Eddie chuckled at Faith's naivety, "Let us? How can they expect to stop us?" He gave a mischievous smile. "Besides, we're supposed to be in training time. Our fearless leader," He said with a gesture towards Mark, "has decreed that it is time for Champions. Obviously, he means to have us train our stomachs! Isn't that right, Mark?"

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex gave Eddie a quelling glance, "There's a good way to get everyone detention for skipping on training. Why don't I just send a quick explanation to the girls RA and tell them we're spending some time helping a new student get situated and shown around. I don't think anyone will mind as long as we're not ditching. I don't really want to spend time in drills with Mr. Archer, personally."

"Look, we'll just call down the Pitchoo again. Then it's kinda obvious who's to blame for taking you all of of campus." Chris flashed a smile as he whipped out the remote. "Besides, it's hardly the biggest rules breach I've done yet. In the past week."

"Also, showing off my baby to new people is fun. Don't take that from me."

"Keep it in your pants, Chris." Eddie's smile spread across his face like wildfire. Giving Chris a hard time about the things that spilled out of his mouth was so fun. He added a playful nudge to the smile.

"Besides, we were barely able to cram into that thing after the baseball game. What makes you think we'll fit now? When there's more of us?"

"Alright," Faith nodded to Alex with a smile, "We'll go with that. Can you get that message to the RA now? Should we go with you?"

As the two boys bantered back and forth, she wondered if Mark wanted to go with the group or if he meant to be with her alone. Either way she would be with him. Taking his hands from her shoulder, she semi-consciously guided them to around her midsection. When the conversation between Eddie and Chris stopped, she spoke up. "So, when are we off?"

Mike nodded along with Alexs suggestion looking mildly chagrined at forgetting to introduce himself, "You want me to run over to let her know? You guys can head out that way and I'll catch up?" He inquired mostly to Alex but facing the group as a whole. Mark was definitely not the head space for making decisions, even more so than usual.

Alex took a moment to send the thought winging over to Seven before she patted Mike's hand, "Silly, speed of thought is still faster than speed of light. It's already sent. I'm a telepathic telekinetic," she explained to Faith cheerfully, "And if the Pitchoo is too crowded, Mike and I can fly. That's not a problem."

Faith's jaw dropped as she gasped at Mark's suggestion. She looked looked at him like he had been invited her to join the Freedom League. Would they really accept her? Would it look like she was horning in on their team? "I," Faith paused looking equal parts hope and, "are you sure? I mean would you want me? On the team?"

Erin blinked at Mark a few times, unable to hide a skeptical look at that idea. Sure he was technically the leader of the team, in the sense that he really liked to charge out in front whenever possible, and he had a knack for inspiring everyone else with his speeches and stuff. That didn't mean he usually had very good ideas. Like inviting someone they'd never met to join the team because he couldn't seem to take his eyes off her.

"Well, what can you do?" Erin asked Faith. "I mean, besides heal people. Do you know how to fight?" She tried to be open-minded about it, some people learned how to use their powers long before they arrived at Claremont, and some were very quick studies. Maybe it could work.

Faith snapped back into reality after hearing Erin's impromptu interview. What could she do? She was pretty good at healing and there was that trick she could do. That was it! "Well," she said with a smile, "I can use my psionic energy to make 'edit' people. It gives them a boost on what they have or gives them something they don't have. Though I can only do that a few times before I have to rest that ability; and it's short, as it lasts a little over a minute. Would you like to see?"

They had been so close to heading out and having fun. James resisted the urge to groan and roll his eyes. Five minutes and Mark was already bringing her on the team. Ah well. Mark was no nearly paranoid enough. Heck, he wasn't even paranoid at all. The downside of having everything work out for you. James felt a little more differently. He instinctively distrusted people. Everyone had an angle. Sure, friendships happened (for which he was thankful). But most people didn't just instinctively trust strangers. Unless it was the typical guy response to a pretty girl, which Mark might be suffering from a little too. Thankfully James wasn't prone to that problem. But maybe it'd work out. Maybe.

He just nodded at Erin in agreement. "Sure, I'm curious. But I'd rather not play test subject myself." He didn't know exactly how her powers would affect his nature and wasn't really interested in learning. He was nervous enough about that side of himself without worrying what would happen when it got 'boosted'.

Faith put her hand on Mark's chest. For a second his skin took on a silver tint, though it didn't feel like anything to him. Just as soon as the tint was there, it wasn't. The color faded and out of his back sprouted two feathery white wings. He also felt a bit stronger. She smiled at the boy who saved her by swooping down. Now he could fly like the angel she saw in him. "And that's how it works," she said staring happily at Mark while speaking to the others.

Ok, that was pretty impressive. And looked neat too. James chuckled and nodded with Eddie. "Just what he needs," he grinned. "This is going to go right to his head, you know that right," he said good naturedly, poking fun at his friend. He nodded to Faith. "That's pretty good. Can you do more than just making people fly? How versatile is it," he asked curiously.

"A little over a minute," Faith said turning to Mike, "I've never counted it proper, but it always ends at the same time." She smiled appreciatively at James's approval, "I don't know how far it can go, it's something I learned I could do recently. Right now Mark can fly and he's quite a bit stronger." She sighed happily, "Maybe I could take a request or something?"

"Ohh! I love this game!" Eddie smiled. "Can you turn people into anything weird, like giant slime monsters or something?" Eddie was practically hopping up and down with excitement. This truly was a neat trick. He loved testing the limits of his own versatile power set, and it was always interesting to see what others could do as well.

Flapping his new wings with gusto, a hugely-grinning Mark took off into the bright blue sky overhead."Wheeee! I've never felt so freeeee!" he called down below as he soared higher and higher into the sky overhead. "I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth and touched the face of God!" Laughing cheerfully, he soared higher and higher, rapidly shrinking to the vision of most of his colleagues.

Erin watched Mark take off, shading her eyes as he rapidly disappeared into the blue sky above. After a few moments of empty sky, she looked over at Mike. "I don't think he's coming down the easy way," she commented conversationally, glancing again at the sky. "You want to go catch him before he coincidentally lands on a 747 or something?"