One of These is Not Like the Other (OOC)

Cyroa

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, first off, everyone gets HP since I'm adjusting the power after I already made the sheet. It has subtle now (so much for thinking I got a good handle on these silly rules! :) ). So, DC 20 notice check to get your full defense I guess.

DC 36 (base 16, all are penetrating btw, +5 from power attack = 21+15 = 36).

Hey, turns out Jackie B can make DC 20 Notice checks at will with Skill Mastery! Apparently I'm better at this character building thing than I realized. Go figure.

Okay, so, let me make sure I understand what's going on. EDS is still technically in space, right? So, out of melee range if Stabby McJokejoke wants to keep breathing? Jack's 'behind' the portal now; is this one of those 'can only see it from one side' sort of bends in time and space?

Beyond that, the plan is still to get him into the actual room, yeah?

He is just inside the room, with the portal at his back.

You cannot see from one side of the portal to the other unless you have some special senses. So if Jack is "behind it" he can't see EDS who is "in front" of it. (You could enter the portal from either side if you wanted to go into space or be sucked into space when he lets that 'selective' go...)

Minor technicality, EDS would have to get the attack Extra to actually suck us into space with the portal.

Imperfect logically but its the same principle that says summoning lava from the earths mantle or plasma from the sun is a blast effect not teleportation.

Since he's unlikely to do it anyway probably doesn't matter but I am a fan of unsolicited pontification :D

Ha! Social fighters so crazy! It looked like EDS had +15 to Sense Motive, right? Hrm, that's pretty good. Probably can't get away with many move-action Bluffs...

Alright, Jackie B will move to get around to the other side of the portal, standard action Feint at DC 31 then surge to Power Attack 5 (1d20+10=30). Oh snap! Critilicious. That's DC 22 + 5 + 5 + probably 4 from Autofire = DC 36, with whatever descriptors Phantom's powers usually have, since the sword is made out of her magic.

"What does the scouter say about his toughness save?"

"It's over 19!"

"What?! Over 19?! There's no way that can be right!"

Yeah, so that was insane enough I felt obliged to give Jackie B an in-character response (Benefit #57 of a High Bluff: never letting on that you need a new pair of underwear). I can't believe that didn't even stun him! This is going to be rough...

That's a reflex save from everyone (including Phantom). Power 13...so DC 23? Not sure what effect that has on Phantom's preparations. Or even what exactly she's attempting...

Also, EDS will be shrugging off the Dazzle effects as he's immune to Fortitude (at the end of the round obviously) I believe.

Um....

here's the init again...

EDS

Jack

Phantom & Avenger

Ace

It is Phantom's and Avenger's turn...

and I still need the reflex saves from some people. also the concentration check for Phantom (I think; not sure how the ritual thing workd) + knowing what she's doing in the first place. ;) (not pressuring you Alder; I know you're behind/swamped)