly came plummeting downwards before being caught by Mike. James just nodded at Alex's explanations. "Yeah, no worries. Things pretty much always work out for Mark, one way or another. It's his thing after all. If it wasn't Mike, something would have worked out I'm sure." He grinned at Alex and Mike, not believing for a second Alex would actually do it. Though it was a really funny mental image.

"Kissy faces?" Eddie gasped. A sly smile crept across his face. "Chris! Your dream is finally coming true!"

Poking fun aside, Eddie turned to Mark. "I'd tell you to be more careful, but," he shrugged, "What's the use?"

"Don't worry about Mark, Faith." Eddie smiled at his newest friend, "Like Alex said, the man can do no wrong!"

Mike blinked at Faiths rather dramatic response and began to wonder if all this time spent with Mark and the rest had really inured him that much to this kind of thing or if she was just overreacting. He decided to ere on the side of caution and smiled at her explaining, "It take all of us time to get used to our powers and you ad no way of knowing Mark wouldn't think about coming back down, no harm no foul right?"

At Alexs threat he held up his hands in mock fear and smiled, "Sorry sweet heart, you are way more fun to catch if that helps." he added with a laugh and with a quick look Chris' direction asked, "So are you gonna keep discussing our burgeoning Bromance or bring your ride down here so we can go get lunch?"

"See? Nagging! This is why we can't be together! That, and I might get mind-blasted as I slumber peacefully..." Chris looked thoughtful as he tapped some controls on his remote. Soon the egg-shaped green airship that was the Pitchoo swooped in and landed in front of the group, the walkway folding down with a soft hisssss. "This, Faith, is the Ptychozoon!" declared Geckoman, spreading his arms wide. "Better known as the Pitchoo. It flies, it shoots things, it flies some more and then... well, it has a coffee machine somewhere."

Faith loosened her grip on Mark. It was less squeezing and more hugging. A probability controller? That had to be a fun thing to do. She had to find out more about him. There would be lunch at Champions. "Lunch sounds nice," she sighed. But training? Was she ready for what they could dish out? What would training consist of for her? Would it be what they were doing? She would find out later. She smiled at Chris's silliness. Mark could fly anytime he wanted, all he had to do was ask. Next time though, she would go with him. She nodded happily in Mike's direction. No harm, no foul? Indeed, but Mark had to know! You just don't get saved by someone and then accidentally try to kill them without it looking suspicious! As the giant ship appeared Faith gawked at the size of it. It was huge! Enough for them and then some! She again smiled at Chris's facetiousness. Maybe she and Mark could find a place to sit together in there. Letting go of Mark, she held his hand and walked towards the ship. She looked at Chris again. "So, when do we take off captain?"

"When everyone's seated, pretty much," said Chris, pulling his goggles down as he walked up to the console. He flipped a few switches, hit a few buttons, then grinned as the controls lit up. "Computer, plot a course for Champions. Stick it up on the screen." In response, a small flatscreen came up on the monitor and showed an overhead map of the city, with a course traced in red. "Thank you, computer." Falling into a swivel chair, Geckoman spun and grabbed the control levers. "Ok, let's go! Everyone ready to DIE!?"

Mike easily stepped up the ramp ducking through the low door and began strapping himself into one of the seats, he wasn't so much worried about a crash as the fact that Chris had a rather inventive idea of how to pilot and he might hurt someone if he was flung across the cabin at them.

Once seated and strapped in he did a quick check to make sure Alex was as well before turning to Chris, "Can't we skip that part this time?"

"Do you know where the @#$% you are?

You're in the jungle, baby!

You're gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiie!"

Eddie's music chimed in appropriately to Chris's question. Though he let the Guns N' Roses drop after the intro to the song. He followed it up with, "You kidding? I can't wait!" Eddie climbed into the back of the vehicle so as to let others take seats more easily. He followed Mike's lead and buckled up. He also remembered what had happened the last time he had flown in this thing.